5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa's introduction

4 posters

Go down

Lisa's introduction Empty Lisa's introduction

Post  Lisa Sat May 08, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey all,

I contributed to the diet-blog forum way back in the day, but I spent more time lurking than commenting. I also didn't follow the diet with any regularity, so I didn't have a lot of results to post about!

I'm looking to drop some vanity weight quick before summer and bathing suit season, and I really think this is the best way to do it! I'm 5'4" and somewhere around 120. The weight I look and feel best at is around 107, which I was at a little over a year ago. I put on the thirteen pounds since then due to massive stress-induced and emotional eating.

I do a lot of socializing around eating, which makes doing this diet hard. I just transitioned to a workplace with a cafeteria, and I eat with a crew of coworkers every day and we also go out to lunch on Fridays. I also have a lunch with an old coworker planned next week, AND dinner with an old friend. Alas, I've got to find a way to make it work! I know that if I could just buckle down and do the diet with some consistency I'd have the weight off pretty quickly.

Anyway, that's why I'm here. Good luck everyone!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Lisa's introduction Empty Hi :)

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 09, 2010 3:01 am

Welcome to the forum!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Lisa's introduction Empty Heyy

Post  Phil Sun May 09, 2010 5:07 am

Welcome to the forums Lisa

The support section I think has some hints that may be able to help...

but from what i know YOU CAN STICK TO THE 5 BITES EVEN IF YOU GO OUT....

You may just have to do some rearranging of your day eating :p

Good Luck and hope to see more of your posts on here Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Lisa's introduction Empty Hi and Welcome!

Post  diet74 Sun May 09, 2010 3:31 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Wow, so you are 5 foot 4, like me.
I was 152 pounds over a year ago and got down to 120 with this diet.
I went back up to 125 lately and I decided to tackle my last 10 pounds.
I would love to be 115.
I have lost 5.2 pounds in the first 3 days.

At first I thought your goal of 107 seemed so low, but then I went to Dr Lewis's website and checked. And he does recommend 107 pounds for our height!!!
(The link is this by the way:
http://www.theslimmingstation.com/about_what_to_expect.php)

I can understand that your work food environment seems challenging.
However the good news with this diet is that if you stick to it (and the more you stick to it the more it works) the weight comes off pretty fast , and it is only meant to be temporary.

So , it's easier said than done I know, BUT, if you make a commitment to find a way around mealtimes at work for a while and stick to this diet 100%, then the sooner you start, the sooner you finish.

And as Dr Lewis said , as soon as you have reached your goal weight , you can eat small portion meals again , which means you can go back to eating at the cafeteria and out with friends.

Good luck to you!
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Lisa's introduction Empty Re: Lisa's introduction

Post  diet74 Sun May 09, 2010 3:36 pm

oh and another quick thing, sorry!!!

For me, and this is me only, I try to start this diet when I don't have to work.
If you could manage to start let's say on a saturday morning, then by monday morning you would be starting day 3 and you would have already lost...so that might motivate you to tackle the week feeling encouraged to deal with food situations at work.

I just started back on wednesday because I am not working at the moment.
Some people find it easier to do this on busy days so they don't have to think about food. For me I feel too tired at the beginning of this diet, but by day 3 I start getting my energy back.

Like I said, that's me. You might prefer something completely different!
Smile
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Mon May 10, 2010 11:33 pm

Thank you for your welcomes and all the suggestions!

I do agree that getting a head start when there's not too much going on is ideal! Next week I am off work all week to study for a professional exam. It will be a great time with no social obligations to do the diet too. I'm trying my hardest to keep this week relatively clear (and my adherence to the diet good), so I can go into next week fully motivated. So far it hasn't been too hard: I had enough work today to warrant skipping the cafeteria at lunch. Perhaps I will find a way to postpone my other social obligations without hurting anyone's feelings...

Diet74, it's exciting to see your progress since our stats are so close! Regarding the weight goal, I have actually been as low as 103 without looking too thin. It's kind of annoying actually. My frame is one where every extra pound heads straight for my legs. Not a good look! Also, I'm actually a smidge under 5'4" at about 5'3/4".

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down