5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travelbug's journal

3 posters

Go down

Travelbug's journal Empty Travelbug's journal

Post  travelbug Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:55 pm

Good Morning!
Weighing in for my start weight this morning was a bit miserable but very necessary if I want to get going with this  Smile 
Im 5'9 have a Start weight of......198.2
with a Goal weight of.................150
Hmmmm 48lbs, I wonder how long it will take to get rid of it?

Anyway, here goes day 1, full steam ahead!

Last edited by travelbug on Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title)

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Travelbug's journal Empty Re: Travelbug's journal

Post  travelbug Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:14 am

Alright! Day 1 done
I'm not hungry at the moment but have a feeling this is a 'honeymoon' moment. My body probably isn't feeling it yet.
Today was a fishy day
B...... Tea
L....... Salmon fish cake (5 bites)
D....... Pollock and potato (5 bites)
I briefly considered making my dinner cake and frosting but i'm pretty sure I might regret that.
I'm trying to make goods choices, I'm 100% sure I will have a few days here and there which will consist of nothing but chocolate... I know myself pretty well

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:19 pm

Just weighed.... 196.4
Not bad for 1 day's work

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:34 pm

Today is done, few food demons to fight off but a success!
B..... Tea
L...... Mini roll with cheese (5)
D..... As above but with 1 bite of lemon cake (6)
Feeling a bit light headed and tired today, honeymoon was over pretty quick. I've found drinking sparkling water a great help today instead of the dreaded (but much craved) diet coke.
Forging on to day 3!

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:28 pm

Another day down...First 3 days are done.

I decided not to weigh this morning as I was already thinking way tooo much throughout the day (yesterday) about what the scale would say. The scale is a big thing for me, sadly numbers have become the difference between self loving and loathing. I lay in bed last night wondering how I would feel if the scale didn't move down another lb? Would I quit the diet in a food frenzy or shrug it off. Knowing me, I would have done the former and would have been back at 198.2 by the end of today. Of course, science would say that I should have lost, but how much would be enough? I've heard these first three days can be full of false starts and I really dont want to have to repeat those first two days again
I have decided to resist weighing in until the end of this week.
Granting myself the gift of blissful ignorance...

Now for today's 5 bite feast!
B Tea
L 1 mini bread roll with fish and sweetcorn (5)
D 1 (yummy) snickers (5)
Lots of spring water today.

Looking forward to day 4....

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  jennyfire79 Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:41 am

Sweet your doing well. I would definitely not weigh yourself because it can fluctuate which causes frustration like you said. If you want we can pick a day to weigh in and then post the success but still post everyday what we ate which will keep us in check.

jennyfire79

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:45 am

Greetings and Farewell to day 4!

Today was hard work!!! I resisted a marshmallow covered chocolate brownie, resisted a DQ chocolate dipped cone and RESISTED a piece of cake offered to me by my friend. Lots of junk food challenges! I had a day out with lots of kids which is inevitably filled with the offer of sweet things. I drank a lot of Diet Coke though...a gut load  Shocked I found it really helpful and it felt like a bit of a treat.....
Im enjoying the diet so far. Its a real challenge although my greedy stomach (which is used to large portions of everything) tells me way too often that its hungry, I even felt my mouth water today!
I try not to let my mind drift to food outside of meal times, I don't want to spend my day wondering how just good those french fries would taste. Surprisingly this method of not snacking and only eating 2 meals makes dieting easier. I was ww years ago and was obsessed with food and point values. I would chip away at my points all day on low calorie snacks that tasted like cardboard, not feeling satisfied at all.
Grazing ALL day left me wanting to eat ALL day.

On with today's menu of delights:
B Tea
L FRIES!! (regular size gobbled in 5 bites)
D Bread with grated cheese and pineapple pieces (5 bites)

Tomorrow is scallops, I'm excited about that......

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  jennyfire79 Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:43 am

Scallops do sound amazing! I'm such a seafood junkie! Wow good for you for resisting such yummy food that passed your way! That is hard when loving food so much.

jennyfire79

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:46 am

So scallops morphed into eggs and toast!
Day 5 is over without overeating.
Admittedly, I got a seriously light head at 5pm and while waiting for my eggs I did eat half a jam sachet. I've had a busy day full of activity so I think it must have been an energy crash. I felt so much better within minutes of eating that jam. It allowed me to take my time with my eggs and toast instead of shovelling it in like a crazy person. Thank goodness for Denny's with its all day breakfast food items. I was really craving the yolk part of eggs (weird?) this afternoon. Their menu is hellish for a regular dieter though, they have the best looking bad food ever... So much grease and don't let me get started on their amazing looking desserts. I have only ever eaten breakfast there, I could do some serious damage!

Enough rambling, here's today's menu fit for a queen...
B tea
L salmon cake (5)
D eggs/toast (5)

Until tomorrow

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  jennyfire79 Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:22 pm

travelbug wrote:So scallops morphed into eggs and toast!
Day 5 is over without  overeating.
Admittedly, I got a seriously light head at 5pm and while waiting for my eggs I did eat half a jam sachet. I've had a busy day full of activity so I think it must have been an energy crash. I felt so much better within minutes of eating that jam. It allowed me to take my time with my eggs and toast instead of shovelling it in like a crazy person. Thank goodness for Denny's with its all day breakfast food items. I was really craving the yolk part of eggs (weird?) this afternoon. Their menu is hellish for a regular dieter though, they have the best looking bad food ever... So much grease and don't let me get started on their amazing looking desserts. I have only ever eaten breakfast there, I could do some serious damage!

Enough rambling, here's today's menu fit for a queen...
B tea
L salmon cake (5)
D eggs/toast   (5)

Until tomorrow

Oh man not good about feeling so light headed. Make sure your drinking water and taking a multivitamin. However you got day five down so whoot whoot. I hope today you feel better and do not get the light headed feeling. Have a good weekend.

jennyfire79

Back to top Go down

Post  travelbug Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Another day is done!
I woke up with zero appetite this morning, could it be that my body has adjusted to no breakfast this soon? I love breakfast, Ive eaten it always and I looooove breakfast food. Its a relief to not feel hungry after having a hunger pangs every day for almost a week.
With my weight at 198lbs and my height of 5'9, my BMI is 29.2. I think I'm about a point away from the obese category which was strange, as I've never thought of myself as close to obese.
Who made this BMI calculator?!!

B TEAAAAAA
L scallops and shrimp (5)
D Donut (5)

travelbug

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:08 am

Hi travelbug! You sound just like me. Live and die by the scale. I started 5 bites on friday- and so far so good . I am waiting till wed to weigh. I hope its a good one- I love your journal- keep up your great work- i cant wait to see how far we go!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down