5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

O2B "16 Again" (again)

4 posters

Go down

O2B "16 Again" (again) Empty O2B "16 Again" (again)

Post  16Again Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:25 am

Whew! I did one day. I'm famished. Could eat mud (maybe with a little paprika?).

Two more hours and I'll be home from work. Going right to bed. I don't want to give temptation the upper hand.

I've never started a diet in the middle of the week before. It feels kind of weird. Nor have I started one so close to such major feasting holidays! But maybe that's good because I'll still be in the "High-Motivation/Beginner's Luck" period. So that's um,... 10 days to Christmas and another 6 'til New Year's Eve.

Oh, Boy!!!

Marc Very Happy
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

O2B "16 Again" (again) Empty Re: O2B "16 Again" (again)

Post  starfish Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:41 am

Yaay!! Good luck - I'm rooting for you!!
starfish
starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:48 am

Mud with paprika, too funny!!! LOL!!! But I know what you mean, I was so hungry my first 4 days but once my body finally adjusted I felt SOOOO much better Smile Going to bed early is a great idea plus plenty of sleep is shown to aid in weightloss so it's a win win for you! Can't wait to see how tomorrow goes, keep it up!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:00 am

Thanks for the wonderful encouragement ladies!

Right-O!!

Okay, so here's my meal plan for EACH DAY until (and including) New Year's Day (Except Christmas):

TWO Jones Dairy Farm "All Natural" Sausage Patties for each meal:
  • 2.3 oz. total/(1.156 oz. each) -- that's 0.6 oz. MORE than a Snickers Bar
  • 240 calories (thus per meal) -- that's 30 calories LESS than a Snickers Bar

Breakfast - None/Zero/Zip!!
Lunch ---- TWO Jones Dairy Farm "All Natural" Sausage Patties
Dinner --- TWO Jones Dairy Farm "All Natural" Sausage Patties
Multi-Vitamin
1.75 to 2 Gallons of Water (224 oz. to 256 oz.)

That'll make 480 calories a day. I know, the Doc says in the book, it's not about calories, but the "deal" I make with myself is:
I don't Have To COUNT the calories because I know, in advance, how many there are!! I don't really need to think about it again.

My workout comes from the book The Slow Burn Revolution by Fred Hahn, & The Doctors Eades (of Protein Power fame). It's a One Time Per Week, 30 minute, Resistance-Training program. Each exercise (only 12 of them) done with lighter weights but done Super Slow (so it REALLY gets into ALL the muscle tissues Very Happy ).

Going Home now. ["To sleep, perchance to dream..."] See you all in the morning.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:03 pm

Well it helps, in some small measure, to be humbled (humiliated ? ) right from the very beginning.

I got myself invited to a teacher's end-of-the year party last Friday night, and it turned out to be a sit-down dinner. Five bites flew out the window. Strict carnivore-ism had to sit in the side-car as well we were served Beef Wellington and there was no plain meat to be had. But my parents instilled my manners in me. I had to be someone else's idea of ideal party-goer for an evening.

Thankfully, my weigh-in is not until Wednesday. So no matter how far-flung I flew, I'll simply see the results of the week and never know what reward I missed.

Saturday:
Breakfast - None/Zero/Zip!!
Lunch ---- TWO Jones Dairy Farm "All Natural" Sausage Patties
Dinner --- TWO Jones Dairy Farm "All Natural" Sausage Patties
Multi-Vitamin
2 Gallons of Water (256 oz.)

Today? On aim to be the same.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:59 pm

I'm sure you'll still do well for the week. I'm glad your back posting how did you maintain wile not doing the 5 bite I noticed you stayed at the same weight
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Yep one meal isn't gonna hurt ya too bad and I was raised the same way, if someone goes to all the effort to prepare a meal it's good manners to eat and rave about it, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:47 pm

Dmac wrote:I'm sure you'll still do well for the week. I'm glad your back posting how did you maintain wile not doing the 5 bite I noticed you stayed at the same weight

Thanks Dmac.

As far as "maintaining" at the lower weight(?) -- Geez, I have no idea! At first, I tried to make it 5 bites per meal (since I was taking meds for these migraines 4X a day, that was twenty bites!!) but that little food wasn't curbing the nausea so I just started eating "meals"... and then snacks as well.

Perhaps I had been so UnHealthy at the 235 pounds that my body found a new "set point" around 215 (up to 217 or down to 213).

One thing I will say that is ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT about this diet is that, I have an electronic scale (from the folks at Weight Watchers) that tells me Body Weight and Body Fat %, and Pounds of Body Fat and Pounds of Water, Pounds of Bone and, BMI. Using a calculator I discovered that Every Single Pound Lost was from BODY FAT ONLY; NO LEAN BODY MASS (bone, muscle, or organ weight) at all!! And those Numbers haven't changed. I am simply 20 Pounds less Fat, than when I started.

I know I'm going to have to consider "REAL" maintenance when I get down to my proper weight, just like everyone else, But I'm so happy I didn't go back up to my Previous Weight (and then some) like other diets seem to do.

I read something about the Doc's Personal Maintenance plan -- even though he says he can't recommend anything for others except what they discover for themselves. If I can find it I'll paste it over here.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:50 pm

spryng wrote:Yep one meal isn't gonna hurt ya too bad and I was raised the same way, if someone goes to all the effort to prepare a meal it's good manners to eat and rave about it, LOL

Thanks Spryng. So true, so true.

Peace and joy,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

O2B "16 Again" (again) Empty The Doc's Personal Maintenance Plan

Post  16Again Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Alright, I found what the Doc wrote (as I mentioned above) and I've posted it over in the "5 Bite Diet Support" section, so people have a way to keep finding it.

Here's the link, as well: https://5bitediet.forumotion.com/t471-maintenance-how-the-doc-does-it#5157

Best Of LUCK to us all, when we get there!!

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:31 pm

Thanks marc very helpful info Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:23 pm

I've switched up my metaphors. I'm no longer climbing on or falling off any Wagons. I've got to do this under my own power. I'm on my own two feet and Stepping Up!

Now, I'm "in training." Preparing for the Big Fight/Big Race. The "Battle With My Bulge!" "The Mighty 5 Bite-y!" "The Crunch At Lunch/The Winner At Dinner!" I'm keeping the End in sight.

I'm, finally, In It to Win It!!

I've chosen "training" as for a martial (self-defense) art, like Aikido (my preferred Art, for its non-aggressive mind-set) for my metaphor. Organized Sports -- to my thinking -- get one trained for a specific series of scheduled "Events" (games), whereas "self-defense" training keeps one focused "at All Times," "everyday" to be Always Prepared for Anything that may or may-not ever happen.

Part of the motivation beneath the analogy is that if I DON'T keep strict with myself, I'll be "upping-the-chance"" of getting my block knocked-off .

So I'm "gearing up" for getting down to "fighting trim," as the boxers say. My training schedule (adapted from a boxing camp's regimen) will bring me from tomorrow, Tuesday (December 20) to "Peak" shape in 87 days (on March 6, 2012). This metaphor is Strictly About EATing 5 (or fewer) Bites, Twice a day as though it were regimented exercise. Whatever real exercise I'll be doing won't be anywhere near as structured; but it will be fun!

WOW!... I just looked up weight classes for Amateur Boxers and realized that when I reach my "fighting trim," I will have cascaded down from "Super Heavyweight" (over 200.62 lbs -- for me "well" over at 217 Rolling Eyes -- is that Super DOOPER Heavyweight?) to "Light Welterweight" (between 132.27 lbs to 141.09 lbs) and the low end of that class is EXACTLY my 18.5 BMI!!

Peace, all,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum