5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blaqpepa's Journal

+4
Snow White
herbsgirl
ElleBella
blaqpepa
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Blaqpepa's Journal Empty Blaqpepa's Journal

Post  blaqpepa Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:37 pm

Today marks the beginning of my journey on the 5BD. So far, not so good. I just had supper, and had 7 bites! And lunch was also 7 bites! Plus a bite of chocolate in between to help the hunger pangs! Oh Dear Sad

I'm hoping tomorrow will be a better day. And i'm praying i don't have a binge episode later. BED has been in control of my life for the past 10 years, and i'm tired! Sick and tired of being sick and tired!

But at the same time, i'm a bit proud of myself for only having 15, when i know i could've easily had 100. And possible a number of hundreds had i binged!

Day 1
Height: 4'10
17 Nov: 68.6kg (15 bites)
blaqpepa
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Blaqpepa's Journal Empty Re: Blaqpepa's Journal

Post  ElleBella Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:24 pm

You are doing great.. do not put your self down at all.. I eat mostly 10 bites per meal.. so you are doing just fine.. keep going.. do not stress.. we are all not perfect at this!..

Rock it girl!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 pm

15 is wonderful! I started out with 80 and Im working my way down! Im around 30 now.  I always allow myself more bites for Sunday.

On the 80 bites website, they say that most overweight people eat OVER 150 bites per day. And I found out that is true for myself. I ate close to 200 bites while binging/overeating!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:42 pm

You're doing great! Easing into it will help you stick with it for the long term. I don't know if you read the book, but it says just go all in and start out 5 biting, but that's pretty hard to do. Several of us here started with a higher bite count and working our way down to 5 bites. Just keep on going! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:55 am

Welcome blaqpepa! Congratulations for the 15 bites!
When I started this diet I could also easily have had 100 bites a day. There was a time when I would consume 10,000 calories per week-end. But we are all here to change those bad habits.
Even though I still suffer from BED, trust me that I cannot eat as much as I used to if I ever have binge episode. I guess in time my stomach shrinked a little. We'll support you to achieve your goal and make this BED disappear. cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  katya Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:04 pm

You are making a great start! I used to eat an entire pound of pasta in one sitting - 7 bites of something is much less than that! As the 12-step programs like to say...progress, not perfection.
katya
katya

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:32 pm

Hi everyone!
Thank you so much for your support. Today was a good day. I just had supper, and totaled 10bites!!!
I had 6 for lunch, 1 as a snack, and 3 for supper. The bites were all pretty big, but I'm one step closer to doing this right! I don't think I even deeded to take huge bites, i guess it was just the fear of not being able to eat more than 10 bites that caused me to do it.
Tomorrow i'm going to work on taking normal bites.

I had a glass of water with a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar in the morning around 10, and again around 4, and it's really helped with my cravings and appetite in general. I didn't really feel hunger that much today. It's still pretty early, only 6:30pm, so if i feel hunger a little later, i think i'll drink another glass.

Claire1, I'm glad to hear that this has made the binging smaller. That's what i'm really hoping for too. That my stomach will shrink to the point of my binges not really being binges at all!!! I can't wait for BED to be completely gone for good!!

blaqpepa
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Mon Nov 18, 2013 6:01 pm

Your bites will probably just naturally go down to more normal size, as you go on!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:03 am

You are doing so great.. 10 goes to 7 then onto 5 bites.. Yay
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:35 pm

My post from earlier seems to have disappeared Sad
It's day three today and i still haven't lost any weight! Stuck at 68.6kg. This is extremely discouraging! I'm beginning to feel like what's the point!!!!

I had 10 BITES at lunch!!!! I was starving, and now i can't even have supper. I had 1 bite just to taste what i cooked for the family.
So, day 3, no weight loss and 11 bites!

I really hope i wake up with a lower weight tomorrow, even if it is just 100grams!!!
blaqpepa
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Hang in there, blaqpepa! I know exactly how it feels when you don't lose anything despite your efforts. But I'm absolutely sure that you''ll start losing very soon. Personally, when I began dieting I lost around 10 kg relatively easy. But once I reached 72 kg it became a lot more difficult. I know that less you need to lose, the harder it gets and the longer it is.
Maybe it's that time of the month?Question Rolling Eyes  Whatever may be the reason for which you didn't lose anything in 2 days, don't give up. You can do this!!!bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:59 pm

This is not fun I know but as you get to lower weight it can take a bit longer to get the shift going. One girl I read about some time back cheated every time she plateaued for the weekend.. then went straight back to 5 bites per meal.. it worked for her.. maybe come this weekend if you have not shifted you can try it? I wish you not to worry it will get better.. do not give up on what you want.. xoxox
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  katya Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:22 am

Stick with it - the scale will eventually move. You are stronger than the scale!
katya
katya

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Hang in there! Sometimes you can do everything right and your body just needs a minute to maintain and process that you are doing this!!! Don't get discouraged and keep heart brave warrior!!!! We are all in battle here and we can and will do this!!!

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:39 am

Ugghh! No fun when the scales wont move, keep going girl, so you can see a change soon!!cheers 
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:33 pm

Hey Girl.. how's things.. heading into the weekend challenge.. have a great one!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:20 pm

Well... I'm back after a short disappearance. I fell off the wagon Sad Uggghh!!! I was so hungry, i couldn't deal with it!!! But i'm back, will be officially starting tomorrow cause it's already the evening here. But i've decided to set myself new rules, to help me ease into 5 bites.

1. 10 bites of lunch
2. 10 bites of supper
3. Fruit if extremely starving - bites don't count

I'd like to see if i can maintain this for some time, and then work on lowering my bites. Doing all or nothing has not worked for me, so I need to learn that adaption is ok, as long as you're doing something, and not just giving up on oneself.

So, tomorrow i'll weigh myself and will start officially, AGAIN, doing this new plan. I know it's not 5 bites, but i'm hoping i'll get there eventually!

blaqpepa
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:20 pm

Cheering you on blaqpepa!!!! You can do this!!! I want to give you another testimonial of someone who lost quite a bite eating 20-30 bites a day here...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/diet-weight-loss/1694865-only-diet-ever-worked-me-5-a.html

That person lost 40 lbs in 2 months on 20-30 bites a day!!! As you can see, if you read on through the thread, a lot of people do not support this way of eating. I think people are resistant to new things Sad  but counting bites works!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:35 am

Yay you are back.. so proud of you for coming back..this proves you can do it. So happy to see you..xoxox bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  katya Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:40 pm

So happy to see you back! This whole thing is a process. Some days are perfect and some are not. As long as we keep trying our best, we are succeeding!
katya
katya

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Yay! I'm so happy to be back! Thanks ladies!

Herbsgirl, that link was great, thanks.

So today i weighed myself, and to my surprise I'd lost weight, even though i've been off plan for a while. When I first tried the 5 diet plan, i started at 68.6kg. And today, I'm 66.5kg!! Yay...

28 Nov - 66.5kg

20min kettlebell workout
Breakfast - Banana
Lunch - 9 Bites of cereal with yogurt
Snack - small peach
Dinner - 13 Bites of pork curry & Basmati rice with steamed zucchini

So, not counting fruit, today I had a total of 22 Bites! Just 2 Bites off of my 20 goal.
I've decided that I will do 20 bites for a week, then go down 2 bites every week until I get to 10 bites a day.

Tomorrow i'll do my best to not go over 20bites, and possibly only have 1 fruit, and drink more water.
blaqpepa
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:41 pm

Sounds like a super plan.. Great Job on your first day back..Yay cheers 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Keep on going blaqpepa!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:53 am

Happy Wednesday xxoxoxox
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  blaqpepa Thu Dec 26, 2013 7:42 am

Merry Christmas lovely ladies! Hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday.

I'm back again, after falling off this wagon multiple times. But i'm feeling a lot more hopeful today. On Tuesday I started taking 5-htp supplements, and I'm so glad that they have curbed my appetite quite a bit. So I'm feeling a lot more confident about eating 5 bites, knowing that over the past couple of days, i've gotten full on quite a little. YAY!

So today I start my journey again.

My Rules:
Breakfast: Low cal hot chocolate
Lunch: 5 bites
Supper: 5 bites
Snack: 1 fruit if necessary/ 5 bites of dessert

Day 1 - 26/12 - 68.5kg

I'll update a little later on what I eat during the day,

OK, so this is what I had today. Not 5 bites!!! Uggggg. I could've stopped at 5. I think subconsciously I'm afraid to. I keep sabotaging myself, sometimes I think I'm really afraid of losing weight and getting thin. I don't know.

Anyway.....
Breakfast: low cal hot chocolate with more than a dash of milk
snack: 1 large juicy mango
Lunch: 6 bites of muesli with yogurt and chia seeds and 4 bites of chocolate
Supper: 8 bites of gammon with salad
Desert Sad : 10 bites of carrot cake, banana bread, all covered in vanilla custard!! REALLY???? I WASN'T EVEN HUNGRY!!!!

So, instead of a total of 10 bites, today I had a grand total of 28 bites, not including fruit.
The 5-hpt really gets me full fast, and my tummy is really sore right now, even though I've eaten significantly less than I normally would. But the plus side about it is that I'm not loathing myself about it. The raised serotonin is really helping.

Hoping tomorrow is a better day. Now that all the family festivities are over, I'll be more strict on myself. I know I can do this, I just need to stop giving up on myself so easily, without even really trying, or putting in much effort. I'm thinking maybe I need to chug a lot of water just before eating, so that stopping at 5 will be even easier, I don't know. I also think I need to spend the night reflecting on if/why I'm afraid of ultimately losing weight, and keep sabotaging myself.

I've been stuck between 68kg-70kg for a couple of months now, and I'd really like to go into 2014 a lot lighter!!! My birthday is in Jan, and I'd love to be at or better yet past my first goal weight of 65kg by then.

Hope everyone else had a better day today.

Last edited by blaqpepa on Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding food log)
blaqpepa
blaqpepa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next