5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3jaysmom - Life is Good!

+17
herbsgirl
spryng
Snow White
Lyra
Lisa
alexswins
rubywong
tijoni
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
teaismyhappyplace
walkerlori
Dani
Jenny P.
rachee08
Phil
3jaysmom
21 posters

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

3jaysmom - Life is Good! - Page 4 Empty Re: 3jaysmom - Life is Good!

Post  3jaysmom Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:33 pm

Tea- So nice to see you back! I guess everone took the summer off. I guess I did, technically, too. At least I didn't gain..... plus, I'm back to business this week, so lets hope it pays off.

So, tomorrow is the big weigh in.....here are my grades:

w-100%
t- 100%
f- 100%
s- 25%
s- 25%
m- 100%
t- 100%

so the week's average was almost 80%. I wish I didn't get those 25% on the weekend, but at least its not 0% like last week. I hope it pays off. I don't know what it is about the snickers, but they really did the trick with keeping me from eating other food. I doesn't make sense. Now I have 3 boxes of special k bars that I dont want to bother with anymore. I shouldn't count my chickens before they hatch. I'll see how I did and figure it out from there. I swear my clothes feel looser reguardless of what the scale says in the morning, though!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:37 pm

7 pounds as of Thurs. It's funny, because that is alot of weight for one week, but I'm like "I expect 10 in one week!" This diet gives me high expectations. It would have taken 5 weeks to get that much off during weight watchers. I need to keep this pace up, I want to be done with this once and for all. I definitely think I am on my way. I had a bad day yesterday, but I will be 100% for the next week. Its a holiday weekend, I need to KEEP MY EYES ON THE PRIZE. So corny.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:47 pm

Ok, this is getting out of controll. a week of 0's and 100's. I dont have my "stats", but they are abysmal!! At least there's the 10 in 2 challenge, I'll stick to it out of embarassment. I've noticed that when I get tired is when things get out of controll. Yesterday was the busyest(sp?) day I've had in forever, I had no time to eat.....should have used that to my advantage. But, I felt like I needed food to push through the day, and ended up going HOG WILD! ugh what a waste, and my stomach killed. Bad all around. Embarassed

Why am I getting stuck at the halfway point??? I want 35 by 35, I need this.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:52 am

3JAYSMOM!!!

you can do it! the mid way point i would imagin to be hard, since you are trying to get over that hump!

although a restart (for me) isn't always the bestest either :p

But stick to it! email me for accountability (my email should be in my profile (phillipfoufou@gmail.com)) if you want... even if I do dissapear from here you can still always get me via email!

Good Luck!

Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:36 am

stay strong girlie. You have to just shrink ur stomach down and stick to it. The bad weeks stretch u out, and the good ones shrink u back in, but those transition days in between are just miserable! You can do this!!!!

im going to try to be on here more, it helps to be accountable, and plus all the love that u get from this forum is really a total boost.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:14 pm

Here it is on day 1 of the new challenge, and I check in to see what is going on, and EVERYONE IS BACK!!! Outstanding! I know you guys didn't do it for me, but I really needed it, so I'm going to pretend its why everyone came back, lol. Having Jenny back is what snapped me out of my plateau funk. Lets all get back to business!

This weekend was an interesting one, I had such an aha! moment. Things were so frantic for the past few weeks, I havent even be able to pay attention to anything. I looked at my "scores", and even after the last post, I still didn't do what I needed to do. Sunday, I found myself in the middle of a crazy shopping binge, at the mall spending way too much money at sephora on stupid stuff. I ended up doing that at a few other stores first, but sephora is where it hit me. For me, the times where I cant seem to pay attention to what I eat are the same times that I need to "get away", and usually end up shopping and buying tons of things I dont need. I dont realize why I havent noticed it before. It seems so obvious now, I feel so dumb. How long have I been doing this? Binging on food or "stuff" when I am stressed?????

stress=binging on food+shopping mindlessly

I think that is it. The next time I feel myself spinning out of controll, I need to take a few breaths, and stop the pattern before it starts. I think that living in this frenzied state, a few bites turn into eating the whole thing without noticing, because my mind is on something else. Its not even about enjoyment. Its not even a craving. Its simply not paying attention. This ends today. I'm making a vow that no matter haw busy I am, or whats going on in my family, I will PAY ATTENTION to what I am doing. I will be aware of the choices I am making , and not check out and buy and eat things because I am running around on autopilot.

On the bright side, the boys started flag football this Sat, and Julia started bitty ballet. There is nothing cuter that 3 year olds trying to be elegant ballerinas in tutu's. I think now that things are started, and the kids are busy and happy, I can focus on myself for awile.

Long Post! I have to say, nothing feels better than getting things sorted out, even if it is just typing it on a journal.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:17 pm

hey taking the time to recognize these things in ourselves is a huge step towards changing habits in our lifestyles, and for long term weight loss and overall well being that is top priority. Without understanding what sets us up for failure, we cant POSSIBLY keep this up for the rest of our lives. GOOD JOB!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:09 pm

Hey that sounds like some good self realization. Good Job. I kind of do the same thing. Its too bad that when we get busy we can't just forget to eat, ha ha.

Thank you so much for what you said about me. I think I woke up with my grumpy pants on but I was feeling kind of worthless today and you saying that I helped snap you out of that funk has brightened my day sooooo much. It's like... "Somebody needs me, Yay!" It's a little silly, I know.
I'm going to try and not go MIA again. Lets all get this weight off together.
But yeah, the challenge is on.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  alexswins Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:24 am

Jenny P, I wish I could forget to eat when I get busy too. I spend all day running after a nutball 2 year old and a loony 5 year old and I was still finding the time to overeat! I dont think I've ever forgotten a meal in my lifetime, EVER.

3jaysmom, I know what you mean about overeating when you are stressed. I often find myself with a mouthful of cookies when I am feeling overwhelmed. Mindless eating is bad but stress eating is worse as I find myself eating until I feel calm. If thats not a recipe for repetitive behavior I don't know what is.

Here's to you for getting some 'me' time to focus on yourself!

alexswins

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:09 am

Thanks guys! Jenny, seriously, you did help! I was getting to the point where I was like, "hey, 45 is good enough..." But its not! Its only halfway. I'm glad were all working on a challenge together.

Alexwins- We are in the same boat, I have a 3, 5, and 7 year old, I often feel like I'm running around all day and not getting anywhere. I feel like that commercial, I don't want people to say I look good..for a mom. I want people to say I look good, period!

Day 2 of the 10 in 2 challenge, it went well. Snickers for lunch, 5 bites of a whopper Jr (soooooooooooo good! God, I love fast food) and, ok, I stole some fries from my son- but I didn't get too many, because he called me out on it! So, yes, I'm eating complete junk food, but, whatever, I'm sticking to it, so I just dont care right now. I'm 5 biting whatever I want for as long as I can, and I'll worry about healthy food later. Dr Lewis said its fine, so who am I to contradict a doctor, lol.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:52 am

Sometimes I think fast food is easier on this diet. Maybe because it's so cheap, and so fattening, that it's not hard to throw away? Even more so if you eat it AT the fast food place, since you can take your five bites and throw it away then and there.

Anyway, nice job!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 pm

I know, fast food used to be my weakness. As someone else on this blog said, "I didn't gain this weight eating gourmet food" Thats me. Its so embarassing to realize that I gained this weight one whopper jr at a time.....with cheese, with fries, with coke (regular! gasp!) Now I guess I'm losing it 5 bites of whopper jr at a time. I think you're right, maybe its because its so cheap its easy to toss it? And, I think indulging my cravings for salty greasy food helps me stick to the diet.

Today is day 3 of the challenge, and my boss is taking me out to lunch......wish me luck! I think I'm going to suggest sushi, because its very easy to just eat 5 rolls without anyone noticing.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:09 pm

that is very clever, hinting towards sushi, not to mention delicious! Those little rolls dont have too many calories either, but they have the wonderful saltyness that can satisfy.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm

Sushi is a good choice for dining out. I always opt for sushi too!
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:59 am

So, I was dumb and weighed myself, i should take my own advice! I couldnt believe that i hadn't lost any weight in 4 days. kept it together today reguardless. and then...TOM. early. soooooo, i guess i didn't lose weight because of pms. this happens to me every month! i must always challenge myself during this week totally oblivious to the fact that it is impossible to lose weight during this week. after that whole revelation, i took the kids to my parents to pick veggies from the garden. i think i had about 30 cherry tomatoes off the vine..........i couldnt resist. oh well there are worse things i could be binging on than cherry tomatoes, i guess!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:26 am

I know how you feel, 3jaysmom!
It's been 4 days and my weight stuck at 140 lbs. Sad
I'm going to take a day off dieting today..and relax spend weekend with my SO.
Saturday afternoon I'm back home and Sunday I will begin on the Snickers plan (substitute it with a health bar Soyjoy since I don't really like Snickers)

Hugs,
Lyra

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:48 am

Since I weigh myself everyday, I noticed that when I am on my period, I tend to retain a whole lot of water -- up to 5 lbs. It usually subsides after a few days, but it is frustrating. I feel you pain.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:22 pm

Just had dinner, went overboard with the steak and cornbread. My husband wanted to go to a steakhouse, so we comprimised and splurged on organic delmonico steaks.......I planned on having just the perimeter of his steak (he likes it rare, I like it well, so this works) but it was so good I ended up having some of the other steak. And I made some potato skins with bacon and chives, and roasted zuccini. I tried....I'm going to get excusey here..........I needed the iron! I'm having my period! Ok, OK, I have to forget it ever happened and move on......

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:24 pm

Havent been posting here lately, been way to busy. 5bite not going well. I'm going to use Phil's dr situation to get through this stall...I'm going to pretend it was my dr.....his appt is in 3 weeks, I'm going to commit to 3 perfect weeks....20 pounds. We can do it!!

I'm watching thintervention by jackie warner on tv right now..........seeing everyone bitch and complain and moan about exercise is pissing me off. They look so pathetic, they have this great opportunity to have a trainer help them lose weight, and they are making excuses about why they aren't doing their at home workouts. They are so obviously lying. I'm like, oh shit, this is ME. Not out loud, or to anyone, except for myself, in this journal. My many excuses are as lame and pathetic as these idiots. I should keep watching this to keep my excusiness in check. scusies have got to go.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:42 pm

im doing the same 3jaysmom, im making 3 weeks a super goal to have this done and over with, im so tired of making excuses cuz something or other comes up. Its time to get it over with and then enjoy life and stop being on a diet- just make good choice each day, work out a few times a week, and not have to budget out the whole day like a nut! i figure 3 lbs a week for 3 weeks and ill get back down to my goal weight (or atleast close enough to it).
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:26 pm

So, I am day 2 of 100%. And, I've found a new trick today, this sounds strange, but i noticed the applesauce container holds 5 bites perfectly, so i've been using them as "plates". I kind of like it, because its so small, it looks full. I guess its all mental, because i feel full from it, and i'm usually starving at this point. ok, i am a bit hungry, lol

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:02 pm

I just posted in the check in page....date night was last night and it went REALLY GOOD!!!! No drinks, 2 greek taquitos, and 2 bites of tiramissu- and a slice of bread with pesto- forgot about that....but still, i was full and happy, and it was just the right amount. not 5 bites, but definitely a perfect amount for maintaining. This AM i went out with aaron to look at office spaces for our new business, and ended up eating breakfast- mcdonalds....egg mc muffin and hash brown. blah. now I feel stuffed, and yucky. But, time to move on.

skipping lunch because I still feel stuffed from Bf, and I'm going to try to keep dinner on the 10 bite size because were going out with friends for dinner. I'm going to try to do like I did last night, order an appetizer instead of entree so I dont have to worry about dealing with the sides, and have a couple bites of aaron's dessert (much to his dismay, lol) and NO DRINKS. It really is so much easier to pay attention to what you are eating when you dont drink, and easier to keep the willpower. Idea

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Oct 02, 2010 1:58 am

THATS FANTASTIC!!

Sounds like u have found something that works!

just out of curiosity what volume is the apple sauce container and does that volume equal 5 bites??

would be interesting to know since i might just but a jar and eat out of that Razz
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:26 pm

It's a half cup, unsweetened apple sauce is 50 cals. They sell them in the 1/2 cup plastic cups pre portioned, it comes with six or eight depending on the brand. I eat the apple sauce for BF, then rinse it out, and use the cup for the next two meals after that. For some reason this method seems to be working for me. I think that the applesauce helps, because its low cal, liquidy, so it doesnt stretch the stomach out, and makes me feel like I'm eating something. Give it a shot!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:31 pm

I just had one of those tiny bags of chips for lunch today with a diet coke- they were calling my name. For 120 cals, it was such a waste of a 5bite "meal", I feel like I havent eaten anything at all. I've been getting through this challenge by eating whatever I'm craving, no matter how unhealthy it is, just so I would stick to it. The problem is some foods (like chips) arent dense enough, I think. I need to feel full, I guess. I thinks that is why snickers works well, after you've eaten it, you feel full (and kind of sick, lol) I think I have to put a bit more thought into my choices.

My husband got me a bread maker for my upcoming birthday (how, ROMANTIC Razz ) I've been on a whole foods kick when cooking for the past few months, trying not to use anything prepackaged. I just wasnt about to spend my few minutes of "free" time making bread, so I wanted one, and its been a problem! The house smells like fresh baked bread and its sooooo good. Hard to stop at 5 bites, I ate nothing but bread for two days straight.... It's funny, because for the most part,all I eat is prepackaged snickers and unhealthy food, yet I spend all this time making stuff for everyone else that I try not to eat so I dont go overboard....I guess I just cant wait to have this diet done with so I can eat like a normal person again. The quicker this comes off, the quicker I can enjoy the food that I spend so much time making. In moderate amounts, of course Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next