5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New member but long time forum reader

+2
Jenny P.
jmjt
6 posters

Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty New member but long time forum reader

Post  jmjt Mon May 03, 2010 4:21 am

I've read the older forum for quite a long time and have had the 5 bite diet book just as long. But like others, didn't start right away or did but stopped, restarted, etc!

I have to lose about 80#s and need to lose it as fast as possible - wouldn't we all love to! I have a life changing thing I want to do and need to lose this weight ASAP. Sorry to be so vague, just really personal!

I came across a book that is helping me tremendously - very tough at times but the majority of the stuff written in this book is my thinking the past few years and lately - until I started reading it! It gives great accountability and empowerment - and like Dr. Lewis' book - teaches you to NOT listen to diet gurus or the media, etc.

The book is called "Die Fat or Get Tough - 101 Differences in Thinking Between Fat People and Fit People" by Steve Siebold.

I bought if from Amazon - ignore any negative reviews on Amazon. I'm glad I didn't let those reviews and my fat thinking dissuade me - I gladly would have paid more for this book! The difference between these 2 groups are like the Grand Canyon on most of the 101 differences! He doesn't endorse any eating/diet plan, just pick one and get tough. The author did this same fat to fit person thinking, getting tough and lost his weight. You all may know, as I do, some or many people who love and think this "fit person thinking" and aren't overweight - or if got fat, stuck to a plan and lost the weight for good.

It has helped me so much with the starting, stopping, giving in to cravings and stupid thinking and the feeling sorry or poor me crap. Example:

Difference 33 - Fat People give into cravings - Fit people remain compliant

then follows a "Fat Loser Quote", a "Critical Thinking Question" and then a "Action Step".

Each Difference is a page or two so each topic isn't dredged out for pages on end. Some might be upset or disagree. I started to at first until I realized the 'fat person thinking' in my head didn't want to 'fess up, be accountable and didn't want to change. Up until about 8 yrs ago, I was in shape, a good eater, no emotional eating, etc and weighted 120 and exercised with weights and such (previously studied ballet for 15 yrs when I was younger) and after my husband got sick suddenly for 6 months and then passed away, I coped with eating. I know if he came back he'd tell me off but good as we were Mr. and Mrs. Fitness - he 6'4 and 280 lbs of muscle (no steroids, etc), me 120 and both of us healthy. I know he'd be angry for letting him be the cause of my physical and mental/emotional state and letting my self go. So I remember having this "fit person thinking" and so I personally know it IS true. Anyone upset or angry with the author needs to take a real good look, step back and assess themselves objectively and see it for themselves.

So anyway, I just thought if this book was helping me with the 5 Bite Diet, it might others on this forum. So before I blather on, I better stop now!

So after being sick for a week or so, I am starting the 5 Bite Diet tomorrow, Monday, 3. I am 50 yrs old, post-menopausal and a osteoarthritic knee and do NOT need this wt on this knee - or the other! Nor for other potential heath risks obesity causes. I'm also a nurse so I know - and should know better!

My scale is not working right so I think this is right:

Weight: 225 (or so, will have to go to mom's and use her scale - FYI my MOM, 76, has had this fit thinking all her life and is 5'5 and 115 or so, size 8.)

Height: 5'7

Will post progress.
jmjt
jmjt

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty Hi, its nice to meet you.

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 03, 2010 4:43 am

Welcome to the forum! I think its awesome that you are taking the steps to get your life back.
Also I really enjoyed your back story and your review of the book. I think I am going to look it up. Please feel free to share tid bits of wisdom from the book for the rest of us if you would like. There is a motivations portion of this forum where your advice would be very helpful and I know we would all enjoy it. Well, good luck and it's good to have you here.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty WELCOME

Post  Phil Mon May 03, 2010 6:52 am

WELCOME JMJT!

so glad your on board!

your story was inspiring and eye opening, that we MUST break old habits which formed over the years...

I will be looking up the book as well! but as Jenny said i think we would ALL love some wisdom from the book!

Hope to see you around here often!

Good Luck and Welcome!!! Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty Re: New member but long time forum reader

Post  Dani Tue May 04, 2010 2:28 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you for sharing with us and I will be looking for that book.

Good luck!

Dani

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty Welcome!

Post  walkerlori Wed May 05, 2010 1:53 am

Thanks for sharing your story. I'm 53 years old, I could be your big sister!

Good luck on your journey.
Lori

PS..I read Die Fat or Get Tough too...it was a good book. Toughlove is a good thing!
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty Podcast interview with "Die Fat or Get Tough" author

Post  jmjt Wed May 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Jimmy Moore, low carb Livin La Vida Lo-Carb guy, had a very good interview with Steven Siebold the author for this book on his podcast blog:

http://www.thelivinlowcarbshow.com/shownotes/1541/steve-seibold-says-die-fat-or-get-tough-episode-331/
jmjt
jmjt

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty Re: New member but long time forum reader

Post  diet74 Thu May 06, 2010 8:12 am

Welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing !

Very Happy
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty i just listened to the pod cast

Post  diet74 Thu May 06, 2010 8:55 am

Honestly I loved it. I love his tough approach.....
It hit home.
I'm always finding excuses, putting it off til later, whilst like he says, if it's important enough, just get doing it.

So basic, yet so true.....no miracle pill, just common sense.

And I think it fits perfectly with this 5 bite diet.

around 37 minutes in the podcast he says something like: just do it, start the diet, of course it's gonna be hard, but within days you will love it, because you will feel different, and you will have people compliment you, etc......

and how true is it from this 5 bite diet......the first few days are very very tough. But in the end , it is doable and it DOES get easier.
It's just a matter of sticking it out.

thank you again for sharing!
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

New member but long time forum reader Empty Die Fat or Get Tough book - get free first 5 chapters to read

Post  jmjt Thu May 06, 2010 1:15 pm

His websites listed at the end of the podcast is great too and has several TV appearances videos. I am half way done with his book.

If you go to his website: http://www.diefatbook.com/index.php - you can see these TV video appearances and better yet, get the firsts 5 chapters of his book for free to read! Good to get a preview and see if you want to buy - which all should!

It's funny how some of the comments on the podcast shows how most people still don't get it. One guy went on about how it wasn't his/our fault as food companies put in chemical and food addictive chemicals etc. in food...........well, don't eat them! That has been known and in the press for years now!

There is STILL no one forcing this food or other junk food down your neck and no one is keeping you on couch making excuses why you can't exercise, etc.

Suck it up! Like I wrote, I was Ms. Fitness type since age 12 - 15 yrs with ballet training and then wt training, pilates, aerobics, etc. and I had this fit thinking/world class thinking as the author calls it - and fell into the fat/middle class thinking - and I call stupid thinking for me! - so I can think back how I was and now and see how he is SO right on!

So many want it easy. I remember after the birth of my 2nd child, I lost 60 lbs in 4 months when I went back to my wt training good eating, etc. and my co-workers where so excited to hear how I did it and when they heard, you could see the disappointment, their faces fall - they all thought I had taken the newest diet pill or some miracle thing! They did not want to hear will power, hard work, commitment, tough mind set, etc.

So I have gotten "stupid" and had some of this fat thinking - but no more!. How crazy to stay fat and unhealthy while you are hoping for and looking for the quick, easy way that is painless and no hard work needed!
jmjt
jmjt

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 Thu May 06, 2010 5:45 pm

thanks for this.
I just did download the free chapters and they are so dead on.
Honestly.

The one that hit home was:
" Breaking promises to yourself destroys your confidence and weakens your self esteem "

It's so true. Every tie I tell myself "I am doing this today and this time it's for real" and then at the end of the day I pig out, it makes it harder to start because ever bad start does indeed destroy some confidence in myself.

I am on day 2 today.
It was tough. And dinner was very very difficult. I was dealing with that voice inside me that said , "oh you can just eat and start again tomorrow" and I swear I thought of the quote from the book.

I stuck to my guns. Had my 5 bites, then drank loads of water to make sure I am full.
I'm doing good.(mind you it's only 6.45 pm here in the UK!!!)

So thank you again for sharing the book..... truly wonderful what I've read so far.

Also, watch this...it's a great interview of his.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDNgUwsvofY&feature=related
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down