5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going strict

4 posters

Go down

Going strict Empty Going strict

Post  Arya Wed May 21, 2014 4:34 am

So, today is day 3 of my water fast, and I just can't take the tiredness anymore. The hunger is gone however, but this week I have 2 appointments (1 of which is getting a new crown at the dentist) so I decided to go on the five bite diet...however, instead of having 2 snicker bars per day, my plan is to have 1 per day (half for lunch, half for dinner). Tonight I had 1/2 a snickers for dinner and the energy is amazing. I was able to go to the store without hanging onto a shopping cart lol. This is my second time doing the Five Bite, so I know this works. Even though Dr. Lewis is against exercising, I'm in a bit of a race with the calender at the moment so each day my plan is to (at the very least) walk, and the increase in hunger (because of the exercise) be damned. Eating just 250 calories a day isn't much, it may as well be a water fast, however the awesome difference is the energy I now have back. I'm praying the weight will literally fall off of me. If I had the determination to successfully complete a 3-day water fast, this should be no problem.
Wish me luck Smile

Arya

Back to top Go down

Going strict Empty Re: Going strict

Post  dotygal Wed May 21, 2014 1:02 pm

You can do anything you set your mind to!! Are you taking your multivitamin? That may help with the tiredness.

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 Wed May 21, 2014 2:11 pm

Way to go, Arya!!!.. I applaud your decision to exercise... I happen to disagree with Dr. Lewis about exercise making us hungry... I think it makes us thirsty, & many, many times people mistake thirst for hunger... we just know we want something in our stomach & have trouble knowing that something should be water instead of food...

So, go for it...  bounce 

Best of luck...........

Fleming..........

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Wed May 21, 2014 4:28 pm

I have to disagree. Lifting weights does make you more hungry. Ask any weight lifter. That's why it is recommended to have a protein shake or some fast carbs ( dextrose) right after.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Fleming426 Wed May 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Daani wrote:I have to disagree. Lifting weights does make you more hungry. Ask any weight lifter. That's why it is recommended to have a protein shake or some fast carbs ( dextrose) right after.

If you're pumping iron properly, you will damage muscle tissue, & that requires you eat soon after... THAT is why it is recommended to have a protein shake &/or some fast carbs within an hour of lifting weights... to replenish & rebuild muscle... NOT because of hunger... but most people can talk themselves into anything...

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Post  Arya Wed May 21, 2014 7:05 pm

Yeah I don't want to do any weight lifting. I can work on toning once I'm in the maintenance phase. For now it's just ignoring the cravings and hunger. What really helps me personally is, if I'm craving say a burger, I grab a handful of body fat and tell myself (or my body), "There. There's your burger. Enjoy." LOL. At 160, I have plenty of 'burgers' on my frame so there's no excuse for cravings or hunger!

Fleming, you just might be on to something. I know in the past whenever I've walked 5mi. or so, it's easier for me to justify over-eating because I worked off so much, so I "deserve" it (it's a trap!).

Arya

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Wed May 21, 2014 9:30 pm

@ Fleming
Since this forum is for the 5bite diet I will not get into actions and reactions about weight lifting. If you want to get into a discussion with someone who does this professionally go to bodybuilding.com and there you will learn.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down