5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to forum...but not 5 biting...

2 posters

Go down

New to forum...but not 5 biting... Empty New to forum...but not 5 biting...

Post  5biter Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:36 pm

Hi All!

I lost 38 pounds in about 3 months 5 biting earlier this year. Then I went on vacation...

So where I'm at now is... I gained about 25 pounds in 6 weeks of going completely off the rails!!  Ouch!!

I'm posting my progress here to keep myself honest and get back on track (and into my clothes again!! Ack!)

Day 1: 150 -Success!!! Yay
Day 2: FAIL!!
Day 3: FAIL!!
Day 4:FAIL!!
Day 5:

Last edited by 5biter on Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:17 pm; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated Day4)

5biter

Back to top Go down

New to forum...but not 5 biting... Empty Re: New to forum...but not 5 biting...

Post  Sexy123 Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm

Welcome!  I am sure u will be back down in no time.

Were u counting bites at all during those 6 weeks?  Had u figured out a maintenance plan?

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:55 pm

Hi Sexy123, I did not 5 bite during the previous 6 weeks. Actually it was quite literally the opposite, pretty much binging out of control. :/ i've been so disappointed in myself for gaining weight that i actually ate more, it makes no sense!! This little voice in my head said, "well, now you're a failure! So, might as well eat everything in sight!" So horrible...but that's why I finally joined up here. To stop the downward spiral.

I need a maintenance plan, big time. I was thinking for maintenance I would include a third 5 bite meal and see how that goes. Then go from there, nice and slow. I want to relax the dieting and just maintain but I'm scared after these past weeks that I don't know how to maintain...i don't want a gain and lose cycle. What is your maintenance plan??

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:37 pm

I am far from maintenance.  However, I have been thinking about it.  I most likely will continue to fast through breakfast and add bites to lunch and dinner with little to no snacking in between.

Outside of being an emotional eater, I will have to train myself to think like a skinny person.  I think changing my mindset will help me reach goal and help me to maintain my goal range.  So far I have noticed that it is easier to stay on track when I allow myself extended bites for special occasions.  I don't feel like I am missing out on life while "dieting" and I take note of how good it feels to look the way I desire in my clothes.  I also try not to indulge for indulgence sake.  For instance, the next big event in my life is Father's Day.  So my intention is to be as POP as possible until then.  On that Sunday, I will extend my bites but stay within the pre-set bite limit.  Then a few weeks after that is Independence Day.  I will stay POP as much as possible until that day and then allow extended meals for the holiday and so on and so forth.  I will take it one bite at a time, one day at a time, one special event to look forward to at a time.  But by making these allowances now, my mind and body will be used to it once I reach goal and am trying to maintain.  I am hoping this will prepare me for everyday living where I won't feel the need to overindulge because I won't feel guilty or like I have missed out on anything.
(In addition to special events, I will also allow a pre-set bite limit for date nights.  But I will stay on plan during breakfast fasting and the 5 bite lunch.)

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:27 am

I like your plan very much, I may have to steal it! Very Happy

My number one problem is stopping eating once I go off plan. I just eat EVERYTHING in sight!!  I need to learn moderation and that a little fail doesn't need to turn into a huge 3,000,000 calorie disaster.

I was also thinking for maintenance of 5 biting for breakfast, lunch and dinner and on weekends not counting bites. So when Monday comes I get right back into it and lose what I may gain during the weekend. I have to keep weighing myself, too, because I think that's where I goofed. If I kept weighing and saw the damage maybe I could have gotten my act together sooner?  Sometimes, though, a bad weigh in backfires and I'm like, "well, what the heck,  I'm a such big  failure anyway, let's EAT!"

Oh yeah, I wanted to add that I love your idea of not snacking. Never snacking would be a great thing for maintenance.

Last edited by 5biter on Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:31 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added something I forgot.)

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:59 pm

My day 2 was going well...until dinner time and I ate more than 5 bites. Geez! Helloooo, how could I forget? Tomorrow I need to FOCUS!!!

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:30 pm

Today I decided to do my 5 bites breakfast and lunch and was great for breakfast and ate a little bit more than 5 for lunch. Calling the day So-so because I stopped before complete disaster! Wink I'm done eating for the day.

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:15 pm

So today went from "so-so" to a "BIG FAT FAILURE!" Pun intended. I am so fricken sick and tired of my weak-willed self!! Grrr! End of rant. Tomorrow is a new day...

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:16 pm

No worries.  Tomorrow is another day.  I think the fasting time between lunch and breakfast the next day is too much for anyone.  With the coffee (or not), it is always easier for me to fast for breakfast.  By the time lunch comes, I am starving.  I am then hungry again by dinner time.  Gum and calorie free drinks usually hold me over until sleep.  By then, hopefully, I sleep knowing I had a successful POP day.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:38 am

I was thinking starting my day with a 5 bite breakfast would help me stay regular (tmi!). But I think you are right. It is hard to skip dinner! I will skip breakfast tomorrow and 5 bite lunch and dinner. Here's to a successful day!!

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  5biter Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:33 pm

I have decided to listen to my body, for a change. Very Happy I'm taking a break from 5 biting. I'm receiving some loud and clear signals from my body right now that I need to recharge...missed period (haven't had it since Feb, even with the 25 lb rebound gain), major digestive problems and mood/emotional swings. Not to mention an insatiable appetite!

I'm forgiving myself for gaining what I did and moving on with a healthy outlook. I believe 5biting works!! And as the Doc says, it's only for the short term. It's time to recharge and love myself.

I may be back, never say never!!

Good luck to all!

5biter

Back to top Go down

New to forum...but not 5 biting... Empty I'm back at it 'cause it works!!

Post  5biter Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:53 pm

Hi All!

Back at it for 10 weeks!  I'll weigh in on Mondays and keep track of my weight here.

(7/14)I reread the book and the key I keep going back to is whether or not you REALLY want to lose to be thin or just sort of want to lose. The difference is commitment and FOCUS. I have decided I really want to lose and I am ready for the sacrifice.

7/7:  160.5
7/14:159.5 -- I wasn't on plan most of the week.
7/21:161 -- ditto
7/28:161
8/4:156.5
8/25:<--back from vacay

5biter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down