5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa's daily journal

5 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Lisa's daily journal Empty Lisa's daily journal

Post  Lisa Mon May 10, 2010 11:40 pm

I'm starting one of these journals for accountability's sake!

Doing ok today. I had a snickers bar for lunch and a small bowl of spaghetti with meat sauce for supper. The spaghetti was around 8 bites. I was all prepared to take 5 bites and throw the rest away and my roommate walked in. We had supper together, which was great, but I did have more than 5 bites while we chatted. Lucky I served myself a small portion. Tomorrow will be better!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Lisa's daily journal Empty Re: Lisa's daily journal

Post  Lisa Wed May 12, 2010 12:39 am

Second day. Had a good 5 bite lunch and then overate a bit at dinner but not because I was hungry at all! I just wanted to eat for comfort!

Anyway, I had 10 bites at supper, and then had a piece of cinnamon bread (~100 calories). Not a totally wasted day, but still... I feel slightly overfull too, and am eager to stick to 5 and 5 tomorrow.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Lisa's daily journal Empty a great start!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 12, 2010 2:12 pm

hey stick to it, from what im sure u've read on here, 3 days is really the hill u have to get over. im at about 2 weeks now and i really dont feel hungry at ALL. i eat cuz i know that i need to put something in my body, but other than that i think the hungry little beast that i kept feeding in my stomach has learned that its losing the battle. Razz

keep tough, just remember one day at a time and thats all u have to do.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu May 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Thanks for the note, Tea! I've been watching your progress, and it's very inspiring!

Yesterday was a bad day. I only had a 5 bite lunch and 5 bite dinner, but I snacked as well. So I had far too much.

Today I actually worked straight through lunch and skipped it completely! However, when I got home I landed in a pile of spaghetti with meat sauce. I had about 9 bites of that, and then had 3 bites of a granola bar. OK for a whole day's intake. NOT OK for supper!

Tomorrow is another day! And from tomorrow at noon until Monday the 24th I'll be totally on my own as far as what I eat, which could be good, or could be horribly bad! I'm just going to take it one day at a time...

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Lisa's daily journal Empty exactly!!!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu May 13, 2010 10:43 pm

that was really sweet, im glad i could motivate u!!

u can totally do this!
Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun May 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Well the weekend certainly has been horrible, diet wise. I'm not eating any more tonight and will be back in the saddle tomorrow!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:37 pm

Haven't been on here in forever. As I'm sure you can guess, I haven't stuck to the diet very well. I've had days where I'm great, and weeks where I talk myself out of dieting and undo my progress. I have been weighing myself lately, and I'm at about 116 right now ( though after yesterday and today I'm probably up somewhat). Ultimately I want to be about 105 ( maybe less), but I'm setting a starting goal of 110. I have a trip to Boston next Friday, and then Saturday is my boyfriend's birthday, and Sunday is the 4th, with a party to attend. I think if I stick to the diet through the rest of today and all this week, I'll be able to be near or at my goal in time for the concert.

Since I have a lot of social obligations which center around food (i.e. lunches, happy hour), I'm going to say that when I can't keep it to five bites I at least stay under 200 calories.

Anyway, here goes nothing!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:37 pm

The weekend went terribly, so I decided to do a total fast yesterday (Monday) to reset myself. At about 5:30 I had a special k bar which is about 4 bites. So not a total fast, but a good day nonetheless.

Alas, I stepped on the scale this morning to see a 119, so I'm not even down to what I was on Friday, before the bingefest weekend. I'm sure some of it is water weight, but I really thought after eating almost nothing I'd be lower. So today I'm going to attempt another fast, and see what the scales show me tomorrow.

Edited to add:
Well I've had 16 bites for lunch, and a total of 420 calories. I'm not having anything for supper, and will make tomorrow a fast instead.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:18 pm

I've been five biting and then bingeing, undoing any progress. I keep getting to 116 only to end up back at 120 (like today).

I'm going on a beach vacation in early September, and I really want to be under 105 at that point. If I'm 120 today (and some of that is water weight due to salt yesterday), I think I can make it.

I'm so annoyed with myself. I've been skipping lunches with my coworkers so I could follow the diet, and then cheating on it. I'm no thinner, and now I have no relationship with the people at my new job to boot!

I think at this point I just need to really start the diet, stick to it like glue, and finish it as fast as possible. I am making 6 pound mini-goals. My first is 114, which I hope to hit next Friday.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 pm

read my blog- honestly binging and fasting is a mess and a half and u WONT lose any weight, u just hover between 2-3 lbs and u feel gross from eating so much and then eating nothing...

5 bites- u lose weight MUCH faster. i dont care if u spent the whole day before eating nothing my cheese, chicken, bread and olive oil. Next day dont fast, just eat 5 bites for lunch and again at dinner. if u really feel the need to "reset" eat healthy stuff with SUPER fiber and empty ur system. otherwise u just put on weight and lose it in water etc etc till u get frustrated and u spend SO much time in the same weight range and getting obsessive.

u can do this. u dont need to reset. If u feed ur body twice a day on a small amt of food u maintain ur metabolism and u will lose MUCH MUCH faster.
Trust me
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:42 pm

You're absolutely right. Thanks for the encouragement!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:16 pm

I seem to finally have gotten the nerve to start over clean. Yesterday I had a perfect 5 bite lunch, and a perfect 5 bites "supper". My lunch was 5 bites of turkey breast and stuffing at about 1:30PM. At 4:30 I ate 5 bites of brownie, which became my supper, since I didn't touch anything else afterward! I'm noticing today that I'm craving salty, savory foods, which is funny because I'm an ardent sweet tooth.

My goal for the day is to maintain my adherence but move my meals a bit further apart. My weight today was 120, my goal for next Tuesday is 114.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:00 pm

You can do it! I always find that once I can get that "first day" of 2 5bite meals, its a breeze. Did you read Tea's journal? She was in the binge-fast cycle for quite a while. I think it's an easy thing to creep up on you, "cheating" and then "paying for it". Good luck! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Aug 04, 2010 1:34 am

Thanks 3jaysmom, good luck to you too!

Today was ok. I had a five bite lunch at 12:00 on the dot, I was so hungry. Then I had five bites at 3:30, and though that would be my supper. I had a few grapes and some chocolate chips later in the day, so I failed at a perfect five and five.

On the other hand, I've got that shaky light-headed feeling, so I know I'm burning fat at this point. Need to hang on and meet my goal for next Tuesday!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:33 pm

Remember, it wasn't a fail, it just wasn't perfect. So, B+ for the day, lol.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:06 pm

Well if Tuesday was a B+, yesterday was more like a D-. Everything looked good at lunch, I grabbed a snickers bar and took 5 bites, then threw the rest away. But then I left work and headed to my parents' house, which is an environment in which I compulsively snack. While there I snacked, but counted my bites.. all the way up to dinner. Then I had a little and took some leftovers. At that point I would have been well over 5 bites, but not too bad.

I must confess though, I fell into a little bit of all or nothing thinking. Once I got home I had some more bites of leftovers, and had a cookie. But I did not binge!

On a good note, I was remarkably full after all of this, and actually felt quite sick. So while today may be a struggle, at least I have a deterrent!

I really want to get through three days of this. Tomorrow we're bringing our summer intern out for lunch since it's her last day. Not sure quite how I'm going to five bite in that meal. And then Saturday is my youngest sister's 21st birthday, so that's going to be hard too!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:04 am

Wow, so August went by fast! I got to take a surprise last minute vacation in mid-August, much needed, much appreciated!

I see a lot of people back on the message boards now that summer is over, so I'll pop back in as well.

I've been having good spurts on the diet, and then falling off the wagon. My adherence usually lasts two days, tops, and then somewhere on the third day I veer off the path. So I'm making tomorrow yet another Day 1, and then my Day 3 will fall on a Tuesday, which should be busy, and keep me in line!

On a personal note, I ended a very long term relationship last weekend, and while I would love to use this as an excuse to wallow in Ben and Jerry's ice cream, I should really use it as motivation instead to get fit and fabulous so I feel fantastic!

Much luck to all, I'll keep updating here.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:11 pm

im so sorry about ur relationship!!! but ur a billion % right. Use this as a time to make ureself fabulous. It really helps when this forum is buzzing with activity, and i think people are kinda coming off their vacations (and buying new fall clothes) and feeling like this is a great time to perk themselves up. Think about it this way- u got out of a relationship that was focused around the old you, now take this time without commitment to form a new you- a better more bright you that you love to see the reflection of. This diet seriously works, stick with it, once u start seeing the lbs come off on the scale, thats motivation to keep going, even if u dont see results immediately sometimes seeing the number is a huge motivator to keep the energy up for this.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:42 am

How stupid of me! I was rolling through the day doing absolutely fine, intending to leave my parents' house before supper, and then my mom surprised me by making food early. So I thought, no biggie, I'll just have a little extra today (already had eaten my 10 bites). Next thing I know I've inhaled rice, mac and cheese, chicken breast...

So much for starting again today!

Monday's as good a day as any, I'll have my game face on (and be at work, easier than being home).

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:27 am

Lisa... Don't worry about it Smile i restarted today too... but i truly envy those that are able to stick with it for a while... because it really does work.... i've started reading the book again in the hopes that It will motivate me!

Keep fighting and don't give up Very Happy

Good Luck!
Phil
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks Phil!

Well, today was better... I actually skipped lunch completely.

For supper I had too much: 4 bites of my sandwich, 3 "bites" of soup, 5 bites of bread, and 1 bite of potato chips (we went to Panera Bread). They were somewhat big bites, so 13 bites total for the day. Could be better, could be much worse! And this way I get lots of leftovers.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Today was a dud, I had 5 bites at lunch and then about 15 more in the ensuing hours... AND an apple. Anyway, no supper for me tonight, fresh start tomorrow.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Hey even tho it wasnt sticking to the diet, its still not horrible. Ur stomach is still small and u have given urself the small pleasure of eating a little more today. Sometimes that ups ur metabolism too so little kicks could be helpful- its a concept used in "calorie shifting" type diets. They eat like 1000 calories one day, then 1500 the next, and then 800 the following. This diet isnt perfect, but ur well on the way!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 am

Yeah, I did the same thing today.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:39 am

Jenny, it's nice to know I'm not alone! Better luck tomorrow!

Tea, you're right as usual. I actually used to do Johnson Up Day Down Day Diet, which was awesome, but doesn't boast the quick weight loss of this plan (if I would actually stick to it). That's what I always think of to console myself with a failed day, since it would have been a successful "up day", as long as it's followed and preceded by a "down day".

So I stuck to my word and had no supper - woohoo! Instead I headed over to the gym, and ran/walked on the treadmill for a half hour. I feel back in the game!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next