5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

XMAS CHALLENGE!!!

+13
amu82
ewhetstone
Jenny P.
Sherri417
insanity
shnookie
TheOtherTwin
AttackPenguin
Jesabelle
LLJames
Dmac
spryng
kizzykay
17 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: XMAS CHALLENGE!!!

Post  shnookie Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:24 am

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well

B- 5 bites peanuts
L- 5 bites chicken
D- 5 bites milk tart
shnookie
shnookie

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Spryng, thanks for the support! Still staying strong.

Yesterday
B coffee w creamer
L 2 bites greek yogurt, 3 bites apple
d 2 bites greek yogurt, 2 bites celery w blue cheese dressing, 1 bite almond butter

45 min cardio (treadmill, bike)

Walk 20 min
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 am

Insanity are you feeling hungry? I would be ravenous if I was only eating yogurt with fruit or veggies especially if I was working out too! So be careful, if you are hungry add more protein for sure Smile

Today has been good! Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow!

B-nothing
L- 5 bites taco bueno burrito
D- 5 bite KFC bowl

Got some xmas shopping done today so I feel productive Smile Can't wait until tomorrow!

44 Days until Xmas!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:13 am

B-nothing
L-5 bites steak, spinach, mushroom stirfry
D-5 bites greek yougurt with bluberries

Just felt like I needed some fruit today Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:45 am

Today was pretty ez the only difficult time was I worked late so I thought my family would have already eaten so I grabbed a Snickers frum the candy machine right after I ate it my wife called and asked if I'd pick up dinner frum McDonald's on me way home but it wasn't all that bad just smelled super good.
L1 bite macaroni salad 1 bite cookie 3 bites spicy dog. Was a BBQ at work was cool nobody noticed that I only had five bites
And the Snickers I had for dinner was an almond one
today being ez is extra good because its Friday and they can be extra difficult hope everyone has a great five bite weekend lets stay focused
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:41 pm

That bis great Dmac!

My weigh in.... down 1.4 this week! So I hit my heathy BMI of 24, woo hoo!!! Milestones! More info posted in my journal.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:46 pm

My weight is down to 181, so I'm off to a good start.

Spryng - I have been pretty hungry, but I find the Greek yogurt pretty filling. If I cut back even just enough to actually lose weight, I'm hungry all the time anyway. I had some higher-calorie foods yesterday and it didn't seem to make much difference.

Yesterday's food:
B - Coke Zero
L - 5 bites Chick-Fil-A Spicy Chicken sandwich w/ mayo
Snack - grande (medium) Skinny Mocha from Starbucks
D - 5 bites brown rice w/ margarine, garlic powder, and fresh orange pepper (yummy!)

Karate - 1.5 hrs
I made it through Day 3 ok, but my karate workout was tough. I had lunch earlier than usual, around 11am, instead of the usual 1:30pm or 2pm, since we were out shopping and just picked up something to eat. I think delaying lunch works better for me.

Way to go everyone!!! We're doing great.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:13 am

Congratulations insanity that's great today hasn't ben to bad for a Saturday my family was snaking so I had to getaway for a few minutes to get my head off eating the stuff they wer having but then I was ok just went and raked leaves
L 2 bites mcdubble 2 bites donut1 bite popcorn
D 2 bites donut 2 bites chex muddy buddies 1 bite gardettos
hopefully everyone's weekend is going good
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:31 am

B-Coffee with heated skim milk
L-5 bites pepperoni pizza
D-5 bites steak and garlic mashed potato

Didn't work out today but did work in the backyard for a few hours. My weigh in is on Monday-I hope that I have finally lost some more weight Neutral
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Dmac, thanks! Good idea to get away from the snacking.

Jesabelle, I'm sure working outside burns a lot of calories.

We spent yesterday working on the house: shopping @home depot, painting, I did a lot of cleaning. Close call last night, hubby wanted to get wings and pizza. I seriously considered throwing in the towel for the night and eating half a pizza, but I'm happy that I didn't. Hubby got his hot wings and I got. A small steak stromboli. He finished the rest that I didn't fi nish.

B -coke zero, coffee
L - 3 bites brown rice mix from yesterday, 2 bites bosc pear
D - 5 bites steak stromboli
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:00 am

Today has ben difficult but I got my weigh in tomorrow and I stuck to my 5n5 just happy I haven't given in hopefully tomorrow is better but other than cravings driving me nuts its ben a awesome Sunday
L1 bite fry 4 bites burger
D1 bite spaghetti 4 bites chicken
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:56 am

B-coffee with skim milk
L-5 bites Greek yogurt with blueberries
D-5 bites beef and wine pot pie.

Don't know if I'm looking forward to my weigh in. I really want to see a weight loss, so I think ill be heartbroken if my weight is the same.
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 3 Empty I'm up for the challenge, too! ;)

Post  Sherri417 Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:00 pm

I'm in!!!!!! Smile

Sherri
Sherri417
Sherri417

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:13 pm

Welcome to the challenge sherry how much do u want to loose? Today's my weigh in day so
Today's weight 168.8
Last weigh in was 171.2 so only a loss of. 2.4 in the last 10 days but if I stick to the plan 100% I think I'll have a good # next week just gota stick to it. And its a loss so I'm good with it Very Happy

Last edited by Dmac on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:01 pm

yea!!! I weighed in this morning at 137. I have lost 2 lbs finally. That makes my total weight loss at 13 lbs!!!!!! Not bad for being on the diet for 25 days. cheers Looking forward to next Mondays weigh in and the final Xmas weigh in. Hopefully I will be wearing my skinny jeans !!!!!
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:39 pm

Dmac - Nice job resisting the cravings over the weekend! I know that is so tough. And you had a decent loss, too.

Jesabelle - Great to see a loss! I'm sure you'll get in those skinny jeans in no time.

Sherri - Welcome to the challenge!

Weight yesterday was 180, today it was around 179.5. I'm down from 183 lbs last Thursday. I'm pleased with my loss, 3+ lbs in 5 days.

Yesterday morning, while working on the house, I was feeling a bit dizzy and light-headed, mostly when I stood up after kneeling down while working on the house. I ate slightly more than 5 bites for each meal, but I was pretty close to 5 Bite, so I'm not upset.

B - Coke Zero, Coffee w/creamer
L - Campbells Select Chicken Soup - ate the whole can, 220 calories
D - 6 bites mixture of angel hair pasta + margarine + parmesan + fresh orange pepper
Powerade Zero

Worked around the house all day
Body Sculpting video, whole body with light weights ~ 1.5 hrs

Today so far:
B - Coke Zero, Coffee w/creamer
L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 3 bites apple
Walk - 15 min

Planned evening:
D - 5 bites brown rice mixture (with garlic, margarine, fresh orange pepper)
Yoga - 1 hr
Tai Chi - 1 hr
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:40 pm

Today has been great!

B- nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and stuffing casserole
D- 5 bites spaghetti and garlic bread

So I only work 4 days this week then I'm off for 10 days, I'm so ready! I hope this week flies by! I'm hitting the treadmill extra hard to gear up for thanksgiving.. nervous about my parents being here a week. Sigh.. I just can't wait until January and we are past all these holidays centered around food, LOL

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to the challenge, Sherri

Post  Sherri417 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:32 am

Thanks! I just hopped on the scale at work today (I work as a diet coach - LOL!), and I'm back up to 142, from 127 in the summer! I'm 5'5", so I'd like to get down to about 115, or as Dr. Lewis recommends, 111. I have a small frame, so I may be able to pull that off...

Today I ate two protein bars (different flavours) - one for lunch and another for a late dinner (since I'll be fasting until lunch tomorrow), and since I can't do the black coffee thing, a few coffees with Splenda and Coffee Mate. I felt a little hungry, but nothing major. I'm liking this, already!
Sherri417
Sherri417

Back to top Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 3 Empty 25 days?!?!?

Post  Sherri417 Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:41 am

Jesabelle wrote:yea!!! I weighed in this morning at 137. I have lost 2 lbs finally. That makes my total weight loss at 13 lbs!!!!!! Not bad for being on the diet for 25 days. cheers Looking forward to next Mondays weigh in and the final Xmas weigh in. Hopefully I will be wearing my skinny jeans !!!!!

That rocks, Jesabelle!!!!!! Only 25 days, and you're down 13 pounds!!!! Yay! You just became my main motivator! Wink

Sher
Sherri417
Sherri417

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:14 am

Today I thought was going to be difficult because I was expecting more than a couple lbs lost.because I lost good inches but it was really ez today I started looking at the beginning of the challenge I was at 175.6 so almost 7 lbs in 14 days and under 169 my phone app says I'm normal instead of overweight bmi under 25 its nice to see it say normal again
L 5 bites corn dog
D peanut butter Snickers
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:12 am

B-Coffee
L-yogurt with blueberries
D-3 bites chicken nuggets 2 bites oven baked sweet potato fries.

Sherri-You sound a bit like me. I was about 130 in March and from that point on until I started the 5 bite I hit 150. I never hit 150 even when I was pregnant. Crying or Very sad I tried one diet about 3 years ago just to lose a few lbs and it completley restricted my salt and sugar intake, as in no salt even as a spice. That was horrible...I knew within 2 weeks I would never be able to keep it up as it was one of those diets that said it wasn't a diet, but a lifestyle. I don't know who would want to live a lifestyle eating bland food.

Dmac-Congrats on the normal BMI cheers You are doing a fantastic job. I love your menu today. I think I'm going to get a peanut butter snickers tomorrow for lunch. I am craving something rich and chocolatey bounce

Spryng-good luck with your parents. I'm sure once mom sees how great you look she wont try the food game with you. However, if she does just take your bites slowly and then play with your food for a bit before claiming that it was delicious and you're full Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks jesabelle the peanut butter Snickers was way good. today has ben good bizzy at work but I like it that way
L 5 bites sonic Burger.
D 5 bites chicken fingers
9 day to Thanksgiving
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

XMAS CHALLENGE!!! - Page 3 Empty Other diets

Post  Sherri417 Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:58 am

Sherri-You sound a bit like me. I was about 130 in March and from that point on until I started the 5 bite I hit 150. I never hit 150 even when I was pregnant. Crying or Very sad I tried one diet about 3 years ago just to lose a few lbs and it completley restricted my salt and sugar intake, as in no salt even as a spice. That was horrible...I knew within 2 weeks I would never be able to keep it up as it was one of those diets that said it wasn't a diet, but a lifestyle. I don't know who would want to live a lifestyle eating bland food.

Thanks, Jesabelle. Bland diets suck!!!!

Here's my history: I'm 44, and in university, I used to weigh 168, which was my highest weight (size 16). Over my twenties and thirties, I weighed about 150 (size 13). Then, I joined the place I now work as a client last year, and dropped down to 128 (size six!). Then, put on a bit (Working there! Must be something about talking about dieting all day with clients that does it!), then took it off again - down to 127. Now, up to 142 (Well, 140 today, after only one day on the 5bd!!!! YAY!!!!), and hoping to take it off quickly - I'm missing my smaller clothes, and feeling guilty. I have to be accountable to my clients! And, enough of the damned yo-yo thing, already!!!!!

I'm feeling awesome! A little hungry, but it's really manageable, and I'm enjoying the control I'm already feeling. I can totally do this!

Two more protein bars today, plus coffee with either cream & milk or Coffee Mate, plus Splenda. Yay!

GO, TEAM FIVE-BITE!!!! Smile
Sherri417
Sherri417

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:54 pm

Just checking in, today went well Smile Just have to get through work tomorrow then I'm off 10 days, I can't wait!

B- nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and stuffing casserole
D- 5 bites spaghetti with garlic bread

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:51 am

Today's ben good
L 5 bites kfc crispy chicken thigh
D 5 bites. Pizza
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next