5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

+2
Daani
ControlIt
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty daani

Post  ControlIt Fri May 09, 2014 12:37 pm

Thank you!!!!!! I want someone to tell me if I might be doing something wrong.   I will take just 5 bites today. Also not drinkingvpop.  Now that I think about it.  Probably the size of three snickers!!!!!  Lol
It's dayv13.  I lost 6 pounds.   Glad I'm not gaining any more but want to loose faster.  
I can't wait.  Something I want so badly.  My husband agreed to go to church with me two sundays a month when I reach 155pounds   he attends a church that I call dead.  No kids in the church and 10 people sometimes.    Funny to say this but. He is not getting fed.   Hahaha.

ControlIt

http://www.travelsimplified.net

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty Re: Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

Post  Daani Fri May 09, 2014 2:25 pm

You are doing good. Once you reduce the food it will go better.
I also noticed with myself, when I don't drink enough water I loose slower.
Besides, look at the weight loss so far. You have average 3 pounds a week - that is great.
Hang in there. The faster you can get this weight off the better for you. You can work on maintaining, have less issues health wise and you will have much more energy.
Might not be an issue for you but for me it's I know my cholesterol looks a lot better when I have less weight to carry around.

Stay strong on the weekend - it's always temptation time. Laughing 

Daani

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty Thanks Daani

Post  ControlIt Fri May 09, 2014 3:20 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement!

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty help....runny bowels movements

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 1:03 am

Hi,    Shocked 
Has anyone had problems with diarreha approx. 30 minutes after eating?  I'm not taking any meds differently.  Actually the way I ate before the 5BD I was taking Miralax every day.   I'm not sure after 14 days if this is still in my system?   But after I eat I get diarrhea about 30 minutes after.   I am lactose intollerant but have had anything with milk.

I thinking maybe my body is detoxing or something?  
Today I ate a ham, turkey, cheese 1 piece of bread sandwich.
Tonight 5 bites of a big mac at McDonald's.  
Again, not good after 30 minutes.  
Dr lewis's book only says something about having no bowel movements.  Less in less out he says.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty Re: Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 10, 2014 1:12 am

It depends on what I eat- but yes that has happened to me occasionally. Not sure at what point it would become worrisome to you- but see how it gets in the next week.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty oh good

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 1:26 am

Tammyjm10,
thats not good, but I'm glad its not just me....
I wonder why it happens? not eating anything different just less.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty Slow but surely....

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 12:56 pm

Day 15  Smile 
Weighed in at 193.3 this morning
Started at 201.4
Lost 8 pounds....not fast, but yesterday was my biggest lost of the entire time...I think 2 pounds.
So now I know what I need to do... area stomach, I can feel is really loose.
I still have very loose stools this morning. That makes not want to eat very much at all.  Laughing 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 10, 2014 3:35 pm

Congrats on your loss! I think you are just maybe cleaning out the toxins in your bod? Hard to say... But hopefully that will stop for you. Not fun. Hope you have a great weekend- regardless of that little prob!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty Starving mode?

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 11:26 pm

My daughter asked me today if I was concerned about my body going into Starvation Mode. Meaning, my body won;t use the fat because it thinks it won't be getting anything so it saves everything....what do you think?

This another one of the myths?
Like, eat 6 times a day so you keep your metabolism going? etc.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sun May 11, 2014 1:33 am

Thats what I thought too- but I don't know! It's hard to say. His premise makes sense and so does the other one. I hope it really does work like Dr Lewis says and it's burning when we are empty! Both sides make sense tho. Hmmm

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty Enjoyed my supper-but I will probably pay.

Post  ControlIt Sun May 11, 2014 1:45 am

In my mind, I'm thinking, I need to give myself one day to eat what I want. So, 10 bites of meatloaf and 10 bites of corn.
then I sat down to read Dr. Lewis book again, I opened to the page where he is talking about... I would much rather you eat a Snickers bar and a multivitamin than eat 50 snack sized carrots. Greater nutrients in a snickers bar and multivitamin. Also, if you succeed in consuming 50 snack sized carrots, you will stretch out the walls of your stomach and coax your appetite into seeking larger volumes at every meal..
Darn it. I hope I'm not miserable tomorrow because I am hungry all day...Well, I will see and learn. Mad 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty I found Dr Lewis on Twitter....here is some of the conversations.

Post  ControlIt Sun May 11, 2014 2:27 am

Found dr Lewis on twitter.

Post ControlIt Today at 9:09 pm
I just found Dr. Lewis on twitter. Interesting.
This is a question someone asked
One true God ‏@GodOnetruegod May 9

@FiveBiteDiet I lost 5 lbs the 1st week 0 the second? 1 evening I went over 5 bites none other, can drinking diet soda stop me from losing?
Expand

@GodOnetruegod That's a lot of diet soda, but yes it's possible. Even though it is "zero calories," it contains carbon that becomes fat.
Also: Alwin Lewis, MD ‏@FiveBiteDiet May 1

“@918KITTY: @FiveBiteDiet any restrictions on what I can drink”. Please keep carbon out of what you drink. Coffee is the main exception.
He said later: Carbon becomes fat....

Another tweet said: Alwin Lewis, MD ‏@FiveBiteDiet May 4

“ What does carbon mean?” Carbon is the basic element that fuels all life. We eat for it, but our fat is pure carbon. Live of it!

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sun May 11, 2014 2:02 pm

Well all that makes sense to me. I don't understand what is happening to me- but I am one pound up from yesterday. That makes 6 days with no weight loss. I am so freaking out. I have followed every single thing to thee absolute letter - have not ever gone over 5 bites. It is very discouraging. I am chewing a lot of sugarless gum. Like yesterday I probabaly had 10 or 12 pieces. So I am not gonna have any the next few days. Let's just see if that matters. It's so weird. I have read online that sugarless gum actually makes some people lose weight faster because of whatever bad chemicals are in them- (not the reason I am chewing it) it just helps me with the not wanting to eat part. But one gal said she thinks it makes her retain weight - so I am cutting it out to see. Has anyone else had such a long plateau in their second week!? I won't stop. I am just discouraged.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty tammyjm10

Post  ControlIt Sun May 11, 2014 10:37 pm

Tammyjm10
Don't get discouraged. Maybe you need to have one day of snacking and or breakfast to fool your metabolism. Or have you tried one day of exercise...just 1 day maybe? My weakness is pop. I know that when I was drinking it I lost weight alot slower. Stay with it...it may take a hug drop down all at once.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty weight loss?

Post  ControlIt Sun May 11, 2014 10:47 pm

Tammyjm10
how much weight have you loss?

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sun May 11, 2014 11:49 pm

I have lost 16. It was 17 yesterday and I have no idea how I gained a pound!!! Insane. I don't drink anything but water - and I follow the 5 bite plan to a T. So yes it is a bit discouraging especially when it went like gang busters at first. But that could be it I guess. I don't know. Since last Tuesday I haven't lost anything. And today is Sunday! But maybe switching it up would work- I'm afraid to stop the exact plan tho! I'm thinking of giving it till wed and seeing what happens. And no more gum. Even tho it's sugarless- I've been chewing a lot and maybe it's affecting me. But I appreciate all your input!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty tammyjm10

Post  ControlIt Mon May 12, 2014 12:49 am

Wow! 17 pounds. that is incredible. Not me, only 8 pounds but I wasn't doing the program strictly every day. You can do it! Have patience and give yourself time.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Mon May 12, 2014 1:18 am

hang in there Tammy!  u got this.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Mon May 12, 2014 2:01 am

Thanks you guys. And I must say- I really DO "got this" - it is now so easy- I'm not hungry - an it's honestly not a struggle. But that's why it's so disappointing- because when I am "perfect" I really feel like weight loss should be my reward! Hahaha - well onward and upward kids. We CAN do this. I have probed that to myself. I AM doing this. So thanks again for your support. It helps more than you know!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty RE: Starvation Mode.

Post  ControlIt Mon May 12, 2014 2:45 pm

I think we have all been told alot of things that keep us from loosing weight. Example: Your metabolism will slow down, Your body will go into starvation mode and then it will store everything once you get down to your weight. (yeah right! only if we don't eat at all, that is starvation)  Rolling Eyes 

I asked Dr Lewis:
, I purchased your book. It's great!!! My daughter thinks I will put my body in starvation mode. Is this true? - 11 May

Dr Alwin Lewis, MD @FiveBiteDiet said

No. Impossible. If you do my diet you will absolutely--no questions asked--get to your goal. THEN you are done--for life!

He as so quick at answering my questions and I'm not a member, so I am going to join his program. I paid $49.95 to Weight Watchers each month and most of the time when I called to ask questions, noone knew my answers. Example: why does the simple plan where you can eat anything on that plan and loose weight, why does it add up points when I enter it into my food log?: i was put on hold what seemed like forever! they came back with some excuse that if you eat the foods on that list and combine more than one...then you need to figure it as points. ....then why are they on the list?  Rolling Eyes 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Mon May 12, 2014 3:27 pm

Haha right? I do think this is a great plan for "food addicts " like myself. It forces you to separate from the food and not obsess on it 24/7. For me honestly- it's been the best thing I've ever done. I am remarkably not hungry anymore- and that right there is a miracle.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty the slimming station $50 per year not per month

Post  ControlIt Tue May 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Dr Lewis has the Slimming Station for $50 per year offered in addition to $50 per month according to the webiste.
The two options on the sign up page are $50 per year and $2000 for one on one for 3 months.
But if you look, there is an option for $50 per year.
He is very encouraging!
I can't wait to get more advice from him!
You should join if you can afford it!  Smile 

He said to me:
Hello Controlit!

I'm so thrilled to have you part of this program. Let's do something EXTRAORDINARY!

Your goal of 150 is OK, but I am definitely going to lower your target weight down the road. After all, if you are going to do something THIS dramatic and THIS extraordinary, don't you want to end up looking, feeling, and BEING (from a health standpoint) truly extraordinary? 150 is better than 200, but you won't feel all of the benefits of weight loss at that number. But we'll talk about that later.

4 pounds per week, again, is OK, but also far from what you are capable of. Do you REALLY want this?? Then please ... don't hold back. Go all the way. Read my book again (you do have it, right), never fudge!, and let's blast our way to the finish line.

You don't need to let everyone else on your little secret yet. Time will come for that. For now, it just you and me.

Will you please answer a few questions for me?
1. Have you read my book?
2. Do you know anyone else whose done it?
3. Where do you live?

I'm really looking forward to working with you. I’m super excited!!

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Tue May 13, 2014 3:23 pm

Wow thats neat that you get to have real interaction with him! I have heard though that he doeant believe people when you say you have been following his program TO THE LETTER like i have- and this week only lost one pound. I would be scared to talk to him because i dont want him to say im lying about being true on this plan. Another lady said he called her a liar because she wasnt losing weight as fast as she should be and he said she must be cheating! I for one have not taken even one extra bite of food for the entire time i have been on this- and thats why i have been so diacouraged this past week. I am doing everything exactly right and its been impossible for the scale to move. I am not giving up- i will keep going- but i dont think he would believe me if i said i was doing this to the letter and not losing a pound a day! Now- over the course of the 18 days i have lost 18 pounds- so the average is right- but i lost that the first 12 or 13 days. So not sure if i should do something different or keep on like i am. I am too far in to switch plans - i just need to see more progress. But when i look at the average- i guess its ok.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty yep..that is o.k.

Post  ControlIt Tue May 13, 2014 3:39 pm

The only thing I can think of would be whatever you are drinking. But I think you said you were drinking water.
So, I guess all you could do is ask him.
I found him on Twitter....#fivebitediet
Maybe you can tweet him and ask.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    - Page 2 Empty tammjm10

Post  ControlIt Tue May 13, 2014 4:01 pm

This is posted in the forum on Dr Lewis site.  He responds to it in the middle.  

The most invaluable tool here is the forum and dr Lewis in the video chat on Monday. A whole hour with a fabulous doctor for $50 a month is invaluable ! We all pay that for a copay for a dr visit!!!! That is less than $14 a week for live chat with dr Lewis every week. Perfect! Will be at chat next Monday. Had to work late tonight! Xxx
Re: Might need to change something on the site... 2 hours, 40 minutes ago #6965

bleuwater

Good point sharonmarie.

I haven't experienced the chat yet, so I will look forward to that next week.
Re: Might need to change something on the site... 51 minutes ago #6973

madeleine
   5' 5'', 53yrs

drlewis wrote:
...I have found that those people who have shorter subscription times get much more accomplished in that time. My goal is to help all of you get to your goals as quickly as possible...

Al

Thank you Dr. Lewis. This site is invaluable.
Re: Might need to change something on the site... 50 minutes ago #6974

madeleine
   5' 5'', 53yrs

sharonmarie wrote:
The most invaluable tool here is the forum and dr Lewis in the video chat on Monday. A whole hour with a fabulous doctor for $50 a month is invaluable ! We all pay that for a copay for a dr visit!!!! That is less than $14 a week for live chat with dr Lewis every week. Perfect! Will be at chat next Monday. Had to work late tonight! Xxx

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next