5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

+9
Slimw5bd
bridesmaidslimdown
Everblue
insanity
renu712000
twilight*17
16Again
Dmac
Readyforchange
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Everblue Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:05 pm

I'm so glad to hear the skin brushing is helping you - Im going to dig mine out of the cabinet and add it to my routine! Thanks.
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Dmac Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:43 pm

I think sobe life water o calorie has high vitamin c. Might help tun of flavors they are really good to. What is skin bursting I could really use some help with that I'm looking like one of those flying squirrels
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 pm

Dmac,

Skin brushing is a process where you use a stiff bristled brush and brush your skin. You start at your feet and use circular patterns as you work your way up. It is supposed to help with improving circulation, releasing water and toxin build up, and make the skin tighten up. There are many sites on the internet that tell you exactly what to do. I have found that if I do it just before my nightly shower, It fits right into my schedule. I have really seen so much improvement in my skin tightness, smoothness, and tone. You can get the brushes on Amazon. I have also been using MSM cream which is supposed to be really good for your skin and drinking pure MSM powder in a glass of water every morning. That is supposed to help your skin from the inside out.

I hope that this helps!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Wow

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:47 pm

It seems like you have been doing an amazing job! I keep meaning to get a gym membership but money has been VERY tight lately lol. Your progress is such an inspiration though!
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 pm

Thanks Bridesmaid,

If you can't afford to go to a gym, just workout at home. That's what I do. I have become the queen of exercise tapes and DVDs! I just try and alternate between just cardio and cardio with weights. Usually they include an interval component where you raise your heartrate for a few minutes and then bring it back down over and over again. Intervals are supposed to help with weight loss.

Back in my thinner days, I used to go to the gym with my husband. I got a good workout, but never felt comfortable. When I am at home, I can get a good workout when ever I have time. With two small children, time is not always available during a regular gym schedule. I also mix up the dvds that I do so that I don't become bored. I know that if I continue to exercise, not only will it help me with my 5 bite diet to lose inches, but it will help to firm me up. I told myself that I did not want to be a "flabby" skinny person. I want to be slender and toned! Tomorrow I get to find out how things are going. My fingers are crossed!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Skin brushing

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Thanks for the advice about the dvds. I own a few but for me I always loved going to the gym (when it was free lol) and using the weight lifting machines. Most of my dvd's are cardio based which I know are good for you but getting me to do cardio is like pulling teeth lol. Since I have asthma it just seems so much harder and more painful than circuit training with weights. The skin brushing thing seems really cool! I was really worried about sagging skin and I've been putting on lotion every night and morning. Funny thing happened the other day. My friends were talking about how one of their sisters just had a child and how she had been very vigilant about using lotion everyday till the last week and in that last week got major stretch marks. They then went on to say how disgusting stretch-marks are and what they would do to prevent them whenever they got pregnant. I didn't know what to say. I have had stretch-marks on my arms, stomach, and back since I was in the 6th grade. They made me feel soooooo self conscious about them!
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Bridesmaid,

I am so sorry that they made you feel bad. Stretch marks are something that many of us have to deal with. I know that there are remedies out there to make them a little better and less noticable. When things like that happen, you just have to look inside yourself and remember that you are a great person full of determination, passion, and hope. You are in the drivers seat of your life. ( I often have to do this when people say things to me.) You are in the process of making changes in yourself for the better. Don't lose sight of that.

Also remember: you don't get stretch marks from losing weight! Think of the few that you have as being the last ones that you will ever get. You are on the 5 bite diet now! You are thinking thin. You will reach your goals.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty New Stats and Progress

Post  Readyforchange Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Well today is the day that I see where I am with this diet. Here are my new stats: My Ultimae goal is to reach a trim and toned 120 pounds.

Starting Weight : 189 lbs. Current Weight: 167 lbs. (That is a 22 lbs loss.)

Hips: Starting Inches: 44 1/2 Current Inches: 42 1/2 (That is a 2 in. loss.)

Waist: Starting inches: 38 Current Inches: 34 1/2 (That is a 1 1/2 in. loss.)

Chest: Starting Inches: 41 Current Inches: 38 (That is a 3 in. loss.)

Rt. Thigh: Starting Inches: 27 1/2 Current Inches: 26 (That is a 1 1/2 in. loss.)

Lt. Thigh: Starting Inches: 28 1/2 Current Inches: 26 1/2 (That is a 2 in. loss.)

My Thoughts:
Overall I think that my diet is going well. I am very happy with the change in my measurements! Things had really been fitting better (and not fitting). I can honestly say that I am getting more toned and my muscles are really starting to show up better. As far as my weight loss, I am happy with that as well. For this diet, 22 pounds in one month may not be a lot, but for me, this is the most weight that I have ever lost at one time in my life! Even when I went on Nutrisystem, I only lost 13 pounds and that was after several months. (The food also made me sick). I am very proud of myself. Even with a few learning days thrown into the month and just getting off of that "time" of the month, I still lost weight! This is a great diet. I know that the exercise is adding muscle to my frame. This in turn is not showing up as weight lost, but it is showing up as inches lost. I think that that is a good trade off. I want to be a toned slender person. Not a jiggly slender person.

Changes/ What Remains the Same:

I am going to keep pushing forward with the diet. So far, it has been the only thing to truly work for me. It has given me the tools I need to get slender and stay slender. I may also stick to just eating a snickers or a protein bar for lunch until I meet my goal. I think that when I eat other things for lunch, I run the risk of taking bites that are too large. I am currently using a medium sized spoon for my meals (slightly larger than a teaspoon). I will now switch to a tea spoon. I think that will help me tweak my portion sizes. I will continue to exercise 6 days a week for at least 30 minutes. It has really helped to firm me up. I will also continue my program of skin brushing and MSM. I do believe that they will help my skin to tighten up as I lose the weight. I will also continue to drink my tea and water. As far as the 30 pound challenge goes, I am still on board! Five pounds of the weight lost from the 22 goes towards the 30 pound challenge. I am now a few steps closer to that goal. 25 more to go!

I have to say, this process has changed me so far. I am much more aware of what I eat and how I treat myself. I think that I am starting to accept myself more and take better care of "me". Lately I had been taking care of everyone else in my family first and then never seeming to have the energy for me. Over the last month, that has changed. I now have energy to do both. I think that I have changed for the better.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I know I can do this! No excuses! Only 47 pounds to go!!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:17 pm

Congratulations on all those numbers are awesome you are doing so good Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:38 pm

You are doing great!!! flower Keep it up!!!!
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Great job

Post  Slimw5bd Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 pm

So happy for u Readyforchange. Awesome stats. Those are major changes. Keep on 120 very soon Smile
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Thanks Dmac, Twilight, and Slimw5bd!

It makes me feel wonderful to share my joy with someone! I am now even more determined to meet my goals!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Amazing

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:56 pm

I think that you are doing amazing! Keep up the good work. You are an inspiration to all of us : )
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:58 pm

Thanks Bridesmaid!

Let's all keep moving forward and supporting each other. That is what helps keep us going!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:32 am

Today I woke up feeling sad. I am not sure why. I can usually find a positive spin on things, but today I just couldn't . I wish I knew what was causing it.

Well, anyway, pretty good day today. Stuck to my 5 bites for lunch and had tea for breakfast. For dinner I ate 4 bites of my sweet basil and coconut chicken with rice and then had one of the brownies that I made for my family for Valentines. The brownie was more like 2 bites if I am being honest. So for dinner I had 6 bites.

Did my kettlebell workout for about 30 minutes. Will do my skin brushing tonight.

My brother's wedding is on Saturday. I must buy a dress tomorrow. Maybe that is why I feel sad. : Sad

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:48 am

Sorry your feeling sad I feel the same way today tomorrow will be better and way to go sticking to the diet while feeling crappy that will pay off
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:24 am

Thanks for your kind words Dmac. Sorry that I took so long to respond. Things have been crazy for me lately.

Well, I made it through the wedding. It was beautiful! My brother was so happy. I am very glad that he finally found someone to love.

I did pretty well with the diet the first few days down there. I kept to the diet on the drive down and even during the wedding! It was the party my mother threw after the wedding that gave me some problems. She of course made every one of my favorite foods. Boy was it hard! I managed to keep my craziness down to between 10-20 bites. To say that I was feeling sick is an understatement. Eating that much is insane!

Some of my family noticed that I had lost weight. They asked what I was doing, and I told them that I was doing an extreme form of portion control. All my Dad could say was that I was finally starting to look like I was supposed to. I guess I should feel happy about it, but I really don't. My sister has not been able to stick with the diet yet. I told her to hang in there and keep trying. It gets better.

Once I made it back home, I got back on the wagon. With the wedding craziness, I gained about 2 pounds. I have since lost those. The five bite diet really works if you work it. My kids Valentine's candy has tripped me up a couple of times though. Sad

The one bad thing, besides falling off the wagon, was that I actually fell down the stairs in my house. I mean, I actually fell all the way from the top of the stairs to the bottom! I was in so much pain, it was unreal! Luckily I didn't break anything, but I am very bruised and achy. This is the first day, since I fell on Monday, that I have not had as much pain. Yay! cheers

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:19 am

2 lbs not bad at all doing the wedding and seeing family and all of that I hope your feeling better now frum the fall my mother in law did the same thing and broke her arm at our house I'm glad your just sour and way to go hoping right back on when u got back. Frum the wedding
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:44 am

Thanks for the concern Dmac. I am feeling much better now. I am also very glad that I did not break my arm! Wow. I feel for your Mother-in-law.

Things went well today. Stuck to the five bite diet. I also exercised. I did my 3 mile walk today. My pace is about 12-15 minutes per mile. It took me around 45 minutes including warm up and cool down. I have also been doing some kettlebell workouts. Those are instense! It works you out aerobically and with weights. I use about a 10 pound kettlebell.

I have been having some trouble staying motivated. I keep looking towards summer and hoping to have some great changes. I know that if I stick with it, I will reach my goals.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this. NO excuses!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Hi Ready,

I, for one, know what you mean about motivation. It should be so easy shouldn't it? I mean I didn't die doing it two days in a row and I can do it another and another... Even to the point of having a "goal date" for all the Thinness I ever wanted.

In the book, the Doc explains how there are two different types attracted to this Diet (or any "diet" I imagine)... Those who Want To Lose Weight OR Those Who Want To Be Thin!!

If losing weight's ALL we wanted we could do that FOREVER. Just Gain Some Back so we could lose it again!

But with just as simple a mental goal as the one above we could Aim to Be Thin for the rest of our lives!! With This Goal, there's actually a Finish-Line to cross (and it's Personal to each individual separately)... And,... we actually have the DIET which promises to get us there the fastest, and which we can control.

All we Need is a VISION!!! Ourselves at Perfect Weight, Looking Tight and Great in Fitting Clothes, and as the Awesome Inspiration to All whom we meet!!!

I pray this Vision for you and all of us!!

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:43 pm

Well said mark I have read that book so many times and I've never taken that part that way. I always took it as the ability to get to your gole not get there and stay there that is a better way to look at it I think that's going to help me its funny we can each read it and take away different things away frum it
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:37 am

You guys are the best! I really needed to hear those words. I have struggled today and came here for some help. Reading your kind and inspiring words has really given me the much needed motivation I was seeking. Thank you.

Tomorrow will be a better day. RESET and RENEW. I am picturing myself thin and healthy for the rest of my life. It is a fabulous image!

I have set myself the intention of getting to my goal weight by my birthday in May. I know that I will succeed. I wonder if I should go for the 115 pounds like Dr. Lewis suggests? It's just a five pound difference from my goal. My sister says that I should not go by weight because I am putting on a lot of muscle. She says that I will never get down to that weight because of how heavy muscle is. I don't know. We'll just have to wait and see.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! NO excuses.

Last edited by Readyforchange on Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Better Day

Post  Readyforchange Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:51 am

Today was a much better day. I am not sure what is wrong with me, but my motivation has been up and down. Today helped me to refocus and center my thoughts on my goals. I have been rereading the book and that is helping me to gain a new perspective on what I am doing. It has been a challenge. After doing so well for so long, to have trouble now is maddening! Since the wedding, I have been in a constant battle. I will win! There is no other option. I see myself as slender and toned. If I make it my intention, it shall come to pass.

I am still exercising. It has helped me to burn fat and focus. I really enjoy using kettlebells. They work you out! My clothes are fitting better. I am almost down another size. The next size down is still a little snug, but I am getting there! It's all about the inches baby! That alone should help me stay motivated even if the scale is not moving as much.

I am glad to see that we have more recruits for the diet. I know that it works. I am happy that others have found the key to being skinny just like I did. I wish them all of the luck in the world.

Tomorrow will be even better!

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! NO EXCUSES!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Mar 04, 2011 4:43 am

Good job getting back on u should try just reading the book for 10 minutes everyday I saw that on twitter I've Ben trying to do that and it seems to help more is better its wird that it helps but it does u got this Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:31 pm

Thanks Dmac!

I am feeling better already. Things are looking up. I will try reading a little each day.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next