5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

exercise? yes or no

+3
Daani
tlc
slimjen
7 posters

Go down

exercise? yes or no Empty exercise? yes or no

Post  slimjen Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:33 am

Exclamation Im on day 6 and today I was super hungry:(
I'm trying to add back in exercise but in all honesty I found it hard to keep up. Normally I jog 2 miles but I managed to walk and that's it:/
Today I did snickers, 30 min treadmill, cb and few fries.
I hope tomorrow my hunger will stabilize:/
Crying or Very sad
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

exercise? yes or no Empty Re: exercise? yes or no

Post  tlc Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:13 am

Hi slimjen! I workout 5-6 days a week, it hasn't seemed to affect my hunger..for me the scale is moving very slow and I'm eating so little food and that's frustrating!

tlc

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Wed Nov 19, 2014 3:18 am

For the amount were eating you would think exercise would speed things up?
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:04 am

Hmm, I don't want to upset anyone. So I try to say this will all respect. Working out retains water in your muscles so that slows the scale.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  slimjen Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:14 am

Yes I have heard that:)
And I'm beginning to second guess myself on doing a harder workout. I'll eventually figure this all out tongue
slimjen
slimjen

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:05 pm

This is going to be hard for me, I teach group fitness and so as part of my job, I am required to work out. I had my first five bites this am and taught a HITT class for 30 minuets. My next five bites seem so far away.

Anyone have any tips for working out while on the 5BD?????

thanks so much
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:10 pm

Hi Cherry, I work out 7 days a week (cardio and bodyweight exercises only, no lifting) and have been doing so for quite some time. I think people who aren't used to working out will definitely feel increased hunger because their bodies are not used to such an increased calorie burn, but if you're used to working out regularly I find it actually decreases the appetite. Don't let is psych you out Smile I don't know what your work schedule is like, but what works for me is to work out in the morning before I eat anything and just drink a lot of water. Try to stick to an eating schedule, that helps too. How many classes do you teach each day? I've been considering becoming a personal trainer for years.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:20 pm

I teach Barre and LesMills GRIT which is HITT training. Right now I teach 2-3 times a week. I tend to teach very early in the am. I teach at a all female studio, which is great so I don't feel self conscious. I am pretty fit arms, legs but my tummy is a mess. I have tried everything but always fail pretty quickly. Hoping this I can stick with since it's so simple. Laughing
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  Determined to do it Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:43 pm

I have found that you must really rehydrate after. I was getting hunger and thirst confused after a workout. I'm a runner I run usually 2 to 3 miles when I run and am now running for a 10K. I'm not focussing on lifting so I really can't go there( sorry)

Determined to do it

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:56 pm

Yes, you are SO right about hydration! I definitely notice a difference in my appetite on the days when I drink less than 80oz of water.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:20 pm

took off turkey day jumped back in. how is everyone else doing???
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:56 am

Still holding strong! I've been a bit hungry lately but I am sure it's because I'm pulling all nighters so my sleep schedule is way off. I stayed on track for Thanksgiving but I'm a little nervous about December. I am planning on having alcohol 2 days out of the month and I'm scared I might lose control and go on a drinking bender or eating binge Neutral If anyone has had alcohol while on this diet, can you tell me how it affected you?
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:33 pm

I am a bit of a drinker and so I am worried about that as well. I stick to vodka club soda for as little calories as possible and zero carbs.
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:15 pm

Oooh, I am glad I am not the only one on here who enjoys an adult beverage; maybe we can figure this out together Smile I haven't seen any official guidelines about drinking on the 5bd other than to cut out alcohol altogether, but I know that's not sustainable for me. Someone on here said she would have a beer a couple of times a month and she's had awesome results so I will try to limit myself to 2x/month but I will drink whiskey instead. I'm tracking my intake on MyFitnessPal and I'm getting 60-75g carbs/day which can be considered low carb, so maybe since whiskey has no carbs it won't throw my weight off? Half a pint has 434 calories which is as much as I eat in a day but my intake will still be less than 1,000 calories so I know I'm not going to gain. Mostly I'm worried about wanting to raid the fridge after I drink, or going out and buying a couple of 40z once the whiskey is gone (because that's what I usually do).
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  tipsycherry Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Oh no, Im a drinker. lol I have two small boys so without it I would go crazy. Wine and Beer has 100 plus calories but vodka only 60. But you are right staying away from the fridge after having a drink or two is the challenge. How can we stop!!!! lol
tipsycherry
tipsycherry

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:19 am

Oh, the calories in beer are just ungodly! Razz I typically drank 40s and would go through 1-2 a day most days of the week at 740 calories a pop. No wonder I put on so much weight!

I think what I'm going to try to do is drink my whiskey on an empty stomach which will help me get a better buzz for less calories, and then I'll eat all 10 bites at once afterward when I'm feeling the drunk munchies.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I hope this works for you. bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:11 pm

Thank you! It didn't, but I'll post all about it on my journal for whoever wants to read Razz
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down