5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenny's Daily Journal

+12
starbucks addict
LemonLime
darkshines
kitty
Shawn
3jaysmom
teaismyhappyplace
Koko
Dani
rachee08
Phil
Jenny P.
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty :) Thanks Koko

Post  Jenny P. Wed May 05, 2010 2:03 am

I think its good to be optimistic too. I actually haven't weighed myself since the binge, too scared. But I've stayed on track really well today so I will probably weigh myself tomorrow morning. Even one lb is progress right? Way to go. Next week will be even better.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty keep it going!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 05, 2010 2:45 am

yes absolutely one pound is progress!!!! man, if i see 0.5 loss im like well its in the right direction Very Happy
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Jenny's Daily Journal

Post  3jaysmom Wed May 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Jenny, EVERY pound is progress! Scince doing this diet, I've noticed a pattern with myself- I am perfect for a week, then I drop it for a week, it goes back and forth............but........I've noticed that when I go "off" I certainly don't eat as much as before, maybe half as much (still alot though!)
and I gain a few here and there, but, when I notice my magic number (4 lbs) I go back to a perfect 5bite week. Then I lose 10 (4 of wich I gained the week before) so I come out with 6, and it starts all over again!! Not perfect, and I certainly didn't plan it like that, but, I've lost and kept the 20 pounds off for about 2 months.

Maybe you should "plan" a few cheat days in so you dont get upset at yourself for doing it. Like when you go out with your friends, know you will have maybe 15 bites, (and even a margarita or two!!) and just enjoy yourself, and ust go back to 5 bites for the next meal. You will still lose weight in the long run. Very Happy You can do it, you've done great so far!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Thats really good advice. :)

Post  Jenny P. Wed May 05, 2010 8:50 pm

Thanks 3jaysmom, thats good advice. I have a very similiar pattern. I am having Margarittas tonight for cinquo de mayo and then I'm back on strict! But I think that every ten lbs or so I will reward myself with a night out! Then I will have something to work towards and I won't be totally deprived.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty May 6

Post  Jenny P. Thu May 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Cynquo de Mayo was fun...but I didn't lose.

I'm maintaining at about 188.

I don't have much to write about...so I'll be back in a few days to let you know how the weekend goes and if I have lost anything.

Keep on biting!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Saturday May 8th

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 09, 2010 2:57 am

So, I think I have my hunger back under control! Yay!

For breakfast I had coffee with Splenda and soy and then I had another coffee Smile
Then for lunch I had five bites of salad that had lettuce, peas, mushrooms and carrots.
I had some green tea for a snack.
For dinner I had three bites of 98% fat free thin sliced turkey on Melba toast and two bites of apple, it was really good, and I am full and I only had about 500 calories today! Oh yeah! Plus some green tea. Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sun May 09, 2010 6:13 am

That's Great Jenny Very Happy

stupid question can you get Melba toast from anywhere?

I haven't been able to find it in Australia :S
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 09, 2010 4:19 pm

I don't know Phil. There is only one place in my home town where its sold. There is a grocery store here thats mostly organic and health food stuff. But melba toast is like toast, its bigger than a cracker but one slice is only 20 calories and when its loaded with stuff, it makes about three bites and then I have some fruit or a vegetable. (Mini food is so fun.) But anyways Melba toast has a great flavor and some times I put cream cheese and turkey on it or nuttella and bannana slices.
But I don't know where its sold in Australia. Do you have Safeway stores there, sometimes they have it. Or Rausaurs but those might only be in North America. If you grocery store has a specialty section, like organic and kosher, look there.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Mother's Day

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 10, 2010 1:04 am

Today was fun but I totally ate too much. Back on the wagon tomorrow. Bleh.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon May 10, 2010 4:17 am

I'll try safe way Very Happy thanks... Sounds good tho Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 10, 2010 4:27 am

Oh they are. I love exchanging food ideas. You know what's not a good idea. A whole bunch of pigs in blankets. I'm too full, don't do it.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty back on track

Post  Shawn Mon May 10, 2010 9:18 am

I went off the diet yesterday too. 3 snickers bars, a glass of wine
and a 5 bite meal. Ugh. I gained back 2 lbs of the 5 that I lost.

Back on the diet today......just tea with stevia for breakfast.

You too Jenny P???

Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 pm

Yep, me too. I'm going to try and be 'perfect' for the whole work week.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty May Tenth

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 11, 2010 3:40 am

I did a little better today.
I had coffee for breakfast and green tea for lunch. Then this afternoon I ran two miles. For dinner I had a slice of fat free turkey and some healthy pop popcorn.
Hunger did okay and I felt pretty good after the exercise. I'm going to keep this up all week and the I will see how the weigh in does at the end of the week.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 11, 2010 1:10 pm

goooooood
keep going jenny, remember baby steps.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 11, 2010 2:15 pm

Ha Ha Ha after I wrote this I had some of my husbannds chicken pot pie, but it wasn't a huge biggie. Today I am going to have green tea all day, plenty of water, go running and then I'm going to keep my five bites to fruit.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu May 13, 2010 11:50 pm

Sorry I haven't been on in a while. I haven't been doing so great. I did really well for a few days this week and I got down to 184! yay! But I have gone a little crazy. I ate a huge dinner last night which has made me very hungry today. Bleh. but at least I have been excercising. Tomorrow morning I am going to run again. I think I am going to start doing what Tea is doing. I'm going to have a few bites for breakfast and for lunch and dinner do like 7 or 8 bites. Because lately for me its been all or nothing, but when I don't stick to it I go wayyyyy off.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty May 22nd

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 23, 2010 6:43 am

Hey Everyone. I've missed you all. I have still checked back periodically and read some of everyone's posts but I haven't written in a while. Nor have I been faithful to the diet. I have had quite the week though.
Maybe I will tell you a little about it. Well leading up to it.... I had only been able to stick to the diet a few days at a time although I lost about ten lbs in three weeks (if only I could have stuck to the five bites it would have gone better, although I have managed to maintain the weight loss)
Anyways... I have been feeling like a failure...then you won't believe what happened! I ran into an ex boyfriend ( I weighed 40 lbs less when we dated) and he asked when I was due (Yah! as in like.. when is my baby due!)!!!!! I am so NOT pregnant, have never been and don't plan on it any time soon!!! I wanted TO DIE! To crawl into a whole and die! Then get this, I got the flue! So I have been moping in my bathrobe eating everything in sight, high on cold medicine and not wanting to go in public because I might run into someone from highschool. Low Point. Low Point.

What am I going to do? I haven't been in such a bad place in a while. I really need to get back on the wagon! I need the structure to regain my sanity! I want to be healthy! I want to be fit! I want to run into people from my past and have them be jeolous! Bleh, I want to be back.

So tomorrow I begin again! I am going to read the book tonight. Watch the video interview. I am going to stick to the five bites tomorrow, lots of water and tea! I feel a renewed sense of vigor! I just need to tell myself "5 bites, 5 bites, 5 bites".

Also Tea, I love reading your Journal, it's really inspirational! I am planning on reporting back here everyday to keep me on track. Smile Wish me luck guys. I really hope I can come back from this week.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 23, 2010 6:46 am

Also guys on my team. I am a lousy team captain, I appologize a million times over but don't abandon me. I will work hard and you guys wont be sorry Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Sun May 23, 2010 9:11 am

Jenny, you are NOT a lousy teamcaptain. You are a great captain cheers !!!!!

Your post sounds horrible - i hope you are feeling better again now. I think I understand how you feel. I gained about 40 lbs while being abroad and it's terrible to see all those people again, who only knew you thin. And even if they compliment me ... all i can hear is "gosh, u gained a ton of weight" "you look fat" .... It sucks. But we know a way out of this. LET'S MAKE THEM JEALOUS !!

Keep your head up!!! I know it's hard not to get demotivated, but sometimes you just need to kick your own booty to get back on track.

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun May 23, 2010 3:17 pm

jenny i so bad want to just give u a huge hug. that really sucks. BUT, just to put it in perspective i will give u a funny story:

- i went to the OBGYN for the first time ever, and i brought my mom with me for emotional support. We're in the waiting room filling out the paper work and this RIDICULOUS woman sits next to me and starts talking. After 2-3 minutes of mindless chatter she goes OMG BUT UR SO YOUNG TO HAVE UR FIRST KID! and im HORRIFIED.

now granted i was NOT chubby, but i was wearing a babydoll shirt that makes me look a little heavy - but its comfy so i dont care and a wear it anyway- my mom goes "no no shes not pregnant" and laughs it off to keep my temper in check.

and im like "omg no im not pregnant crazy person, relax" and my face was like Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 2 Icon_eek ,

she's like do do doo "oh okay" -- mindless chatter for another 2 minutes---- and she asks my mom if im her kid, and my mother is like like yeah she's my second baby (shes like 53 but she does NOT look over 40, and i was 23 at the time). and the woman immediately goes to me, WAIT, UR WAY TO YOUNG TO BE ON UR SECOND KID!!!! and i almost slapped her, and i went home and my little brother said i looked 3 months along in that top--- so now the top is in the trash.... the end.

---- i was so upset, like who are these people to make assumptions and judge and then just apply labels. even if i was pregnant, why would i want to talk about it with this crazy person? ugh. Jenny forget them, i know it sucks that u gained the weight and to meet up with an ex. BUT once u lose the weight again and u have urself under control, ur going to be hotter cuz ur going to have more confidence. and EVERYONE knows that confidence is the sexiest thing u can possess.

hope that gave u a giggle.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 23, 2010 5:21 pm

Thank you soooo much Tea and Kitty. You guys are the best! Tea thank you for your story. I feel better. Kitty, you are right, I just need to kick my own Booty! So, I'm back with new resolve. Soon this week will just be a bad memory and hopefully I can learn from it. Plus the anger is a great motivator. Smile But I refuse to wallow in self pitty any more. I think I will throw myself into this and focus on the diet team challenge.

But once again THANK YOU! Your support means SOOOO much to me.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 2:43 am

Ha! I am back! I had a perfect 5 bite day. I am hungry but thats okay, it will pass.
Breakfast: Multi vitamin and coffee
Lunch: 5 bites of burger (I had BBQ with my family after church. I only took half a burger, I actually counted how many times food went into my mouth and I threw the last couple bites away!!!! I wasn't satiated for sure but I was euphoric over the control I had.)
Same with dinner: 5 bites of pizza at a social function and that was it! I had water all day and I am about to make some tea to fill my tummy before I go to bed. But what a great day! I feel triumphant after the last week I had.

I am determined to eat like no one else now so that I can live like no one else later. Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 2:32 pm

I really don't want to waste my perfect day yesterday so I am full of focus for today. I was happy about my weigh in today and the competition is under way. I am nervous to put goals and weigh myself every day but I am hoping to be below 180 by the end of the week. I think I can do it if I behave perfectly.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Mon May 24, 2010 2:59 pm

You can do it! We are gonna make our team proud Very Happy

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down