5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey!

+4
spryng
Dmac
Snow White
Peekachu82
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Day #6!

Post  Peekachu82 Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:54 pm

I made it to Day #6! I can't believe it! Woo hoo! :-) It was tough sleeping again last night..but not nearly as bad as the night before! But this morning..I had to take ibuprofen..I feel a little headachey..and slightly, well, sort of weak..I think I'll feel better after lunch..and I know I need to drink more water..so..I don't know..I'll try to make more of an effort..I don't think I lost much weight from yesterday..it slowed down..but that's why I shouldn't weigh every day! So..if I can..I'll post my weight on Monday! :-)

Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Re: Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:24 pm

stay strong!! you can do this! i know the feeling- that shaky feeling is kinda scary, but it passes and your okay. Just think, a day of going backwards is a day longer than you have to be on this diet. you can do it champ!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Feeling Stronger!

Post  Peekachu82 Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 pm

I realllly appreciate the encouragement..that's how I've made it this far..and it was really great at this exact time..because I am feeling soo hungry..and wasn't sure how I was going to make it to dinner..which we probably won't even get to eat until 7..which is still another 3 and a half hours away! And..it's definately not helping that I'm so bored! We're just sitting around the house..until we get to drop off the kiddos at the babysitters..but not for another couple hours! Then, my hubbie & I will get a date night! :-) Hopefully I won't be tempted to binge if we go out to eat! But the support from here I think will help me get through another day! :-D

B: Nothing
L: 5 Bites Toasted Tuna Melt
D: ? (..but it can't come soon enough!)
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:56 pm

drink some tea, watch a movie, stream a tv show on Hulu. DISTRACTION till dinner time
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:34 pm

You are doing great peekachu, hang in there!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty You're doing great!

Post  Snow White Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:49 am

It is one day at a time, sometimes one hour at a time. You just have to get through right now. I have found that 3pm and 9 pm are particularly difficult. I try to have something to drink that has flavor like diet tea or something. Also, I have found that have more protein bites helps me not feel so terribly hungry. Hope this helps a little. You're doing great! You CAN do this! : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Day #7!

Post  Peekachu82 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:03 pm

You guys have no idea how much your comments help! Well, maybe you do! :-P Yesterday, wow, just wow. I was definately living hour by hour, trying to make it through! I had a date night last night with my hubby, & we went somewhere nice..it wasn't too hard stopping at 5 bites with my margherita pizza (pizza tends to make me queasy quick..with all the cheese & grease!) :-/ ..but then I really wanted dessert..but had no bites left! Then eventually we went to Wally World..& got groceries..and there is so much that I can't wait to eat! I got a peanut butter snickers..because I've really been wanting to try one..Then I got Golden Grahms, love that cereal! We have peanut butter crackers..oh and my favorite..a bag of Chex's Muddy Buddies! And so much more..and I want to taste it all, but I can't in one day! :-( Then..since it was so bitter cold last night, we were like..hmm..Arby's curly fries & waffle fries sound so good with a cup of cheddar cheese..but when we went..I was actually able to say no, I didn't want anything! But then when we came home and were watching a movie..they were just sitting there in between us on the couch..and my hubby offered them to me several times, and I was like..you don't understand, yes, I desperately want them, but just can't! :-P I even picked up a hot waffle fry, and smelled it, lol..but was able to put it down! We also went bowling last night..and I had to turn down nachos and jello-shots..I felt really sad for a second..but then realized, how strong I can be..and that I could make it to today, Day #7! And that I was extremely tired..of cheating, then having to start over a hundred times..I want this over with so badly! And then I can just go on with my life! So for inspiration I kept looking at this journal on my phone, & at Wally World, I checked out the size S t-shirts, and tiny jeans..and was like, maybe, maybe I really could fit into that one day...........

Sleeping last night was still a little hard..still some muscle aches, tummy cramping..and I do feel weirdly hung over this morning..but so happy!

I know I was going to weigh in Monday..but I needed even more inspiration..so.....

Weigh In On Day #7: 149.2 lbs.! :-D (now I'm so glad I passed on binging last night!)
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:08 pm

thats under 150!!! great job!!! see when u see rewards like that its hard to get off this diet. It works and you see results and its a motivation to go forwards!!!
so proud! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:18 pm

great job on staying strong! when I first started this diet my husband was a bit irritated and he would tempt me on occassion, but I just kept saying no and he finally stopped. I think I was making him feel guilty for the lbs that he needs to lose. Now he is being extremly supportive and loves that I am smaller again. (I was 105 when we got married) The only thing that irritates me is that when I do have my snickers stash he will get into it and there have been times when I decided to forgo a meal and get my peanut butter snickers only to find that it was gone Sad and btw, yes, the PB snickers is delish Very Happy I understand you wanting to weigh yourself as often as you can, but watch out. there will be a point where you will gain some ounces (from water retention, most likely) or you will get stuck on a certain weight and it can be discouraging because you start to fell like, "Why am I doing this?", so once you get to that point it's better to just weigh in once a week or you will start pulling your hair out with frustration Mad But once again, Great job on your progress!!!!!!! Very Happy
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Good Advice!

Post  Peekachu82 Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:36 pm

I don't know why it's so hard for me to not take a quick peek at the scale? I mean, how could I not be losing weight on only 5 bites per meal? And you're really right..when I have slight fluctuations I want to give up..but how could I actually gain anything on how little I've been eating? :-P I know I've got to trust the system..which I do..but sometimes I just get excited too, and want to see the numbers going down..it helps me to keep going..but at the same time..if I just do this..and don't weigh myself, it would be better, because then it wouldn't seem like I'm on a diet..like this is my normal routine..and then I wouldn't be thinking about it all the time..you know? Okay then, my goal for this week, next weigh in: Friday, 1/27! :-D
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Way to go peekachu your doing so good staying strong when its difficult will definitely pay off. That's funny you wrote that about the Snickers jesabelle it just now happened to me I had 2 and whent to grab 1 for lunch and both where gone so I had to have leftovers
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty So Hungry!

Post  Peekachu82 Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am

Ok..so maybe it's cravings..I'm having really bad cravings! Bad! I'm making pretzels for my family..it's a box kit..to make pretzels from scratch..I'm going to make cinnamon sugar pretzels..they'll smell so good when they're baking! :-/ So..I can have 5 bites of those..which will be yummy..but then I won't be able to have everything else I wanted (especially Chex's Muddy Buddies, the PB Snickers..and the potato chips w/onion dip!)..I'm feeling pretty down right now! :-( On a positive note..I decided to remove the scale from the bathroom so I won't be tempted to weigh a hundred times a day, lol..and then I'll get it back out on Friday, I think/hope this plan works!

Today I've noticed..when we walked around the mall I was pretty weak..sort of short of breath (not bad)..but I just didn't have a ton of energy..and felt like my feet were shuffling as I walked..also, it sort of feels depressing that I can't eat whatever I am craving whenever I want, for another couple of months..but I have been trying my best to focus just on each day so I don't get overwhelmed! But there's so much I want to eat right now! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:44 am

You can actually eat anything you want. You could have taken 3 bites of the pretzels and 1 bite of the muddy buddys and 1 potato chip dipped in onion dip. That way you're not depriving yourself and you won't end up cheating. I know how you feel. I have make cc cookies for my family and had already eaten my 5 bites for dinner. The next time I made cookies I made sure that I left myself 2 bites so that I could taste what I just made. Another thing, if you eat a candy bar for dinner you won't end up craving something sweet that night. If you have eaten and end up making something sweet for dessert for the family, drink a warm sweet drink like 0 calorie tea and drink alot of it, so you feel so full that you don't want the temptation. lol, sorry for all the suggestions-I just want to make sure that you succeed and don't suffer too much for it Smile
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty :-)

Post  Peekachu82 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 am

Thank you so much! I know..I was thinking of taking a bite of each..but those hot fresh pretzels brushed with butter and smothered in cinnamon & sugar were just so good, I couldn't stop..and ended up using all my 5 bites! :-P I'm going to have to force myself to go to sleep early tonight! And now..I can't wait for tomorrow's lunch, already!

L: 5 Bites Golden Grahms Cereal
D: 5 Bites Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel

This is why this diet is great for me, because I don't eat a lot of healthy food..so, this is teaching me moderation and self control over my most favorite, tempting junk foods!

P.S. I can not believe I am so close to Day #8 already! I have never lasted longer than 1 week straight on any diet! :-D

Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Day #8!

Post  Peekachu82 Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:54 pm

I made it past a week! And I made it through the weekend! Very Happy

Now I'm just sipping on 0 cal. sparkling black cherry water..very delicious..waiting for lunch!
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:09 pm

You are doing great!! I was the same way, I'd start a diet and within a few days quit and blame the diet and move on to a new diet for a few days and quit, lol it was getting really old, this is the FIRST diet I've stuck with this long! And everyday behind you puts you one day closer to your goal and being off the diet rollercoaster for good! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:20 pm

the weekends are the hardest- especially with all the delicious cooking and shopping you had to deal with. It shows great discipline and strength!!!! Great job!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty :-(

Post  Peekachu82 Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:03 pm

It's getting so hard..I'm still always hungry in between meals! I realize that all my portions/bites are probably not all completely identical..but they're close enough..I just can't wait for dinner!

L: 3 Bites Muddy Buddies, & 2 Bites PB Snickers
D: 2 Bites Tomato Soup W/Oyster Crackers, 1 Bite PB Cracker, & 2 Bites Muddy Buddies

Last edited by Peekachu82 on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:32 pm

i use a teaspoon to break up my bites. that is the only way that i can judge what a bite is. Before i eat i take out 5 bites worth and think about how i want to do this. I take the teaspoon and i break up 5 pieces on to the side of the plate. Then i take my TIME eating them, nibble on them so it lasts a bit longer and i feel like im actually eating something. Maybe that is something that will work for you?
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Thanks!

Post  Peekachu82 Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:25 am

Thanks Tea! Yeah..sometimes I try to make it seem like I'm eating more..sometimes..with chips or stuff that's hard to tell, I weigh..2 oz. I don't know if that's right..I just figure a Snickers is 2 oz.? :-/ Because it seems like just measuring whatever 2 oz. is? (1/3 or 1/4 Cup?) might not be as accurate? I have no clue..maybe it doesn't make a difference..it's just different foods weigh differently..you know? Like popcorn is lightweight..and in my mind..if I just measure it in a Cup..I could actually have a lot more of it if I could weigh it? Am I making any sense?? tongue
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 am

i get what your saying, but i think that going by weight might be misleading, the most important thing is to get ur stomach to shrink down, otherwise you will eat a bowl full of popcorn cuz its light- when u should have had just 5 kernels as one bite. I totally get what your saying tho. Just dont eat a large volume of stuff that doesnt weigh much (but might have lots of carbs and then lead to water retention later)
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:32 am

Peekachu, you are totally making sense! I just posted a similar question in the forum. Maybe someone can answer this for us there. I posted it in "5 Bite general discussions."
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:20 am

I agree with Tea, I guess that's why it's important to choose your meals wisely because if you were to use the Snicker bar as a template than you wouldn't get much popcorn and then you would starve until your next meal. It really is important that you get in at least one protien a day-in fact I always look forward to my protein and I hardly ever crave sweets like I used to before the diet Smile
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Peekachu's 5 Bite Journey! - Page 2 Empty Day #9!

Post  Peekachu82 Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:10 pm

Yeah..I'm just so confused by it..you know, a Snickers I can actually eat in more than 5 Bites! I also have these packages of PB Crackers, & they're 2 oz. but more than 5 Bites..so I don't know..but I still eat the whole package..they're only 190 cals. so sometimes I just try to eat a sandwich or something..because maybe I'm way overthinking this?? tongue So..I went to bed amazingly early last night..the first time in forever we've gone to bed before 11 PM! So, it's weird how I'm feeling.. Shocked that I'm on Day #9! Also, I feel incredibly odd that I haven't weighed myself obsessively yesterday or today, I wanted to, but really glad I haven't! It's like, now that I'm not weighing myself every hour (sick, I know, lol) I'm not getting stressed out, or thinking about my diet constantly! But I am verrry nervous about my weigh in on Friday! It's like, I hope everything I'm doing now pays off! :-/ And also..like you said Jesabelle, sometimes I'm like, do I want to deal with this committment? And yes, I know I do..I want to lose this weight, finally & forever! But it's like this bad part of me still wants to just go hide in a closet and be alone with all my favorite foods! But I will say, it's getting easier to just say no to binges..because after so many days, I just don't want to mess up my progress!
Peekachu82
Peekachu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:51 pm

You got it its volume not weight
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next