5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

alexswins will wear skinny jeans!

5 posters

Go down

alexswins will wear skinny jeans! Empty alexswins will wear skinny jeans!

Post  alexswins Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:17 pm

D2

So DAY 2 has come and almost gone and I'll admit it...
I'm HUNGRY...HUNGRY....HUNGRY.
My belly is missing the usual food shoveling sessions which were occurring at least 6 times a day.
I thought about Mars bars, Boston Creams, Big Macs and fruity cocktails today. The first 3 are all to be expected but the fruity cocktail was totally random....... Anyone else have bolt from the blue cravings?? Fruity cocktails aren't even my thing....

Anyway, my food intake tasted a lot like this:
Breakfast..0 bites (I miss you more than you can imagine)
Lunch....5 bites of a cheese/ham/salad/sandwich
Dinner....5 bites Chowder.
Coffee...2sug/1milk
Tea.......1s/1m
I declare Day 2 a success.
I'm ready to tackle day 3, I remember from last time that day 3 was hard. I may wear my muffin squishing, cant bend over skinny jeans tomorrow as a reminder.

Start Weight 165lbs
Today 163.2lbs

See you tomorrow!

alexswins

Back to top Go down

alexswins will wear skinny jeans! Empty Re: alexswins will wear skinny jeans!

Post  Jenny P. Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:45 am

Way to go on day two Smile I get horrible cravings, try just five bites of what you really want, it might help.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:28 am

great job!!!! yeah almost thru, ull see tomorrow ull already feel like ur stomach is smaller and ull feel a little light bounce in ur step.

so proud of u, this diet is not a joke, but it works, hang in there.
im right there with u, granted with a little chink in my plans for today (see blog) but otherwise, tomorrow is a new day.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  alexswins Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:26 am

Choo...Choo....I hear the distant rumble of the binge train, Express to binge town.........

I decided NOT to ride that train today!!! It took the best part of me, I'll tell you!

The day was ticking along nicely.
Breakfat 0 bites
Lunch 5 bites of my beloved Boston Cream
Dinner "Hey" my friend says. "Bring the kids over for a ROAST tonight" .....SEE BELOW.....

Now, my friend isn't aware of my 5bd this time around as the last time I was on it there was mighty disapproval. She knew my husband was out tonight and was being a great friend in asking the kids and I over. Her husband makes a FABULOUS roast. I was feeling all kinds of nervous about messing up, trying to hide the fact I was only nibbling on five bites wouldn't be easy.
Anyway, I managed to get away with 1 roast potato, half a yorkshire and a small slice of beef. I piled on the peas to bulk it out a bit. I was so busy sorting my children out who were causing a big distraction that I actually finished my meal around the same time they did! When offered seconds I pointed to my 'filler' peas and exclaimed "I couldn't even get through all my peas"!
I did have half a glass of red because I deserve it and feel no guilt.

So today, I am proud that I didn't fall victim to the Day 3 curse. Dinner was probably 7 bites and thats okay by me. I feel like I passed a test today, I had the perfect excuse to throw my hands up and chow down and didn't.

I have come to an important decision this time around. I will not scrimp on my 5 bites, I will bite whatever I'm craving. If I'm craving an avocado/egg/mayo sandwich with a high fat content I will bite it, 5 whole times! If it's a Mars I'll eat it, 1 delicious bite at a time. I got obsessed last time with taking ONLY low fat, low cal bites which gave me a big case of the sads. This diet is hard but appealing in the fact you can really enjoy your bites. Toward the end of my diet last time my calorie intake was pathetic and I felt trapped in this low calorie funk, too scared to take higher calorie bites as I knew I would gain lbs. This time I intend to feed my machine to keep it burning!

I hope you all had a tasty day.

.........Lawdy, that roast potato was some yummy!

alexswins

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:38 am

SO PROUD! u totally stared the beast in the face and gave it no mercy. its really hard when ur surrounded by an easily horrible situation and then let it win and leave u super guilty about ur meal. you did so so well! It's only day 3, there is much of the battle to go and u def have proved discipline is there to help u keep it strong.

i totally agree with u about the eating watever u feel like u need to. When i was on this diet the first time i did the same thing- stayed low cal and low fat, but over time u would get little attacks of needing to eat something delicious for a change and that led to an outrageous binge and stomach pain and misery! If you feel like indulging in some chocolate by all means consider that ur first 5 bites of the day, take it slow, and ENJOY it guilt free.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:40 am

THATS AMAIZING! I'm also Proud of You!!! u have really taken a big positive step!

I am going to use your approach because initially i thought you had to have low calories as well... but really Dr. L said that you could have 5 bites of ANYTHING... and really think about it your calorie intake is more than likely never going to go over say 700-800 cals as a MAX... 2 snickers bars are like 600cals...
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:35 pm

You did so great! Eating with others is so hard! I did notice that having my kids around were such a perfect distraction to my freinds when we went out, too. Who can notice whats on your plate when you're serving everyone else, lol. I also find eating whatever you are craving helps, too. I noticed that when I tried to keep the 5 bites "healthy" are the days when I gave up. Its only for a short while, give in to the cravings.......for 5 bites!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  alexswins Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:59 am

Thank you all so much for your supportive words. It's great that we have all gone through the same experiences with this diet. There are countless support forums for Atkins, WW and other popular diets whereas this particular diet seems to attract more negative comments than supportive ones. The lack of message boards for 5BD makes this one all the more important.
There aren't many people I know who would jump on the 5 bite bandwagon which is understandable, this diet is a little extreme after all...............So, like I said before THANK YOU!!

DAY 4

Breakfast: 0 bites
Lunch: 5 bites of a tuna salad sandwich.
Dinner 5 bites of lasagna.
Tea 2, 1sug/1milk

So, it was another great day. I'm feeling that diet feeling! You know the feeling, I think Tea called it a 'spring in your step'. A light feeling, an empty but not horribly hungry feeling. Anyway, I'm feeling it!!
My head isn't light at all which I attribute to the fact that my 5 bites are higher calorie/ higher fat ones. I'm also not thinking about food all day which I found myself doing last time around, I remember counting down the hours, minutes and seconds until I could eat my bites. It was almost a bit obsessive. So, I'm going to keep on truckin' with my hearty bites in the hope it will prevent any self sabotage in the form of a binge.
I think I'm due a chocolate reward tomorrow, my lunch will be a Mars bar. I find them hugely satisfying especially when washed down with a diet coke. I have the sweet tooth of a child, it's that which got me into this weight gaining pickle. I didn't get up to 165lbs on gourmet food, I got there on Chocolate bars, doughnuts and Big Macs....crap basically....
Anyway, the next weigh in will be on Day 7. I couldn't help it after Day 1 because that's how I am but have decided it would be better for my diet effort if I didn't hop on every morning. Seeing the numbers go down every day can make me careless and lead to a ride on the chooooo!....chooooo!

To all those who are currently biting the big 5, I hope your day has been a success!
Until tomorrow...........

alexswins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:21 am

MMMMM...I'm having five bites of a big Mac tomorrow for lunch, yum. I'm right there with you, chocolate and cheeseburgers are the bomb!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  alexswins Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:56 pm

DAY 5

First and most importantly....How was the Big Mac, Jenny.P? Did you manage to stop at 5 bites or did the naughties take a hold of you? I hope you enjoyed it, that sauce is yummo.

Now, down to business

Breakfast: 0 bites
Lunch: MARS BAR!
Dinner: MARS BAR!
Snacks: 2x tea, 1 vita top (I needed the fiber today). 6x Halloween Jelly Jubes

2 Mars Bars! They were on special at the store, naturally I bought 6. Anyway, after eating the first I realized that is was only 240 calories (the nutritional info on the wrapper told me so). Anyway, they seemed so small and were gone in 3 bites, not big old wide mouth frog bites either. I had already decided that I was going to eat another for dinner, it was that kind of day but I knew that for me 480 calories wasn't going to cut it. Now two Mars bars is pretty crappy as far a nutritional values go so, instead of reaching for an apple, peach, bowl of strawberries I upped my caloric intake with JUBES! Yay for jubes, the slimiest jellies of them all! 3 Jubes with each Mars Bar. 5 bites in total!
I also decided with today being Day 5 and no 'movement' it was time for a Vita Top. (7g of fiber, 100 calories, 1.5g fat) The tastiest way to get a boost of fiber.
I'm proud to report that 4 Mars Bars remain, untouched in the treat cupboard. Thank goodness it's almost bedtime because the temptation is KILLING me. Time to brush my teeth......

alexswins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:12 am

Good job! I did stop at five bites, it was delicous. Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down