5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everblue's daily journal

+5
16Again
renu712000
Readyforchange
twilight*17
Everblue
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty Everblue's daily journal

Post  Everblue Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:31 pm

Ok. So. Dinner is over and I'm looking ahead to a loooong evening of hunger. Wink I had a mix of egg, spinach, cannellini beans and a shaving of cheddar - 6 bites (oops!) It was delicious. I'm still hungry, but since it's the first day and I expect the first three days to be not-so-fun I'm trying to tell myself this is only temporary.

One thing that is interesting is that it frees up thinking and time to do so many other things! In my previous life (lol, yesterday - before the 5BD) I spent sooo much time planning lunch, and then planning dinner, then after dinner much time was spent feeling bad about all I ate. Not to mention time cooking and getting breakfast ready - and I often was just feeling too lazy to make anything healthy so instead I'd eat tremendously UNhealthily. SO. NOW I have my whole evening in front of me and know there will be no eating so no point in wasting time. I think I'm going to go hop in the hot tub and then a shower and early to bed.

Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty Re: Everblue's daily journal

Post  Everblue Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:43 pm

Day 2. Food same as Day 1, except I had a can of diet coke instead of coffee in the morning. Today I've been pretty hungry - just trying to think of other things. I got a magazine to flip through tonight, and I think I'll get in the hot tub again, and of course - early to bed! I'm interested to see how tomorrow goes - At work it's easier to get my mind off food by keeping busy, I think it'll be harder at home.
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:01 pm

Everblue: I have noticed too that if I am busy and not just sitting around @ home that this is much easier! Stay strong!
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:54 pm

Hang in there Everblue!

It will get easier. Keeping busy does help!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty Stop..listen to yourself...

Post  renu712000 Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Everblue,

welcome here!

Stop..look at what you just wrote...You are already writing it and thinking as if you are dreading this diet..You are not hungry..that is your mind...IF you have fat, the body will use the fat.You have to let your body reprogram its stomach receptors to know you are already full.

You already write its not going to be...NO...Think of it as awesome beginning to a new life you have always wanted...Think "LEARNING DAYS"..these days will be learning days...for you to know what makes you hungry..what isssues or stress can cause you to eat...

As you have said..YOU have many things to do..THINK THAT! What can I do today!??

Think "I am going to do this..I am doing this..I can be thin and going to be thin!"

Be thin! Think Thin! Embrace this new you..new life...new way...Go Go Go!

Everblue wrote:Ok. So. Dinner is over and I'm looking ahead to a loooong evening of hunger. Wink I had a mix of egg, spinach, cannellini beans and a shaving of cheddar - 6 bites (oops!) It was delicious. I'm still hungry, but since it's the first day and I expect the first three days to be not-so-fun I'm trying to tell myself this is only temporary.

One thing that is interesting is that it frees up thinking and time to do so many other things! In my previous life (lol, yesterday - before the 5BD) I spent sooo much time planning lunch, and then planning dinner, then after dinner much time was spent feeling bad about all I ate. Not to mention time cooking and getting breakfast ready - and I often was just feeling too lazy to make anything healthy so instead I'd eat tremendously UNhealthily. SO. NOW I have my whole evening in front of me and know there will be no eating so no point in wasting time. I think I'm going to go hop in the hot tub and then a shower and early to bed.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Hi Everblue and Welcome!

I have found (as you seem to have) that "going to bed early" can make a big difference. Well, then I found that I can go to bed pretty much a half hour after my "dinner" and not get cravings... so I simply eat it Later.

One question I have about that wonderful-sounding meal you've prepared these two nights is...
"What Utensil are you eating it with?"

Like, a Fork will often not provide as big a bite as a spoon (and, not that a Huge mouthful is what the Doctor ordered, but) aBig Spoonful for Each of your 5 Bites will be Less Food than You were eating at one sitting a week ago. Over time you can reduce from big spoonfuls to forkfuls, and thus be more in line with the Doc's recommended bite size.

For me, personally, getting over the psychological hurdle of thinking that Only Five Bites can Satisfy was a big Step. I took Big Bites. I enjoyed the feeling in my mouth of a "mouthful" so I didn't reduce the size of my bites. I've adjusted to the Doc's ideas by limiting myself to 3 Full Bites per meal (whatever works, y'know) and I am satisfied!! Each Meal, I'm Satisfied. AND, I like when I BITE stuff- Not just put a utensilful of something in my mouth -- maybe that's a psychological trigger for me, too. Lot's of Chewing, and I refuse to choke it all down in "Under a Minute" but I'm Happy.

I really wish you the best experience you've ever had on a diet. I SWEAR it gets easy.

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:00 am

I appreciate everyone's words of encouragement. I will take the 'the hunger is in your mind, let your body work' idea and run, thanks! Smile Food is FUEL after all! Very Happy

The third day: about a half cup of black coffee - I'm not used to drinking it black (i am usually USED to be a venti mocha girl) so it's taking some getting used to. For lunch I had a protein bar. For dinner I had five small spoons of tuna and a hard boiled egg mixed together (I'm operating under the assumption that protein will keep me full longer, have you noticed? Smile ) - figuring that was about five bites - and eaten in several tiny bites. That might not be the best thing ever, but I needed it tonight. I'm sipping a cup of coffee now.

In non-food news (cause I'm learning that's not what life is all about!!) I did some shopping and a good bit of lounging. It wasn't as difficult being around the house as I expected, so that made me happy. And I went and got some supplements and protein bars and coffee for next week. I'm excited to complete my first full week.

Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty black coffee

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:38 am

I know what you mean about black coffee. It's not so much that I can't drink it but it's just not as satisfying. I work at a cafe and what I've been doing when i have a major white mocha craving I've been making a small sugar free white chocolate americano and then just adding a splash of half and half. Obviously it's not strictly 0 calorie but it's fairly low depending on how much half and half you put in because that's the only part that has any calories. Even when I'm drinking black coffee I still put a little creamer into it. I should prob just cut it out completely but for now it helps me keep to my five bites and not snacking in between meals.
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:03 pm

Day 4.
Black coffee for breakfast. Protein bar for lunch. And get this, I got up to fold some clothes after savoring my bar. and stopped mid fold to the feeling that my stomach was full! I did a little dance and kept on folding. Then I stopped myself to sit with myself and really feel the fullness and remember it - like i've said before, I'm really using this time while on the diet to learn what true hunger is and how little it takes to be truly satisfied at a meal.

I also started my full supplement regimen today. I had been taking a multi, but today I'm adding CoQ10 (I need to get on improving my heart's condition after years of not taking care of myself), B12, D3 and an omega blend. I don't think the limited amount of food I'm eating will not be ok with all the supplements, but I started taking them while at home (and not at work) just in case I start to feel woozy.

Something I've noticed too, since being on this diet, is the effect it's been having on my mood. I've been in a great mood this weekend - contrast this with my usual mildly depressed, moderate anxious state. Another sign I'm doing the right thing for my health.

Tonight I'm planning on five bites (I need to get a replacement battery for my kitchen scale - I'd like to compare non-bar foods weights against that of a snickers Smile ) of a tuna, hard-boiled egg, spinach mix. I'm going to do some skin brushing and a shower either tonight or in the morning - depending on whether I get in the hot tub tonight.

A good day! Hope everyone else is experiencing the same.

Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Everblue: I hear ya on how we don't need much food to fill our tummys... I used to eat a whole bagel for breakfast and felt fine...Now I eat 5 bites of it and I feel not even the slightest bit hungry. I thought I had to eat the whole thing to make it to lunch...WRONG! I was eating with my head I guess and not my stomach! So bad!! I love this diet! Wink
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty Very true

Post  Slimw5bd Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:01 pm

I totally agree with u ever blue and twilight17. It's all in the head. I have found too that we need quarter of what we used to eat before, that's filling. It's how we train our bodies
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 14, 2011 4:17 pm

Everblue,

I am so happy that you took a moment and savored that feeling of fullness. I did the same thing! I had never stopped to really feel it before. It puts so many things in perspective doesn't it? I am glad that you now have a full week under your belt. Your goals are in sight. Keep moving forward and stay strong.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:03 am

Dudes. This morning was a tough one. I almost passed out in the shower! I don't know what to 'blame' it on - I had done my skin brushing, I was feeling fine, then got in a maybe too hot shower (?) and had to sit down after a couple of minutes. It wasn't getting any better, so I hurried up and rinsed out my hair, and went to go lay down. Five minutes later, the feeling that me just falling out was no longer imminent, so I got up, ate a small spoonful of peanut butter and got ready for work slowly. I thought about calling in sick, but decided not to. I felt pretty awful until about ten or so, then decided I was ok enough to stay at work the rest of the day. I ate a protein bar for lunch. I decided I'm not going to stop what I'm doing, I think that all those supplements, with the hot shower and the low calories and other, um, girly reasons, all kind of came together in a really crappy way. So anyway, I ate my usual dinner tonight, but I also ate some crackers and peanut butter. I'm not proud of that, but I'm not going to beat myself up over it either. I successfully avoided going out to dinner tonight and truly messing up my progress, and from feeling light headed all day, I was good at lunch despite trying to give myself - but you probably need more food-you should have a bunch of pizza for lunch! -excuses. But even so, I do realize,I really need to be strict tomorrow.

So that's my day. Oh, and I stepped on the scale before I went to work. I guess thinking if I HAD to eat to feel better then I wanted to know how I'd done. I was down NINE pounds since Thursday! So I'm going to hope that despite my adventurous day today, that I'm on track to lose a total of 13-14 lbs my first week.
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Post  LC Cartz Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:32 am

twilight*17 wrote:Everblue: I hear ya on how we don't need much food to fill our tummys... I used to eat a whole bagel for breakfast and felt fine...Now I eat 5 bites of it and I feel not even the slightest bit hungry. I thought I had to eat the whole thing to make it to lunch...WRONG! I was eating with my head I guess and not my stomach! So bad!! I love this diet! Wink

So true. When I really paid attention this morning to my 10 bite breakfast this morning, I was plenty satisfied after 10 bites! Too bad the rest of the day didn't go that way, LOL. Oh well, onward and upward! You're doing great!

LC

LC Cartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:09 am

Today is day six and it has been amazing. I had black coffee this morning - and I really think that it makes a difference on my hunger for the day, so I'm going to keep doing coffee in the morning. Lunch time came and I was hungry, but not ravenous (well, usually I can't wait for my 1:00 lunch time and eat at 12 or so), and I ate a snickers bar. I was not nearly as hungry during the afternoon as I've been being (which led to me being able to successfully convince my husband we did not need to go to the Olive Garden tonight - if it were yesterday, I might not have been as successful), and instead of coming straight home to eat dinner I was able to comfortably put off eating while I ran errands. I even was able to do some things around the house, get on the computer for a bit and just enjoy my evening before feeling I needed to eat dinner! Amazing! And for dinner I had a protein bar. Now. Of all the times I have been getting hungry, after dinner is the most trouble I've had keeping away from food. I'm home, not at work, and I just want to keep chewing usually. But not today!! I ate my bar, then quickly got up to load the dishwasher - just to get myself over that hump. Now I'm here doing this, and not thinking about all the things I'd so like to eat. I'm hoping today is what it feels like getting over the initial hump and mine was just five days instead of three. Smile If so, this is super motivation for not giving in to overeating.

Here's hoping!

p.s. I checked my weight this morning after last night's mini-binge I did not gain! I was down a bit less than a pound, still for the day!
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:22 am

Everblue,

Your body's hungerstat is adjusting. Soon you will not even have to think about not eating. You just will. You are really hanging in there and doing a great job. Stay strong.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:04 am

Sounds like your doing great I always have one day like that one u had then its all good today seems to be that day for me sounds like your past it now Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:07 am

Day seven, still going strong. (I'lll post my #s tomorrow, since I started last Thursday.)

Coffee. Protein bar. 5 'bites' egg, fake chicken.

I've been playing w/ supplements to make sure I don't have another dizzy episode. Yesterday I felt a little woozy after taking the B12 - maybe that was it? I'm going to start introducing the others and see if I can work with them while on low-calories.

Hoping that I've lost more than the 9 lbs since I checked on Monday. Which is ridiculous, really, but still. . . Wondering if my 5 small spoonfuls of food substituting for bites is cheating. I'll probably let my first week weight loss tomorrow help me decide, i.e. if I am still at nine lbs I might try being strict w/ five bites, period. But I calculated the calories and I'm still under 550 cals for the day, so I can't imagine it'd be that big a deal. Plus it is really a small amount of food. I dont feel that my stomach is unnecessarily stretched - esp since yesterday's two-bar day was super successful.

I've been thinking about food - what's your focus when you choose what to eat? Convenience? Cravings? Health reasons? I try to focus on getting protein, thinking it will help me stay fuller longer. I feel like I should be eating more vegetables, but then I feel like if I eat five bites of salad I've wasted any opportunity to get full at my meal. I don't know if that's good or bad.
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty Focus

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:25 am

For my five bites I focus on cravings. You only have to get one bite of protein a day. My food is also limited to what I can get for free at work which considering that I work in a food court isn't all that limiting to be honest. It's been working very well for me. Since starting (which I'll admit I'm only on the 12th day) I have NEVER gone over my five bites at meals. The first two days were really rough and to be honest the only thing that got me through was knowing exactly what I wanted for my next meal and not worrying about anything other than making sure I stuck to the five bites.
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:57 am

bridesmaidslimdown wrote:Since starting (which I'll admit I'm only on the 12th day) I have NEVER gone over my five bites at meals. The first two days were really rough and to be honest the only thing that got me through was knowing exactly what I wanted for my next meal and not worrying about anything other than making sure I stuck to the five bites.

Yeah, you're right. I sense a new project coming up for me. Smile
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty LIMITED???

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:16 pm

Are you kidding me??? The food court has enough selections!! Just pick one and do the bites!! You only need to spend less than a 1-2 dollars at the most. If you have a fast food place like McDonald's...just get a hamburger...that's it! one dollar!! five bites! Save the rest for later or throw it away!! That's almost like living a dollar day on meals!!!

Don't focus on cravings as much..Just do the bites..and continue to something else! You can even just have a snickers bar!...For me the snickers bars are on sale here..2 for 1 dollar!!

You are rationalizing that this food court is limited...and its NOT...It has many options if there are at least 4-5 types of food to eat!

Anyways, just had to correct your thinking...YOU HAVE ENOUGH FOOD THERE....plus...let your body: "EAT MY FAT"

bridesmaidslimdown wrote:For my five bites I focus on cravings. You only have to get one bite of protein a day. My food is also limited to what I can get for free at work which considering that I work in a food court isn't all that limiting to be honest. It's been working very well for me. Since starting (which I'll admit I'm only on the 12th day) I have NEVER gone over my five bites at meals. The first two days were really rough and to be honest the only thing that got me through was knowing exactly what I wanted for my next meal and not worrying about anything other than making sure I stuck to the five bites.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty ummmm excuse me!!!!

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Ok renu671200 I have been ignoring your nastiness for the past few days now but this is the last straw! First of all I said that since I work at a food court my food ISN'T limited. Second you need to stop "rationalizing" that being a complete jerk is the same thing as tough love. Third... in case you didn't notice I have said that I have NO problem sticking to the five bites and how I do that is my business. If following my cravings while not spending any money on food is what works for me than I have no problem saying that. She asked what others were doing and I answered becasue that is what has been working for me. Don't tell me what to do if I'm not asking you for help. If you want to mention what worked for you cool but I really don't care. I have never seen you post one postive thing and I'm sick of you. If you don't have anything nice to say... don't say it at all. From now on I will be ignoring anything you have to say but I thought maybe you needed some "tough love" first.
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty my opinion and that's what it is..just an opinion

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:51 pm

bridesmaidslimdown wrote:Ok renu671200 I have been ignoring your nastiness for the past few days now but this is the last straw! First of all I said that since I work at a food court my food ISN'T limited. Second you need to stop "rationalizing" that being a complete jerk is the same thing as tough love. Third... in case you didn't notice I have said that I have NO problem sticking to the five bites and how I do that is my business. If following my cravings while not spending any money on food is what works for me than I have no problem saying that. She asked what others were doing and I answered becasue that is what has been working for me. Don't tell me what to do if I'm not asking you for help. If you want to mention what worked for you cool but I really don't care. I have never seen you post one postive thing and I'm sick of you. If you don't have anything nice to say... don't say it at all. From now on I will be ignoring anything you have to say but I thought maybe you needed some "tough love" first.
'

Hey,

read what you wrote. I am not trying to be nasty. If that's how you interpret it, then that's your opinion. I am just giving another view point and opinion. It is an opinion. You can take it with a grain of salt or let it go.

You don't even know me and I don't know you either. You write as if I don't have anything positive to say.. go back to what I write. READ IT AGAIN. I do encourage others and believe in each of you.

Just because I don't do it the same way some of you write doesn't mean I don't support you or the rest of you.

That's fine you gave me your opinion and your "tough love" as you say. I am an adult and so are you. We each have an opinion but don't take it to heart then. We each have our own opinion and views. I respect yours and you should respect mine.

What you do is your business..and that's fine by me...as I will do with my own business. I will compromise with you... I won't comment on your journal or your comments BUT if there is something you are misquoting or incorrect then I will my opinion know as well.

I want everyone to succeed here. I don't consider you an enemy or "jerk" as you are name calling me.

I am already part of another group that my friend leads but I wanted to come here and share my thoughts and opinions and the things I am learning from their group. He has been giving me "tough love" and its helped tremendously for me and the others in the group. He see what we are writing and in what we write or say tells us alot of what we believe or conscious believes.

Fact: He's been treating his patients for the past 3 years already and has seen all the "rationalizations", "excuse", and "limiting beliefs"..So if you disagree with my "TOUGH LOVE"...that's fine...

For now, this is my last comment to you in regards to this. Good luck and I do hope you reach your goals in the next few months...

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Everblue Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:45 pm

Uh renu I don't think you get it - You jumped all over someone because YOU made a mistake and didn't read their post correctly. All you need to do is apologize, not be all "it's just my opinion" cause bridesmaid is doing a great job and her post was helpful to me. I hope she's not discouraged because of this.
Everblue
Everblue

Back to top Go down

Everblue's daily journal Empty moving forward then....

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:13 pm

Everblue wrote:Uh renu I don't think you get it - You jumped all over someone because YOU made a mistake and didn't read their post correctly. All you need to do is apologize, not be all "it's just my opinion" cause bridesmaid is doing a great job and her post was helpful to me. I hope she's not discouraged because of this.

Everblue,

That's fine. I apologize to both you and bridesmaid. Keep it simple and we all move forward. I would rather focus each of our energies on each own diet than argue about something that deters from each of our goals. Move on and keep on going.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next