5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3jaysmom - Life is Good!

+17
herbsgirl
spryng
Snow White
Lyra
Lisa
alexswins
rubywong
tijoni
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
teaismyhappyplace
walkerlori
Dani
Jenny P.
rachee08
Phil
3jaysmom
21 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

3jaysmom - Life is Good! - Page 3 Empty Re: 3jaysmom - Life is Good!

Post  darkshines Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:50 pm

this scares me. i mean the good news is it comes off as quickly as it is back on...

but it really make me wonder if we will ever be able to eat normally again? its not like you TOTALLY went off the deep end and ate a whole icecream parlor...
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I think of the same thing, because honestly, even though I didn't eat the healthiest food, it was seriously only a few bites of everything, certainly not completely going overboard...I think when I am ready to maintain, I am going to go up bite by bite, keep adding a few bites per meal untill I gain weight. I have a freind who had gastric bypass, and she said she eats about 15 bites per meal, several years after her goal weight. I know it sounds like a pain in the ass, but she said that it becomes second nature (just like the 5 bite) and that 5 bites of meat, 5 of potatoes or rice, and 5 of veggies actually is a normal amount of food. She's maintainted for a few years doing this, so I guess if I try that, and weigh myself every week, and if I gain, go back to 5 bites untill I get back to the "maintenance weight" I just feel like that is what I am going to have to do to maintain.... Its all about maintaining balance, controll, and being mindfull of what I am doing.

I guess I dont have to worry about this now, though....I still have 25 to go. I wish I only had 5 or so like you guys! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:26 am

soon enough!!! ur almost there.
i worry about this kinda aswell. i just think that when it comes time to maintain my weight, ill indulge less in things that i know i shouldnt have to start with.. like honestly, when i was studying abroad i was so so miserable i would eat half a pizza in the blink of an eye, and then magically i gained 15 lbs in like 4 months time.... i was disgusted with myself. I look at old pictures and i was like wow how could u let ureself be so unattractive.. there is absolutely no excuse that i can think of that would justify it. stress? lonely? so EAT like a beast.... NO!! that is not an excuse at all.

BUT i was also for the first time away from my family for more than a week or 2, very miserable, stressed out, and for the first time EVER, emotionally eating. I know that i gained so much weight so fast cuz i was just eating to feel better, and to give myself even this small pleasure in a day. i didnt have time to do any of the physical running or lifting that i had maintained daily before, and even my work out clothes didnt fit me... so i was discouraged. My semi-beach body was a distant memory, and i felt so gross. I know that was a mistake, and i know now how to control myself and find pleasure in other things that truely make me happy, not just eat and then feel crappy about it after taking that last swallow. I also know to make better choices- opt for low calorie and low fat all the time!! it tastes better, its not heavy, and u dont feel horrible about ur choice later. I never ate french fries, pad thai, chocolate etc like i did back then... and i dont want to ever again. I think that this diet made me fall in love with healthy eating again, and thats what i wanted more than anything. The weight off was a plus, but i also wanted to be less flippant about that morning latte, and that danish that i neither needed, nor was hungry for, but just really wanted to snack on something sweet! Im eating beautiful salads again, making more raw food choices, less fat, no fried, more healthy decisions!! I feel confident in my skin again for the first time in years, and its the best feeling. I will not ever let myself go that way again. After getting to my goal weight im going to hit the gym hard core again, and get my body back 100%. my metabolism will be pumping again, and i will be able to eat reasonable amts of good, yummy, healthy foods... and that is the change that we should be hoping for. Not that we have lost 50 lbs and now can eat cake and icecream just like before. This is a lifestyle choice to live better, and more healthy, and more in control. Moderation is the key. if u do indulge, then u should also know that u need to double ur efforts in the gym the next day, or skip the next meal. We have a tool now, but its not meant to change us into bingers and purgers (eat and starving is the same thing)... we can do this guys. we really really can.

wow that was long, im so so sorry!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:30 am

Wow, I feel like its been forever scince I've been here, its only been a few days! I'm so used to going on here everyday. I've been so busy, its crazy. My weight has been holding still scince I got the weight off from my "binge" . With the 4th, and the party we're having, I need to think of my strategy. I need to stay strict untill then, and plan on the fact that on that day, I will have more. I have to be prepared for it, rather than just let it happen and have to worry about it. After the party, I'll have another "bar" week to get things going again. That seems to work the best for me. Lose 10 one week, maintain for 2-3. Its funny, because after my bar week, I try to stay within 5 bites of whatever I want, and keep the calories close to the bars, but for some reason it just doesn't come off the same. Maybe its because on those weeks, I am more likely to slip in a cocktail (or two Very Happy )

I haven't worked out AT ALL this week, no cardio or even weights ( I never skip weights!)and it feels awfull. One week is all it takes to ruin a workout habit I've had for the past year. I've got to get back to it. I made a reservation to have my kids watched at the gym babysitting place, and I have my workout stuff ready, so there's NO EXCUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:02 pm

I've been a bad girl! That is all.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:59 pm

OK, Independance Day festivities are OVER! I didn't even check the scale this AM because I couldn't face the music. I had a 5 bite for breakfast, and a special k bar for lunch. Hopefully I can skip dinner, and keep the day "perfect" I feel good about the fact that I was able to just eat 5 bites of the egg mc muffin and throw the rest away. Its so lame, but I feel like being able to throw the food away symbolizes me having controll again. Its like that is what I need to do to get my brain in the 5 bite mode after being crazy for 5 days. The 103 degree heat is helping, because who feels like eating when its so hot?!?

I want SOOO BADLY to be able to do this perfectly for 2 weeks straight. I feel like if I could do that, it would get me over my next hurdle. I've done my 10 lost, maintain for 3, so I'm ready for the next loss. I want to lose 20(!) pounds in the next 3 weeks, and the only way I can do it is to 5 bite twice a day. That is the only way, no taking the weekends off untill the last week in July (vacation) I'm not going to restrict what I eat, it will be five bites of whatever I want, but only 5. I think I will do bars for Wed, just to get things going. I hope this is realistic with my in laws visiting, because I cant put this on hold because they are complete food pushers

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:37 pm

well, the food pushers are gone, and boy did they push!! in all with the july 4th and the inlaws, 4 pound gain. back to special k bars today, going to be strict for the next week, and hopefully the one after that, we'll see how it goes! Going to get those 4 off by tomorrow, and add a 4 pound loss by Sat. so, 8 pound loss in 1 week, to make it -4 total. The week after that, 8 for a total of -12. So much for the 20, but I will do this. I like the way I act like I can controll how much weight I can lose, and on what days, lol Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:51 pm

Way to go, I am hitting hard for two weeks as well. Today was my first perfect day and I am determined to do 13 more befor I give myself a break for the weekend.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:28 pm

This AM I got on the scale and I was -5 (I always round up, lol) from my in laws weekend actually, I've been bad scince July 4! So, so far I am down 1ish pound. So, why did I go on the scale right now???? Not the best idea to do at 6pm. I'm not even going to say I gained, because that is just so stupid, but its sucks to see the number up, for any reason, even if its because you logically know you just drank a bottle of water a few minutes ago...........NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO ON THE SCALE ANY TIME OTHER THAN FIRST THING IN THE AM!!!!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:52 am

That is a good call. I only weigh in the AM after going to the bathroom, its when I weigh the least.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:59 pm

ok, so yesterday I weight trained after skipping for almost 3 weeks, and had 5 bites for lunch, and probably 15 for dinner. This AM, up 4 pounds. WTF????? So annoying. Today I had a million honey and soy crisps, I had 5 bites of a ham and cheese on whole wheat wrap, and 2 hrs later decided to eat 5 bites of my daughters cheeseburger, and about half an order of her small fries. Is almost dinner now, and I''m STARVING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know this sounds crazy, but I think its the exercize. it makes me hungry, and I'm wondering if I should take some time off of working out to focus on 5 bite. I dont know. I was feeling so motivated yesterday, and now today..........not so much.

I'm still at 40 pounds lost, but its been a month at that. It has been crazy with fourth of july and houseguests and all that, and I've pretty much "maintained" by getting the weight off quickly after being in party mode, but I need to get to the next level. I want to lose 20 pounds REALLY BAD. I need to get through this weekend not just "not gaining, but taking the weekend off" and LOSE during the weekend. I don't think I have ever stuck to this through the weekend before. I have to make this weekend different, even with the birthday party on sat, and my friends coming to the lake on Sun. I can do it.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:18 pm

Ugh, didn't do it!!!!! What is wrong with me that I cant do this on thew weekends? I even preportioned my meals in the AM, and still ended up eating more here and there.... and then there was the party, lots of cake. I wish she got those gross supermarket cakes like everyone else, but noooo, she had to have cake from my favorite bakery, limoncello cake with whipped cream and strawberries.....OMG, so good.

I weighed myself this AM, and I'm still the same. I am going hardcore this week, but dont expect much of a loss. The weeks I have PMS, and I noticed that I typically stay the same, even if I 5 bite all week, and then lose the next week. I'm keeping with the workouts, though. Honestly, I've lost 40 while working out, why change things now? However, I will be changing my routine, I'm starting p90x when I get my new weight set from amazon.....Cant wait!!!! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  tijoni Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 pm

40 lbs lost is a huge accomplishment. Each pound you lose is a victory in itself so you have 40 victories under your belt! You are a huge inspiration for me and you'll get to your goal!

tijoni

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:03 pm

i agree, ur totally going to make this happen. u have come SO far, and u know how to do this and u know how much effort it takes on ur part to get this together both emotionally and physically. I find that its best to start decision making in the morning. Start one full day off properly. I think after all our struggling in this for so long, ONE GOOD DAY is really just the kick to do this again. Cuz u know that when ur good, u get awesome results and u feel amazing about it, sometimes getting one full day of that, and getting a taste of that feeling again works wonders for getting ur head back in the game. Today is kinda about that for me. Ive been bad for a bit, and i know that part of it is emotional and stress related, but the other half is just me giving in, and not being disciplined and going back to old habits, which is NOT what i want. Today, im hard core about 5 bite again, im hoping that one full day of proper diet adhesion will help me to feel like im on a diet, feel like today is not another bad day, and that im working in the right direction rather than being destructive...

u can do this, just one day at a time! make tomorrow a good day... just decide, and then do it. no excuses.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:20 am

Just got back from vacation, I drank TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Drinking has tons of calories, and leads to bad decisions about food.... its just bad. I will limit my drinks to ONE on each night on the weekend, and on vacations. I am not going on another one for awhile, so, thats it.

I gained 5-7 pounds (the scale said 2 different things within seconds of each other, so rather than obssess about the actual gain, I'm just going to move on!) so catch up time. I'm doing special k bars for as long as I can, I'm hoping for 5 days. Hopefully that will undo the damage (plus more Very Happy ) and move to real food Sat. p90x starts next Mon. I've been too loosey-goosey with this diet for the last month or so, one minute blowing it off, and the next being all "I'm serious this time!!!" To make it more likely, I have a new, more CONCRETE goal:

Lose 30 pounds by my birthday, November 5

complete p90x by that time as well

Lose the last 10 by Christmas

If I stay the course, 10 pounds a month for my first goal is totally reasonable, it is what I did with my first 30. I find that seems the longest I can go without taking a break, so I'm giving myself 2 months to get the last 10 off, especially seeing as it is during prime eating time, the holidays. Game ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:21 pm

So yesterday went well. Special K bar for lunch, then olive garden Twisted Evil for dinner. I didn't stick to 5 bite there, but kept it under controll. I pretty much had 5 bites of a breadstick, 5 of eggplant, and 5 of chicken alfredo, and 5 of salad. 20 bites doesn't sound like i stuck to it, but as far as i'm concerned, it was still a good day that COUNTS! Today I had a special K bar for lunch, and plan on the same for dinner. It's funny, I feel like this time its ON!!! I finally feel pumped up for this, and feel like I'm on my way to a "good streak". I will get the vacation weight off, and be on my way to my goal in no time. By the time I buy jeans for the fall, I want to buy them in a 6. I tossed all of my jeans from last year, I don't even want them around. Razz

Also, I will not weigh myself untill Friday. I need to keep away from the scale obsession. If I stick to 5 bites 2X a day, the weight will come off, I don't need the scale to confirm what I allready know. I guess that's my challenge for this week: Special K bars as long as I can, hoping I can get through a weekend- and staying away from the scale as long as I can, hoping to get through the weekend, lol.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:22 pm

Yesterday went well, bar for lunch and dinner. I'm about to have my bar for lunch in a few minutes, and plan on one for dinner again tonight. I am definitely in the zone. It truly only takes one day of special k bars to get me on track for the whole week. But, it happens the other way too, one slip, and it turns into a week of not paying attention.

But, I couldn't take it, so I got on the scale this AM, the vaca weight is off. Now, I truly wont weigh untill....I guess Mon.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:42 pm

Day 3 of "bar" week. Wow, bar week used to have such a different meaning! Doing well, not perfect, but staying in controll. I had a bar this AM, because I was hungry, and ended up eating about 10-12 chips with a diet coke at lunch. Tonight is parent night at my kid's camp, so there will be a BBQ. I have to stick with 5 bites!! I want to just have a bar, but the problem is that I will prob end up picking at everyone's plate, so I think I'm going to skip the bar and not get my own food. I'm sure my kids will leave at least 5 bites on their plates. Smile

I feel very lazy, though. I havent started my p90x, and I havent gone to the gym in a few weeks, I've never gone this long. I'm so tired, if I have any free time(hardly ever) I end up sitting on the couch zoning out to Jersey Shore. I should use it as inspiration to GTL. Laughing Well, I have been doing laundry, so I guess that's one out of three....

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:09 pm

Well, things were going great, and then I weighed myself, and it looked like I lost nothing, so I fell off the wagon, but luckily am somehow the same weight as before. I've totally hit a plateau at the 40 pound mark, I need to step it up, I'm only halfway there. So far, I've been doing this kind of "on my own" only talking to my sister, and this forum about it. I've tried to not really "get my family involved" by just eating dinner like almost normal, as not to make anyone notice too much.

So, to kick things into high gear, I came up with a plan with my husband 5 biting at lunch has always been easy, because I just eat a bar and move on. Dinner has always been tough, because I eat 5 bites and then end up picking at my family's plates. So I told him that I was going to eat by myself, and not sit with them at the table, just so I can keep away from the food. He understands that I need to do this, and if he sees me eating we decided he's going to say "code red". Totally stupid, but I think having him know what's going on will help. I've NEVER involved him in anything weight loss related. I did it after the last two pregnancies without telling him much, I think he think the weight just fell off with no effort. Its only for two weeks, so I think it will work out just fine.

I am also having my son hide the scale on me, so I cant obsess. I think the scale is my biggest downfall. My goals that I set last week still stand, I want this off quickly. Here we go again!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:22 pm

You have a great support system with your husband and son going on. Hope the up coming 2 weeks will be easier with them involved.

rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:57 pm

So, this weekend..................crap. So, I'm doing the usual "perfect Mon-Fri" My husband did say, "code red" (our new way of him gently reminding me to 5bite) but he was like"I know this is PMS time, wait a few days untill its over" wow, I must be bitchy for him to know that, but, he's right!

So, as I say every few days....here we go again....and again....and again................
I have a new thing I'm adding to my "challenge". Each night before I go to bed, I'm going to assign myself a grade for the day:

100%= perfect, obv
75%= 5 bite for lunch $ dinner, but a few bites here and there-or- 5bite bf,lunch, and dinner
50%= 5 bite for one meal, not as great the other
0%= off the wagon
*= worked out that day

I'm just writing it on a piece of paper near my bed so it is easy for me to track each night. I'll try to enter it once week or so, when I weigh in. This way, if I only lose a pound (or gain!) I'll be able to see exactly what I did, versus saying,"I swear I was good most of the week, what happened?" I'll have it in black and white to tell me what happened. I think its an easier version af journaling that they had us do in weight watchers, except I'm not writing every food down. That was just too much of a pain in the ass.

I've also gone 3 days scale free!!!! that is a big deal. Now, if I can get untill fri with 5 days of 100%, I think that should get me through the next dreaded weekend

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:04 am

I've been doing well, resisting a lot of temptations in the past few days. Finally got the book from amazon the other day, read it, and highlighted parts to read over when I need the "strength". I'm definitely going to bring it with me to the lakehouse this weekend, to keep me in check.
I cant remeber his exact words, but my favorite thing that he says is essentially, "all diets suck to be on. so lose the weight as quickly as possible, and move on with your life" so all i have left is the weekend, and then weigh in monday. i havent been on the scale in almost a week! i cant wait to see how i did, even if its just a few pounds, its better than doing it daily and freaking out about every little gain and loss. of all the days for me to post, i had a 25% day today Crying or Very sad i had a small crab cake, 3/4 cup of clam chowder, about 6 fried oysters (tiny) and 4 bites cheesecake. not bad for eating out, but i've been so good this week, i wish i had less than my 18 or so bites. for dinner i had 4 pieces of sushi,(should have stopped there) a slice and a half of pizza, a two bite chocolate vitamuffin, and a few prezel stcks. i had to write this down, because i need to write my bad days down so i can more accurately judge the outcome of my week. off i go! can't wait untill mon!!!!!!!!!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:40 pm

So, after the ups and down of the past week or so, I've settled at a 3 pound loss total, here's why

MY GRADES
F 50%
s 0%
s 0%
m 100%
t 50%
w 75%
t 100%
f 25%
s 25%
s 0%
m 0%
t 0%
w 100% avg 40%ish

Not good!!!!!!!!!!!! So yesterday, I did something I've never done before, I got a big pack of snickers. Started the day off with a med coffee with cream and splenda. I just cant do coffee without cream. It really held me over just fine untill I had my first snickers around 3. The funny thing is, the snickers worked so much better for me than the special k bar. maybe because
I haven't "allowed" myself to have real chocolate in forever, it felt like an indulgence. I dont know, except it worked well. I cooked dinner for the family, had none, and ran out to the supermarket. I realized I hadn't eaten dinner and I forgot my snickers supply, so I stopped at a gas station and grabbed a snickers and a huge diet coke. Usually, I would use this as and excuse to go through the drive through, convince myself I would eat only five bites, and end up finishing the whole sandwich. But I had my snickers instead. Yay! cheers It was just as easy as drive through, and way cheaper. I think that the snickers really is the way to go for me right now. Lets hope my next weeks grades are a hell of a lot better!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:45 am

Today was good. 5 bites of a whopper jr, and 6 fries, luckily, I got very full after that, so I realized what was happening with the fries and stopped Very Happy . Dinner was 5 bites of my spinach, white sauce, and shaved beef pizza, it was crazy good! But the best part was that I did my bites and had the smarts to throw it away immediately, so I wouldn't be tempted cheers

I am more than ready for this weight to come off. The weekend is coming, and I've got to stay strong and remember "diets suck, do it as quickly as possible, and move on with your life" those extra bites and "tastes" are not worth having to be on this diet for an extra month. I have a little more than 9 weeks left to lose 27 pounds to be at my "lose 30 by birthday" goal. totally doable if I stay with it. It would equal 3 pounds a week. Maybe I should up the ante and say lose 35 by age 35. OK, done. So, I guess that is 3.5 pounds a week. Bring it on!!!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:51 pm

3jaysmom.... tisk tisk....
u know u did a bad thing with all this cheating and falling off the wagon.. its cuz i wasnt here to support u!!

alright so u have to get this done and over with. being at a plateau SUCKS cuz u work so hard and then nothing comes of it. But also consider that when u were losing the 40lbs u were SERIOUS about it. u had weeks where u were SUPER 5 BITER and then other times and weekends that u let it go- which was healthy. The working out didnt effect u before, and i dont think that it is whats keeping u at the same weight. BUT i do notice atleast in myself that when i work out my metabolism goes up which is good but my HUNGER IS OFF THE CHARTS and sticking to this diet is really hellish. I know that u always worked out so obv u have this under control- but im right there with u in feeling like working out makes this more of a challenge.

u have to lay off ur kids plates!! my mother used to do the same thing, and honestly kids are so fricking cute and it feels like ur wasting food otherwise, BUT its not like the old adage really is true- yes there are starving people in the world, but ur not going to pack up those 4 fries and ship them to pakistan now are u? didnt think so... on the other hand, if u eat those just cuz u feel bad and not cuz u are really hungry- or if those are the 5 bites that ur using for a meal then they are going to keep u from ur weight goal and most importantly ur HEALTH goal.

u can do this 3jays, just gotta find that old rhythm again and keep it solid.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next