5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey!

+4
spryng
Dmac
Snow White
Peekachu82
8 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty How much volume?

Post  Snow White Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:40 pm

How much volume is the question. Has anyone ever measured it in terms of cups? Like is it a 1/4 or a 1/2 cup. This could help when eating foods like soup or popcorn.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty Re: Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:58 pm

i think that using a teaspoon would still work here. For soup, maybe 5 tablespoons of it would be enough since its mostly liquid? for popcorn i would just pretend like i was taking a bite's worth (2-3 kernels) and set it aside in a separate bowl. Do that 5 times and enjoy it slowly. Every time i wonder if something is 5 bites i either use a slightly heaped teaspoon to measure out what would fit in my mouth, or i pretend like im taking a bite (like a sandwhich or something) and use that to measure a portion.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty Update..

Post  Peekachu82 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:38 pm

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: 3 Bites "Peekachu's Potato Chip Sandwich" (lol..it's just made w/mayo, a couple of slices of cheese, & some crushed potato chips!) & 2 Bites Muddy Buddies
Dinner: ? (IDK but I am starving!)
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:41 pm

I definitely wouldn't over think it.. don't weigh or measure your foods, take your normal bites. This diet is meant to be very simple and if you keep it simple you are more likely to stick to it Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty In Response..

Post  Peekachu82 Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Thanks Spyrng! Yeah..I agree with you..I don't want to make this complicated at all! The reason why I chose this diet was because of the simplicity..counting calories was exhausting (I tried that before this!)..and also, it was reallly frustrating..when I went out to eat..I'd have to know where we're going ahead of time..and if I didn't, I'd stress about calories, or try to look it up on my phone..which was ridiculous..or if we went over to a friend's house, or my parents..I'd have no clue how many calories were in what they were giving me! So, I felt like it was really hard to win doing that! Then I heard about 5 Bites, and I was just like wow, now I don't have to worry, I could eat some of that casserole or brownies or whatever..and not worry about the calories..awesome! Very Happy

(the most difficult part for me on this diet, has been not being able to snack throughout the day..and getting through each day emotionally..I am a binge eater when I'm very sad or very happy!) :-(
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm

I understand completely... I'm a binger too, I would binge if I was upset or celebrating or bored or whatever so I know you understand that vicious cycle. So you are already doing great! its one day at a time for sure Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty ...

Post  Peekachu82 Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:25 am

For dinner I had 3 bites of golden grahms cereal & 2 bites chex muddy buddies..and I want so badly to have 5 more bowls of golden grahms! :-(
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty Day #10!

Post  Peekachu82 Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Wow, I can't believe I've actually stuck with this for so long! Very Happy (well, for me..lol..it's a long time!)

I wanted to binge last night so bad, but didn't..I just went to bed and curled up in a ball..I don't know how everyone else is sleeping..but I'm still tossing & turning..

Nervous & anxious for my weigh in Friday! My next goal is to make it to 139 lbs. but that might take a couple weeks!
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:09 pm

You are doing great! It's all mind over matter(stomach, in this situation) It's like any addiction that you are trying to break. Your brain is signaling to your body that you need the amont of food that it's used to. After awhile the brain gets it and stops sending out the signals. It seems as though your are suffering mild withdrawl symptoms. All of that (as miserable as it is) will lesson and then simply go away. That is when you will start to realize you're no longer craving the sweets and the bad carbs. Very Happy this diet really becomes more of a way of life than a "diet" If we do this properly then we will never have to diet again-just maintain, YAY!!!! cheers
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty Question!

Post  Peekachu82 Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Thanks Jesabelle! Very Happy

I have a question for everybody..this diet has been very difficult for me..challenging to say the least..I'm always hungry..but, I chose this diet because I thought you were supposed to lose very quickly on this! Like 20 lbs. in 3 wks.! From everything the Dr. has said, etc. (I mean, I'd be fine with 20 lbs. in a month!)

Don't people who exercise every day and get like 1,000 cals. lose 1-2 lbs. a week? That's not that much to me, I mean, weight loss is weight loss..but I wanted to get this over with sooner than later..and according to the 5 Bite, what I saw on YouTube, I thought we could lose quicker on this..if I start only losing 1-2 lbs. a week, why not just just get to eat more, & exercise? (even though I hate exercise!) :-/ Just wondering....
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm

Thats a valid question for sure and I wonder that at times myself.. I think for the very obese (and probably male) the 20 lbs in 3-4 weeks is totally doable but definitely not for me.. my first week I lost 5 lbs but 2 lbs is about my max since then and I've only seen that a couple times. So yeah, if you did about 1000-1200 cals and worked out daily to create a deficit you'd probably lose the same but at least one pro I can say is with this there is no tedious calorie counting and exercise is optional Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty ?

Post  Peekachu82 Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:58 pm

So..I'm not sure if this diet is going to work out.. :-/ I am seriously upset. I had a binge day yesterday..I was just so hungry and stressed out..so, I went ahead & weighed myself this morning just to see where I am..well, you know how on, I think, Sunday, I was down to 149.something..well, because of yesterday, this morning I'm at 151.4 or .6..and I can't believe that my painfullly hard work Sun., Mon., & Tues. has been wasted! 3 days! Just because of yesterday. I'm so upset..this is ridiculous..yes, I hate counting calories..but when I was eating 500 cals. or less, restricting that way..there were plus sides..exercise was optional, I was losing 4-5 lbs. a week..and I could snack/eat whenever I wanted throughout the day.. :-/ ...I thought 5 Bite was supposed to be quick..and fast..lose a lot of weight quickly..yeah, my first week I did do good..but I can see it definately slows down! I don't know..maybe I should give it another chance? I'm just having such a hard time! Sad
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:43 pm

that gain you are seeing today is NOT fat.. it's water retention from the excess sodium etc that was part of the binge, it will come off in no time. But I think if this diet is stressing you out this much and you'd rather count calories etc then you have to do what is best for you physically AND emotionally. So I would definitely get a piece of paper and have a column for Pros and Cons and list them out for this diet and other diets and see what falls where then make your decision. We know not every diet is made for everyone, just because it's working for me or someone else does not mean it will work for you etc, you gotta find the diet that fits your needs. So hang in there, I'll support you no matter what Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm

very well said. Diets are supposed to be for whatever you need to get the job done. Everyone has different strategies, its all about what works for the individual. Also- i had a semi bad day too!!!! its okay. its not ideal but it happens sometimes. You have to just kinda go with it, learn what got you out of control and find a different coping mechanism. If you want to try something else, or a different diet then thats cool too- you are still on a weight loss journey, makes no difference at all which one!!! I guarantee you did not gain weight tho, its the weight of 1- the food that is still up in there, 2- water from trying to digest the food!
its okay girlie!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 3 Empty this diet IS fast

Post  Snow White Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:47 am

You can't binge on this diet and still lose weight...we have figured out the the 5 bites is 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon. Are your 5 bites as small as that? I mean that is dreadfully small. If you can manage with that little bit of food, you should lose 30 pounds a month like Dr. Lewis talks about in his book. One really great thing about this diet is that it retrains your brain to not want to eat food all day like you were talking about...because eventually if you are used to those high volumes of low cal food, you will switch over to higher calorie food eventually. Either way it is going to take some time. We are all here to support you and stand with you. We all have slips and it's what you do after a slip that matters. You can do this!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3