5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Journal

+29
Mrs5BD
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Yuki526
needhelp
Pookykat
16Again
Scarlet
kelleep26
kimikat3
ElleBella
Maernet
Kaliopikat
mommieof2
amu82
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
insanity
herbsgirl
teaismyhappyplace
Jesabelle
spryng
Dmac
eveangel22
misunderstood
Snow White
33 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Okay...

Post  16Again Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:25 am

Well, your Potassium and Magnesium supplementation sure appears perfectly adequate. I wouldn't change up or down on either.

So let's look at macro-nutrients for a bit. And for a moment let me harken back to what I said about Dr. Shelton's conclusion that our everyday eating is what throws our chemistry out of whack.

Eating NOTHING (a true fast with only water) allows the body to harvest energy from the most expendable tissues, first (the low-hanging fruit, so to speak). That would be fat cells. Since the body doesn't have to deal with new concoctions of chemicals (meals), and figuring out where to place what, once it's broken down, it can get on with the task of bringing everything "back-to-blueprint-specifications. It recycles vitamins and minerals, losing virtually none.

We put in food. Food is GOOD. But foods are compounds of these very chemicals the body already stores. Along with the big three (fat, protein, & carbs) there are the A to Z of vitamins and minerals released, working with the Big 3 to repair and replicate our fluids and tissues that are reaching their expiration dates.

So having enough of everything is essential. If we exclude Fats while eating Protein we wind up with the "Rabbit Starvation" I mentioned above. I personally don't know what to call what you'd end up with excluding all protein while eating only Fat (or drinking it in Bulletproof Coffee) -- but you'd be getting "Essential Fatty Acids" without the necessary "Essential AMINO Acids" from Protein.

The problem with THAT, from Shelton's perspective, would be getting One type of food, and the body expecting to do its job in conjunction with what it does with the the other -- but it doesn't "get to" DO IT. It's Waiting. It's Programmed. "Hey, Where's the stuff?" The chemical profile on the incoming material doesn't "READ," if you get my drift.

Fat and protein are not exclusive of one another in Nature, so a Fat Fast might be the problem.

You say this started to happen at the end of your Bulletproof cycle, so maybe your "friends" were right. But they shouldn't have gone Ballistic.

Your protein shakes sound like they have "No Fat." Just an educated guess, but they might be better if you Bulletproofed them.

Still, check in with your physician. It's perplexing.

[Note: I purposefully leave out carbohydrates from these descriptions, both because I'm weird, AND because the body cascades OVER HALF the Protein we eat (53% to 58%) into sugar. You never NEED to eat a plant. I let the food animals do that for me about 98% of the time.]

Let's not give up on this. Again, look to your journals and see if times of certain behaviors coincide with the onset of this problem. If nothing else, you have a cool and thorough story to tell your Doctor. cheers

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  Snow White Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:34 pm

So perhaps I could make a bulletproof coffee and add in a protein shake...this might work but I worry about the calories...I will try that when I decide to do it again. I make a regular BPC w/ 2T. unsalted organic butter & 1T. coconut oil (330 calories, 0 carb, lots of fat). If I'm fasting all day with it I add another T. of coconut oil which brings the calories to 460 calories. This thing is I felt so wonderful doing this, so I know the benefits of the coconut oil are REAL as well the benefits of just not eating food. I'm not talking to my doctor about any of this b/c they will be so against all of this, I just don't want to battle with them.

The hair loss seems to be doing better. I had a 110 calorie protein shake this morning with my black coffee...I poured it in little by little like it was coffee creamer. It was pretty good...I chugged it down.

Marc, thank you so much for your help with all this!!! I really appreciate the time you've invested in helping me figure this out.

I will try to eat a pork chop this week as well! Thanks, Debbie!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jul 01, 2012 4:35 pm

Hey girl, your welcome

I am glad you are feeling better .. adding in a smoothies will be a tasty addiion! If you make it with almond milk (no sugar added its only 2 net carbs.. or with coconut milk (again sugar free) only 1 net carb.. 40 cal.. then add a high quality tasty protien in about 100 cals.. and only 2 net carbs.. you will have a great low cal, high protien low carb smoothie.. only add a few frozen berries if you have the have them.. Cheers!!! Have a great day today. bounce bounce bounce Warriors on the move today cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Sunday, July 1

Post  Snow White Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Day 00 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 184.5 lbs, 5BD
Day 01 = (-2.4) = 02.4 lbs lost. Current Weight: 182.1 lbs, cheated

I will check out the almond milk and coconut milk and see how they compare protein wise to this protein shake I have (EAS carb control dark chocolate).

Well things have not gone as planned today...we went to a Chinese restaurant for my husband's actual birthday for lunch after church today...I know we already celebrated my husband's bday with a belly buster meal on Friday...but down south we are starting to do birthday weeks rather than just birthday days! Later we are going to an early fireworks celebration and I am planning on 5 biting that meal. I may just fast tomorrow with the bulletproof coffee and a protein shake in order to offset the gain. I'm still serious about getting to 175 and then getting serious about my exercise plan. It has been over 100 degrees here for the last 3 days, so tennis has been absolutely out of the question!!!!!

b-coffee w/protein shake as creamer
l-too much Chinese food
d- will post
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:57 am

Oh how I love chinese food.. deadly for a celiac.. lol.. I have to make it at home If I want it.. yay for you all though.. yummm

I know you are so commited and so you will find your route what ever that is.. Your well on your way girl.. we came home early as the weather did turn nasty we are just getting ready to eat dinner then watch a movie.. we will watch the fireworks from out balcony if the rain stops.. lol

Have a super night!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Monday, July 2

Post  Snow White Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Day 00 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 184.5 lbs, 5BD, lc cocktail
Day 01 = (-2.4) = 02.4 lbs lost. Current Weight: 182.1 lbs, cheat Chinese food (husband's bday) & fireworks food (early 4th of July celebration), lc cocktail
Day 02 = (+2.9) =00.5 lbs gain. Current Weight: 185.0 lbs, 5BD, fasted w/protein shake, bulletproof coffee, & low carb cocktail

Day 30 MINI-GOAL= 165 lbs.

Well posting that gain on that chart really sucked! Hopefully I will lose all of the gain today!

Plan for today:

b-protein shake
l-bulletproof coffee
d-1 bite chips & dip, 4 bites pizza
lc cocktail

I have to report back to school/work on July 30...28 days from now. I weighed exactly what I weigh today on the first day of summer so I have made no progress on my weight loss and have really wasted another month on this diet. Another month that I could have potentially lost 20 or 30 pounds....uggg! I know it's a very, very far cry, but it would be awesome to start back to work weighing 165. I think if I could just stop cheating that I could actually do it. Others have. We'll see what happens! Any thoughts about doing the fast every other day and 5 biting on eating days...as long as my hair doesn't fall out!!!???????

Update: I just spent 6 hours cleaning my youngest son's room...he did help and stay with me the whole time so that was good! He is 10 years old and is the youngest of three boys so I had been holding on to a lot of stuff in his room that was sentimental because he is the last baby. But he only has one more year of school left before he's a middle schooler, so it was time!!! My husband is out of town today, so I wanted to get this done as a surprise for him. He's an OCD neat freak and he wishes I was, too. I actually wish I was too! But I'm trying to get things better because if your surroundings are in order, you just feel better I think. I'm kind of stacker and a oh, I'll put this here and take care of it later kind of person. I'm trying to change b/c living this way wastes a lot of time in the long run and I hate going through stacks of mess and trying to figure out what to do with it!

Ok then in the middle of all the cleaning AND fasting I had to make a call to the house alarm people about getting a battery changed b/c while I was cleaning the alarm system tripped and the monitoring service was calling to make sure everything was ok. I'm assuming this could now happen again at 2:00 in the morning or whatever every so often until I get the battery changed and this makes me cringe to think about. So I called the people about the battery and they said they were going to charge me $75 for the service call and $25 for the battery. So $100 to have this battery changed. He said I could change it myself and even told me where to buy the battery. I got really upset and got into a back and forth with the man about it...I've been with them for 7 years and they want to charge me $75 to do something that he said I could actually even do myself. Well, this did not go well. Now every so often I should tell you that I get into these "situations" with people like this and then my husband usually has to come behind my mess and fix it and he really hates doing this. Now I didn't curse at the man or insult his mother or anything but I remained strong in the face of this injustice! So, I'm not looking forward to explaining this little doosie to my husband but what are you going to do???? Sometimes you've just got to say what needs to be said!!!!

Last edited by Snow White on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Snow, M'dear,

Here are my thoughts, shared in Love (so please take them that way):

1) Please eat FOOD. Y'know, solid stuff you have to break down with "Bites" and chewing.

How would you measure either your "Protein Shake" or your "Bulletproof Coffee" on the BRILLIANT "Snickers" Template you innovated? You are shifting over into a "liquid diet" (perhaps the "5 Gulp Diet"?). The Doc, in his Book, recommends NOT Even Eating Soup(!), because the fluid leaves the stomach so quickly -- and leaving maybe the equivalent of a half bite of food for your stomach to break down. That, he told me in a Tuesday chat at Stickum, will play havoc with the Hungerstat.

Also, consider that your body uses energy (burns Calories) to break down food into its constituent parts, so they can be absorbed. Drinking Only stuff that is already "Broken-Down" robs your body of that chance for a "Metabolism" workout.

The Body EXPECTS its JOB to be "separating" FAT Molecules from PROTEIN Molecules. It EXPECTS them to enter the Stomach TOGETHER. Just ONE or the OTHER is "ALIEN" to its EXPECTATIONS.

So, Please EAT FOOD.

2) "Intermittent" Fasting... Well, I just did a 36 hour fast (last Thursday evening 'til Saturday Lunch) and I see no harm from it -- that is until I skipped Saturday' Dinner and woke up "famished" on Sunday... and then overate.

Now, my brother, whom I mentioned in a post last week, lost a huge amount of weight quickly on this diet. He told me later that he would fast for three days; eat 5 Bites for one or two days; Fast for two; back and forth; more and less. But he was a direct Patient of the Doc with weekly appointments, and got regular "Blood Panels" done. The Doc is/was Fine with the fasting as long as, when my bro' ate, he would stick strictly with the 5 Bites.

Just "My Thoughts"? It might be a whole different TIME PERIOD for your body (Hungerstat) to adjust to "Eating ONLY Every Other Day." I don't really know. But perhaps that will make things Harder than they Have To Be.

3) "Cheating"?

CUT IT OUT!! Just Stop. I Mean IT! And I say this in LOVE!!!

You would NEVER THINK of cheating on your Husband. Treat Your SELF with the same respect. That's your goal. To LOVE YOURSELF as Much as you LOVE him. To PROTECT YOURSELF as you Will Always PROTECT him. To GIVE as much as you GET. And to be there With him for ALL THE ADDED YEARS YOUR WEIGHT LOSS WILL PROVIDE. Longer LOVE. More LOVE.

You have a GOAL, darlin'. Reach it. We are here WITH you and FOR you... No Matter What! Don't let your honesty droop. No. That's one of the beautiful aspects of everything you write. If you lapse we won't judge, but we'll always be here to remind you of How STRONG you REALLY ARE!!

(Um, did I "overstep"? If so, Sorry)

LOVE and Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:11 pm

No you have not over stepped. I appreciate your feedback!

1. I totally agree that I need to just stop cheating! I appreciate the husband analogy. I do not treat myself with the same regard and esteem that I treat others and especially my husband.

2. You've got me a little confused about the fasting. Are you saying that if I'm going to fast that I should have just water or even nothing rather than the protein shake and bulletproof coffee b/c that causes me to be on a liquid diet?

3. I'm hearing you say that you don't want me to fast that you would rather I just ate my 5 bites like a normal person and quit being so naughty by doing things that are even naughtier than my cheats (health-wise) to try to make up for my cheats?

Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Whew!!...

Post  16Again Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:44 am

Snow White wrote:No you have not over stepped. I appreciate your feedback!

1. I totally agree that I need to just stop cheating! I appreciate the husband analogy. I do not treat myself with the same regard and esteem that I treat others and especially my husband.

EXACTLY!! You are worth every "regard" that your heart gives to others. Couples intent on "monogamy" don't Honeymoon at Swinger's Parties.

2. You've got me a little confused about the fasting. Are you saying that if I'm going to fast that I should have just water or even nothing rather than the protein shake and bulletproof coffee b/c that causes me to be on a liquid diet?

EXACTLY!! Fasting is a ZERO Calorie Game. Even a "JUICE Fast" is a misnomer.

[Note: my brother, who knew NADA about fasting, drank "industrial-sized Vats" of unsweetened Iced Tea, throughout his "fasts" but he's NEVER just drank water -- and it WAS "Zero Calorie" so who am I to judge? It Worked!]

But I'm also making the case that separating FOODS into constituent Macro Nutrients doesn't happen in Nature. You don't go out into a field and grab a scoop-full of Protein. Just EAT something that's made of Protein AND Fat (Meat, Eggs, Poultry, or Fish) (or Nuts, Legumes, Seeds, Tofu, and Rice if you choose a vegetarian meal) at EVERY 5 Bite Meal. Again, Carbs take care of themselves.

3. I'm hearing you say that you don't want me to fast that you would rather I just ate my 5 bites like a normal person and quit being so naughty by doing things that are even naughtier than my cheats (health-wise) to try to make up for my cheats?

ACTUALLY, I was saying if Fasting works for you, DO IT.

I guess what I was pondering was, IF you set your Hungerstat to keep you satisfied with 5 Bites, 2 Times a Day,... and The Next Day you drink only water, won't you be Hungry for your 5 Bites while fasting(?),... and The Next Day you provide your stomach with 5 Bites, only to deprive yourself the Next Day...

I suppose you would get used to it, over time. But it MIGHT take Longer than three days for your body to recognize the Pattern (what maybe Six to Ten Days? Maybe Longer? I don't know).

I just Know that when the Doc mentions "Fasting" in the book, he uses it to illustrate that the Hungerstat can be set "AS LOW AS ZERO" and that Gandhi (during an extended Fast) "wasn't Hungry AFTER The Third Day."

So even Fasting causes a shift in the Hungerstat. Starting a Fast = HUNGER, even if all you ate the Day Before was 5 Bites for each of two meals.

And if you Start a Fast "every other day," you'll likely be HUNGRY every... other... day.

If you can do that, I'm HERE to CHEER YOU ON!! But if you find it too difficult to handle, just ease back into "5 Bites" without any guilt. We're HEROES, not MARTYRS.

Let's OPTIMIZE. This is OUR TIME. This is OUR PLACE. This is OUR VICTORY!!!!

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:12 am

Well, a water fast I cannot handle...the bulletproof coffee enabled me to not eat or even desire food b/c it does have calories and fat to get you through but it is still a lot less calories over all and closer to the two Snickers calorie-wise than what I'm ingesting even when I am being good. It felt good to not eat, to not want to eat. But on water only, no way. I know I can't do that, at least not right now.

So I'm going to focus on 5 biting and stop trying figure out how to have my cake and eat it too which what I was really trying to do with the fasting. I just need to 5 bite my way, all the way to the finish line and stop all this foolishness. Also, I need to hold myself in higher regard by being true to the plan that will allow me to lose weight. I have always said, if you are true you can lose the weight. I need to be true.

Also, I went to the store and bought food I love, not the healthiest and not the best for me...but I am planning to eat my lust foods for a while to really get myself back in this fight. Chips and dip are my thing, any kind! I got some of those flattened pretzels and guacamole and ranch dip. This will be my lunch tomorrow. Yay! : ))))))) I have lost weight eating what I want, so I'm going for it! : )))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 am

Good for you Beautiful.. That is what I am doing.. I am eating what ever I want.. ok.. gf but still what ever I want and keeping my portions in check.. I am hoping to return to the 5 bite diet after tomorrow with the drs. ok.. I am sooooooooooooo happy for you honey.. xoxoxox YUM.. chips and dip.. YUM cheers

Have a super rest of your day flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:56 am

This little journal has been a busy one and I tried to post last night from my black berry but for some reason it will not let me post.

Snow I really think you and I are on the same page with snacking outside of the 5 bite. I have been trying to do the low carb but oh my it's hard because as I stated in Debbie's journal I want my 5 bites to be of anything like it's suppose to and the low carb is really tough for me. I love my fruit, and bread but I can cut it down, right.

Fasting-- IF is a good way to go as well if you can not do a complete water fast. IF is where you chose a window of eating and stay with then that window but fast from 16, 18, or 24hrs it's totally up to you. This is sorta of what we are doing for our Religious fasting, which has been done for over 1400 years. This year it's an 18hr day of fasting and my window of eating is from 9pm after sunset till bed time but I am just eating my 5 bites and I've been eating my snickers to start my fast at 3am so pretty much all day no food. I have read Dr Shelton's stuff and I really like water fasting, however the last time I did it, I vomited for 3 days due to alot of toxins from medicine I have been prescribed it was really horrible. I really think, just my opinion, that the IF would work for you. It's similar to the Warrior diet where you have one feeding in the evening but you are fasting through the day. The warrior diet has you eating lightly through the day if need be and taking a lot of supplements.

Vitamins I also take potassium and I take vitamin D as well, due to a very low v-d level. I do not take anything else and all my levels are fine. I don't even take the multi-vitamin,just my choice because I get severely hungry and sick after taking them. I think you are doing well with the supplements. I was told by a doctor that whatever potassium your body does not need it flushes out anyway, so there's no worry about od on it, but I have not researched it so don't just take my word or the word that the doc provided. I take 100mg of potassium and 2000mg of v-D compared to 50, 000mg a few months ago of Vit-d. I was having a really hard time losing weight, having a lot of muscle aches and some fatigue and other symptoms and low and behold my level was really low. Since starting the v-d my weight loss has kicked in with the help of this diet as well.

Hair loss not real sure about it but I know some hair loss is healthy according to my stylist and I lose quiet a bit of hair but you would never know it, but none by the handfuls more than once in a day.

Marc I do love the analogy you used about her husband and not cheating it really helped me as well. You are a pleather of information.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Tuesday, July 3

Post  Snow White Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Debbie, thank you sweetie! You always comfort me when I'm down and I really appreciate it! : ))))))) Eating what we want is what we're supposed to do on this diet so I think it's perfect to return to that!

Michelle, I had not thought of the vitamin D, but that may be a missing piece for me as well. The hair loss has slowed, my cycle seems to be back in check (I was spotting heavily when it was not time---failed to mention this little treasure in my journal!) But, yesterday I started getting muscle soreness in my right calf muscle. The husband analogy really hit home for me. Like, why is it that fidelity to my marriage is so easy because of my commitment, but fidelity to myself on this diet I sometimes allow myself a pass. It's not right. I'm hurting myself by being overweight and hurting myself by cheating on this diet. My resolve must rise to the level of commitment that I have to my husband, my marriage, my kids, and my students. I know I can do this, I just need to change my thinking! : )))))

b-coffee w/chocolate creamer
l-1 bite sour cream & cheddar Ruffles w/ ranch dip, 3 bites flat pretzels w/guacamole, 1 bite flat pretzel w/ ranch dip
d-1 bite tater tots, 4 bites chicken sandwich
low carb cocktail

Day 01 = (-2.4) = 02.4 lbs lost. Current Weight: 182.1 lbs, cheat Chinese food (husband's bday) & fireworks food (early 4th of July celebration), lc cocktail
Day 02 = (+2.9) =00.5 lbs gain. Current Weight: 185.0 lbs, 5BD, b-protein shake l-bulletproof coffee, d- 5bd, & low carb cocktail
Day 03 = (-2.5) = 02.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 182.5 lbs

Last edited by Snow White on Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:45 pm

You are welcome honey.. We are all priority 1.. take a picture that mimicks what you want.. put it up and focus on it.. tell your self you are already thin.. and keep focused on that.. that is one of the things I have done for other things in my life.. it has worked.. so I am trying it again.. its the law of attraction theory.. It can not hurt..

I think we are all in the right space right now to do this .. So lets get it done! yay for your great journey back to 170 you are almost there girl cheers

Have a super day!!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 pm

Snow we are neck and neck in our weight loss so lets get ourselves under 180. I'm hoping you will be there this morning when you weigh in.

Thanks to Debbie I found a photo and placed it in my avatar. That is what I would love to look like body wise anyway.. That will be there until the day I can replace it with a skinny photo of me....

Happy 4th of July to you..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:08 pm

Michelle, I love that picture and would love to look like that, too!!!!

If you celebrate the 4th, Happy 4th of July as well to you!

: )))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Wednesday, July 4

Post  Snow White Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:34 pm

Day 02 = (+2.9) =00.5 lbs gain. Current Weight: 185.0 lbs, 5BD, b-protein shake l-bulletproof coffee, d- 5bd, & low carb cocktail
Day 03 = (-2.5) = 02.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 182.5 lbs, 5BD, lc cocktail
Day 04 = (-1.1) = 03.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.4 lbs, cheat Cracker Barrel

b-water
l- brunch at Cracker Barrel
d-water, Sprite Zero

Well, uggg my husband is getting on a plane this afternoon for work and we are going out to brunch at Cracker Barrel before he leaves. Also, since it's the fourth, this will be our only time together to celebrate or spend time together. We went to see fireworks at our church earlier on the 1st. I'm going to eat and just not eat anything else for the rest of the day. I may get on my elliptical machine to try and make up for it after he leaves.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:09 pm

hugs honey on your hubby on his way to work..I know how that feels... yum there is a resteraunt called Cracker Barrel.. really. wow..

Great pic Michelle.. .. yay..

Have a super day honey.. keep up the great work bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Thursday, July 5

Post  Snow White Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Day 04 = (-1.1) = 03.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.4 lbs, cheat l-Cracker Barrel, d-nothing, lc cocktail
Day 05 = (-0.2) = 03.3 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.2 lbs

I got really lucky and did not gain today but actually lost .2! Yay! : ))))))))
Well 5 days and 2 cheats with a loss of 3 pounds and having PCOS is pretty good I think!!! I know I need to get the cheating under control, b/c when I cheat it's more like a binge than a cheat and that's a whole problem of it's own! The chart is helping me stay accountable here. I have been keeping a chart at home on paper every morning when I weigh in, but I'm the only one who can see it, so I can choose to ignore it. The chart on my 5 bite journal can't be ignored.

I'm trying out a new recipe for lunch today for goat cheese stuffed hot pepper...will see how that goes.

b- nothing
l- 5 bites goat cheese stuffed hot pepper
d- 1 bite stuffed hot pepper, 1 bite beef taco, 3 bites chicken enchilada
planning lc cocktail
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:18 am

YUMMMMMMMM I loved your day of food.. yummmmm bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Great Job on this week.. you are so honest. love that about you..

I read your Q on my post and looked like mad for the article and now can not find it.. arrrg.. but I will not stop looking for you girl!

Almost at your goal of 170 .. eeeeh cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Snow, way to go girl you are on your way back down. I love that the chart is holding you accountable. My conscious does that I feel so bad each time I think about eating more or not exercising. I can't wait for you weigh in this morning.

I believe you mentioned the excess skin from weight loss, this is my take on it. These people lose 200-300lbs in a year and that's a lot of skin but for those of us who have 50, 90, 100lbs to lose I think it would be different. Well for me it is I was blessed with really good skin. I do not have any saggy skin and as long as I do some weight training it tones really well. So in all aspects I believe one it's the amount of weight you loose and the time you loose it and second what kind of skin you have been blessed with. The only thing I can complain about is that when I lose weight my stretch marks, which will probably fade as they are so light, show up. That is the only big complaint. However for those not blessed and have a ton of weight to lose I don't know what to say. I have a friend who has lost weight very slow and her skin is soooooo saggy as is my step sisters they did weight watchers and my friend works out at curves and their skin is really bad. I will say again I believe alot is how much you were blessed with good skin.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Friday, July 6

Post  Snow White Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:22 pm

Day 04 = (-1.1) = 03.1 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.4 lbs, cheat l-Cracker Barrel, d-nothing, lc cocktail
Day 05 = (-0.2) = 03.3 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.2 lbs, 5BD, lc cocktail
Day 05 = (-1.3) = 04.6 lbs lost. Current Weight: 179.9 lbs

Made it into the 170s!!!!!!!!!!

b-nothing
l- 2 bites goat cheese stuffed hot pepper, 3 bites chicken sandwich
d- 1 bite seasoned fries, 4 bites filet mignon

Thanks Debbie for your encouragement! I'm trying to get this thing going! : )))))))

Michelle, I agree about the skin thing and maybe it's one way or the other...some people stretch and some people sag. If that's the case, then I know I'm a stretcher!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty Food Journal for Saturday, July 7

Post  Snow White Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:28 pm

Day 05 = (-0.2) = 03.3 lbs lost. Current Weight: 181.2 lbs, 5BD, lc cocktail
Day 06 = (-1.3) = 04.6 lbs lost. Current Weight: 179.9 lbs, 5BD, lc cocktail
Day 07 = (-1.3) = 05.9 lbs lost. Current Weight: 178.6 lbs

178.6!!!!!! The lowest weight in 4 years! This diet really works as long as you keep on going!!! : ))))))))

When I hit 175, I will start my exercise program.

Work starts back July 30 and I'd love to weigh 165...that would mean a 20 pound loss for the summer break. If I can keep losing like this, I'm sure I will meet that goal! Then I'm going to keep on going! : ))))))))))

b-coffee w/chocolate creamer
l- 2 bites chicken patty, 3 bites goat cheese stuffed hot pepper
d-planning 4 bites pepperoni pizza, 1 bite chocolate cake

I just wanted to offer an invitation to all of the guest visitors to this forum to please register and join this supportive community. We can help you through the rough spots, celebrate your successes, and stand with you no matter what! This diet works and anyone can do it! Again, please join us, MIGHTY WARRIORS! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Snow White on Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 16 Empty WOW!!

Post  16Again Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:07 pm

That's Wonderful, Snow White!!!!!!!

Keep it up (says the sheepish re-starter) !!!!

You must feel ecstatic.

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. Check your Chart. I think you're at Day 7, not Day 6. -- "two Day 05s"
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:24 pm

Thanks for the correction! Got it! : )))))

You know I post when I'm naughty and that keeps me from being naughty for more than one day in row. No need to drop off the grid, we're here to help each other through the rough patches....we all have them. So glad you're back!!! : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next