5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jojovera's Journey

+3
ElleBella
Snow White
Jojovera
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jojovera's Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: Jojovera's Journey

Post  ElleBella Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:47 am

Ok. Princess.. you got it.. I still think you are great.. !!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:36 pm

Day 6 (84 left)

RECAP of Day 5
L: 5bite medley (2B cookie & 3B open faced turkey sandwich)
D: 1B cookie & 4B open faced turkey sandwich

AWAKENING
I felt much better yesterday. I was proud of myself for not binging on Day 4 and felt more determined to reach my goal (especially when the scale registered a 1.2 reduction in weight).
I felt bloated and still drained (not diet related) so I drank some mint tea. I drank it w/o a sweetener of any kind (real or artificial)-eck.

EXERCISE
I've decided to amend my workouts. I don't think they were as light as Dr. Lewis would want.
I know I don't have to exercise, but I feel productive when I do. I'm only going to do yoga (boring, but at least I'll gain flexibility).

FAT LOSS TEST
Can I really lose as much as Dr. Lewis claims? If he is right I should be at my BMI of 18.5% by February 10th.
That would be right on time for the end of my 90 day journey (February 9th). That would be beyond awesome!
All I have to do is follow the 5BD protocol...

BACKUP PLAN
Of course I have a back up plan (I've approximated a 5lbs/week weight loss). So instead of losing 30lbs every 4 weeks I'd lose 20lbs.
I'd have to extend my weight loss to March 17th. So February 10th-March 17th an extra 5 weeks.

All I have to do is follow the 5BD protocol...
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:54 pm

Sounds great.. You seam to have a great handle on it.. Yay I look forward in seeing you make it! So Exciting!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:11 pm

@ElleBella: Gosh it's hard-lol. It's soooooo hard looking so far ahead and wanting the end results so badly, but having to exercise patience and consistency. One day at a time, right? Ugh!!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:53 pm

Yes Right!! I am going back on the full out 5 bite diet tomorrow with all of you.. so I am going to feel your pain for sure.. lets make this road move super fast!! Let get it done! Very Happy
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:13 pm

@ElleBella: Yay we're 5Biters! You'll see results in no time!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:14 pm

Day 7 (83 left)

RECAP of Day 6
L: 1B cookie & 4B chicken nuggets
D: 5B chicken & rice (a bit chipmunky)

MEASURE
*I might have to measure out 1/4 cup(2oz) of chicken and rice until I can eyeball the portion without measuring*

WORRY FREE
I spent some of yesterday morning worrying about getting saggy skin after I lose all the extra fat on my body. Popular thinking has it that the faster the fat is shed, the more likely it is for a person to be left with sagging skin. I'm not worried anymore. I'm confident that whatever loose skin I get, if any, will over time be removed. I believe my skin has a good amount of elasticity still intact. I also intend to build muscle as if I am in training to be a fitness model. I read that when one gains muscle, it fills in the areas that were once fat-filled and packs tightly, against the skin's surface,any residual fat that remains (reducing the appearance of cellulite).
So this means the journey to a better body is a long term goal, even if the fat loss occurs quickly. I'm so excited I cou"ld squeal!

MY EXERCISE PLAN
Yoga!
9 poses x2 sides: that's the "easiest" workout I could come up with.

TUNNEL VISION
I love how my desire to be successful allows me to have tunnel vision and ignore irritating people and situations. I care less about them and more about myself, for once. I'm able to look beyond the stupidity, focus on my goal, and smile b/c I'll soon realize a dream I've had all my life- that's something no one can take away.
+

Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:58 pm

Well said girl!! Yup 5 biting it again!! Yay.. I am also worried about the skin thing.. laser surgury can help.. lol.. affraid have a great day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:49 pm

Day 8 (82 left)

RECAP of Day 7:

L: 5B medley (Snickers, cookie, & chicken nugget w/ketchup)
D: 2oz(~5 bites) chicken & rice
WEIGH IN

Days 1-7
Daily Weigh In:
Day 1 (89 left) *202.0lbs*
S 11/11/12

Fat 2 (88 left) *200.6lbs*
M 11/12/12

Day 3 (87 left) *198.6lbs*
T 11/13/12

Day 4 (86 left) *197.0lbs*
W 11/14/12

Day 5 (85 left) *195.8lbs*
R 11/15/12

Day 6 (84 left) *195.0lbs*
F 11/16/12

Day 7 (83 left) *194.4lbs*
S 11/17/12

YOGA
My yoga practice was meh, nothing beats strength training. Yet, it'll have to do until the end of the diet. There are really 8 poses that I perform twice. So this is my intended progression:
30 seconds/pose=8 minutes
1 minute/pose=16 minutes
2 minutes/pose=32 minutes, then adopt another series

FOR SIMPLICITY'S SAKE
Dr. Lewis tried to make his diet as simple as possible so people wouldn't feel bogged down with weighing and measuring. People can move about freely and navigate any social culinary situation. Just count bites!

LONG TERM
I'm committed to counting bites and eating two meals FOREVER. I'll never have to worry about which new diet to go on whether it's low calorie or low carb. The beauty of counting bites is that I am eating less of everything less often so it winds up being a low calorie and low carb plan. Even if I choose to have 2 Snickers bars a day, that would only be 560 calories and ~70g of carbs. That's low carbs to me although not Dr. Atkins' Induction phase. I often don't count bites, but just cut up my food into bite portions. So I'm confident that I'll never be tubby again (once I lose all the fat). There is freedom in healthy bite sized eating (take bites of protein, take bites of veggies, take bites of fruit, take bites of/add MUFAs, fewer bites of junk/processed foods, fewer bites of saturated fat). Eventually I will replace my current meat choices with omega 3 containing fish and incorporate more MUFAs. Junk food will be drastically reduced, but not eliminated.
Maintenance will be a breeze for the reasons below:

1. I'll eat only lunch & dinner
2. I'll eat 10 bites (4oz) of food
3. I won't neglect my supplements
4. I'll still take at least 5 minutes to eat each bite.
5. I'll exercise for fun (Zumba), for muscle definition (weight lifting), & flexibility (yoga)

WORK OUT PLANS
1. AM & PM Yoga
2. Walk 1mile 6 days a week which is 2000 steps to and from my local library.

SUPPLEMENTS
Since I hate to drink tea (unless I'm ill), I'm ingesting an herbal & amino acid supplement. I won't drink green tea, but can swallow a capsule that contains it. I figured that I'd finish the bottle since I've had it for so long. I'm suppose to have more energy, burn fat (doubt that), and reduce cholesterol and blood pressure. My diet isn't the healthiest so I'll hopefully offset any ill effects through supplementation.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:22 pm

You plan is amazing.. I am looking foward to just eating small portion forever.. after I lose the weight that is.. If I am hungry I will eat if not.. I won't.. great plan on the working out.. I am a avid walker .. daily walk my daughter back and forth to school.. ride my bike to go get groceries.. alth that has stopped now that the snow has fallen.. but I love to dance around.. I HATE the gym.. lol.. Life is great when it comes together! Good job you!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 pm

@ElleBella: I'm just so happy that I found a plan that works and I can stay on for life. Aren't you? Anything we do (exercise/healthy food choices) is a bonus.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 am

I am back on day 1 with 5 biting and its tuff going .. but I am sticking with it.. Yes I agree that its so great to be in control.. yay.

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Day 9 (81 left)

RECAP of Day 8:

L: 5B caramel rice cakes
D: Cheated (oops)

CHEAT MEAL
Ok I know this is off script, but I ate a cheat meal yesterday! I needed it. I think I'll be more compliant and in better spirits for the next 6 days since I indulged my cravings. I have adopted a cheat meal into my 90 day journey. The plan is to cheat during dinner on the 7th day every Saturday. I chose Saturday because it's symbolically the last day of the week. It'll serve as a day of celebration for my fortitude and success during the week. Also Saturdays are better for me because l can start the new week (Sunday) motivated to burn fat.

I'll just watch the scale to make sure that I don't gain too much. I only gained 0.2lbs from cheating yesterday, which is most likely water weight. I think it's safer if I cheat at dinner instead of all day.

I read (there's some research) that a cheat day promotes more weight loss as well as a feeling of well being. A cheat day isn't a binge, it is a controlled increase in caloric intake and we're to stop when full (I went a wee passed full, but I wasn't uncomfortably stuffed).

My goal is to be 188lbs by next Sunday's weigh in. 6lbs in 7 days. I intend to weigh 188lbs, even with my cheat meal on Saturday.

IXNAY ALKINGWAY (NIX WALKING)

It's getting so cold outside (and I'm lazy). I don't feel like taking a walk outside. I created a 20 min indoor workout (akin to a 1mile walk). There are 10 exercises done for 2 minutes. My tools are my timer and cardio music (Pandora). Bonus points on the days that I take a walk outside.
I'll do yoga first-ugh! Lol.

YOGA
I downloaded a timer app to my phone. It's similar to a Gizmo and is awesome. I preset the number of poses, the time for each pose and it tallies the total time for my workout. I know exactly when it's time to transition into a new pose b/c it'll beep. It definitely helps me focus on maintaining proper form and not on counting breaths/reps.
Yoga is a challenge for me to love. I've never enjoyed the pull I get from stretching.
I have to motivate myself harder to do my yoga series than strength training, but it gets done. Soon it'll be a habit...maybe.

SHOPPING CHALLENGE

I thoroughly enjoy shopping (of any kind) so I know what a thrill it will be for me when I am finally at my 18.5% BMI. I will have so many options! Yay! I've decided to refrain from shopping until at least the end of the 90 day challenge. I will tailor my clothes myself to fit me (even my bras). Shopping will then be a great reward!!

FUTURE FITNESS
Pole dancing? Ballet barre? Aquatic exercises? Ski machine?
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:30 pm

@ElleBella: You've got this!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:33 pm

LOL I blew it on rice.. lol.. just rice.. lol.. I will not have soup for lunch ever again!! Well untill I am finished!

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:40 pm

@ElleBella: yeah soup, porridge, yogurt, smoothies & ice cream are out (for me that is). The sooner we get through this diet, the sooner we can indulge on what we've sacrificed.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:02 pm

Clever you honey.. thank you
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Jojovera's Journey - Page 2 Empty Jojvera's Journey

Post  Jojovera Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:17 pm

Jojovera's JourneyRECAP of Day 9
L: 5B Snickers @2
D: 5B pasta & greens @7

I need to be diligent about keeping the portions as small as 5 bites.

WORKOUTS
I compiled my own 30 minute cardio routine. It was awesome, just what I need to burn extra calories.

LUNCH @2
Can I comfortably postpone lunch until 2? I tried it yesterday and I was comforted knowing dinner wasn't far off. Don't think it'll be a daily habit though.

MARCH
This might take as long as March for me to lose all the weight. 126 days total. So I'm
counting down from them, from more on.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  username Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Good for you working out!

username

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Aww thanks. It's more to ease my restlessness-lol.
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:47 am

Good for you.. you are so great at the 5 bite diet.. it was made for you!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:35 pm

Day 11 (80 left)*

RECAP of DAY 10
L: Mac & cheese
D: medley

BITE
I'm rededicating myself to keeping each bite as small as 1/5 of a Snickers bar. I'm also watching the kinds of food I eat (hence an apple for lunch and possibly dinner). I'm going to be maniacal!

188's how much I want to weigh by Sunday. Don't know if I'll make it in 4 days, but I'll try.

TODAY'S PLAN:
L: 5B apple @2
D: 5B apple? @6

*{91 days}

+
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:40 pm

@ElleBella: I could be so much better, but thanks Very Happy
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Great job on your weight loss! Keep on going! Rewards are vital and I really like that about your program. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jojovera Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:26 am

Thanks Snow White! I really value your encouragement. I have a while to go and I'm trying to maintain the momentum and not get discouraged or overwhelmed. So thanks again for stopping by and thanks for your kind words!
Jojovera
Jojovera

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next