5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maernet's 5 bite adventure

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Maernet's 5 bite adventure Empty Maernet's 5 bite adventure

Post  Maernet Sun May 27, 2012 12:33 pm

Day 2
I think I will have to weigh myself so I can keep track of weight loss as it happens. I don't have a pair of scales so I'll try to find a pharmacy that has a scale this afternoon.
As a person who has done without food for extended water fasts I really like this method.. like fasting but eating and without the weakness that results from doing that.

So far it has been easy to adhere to the 5 bites, although I am probably taking extra large bites just now. Smile ..and I'm only on day 2.
I feel it's important to have the meal and then focus on something else, not thinking about food until closer to next meal time. I have decide to learn the German language as a distraction. I have my first lesson tomorrow. Perhaps too much focus on food is what makes us an overweight society.
I have not read Dr Lewis's book, but the rules are quite straightforward and very do-able for the short term at least.
My energy is good and I don't feel deprived, knowing that more food will be coming my way at the next meal.
Generally my diet is a paleo type. No grains, sugar or dairy , lots of meat and veggies.
So, caffeine only in the morning before 9am or I won't be sleeping. affraid Otherwise, Seltzer water or herbal teas as needed.

Today:
B= coffee
L= 5 bites of boiled chicken in broth with herbs and spices
D= 5 bites of tinned Sardines.

Off to read all your journals now!.. wishing you all well! Very Happy
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Maernet's 5 bite adventure Empty Re: Maernet's 5 bite adventure

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 2:12 am

High protein sounds good and I like the idea of distracting yourself by learning a new language. Great thinking to keep your mind as busy as possible! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Mon May 28, 2012 2:36 am

Hi there...sounds like you did great today! That's interesting about taking up the language. I'm the same way, I have to keep my head busy otherwise all I think about is food. Have a nice evening, Kathryn
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Mon May 28, 2012 10:34 am

Thanks for stopping by Snow White and Kalliopikat!
Today is day 3, so far so good.
I do find myself thinking about food but I'm not really hungry, just habit rearing it's head!
Just a note to mention how I came about 5 bites. I have an internet friend, David, who lost an incredible amount of weight doing zero carb and now 5 bites.
He is so upbeat and charming as well, and he a good inspiration and motivator. Well, he has lost 13 lbs in 11 days or so doing the 5 bites as he was finding that losing those last 20 lbs was getting more difficult.. or at least not going as fast as he wanted.
I will post a link to his blog (next week as I'm unable to link to internet sites during my first week on the forum)
Perhaps you too can get some inspiration from him.
B - coffee
L - 5 bites of mackerel fish fillet
D - 4 home made bite sized meatballs plus one bite of dill pickle.

Already my trousers are getting looser, I must find a scale today cat
I am very lucky that my husband is always supportive of all my efforts, no matter how crazy he may find them, Anyway, that means if we do (rarely) go out for dinner, he can finish off my portion after I've taken 5 bites.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon May 28, 2012 1:35 pm

Good luck to you. You must get a scale so you can keep up with the weight but you could also do your measurements so you can see the loss their. Good for you on learning another language, I'm not to savvy with other spoken languages but my kids pick them up really quickly. Keep up the good work.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Mon May 28, 2012 1:40 pm

Thanks Mommieof2,I have just met my German teacher and she is delightful.

TodayI went to the pharmacy to weigh myself, the stats are in my avatar.. so it looks like the 20 lbs I need to lose will be taken care of in our streak challenge!. Can't wait to get those old jeans of mine around my fat bottom!.. well, it won't be fat after the challenge.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Mon May 28, 2012 1:43 pm

That is too funny....I just found & signed up to David's blog late last night. lol. Did you see the photos he posted? Wow. And you're right...he's Mr. Happy. lol. Nice change of pace for a guy. I work with cops, and I do NOT see happy men on a regular basis!

Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Mon May 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Yes, Kalliopikat, isn't he just the bees knees? So glad you found him. The photos are a revelation. He really was a massive chap, now he looks so handsome and slim.

I will be weighing myself once a week, as it costs 50 cents to weigh and I am too cheap to spend more!.. I'll change my avatar accordingly each time. bounce
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Maernet's 5 bite adventure Empty Hi

Post  ElleBella Mon May 28, 2012 7:08 pm

I love you avatar idea.. where are you located as I notice you weigh in kg? yay for having a great teacher.. it makes all the difference.. Good luck, have fun with it! You are too cute with your jeans goal.. lets get you cute butt into those jeans then! Very Happy Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Tue May 29, 2012 7:31 am

I'm an Aussie. We do kilos . I don't really understand pounds, except when I am losing them. Shocked
Debbie, we will get very nice tushies doing this 5 bites.

Have just worked out that 11 stone 10lbs is equal to 164 pounds.. so that is my start weight.. maybe I need to lose more than 20 lbs.. who knows.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 am

Yesterday was interesting.
I ate my 5 bite lunch early, around 1pm. I was really hungry by 5 pm so I had dinner early around 5pm.
I couldn't believe how satisfying it was, no more hunger for the rest of the night. I just need to listen to my signals that tell me when to eat.
I think my hungerstat is coming into play early!.
I usually have a late lunch, about 2pm. so I am going without food for nearly 24 hours today.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Maernet's 5 bite adventure Empty Nice

Post  ElleBella Tue May 29, 2012 3:12 pm

That is sooooooooooooooooo great.. me Im wanting to eat everyting in site Im so hungry.. but I won't .. I have to take my little one to school.. then I have a business meeting at 9.. so tea and nothing but tea..lol bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Tue May 29, 2012 6:16 pm

Oh how I bounce love a nice cup of tea!.. think I'll do one right now!
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Tue May 29, 2012 6:26 pm

Day 4
B -coffee
L- 5 bites mackerel fillet
Dinner- 4 small bite sized meat balls and one bite dill pickle

You don't need to shop or cook much on this diet. Good for the budget too.
I've got enough food in the fridge to last me a couple of months at this rate, lol!
I know most of you are dealing with going out working and raising young children, but losing weight when you're older can have its moments. I used to drop weight so easily back in my 20s, 30s and even 40s but it's really difficult just to lose a pound these days. Except now! sunny
I love this diet...and we all know its not forever. It took time to become overweight, but we have the ability to drop it much faster than normal. Some people really struggle even with exercise and all sorts of plans, makes sense to reduce intake to minimal for a while.
Hope you are going well today elephant

Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Wed May 30, 2012 4:00 am

Looks like you did great today. : ) You'll have it all gone in no time!
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Wed May 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Day 5

Alls well, going good, concentrating on doing my German lessons.
B- coffee (bulletproof coffee)
L- 5 bites of sardines
D- 5 bites of scrambled egg...( that was 2 small eggs, btw)
I love doing the challenge with everyone.
After saying that 5 bites was easy on the first day or two, Embarassed ..now I'm really looking forward to my little miniscule lunch everyday, I can't stop thinking about food. cyclops
Once I eat I'm OK though but geez, I do want to eat.
But I am staying true to the rules because the thought of breaking away from the path would really annoy me so much I couldn't live with myself affraid affraid

Hope you are all going well today, may the appetite demons keep their heads low today.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Maernet's 5 bite adventure Empty bulletproof coffee

Post  Maernet Wed May 30, 2012 2:37 pm

I have been drinking bulletproof coffee every morning ( I had an intro to this from Dave's blog).

This involves good quality coffee, organic butter and coconut oil whipped in a blender and tasting like heaven.
It works really well with the 5 bite diet because the fats in the coffee keep me in ketosis all day (I only eat a zerocarb diet) even after eating lunch.
I check with the ketostix twice a day and it's always in the moderate purple zone so I know I'm in fat burning mode all the time.
Can't wait to check the scales on Monday.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 31, 2012 2:28 am

I don't like coffee but that coffee sound delicious. Keep up the good work.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Thu May 31, 2012 3:29 am

Hi there...you really like that coffee? I read that on his blog and it kinda grossed me out, but maybe it's really tasty. Is it hard to clean the blender? I don't know...it just sounds oily, is it? I guess maybe I'll make it a lunch project on the weekend. LOL. Except I'm sort of afraid I'll actually LIKE it maybe.

What's up with cellitis? I've never heard of that. I googled it, sounds like it can be life-threatening. I saw you posted the challenge...made me smile, it was you who did that, right?

Have you done the zerocarb for a long time? Does that mean you don't eat any fruits or vegetables at all? How do you feel on it? I need to take the time to read the page, see how it's different from the other low carb diets.

ok, good job on the good eating day, kat
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Thu May 31, 2012 6:55 am

Good morning 5 biters.
Kat, - The bulletproof cofee may sound revolting because we are not used to seeing this combination of ingredients, but the original "developer" first tasted tea with yak butter in Tibet and took it from there. It is so delicious that now I don't want coffee any other way.
I have a Thermomix and just blast the coffee in there for 15 seconds, it comes out all frothy like a cappuchino but tastes better, please try it!
When cleaning the blender, when I am through mixing, I just fill it half with warm water and a drop of dishwash liquid and blast it for another few seconds, so easy.

Mommieof2 - I believe you can do it with tea too, but I have not tried it .

I have been zerocarb after I was diagnosed with pre diabetes about 2 years ago when I turned 60.
Zerocarb turned it around for me. I have the best blood sugars in town and my health has improved 100 percent.
I very rarely eat vegetables, only when its unavoidable or I am going out and there is a vegetable mixed in with the meat. I guess you could call my diet more strict paleo with no fruit, no grains and no dairy.
But I am not perfect and sometimes I eat stuff that is not optimal for my health, which is why I am carrying a shipload of extra pound at the moment...and why I am here!

Cellulitis is a skin disease caused by a bacteria, it is more common than you think, but its hard to shake . In the old days it was called erisypelas. It can be treated with antibiotics.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 am

Day 6
B- bulletproof coffee
L - 5 bites sardines (a small can)
D- 5 bites of salmon

A fishy day for me today.
Going well.
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu May 31, 2012 6:02 pm

I love my fish too.. goog job girl.. you are so on track!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:48 pm

Trying to stay on track!
day 7
Bullet proof coffee
Lunch - 5 bits of chicken
D -5 bits of chicken
I need to get my insides moving. Bring out the epsom salts, that will fix it in an hour or two! affraid

Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:07 pm

What do you do with epsom salts? So your system has slowed down, too. I don't remember this happening when I was on the diet before. I'm still really struggling with this.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:05 pm

Hi, I'd like to know also what you're going to do w/Epsom salt...you don't drink it, do you?

Wow...I think you are definitely addicted to the coffee brew from Dave...I keep thinking about it but seeing you, I'm afraid if I start I won't stop, so maybe I just won't go there...I LOVE coffee...

I'm not having the same internal issues that you ladies are experiencing, but when I do, I find that half an apple works amazingly well for me. Also, there's a tea I found that is very gentle and effective called Smooth Move. I like the chocolate flavor, I find it also very filling. It's the sort of thing you have to take repeatedly for a few days before it kicks in, but it's very nice.

Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next