5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

rnsmile's journal

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty rnsmile's journal

Post  rnsmile Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:13 pm

Today is my first day! I'm excited, and starving. But I'm gonna be strong.
B: nothing
L: 1 hard boiled egg (4 bites), 1 pretzel
D: Will post later.

I'm going to reread Why Weight Around again today. I'm gonna take it easy as far as exercise, until my body adjusts to the diet. But I eventually want to be a runner.

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Re: rnsmile's journal

Post  rnsmile Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:24 pm

D: 1pb cracker, 4 pretzels

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 2

Post  rnsmile Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

This is really hard. I have been feeling really weak today, but I'm staying strong. I'm not going to weight myself until Friday. I want to stay strong. So far so good.
L: 1 bite pot roast, 4 pb crackers
D: 2 bites pot roast, 3 pb crackers

I know I can do this. I'm hoping it gets easier after the first week. But I'm determined to get skinny. Staying positive and strong Smile

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:49 pm

Hi Smiles,

Stay strong! You seem to be doing great already. Today was my second day too. We have the same start date so we can be 5-bite buddies Smile. Just think that in 1 more day, we will be at day 3 and according to most people and the Dr. the hunger will lessen.

I am eating my second 5 bites now and I gotta tell ya it's so delicious. You know I never understand why people plan and look forward to their food, but now I do! When you know you either aren't going to eat a lot of what you are preparing, you really make every bite count lol.

Stay strong. Are you drinking any coffee, tea, or something when the hunger strikes? I've got popsicles (0 sugar and like 10 cal) ready to go. I bought some instant coffee and only use 2 stevia.The coffee tastes so gross without regular sugar and milk that I lose my appetite for the coffee and food lol.

Alright, again, stay strong and imagine your slimmer self a few weeks from now!!!

Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:58 am

Welcome to the journals! It's great to have some new people around. It does get easier with time. Hang in there! I love running. Right now, I'm trying to run once a week. I hope to get back up to 4 days/week again. I'm sure losing the extra weight will help the running.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  rnsmile Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Hi Alexis! We sure can be buddies. My biggest trick to fighting hunger is chewing gum. It also helps with my sweet tooth. I'm not drinking any coffee or tea, just water. We got to stay strong. It will definitely be worth it.

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:23 pm

Gum is a good idea. I was going to pick some up today too. I will start carry some around just in case the hungries STRICK! lol.

How are you doing so far? This is a pretty cool diet huh, especially since it seems to work without even perfect adherence. That was not the case with Zero carb/low carb. Once you fell of the wagon, you landed in a huge ditch and pretty much had to start all over to get your body back to burning fat etc. I plan to stick to it as religiously as I can, but it's nice to read success stories of people who had occassional slips here and there and still lost weight.

I just started following the doctor's tweets. They are proving very helpful. Someone posted about it. It's fivebitediet in case you are on twitter.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:09 pm

I meant STRIKE!! lol.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 4

Post  rnsmile Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:39 am

L: 5 bites of a hot pocket
D: 5 bites of subway sandwich

Alexis, the fact that it works like that is what has made it ideal for me. I'm doing great so far. Thanks for the twitter tip. How are you doing?

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 5

Post  rnsmile Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:12 am

L: 5 bites of a star crunch
D: 4 bits of hamburger, 1 bite of rice and gravy

I'm still feeling pretty bad. I'm hoping it ends soon. I'm waiting to weight myself as long as I possibly can. I hope it pays off.

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 am

That was a good 5 bite day. Hang in there. I hope you start feeling better.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Sounds like you are doing great on the diet! I do love to weigh myself each day to see the numbers go down, it helps keep me motivated...but other people don't like to weigh a lot b/c if they see something they don't like, then they may binge. You have to do what is right for you...but for me it would be torture to not take a peek at the daily progress and this diet is enough torture on its own! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 10?

Post  rnsmile Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:44 pm

Kind of lost count of my days. But I'm committed to only 5 bites and that's what's important. I weighed myself today. It was very motivating. I wish it was a little more though. But it is a loss, and that's what counts. I no longer feel hungry all the time, nor do I feel bad from the smaller portions. I have finally adjusted. Another thing I consider motivation is how horrible I felt when I first started the diet. There are times when I want to take more than 5 bites, but then I remember how bad I felt, and I don't do it. It wasn't fun, and I don't want to go through that again. I can tell a difference in the days where I eat something hearty for my 5 bites than when I eat something light. But I lose more when I eat the light. Like yesterday all I had was 10 pb crackers. I felt kind of week, but I lost more. Today however I had a little more hearty food.
L: 4 bites of lasagne and 1 bite bread
D: Haven't gotten here yet, but it will be 5 pb crackers.

Starting Weight: 236
Current Weight: 227

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:21 pm

You're doing great! Please eat what you want to eat...it will help you sustain the diet longer. The restriction of the portion is enough, you should eat what you want to eat, don't torture yourself! You're doing great, keep on going! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 11

Post  rnsmile Tue May 01, 2012 1:38 am

Fell off the wagon at dinner today. Did good until 5 o'clock. Had several bites of stew beef. Could not help myself. Then I felt sick afterwards. That will teach me a lesson. Getting back on the wagon tomorrow. So disappointed in myself.

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Tue May 01, 2012 11:30 am

Hey smiles,

Don't be too hard on yourself. It's all about that 80/20 rule. You need more good days than "learning days" (AKA fell off wagon days) and that equals weight loss. You had 10 strong days so you know you can do it again. That's all. Good for you for recommitting. You can (AND WILL) do this till the end. Let us know how it goes getting back to plan.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue May 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Celebrate what you have done! Please don't beat yourself up! I goofed yesterday, too...It will be alright! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  rnsmile Tue May 01, 2012 10:32 pm

Thanks you guys. That really makes me feel a whole lot better. Sometimes I had forgotten the good days. I'm getting back on the wagon now. More good days to come. I can do this, I know it.

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 1 again

Post  rnsmile Thu May 03, 2012 1:36 am

L: 1 snicker bar
D: 5 bites of mac and cheese

Getting back on the saddle Smile

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 03, 2012 2:10 am

Good job, I'm soooooooo proud of you!!!!!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 03, 2012 2:32 am

I'm proud too. bounce bounce bounce bounce
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Day 2 again

Post  rnsmile Thu May 03, 2012 11:14 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, it really helps. This is getting so much easier. I feel so full after the fourth bite now, the fifth is just for pleasure. Today was a good day.

L: 2 loaded potato bites, 3 bites of a reuben sandwich
D: 1 bite of fries, 2 bites of clam strips, 2 bites of oysters

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun May 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Where you been girl???? You still goin'?????
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  rnsmile Tue May 15, 2012 2:30 am

I have been sooooo busy, I haven't had time to get on. I will post an update soon Smile

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

rnsmile's journal Empty Catch up

Post  rnsmile Sat May 26, 2012 4:52 pm

I have been so busy the past month. I fell off the wagon, but I have not gained any of the weight that I lost back. I'm jumping back on the wagon today. I'm going to be successful at this. It is a lot harder than I anticipated it to be. I'm not happy with the way I look right now, so I'm going to change for the better. I can do this, I know I can. It just takes determination.

rnsmile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next