5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insanity's 5 Bite Journey

+6
Lisa
teaismyhappyplace
twilight*17
Readyforchange
Dmac
insanity
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

insanity's 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty Re: insanity's 5 Bite Journey

Post  insanity Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 am

Thanks Tea!

I had another good day.

B - 2 cups Chai Tea + splenda + coffeemate

L- 2 bites Salmon
- 1 bite Chicken
- 2 bites Rice

D- 2 bites Chicken Sausage
- 2 bites Brown Rice + Veggies mixture
- 1 bite cooked Turnip

I'm so happy I stuck to my 5 Bite for lunch, which was a birthday luncheon at a restauraunt. I feel so empowered. I brought my piece of cake home for my hubby and he really enjoyed it.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:43 pm

Weight: 164

Today was a bit of a challenge. I was hungrier than usual. From this morning on, my hubby and I were working on packing, labelling, and moving boxes to our storage unit. (We're moving out of our place by the end of this month) I think maybe the extra activity increased my appetite. I was able to stick to the plan, though.

B- 2 cups Chai Tea + splenda + coffeemate
- 32 oz. Powerade Zero (0 calories)

L- 3 bites Fiber 1 Shredded Wheat Cereal + 2% Milk
- 1 mini Baby Ruth bar (2 bites)

D- 2 bites Chicken Sausage
- 2 bites Broccoli + margarine
- 1 bite Penne Pasta + Red Pepper + margarine

S- cup of Beef Boullion (5 cals)

I was pretty hungry at dinnertime. I was seriously considering taking an extra bite, but I resisted. I am taking fairly large bites anyway, at least they feel large to me. I normally take small bites, and eating a Snickers bar in 5 bites feels like I'm taking large bites. So I think I'm on track with quantity.

I stuck a post-it note in my car of my next weight goal, "Under 140", to remind me of my target. When I feel hungry during the day, I think about why I'm doing this and how great I will feel and look if I stay focused.

I haven't told anyone about the 5 Bite Diet, not even my hubby. We don't usually eat at the same time, and even when we do, he doesn't really pay attention to how much I'm eating. I think I will tell him AFTER I successfully lose alot of weight. Very Happy

(edited to add my evening snack)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:36 am

Way to go your doing awesome keep it up
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:11 pm

Day 6

Today I walked a 5K race. My hubby had signed us up weeks ago, but now with my shin splints, I can't run. I came in last. I'm ok with that, though. I was the only walker who walked the whole distance. Several people must've run for a little while, then walked the rest of the way. Anyway, I'm happy that I burned some extra calories today. My shin was a bit tender while walking, but it felt fine afterwards. If my leg feels ok tomorrow, I know that I can start walking regularly again.

I didn't go to the food area, but my hubby grabbed a sesame bagel, my fav, plus a banana and a tangerine.

I counted calories today:

B- 2 cups Chai Tea with Splenda + Coffeemate (~180 cals)

L- 1/2 egg + cheese on sesame bagel (5 bites, 250 cals)

D- 3 bites broiled Swordfish (~3 oz, 151 cals)
- 2 bites Green Peas (~ 1/4 cup, 29 cals)
- 1 tsp margarine on peas, 16 cals
- juice from one lemon, 12 cals

Total cals for the day: 638

The egg sandwich on my bagel was a nice indulgence. Hubby ate the other half. This will probably be a higher-calorie day than usual because of the sandwich, but it was worth it and I'm happy I stuck to 5 bites.

This is Day 6 of being fairly strict 5 Bite. It's getting harder. My thoughts keep turning to my hunger and food during the day. I'm a bit worried that I will not be able to stick to it long-term. It's PMS week, so that probably isn't helping with hunger. I'm always ravenous around this time each month. I really want to stick to 5 Bite until I get down to 120 lbs. I WILL stick to 5 Bite until I get down to 120 lbs. I will then continue losing down to 110, but I think I may increase my bites a little and lose the last 10 slowly.

I'm really enjoying NOT counting calories, so I don't think I'll make a habit of it.

Last edited by insanity on Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add dinner and daily calorie total)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:14 am

your doing great! keep it up cheers
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks for the encouragement Dmac and Starbucks!

Weight today: 163 or 164, it was hard to read the scale this morning.

I'm staying strong today.

B - 2 cups Chai Tea with splenda + coffeemate (180 cals)

L - 5 bites Banana (~91 cals)

D - 2 bites Chicken Sausage
- 2 bites Penne Pasta with Red Pepper
- 1 bite Broccoli

The banana was the one from the race yesterday. It was so fresh and tasty. I just love bananas, but when not on 5 Bite, I avoid them since they're high in calories. I'm glad I had one today.

Last edited by insanity on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added dinner)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:01 pm

Great job! i like how ur kinda hitting all the food groups too.
and bananas---- the best! i can eat like 3-4 just doing nothing, and they always feel like they are low in cals cuz they are airy and not juicy but they are tricky!! glad u got ur little treat Smile
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:59 am

Tea - Thanks! I do try to eat healthy, and hopefully with eating a variety of foods + vitamins, I'll get sufficient nutrients. I did feel like I was having a treat. I can totally eat 3 or 4 also.

Today is exactly 1 week since I started strict 5 Bite Diet.

Weight today: 162 lbs
Starting weight last week: approx. 168 lbs

Today a wore a pair of slightly smaller pants that didn't fit a few weeks ago, yah!

B - 2 cups Chai tea with splenda + coffeemate

Walk - 25 min

L - 1 bite walnuts
- 2 bites grapes
- 1 bite plum
- 1 bite baby carrots

D - 2 bites baked salmon
- 3 bites lima beans with margarine

I ran out of energy while doing some more packing tonight. I pushed on and got as much done as I could. I think I'll make a cup of Sleepytime tea, that's been helping with evening hunger.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:12 am

Way to go insanity 6 lbs this week. cheers your doing great. That's inspiring keep it going.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks Dmac.

I slipped up last night. Sad I was doing well during through the end of my work day, although I was especially hungry. Then, my husband asked me to pick up a pizza for dinner on the way home. I really didn't want to eat pizza, but he didn't want to cook (he does all of the cooking at home, his choice) so I picked up the pizza. I thought he would freak if I ate less than a slice of pizza, so I thought I would have 1 whole slice. It tasted soooooo good, so I thought I would have 2 slices. Then I had the rest of my leftover lima beans from last night. Then I had some other stuff. And some other stuff. It became basically a binge.

Today I'm back on 5 Bite, with lunch being 3 bites baked salmon, 1 bite plum, and 1 bite grapes. However, I also had 3 cups of tea plus 1 cup of coffee, all with coffeemate. So it's a higher than usual calorie day. Sigh. I hope tomorrow will be better.

I'm worried about Easter. We're attending a family lunch on Sunday at my hubby's Aunt's house. His family always has SO much food at family dinners, plus many desserts. I want to stick to 5 Bite, but I also want to eat alot of the good food. I know that if I stick to 5 bites, the food will taste that much better. But I won't get to even taste everything. But if I eat alot, there goes a fair amount of my progress. Argh. I'm seriously considering taking Sunday as an off-day. Now I REALLY wish I'd stuck to the diet last night.

insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:27 pm

Way to go hoping right back on today. That's awesome don't let regret frum last night or worries of difficulty on Easter mes with today or tomorrow stay strong
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:11 pm

I really way-overdid the food this weekend. Since I planned to splurge for Easter, I started more like Friday. pale And it was SO not worth it. Even though the Easter food was pretty good, it wasn't even a traditional ham dinner like I was expecting. I totally could've done 5 Bites and not felt so overfull and bloated as I did. I'll remember this experience for the future.

I'm trying to stay on track for today. I did have coffee this morning, in addition to my usual tea, so that's some extra calories.

L - 2 bites Greek yogurt + walnuts
- 3 bites Plum

D - 2 bites Chicken Sausage
- 3 bites thin spaghetti + sauce + fresh red peppers

Just over a week until I leave for vacation. I want to get solidly back into the 5 Bite routine and continue that through vacation. Although, while with my family I'll probably be doing 5 bites, 3x a day, so I can join my Grandmother for breakfast.

Even though I ate alot over the weekend, I think my hungerstat is still mostly set. I wasn't starving today, although I am a bit hungry tonight. I still have my Perrier to look forward to, and a cup of Sleepytime tea.

Last edited by insanity on Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added dinner)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri May 27, 2011 7:36 pm

I fell off the wagon, then tried to get back on 5 bite a couple of times and failed to stick with it. I'm giving it another go. This time, I'm including my hubby in my support system. I had a talk with him, and although I didn't give him the specific details of the diet, he said he had no problem with me following an extreme diet. Hurray! Hopefully I can stay strong and stick with it this time.

Late in July, I'll turn 40. I had really hoped to lose all of my excess weight by then. It would be awesome to lose a significant amount by then. I have 2 months, so here we go.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri May 27, 2011 7:47 pm

Good job getting back on. I think spouse support helps alot
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  thinderella Mon May 30, 2011 2:04 am

Hey insanity, hows your progress so far? Smile

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue May 31, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks for checking in. I had a rough time over the long weekend, then today at work we had a retirement party and I indulged. Also, I'm having dinner at a friend's house this evening. I swear, I have zero will-power. Tomorrow's a new day, so I am hoping to go strict for the next 3 days.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:16 pm

FINALLY, a perfect day so far. I'm planning a run/walk after work. Hopefully dinner tonight goes well.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:33 am

Restart, Day 1:

B - 1 cup coffee w/creamer, 1 cup chai tea w/creamer
L - 2 bites greek yogurt, 3 bites granny smith apple
D - 1 slice thin-crust pizza

Tai Chi - 1 hour

I had planned to have yogurt and fruit for dinner, but hubby brought me 3 slices of pizza home. I couldn't resist. The pizza was a bit more than 5 bites, maybe like 7 actual bites, but I'm thrilled that I stopped at one slice. It was difficult to stop.

Tonight I finally got back to my tai chi class! I hadn't trained in about 2 months. It felt so good to get back. I think my stress fracture has finally healed and I am gradually getting back to some running.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:47 pm

Hey, Insanity,

Great will-power! Keep it up.

oh, and Tai Chi is a wonderful thing.

Peace,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Day 2:

B - coffee w/creamer

L - tea w/creamer
- 2 bites Greek yogurt
- 3 bites strawberries

D - 2 bites Greek yogurt
- 3 bites strawberries

Run/walk - about 2 miles
Bodyweight leg work + ab + warmup/cooldown - 50 min

I was really mentally drained after work, but the run and workout made me feel better. I wasn't even that hungry when I finally finished my workout, and thought about fasting for the evening. I did eat my dinner though. I like to take vitamins every day and can't take them on an empty stomach. I prefer to take some with lunch and some with dinner, so I don't have to mix them all in my stomach at once.

I discovered that 1 Chobani Greek yogurt contains about 6 perfect bites. I feel great. I have more energy and I'm not obsessing about food for a change. I woke up dreaming about food and feeling hungry. However, I started the day with my customary coffee + creamer and feel fine now.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Way to go insanity I haven't 5 bited yogurt I was afraid it wouldn't satisfy but it sounds like it does. I dreamed about food last night also
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:45 pm

Thanks Dmac. I find the Greek yogurt more satisfying than regular yogurt like Yoplait or something. Although I haven't tried 5 Bite with regular yogurt, I feel the same as you, that it probably wouldn't be very satisfying. I'm going to try some watermelon today. It doesn't seem like that great of a 5 Bite food, but I need to eat it, so I'll give it a shot.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:25 pm

Day 3 - Wed

B - coffee w/creamer

L - 2 bites Greek yogurt
- 2 bites strawberry
- 2 bites watermelon

D - 2 bites Greek yogurt
- 2 bites strawberry
- 2 bites watermelon

Workout: 1 hour cardio + bodyweight strength and balance work

I had dinner around 9:15pm, after my workout. I felt nauseaus shortly after I ate and considered having a bite of protein or granola bar (bars or more fruit and yogurt was basically all that was available). I toughed it out, though, and felt better after a little while. I think eating so late + taking my vitamins caused the feeling.

I made it through the first 3 days, hurray! I hope to stay on track long-term this time. I am worried about the weekend, but I shall try to stay strong. I'm slowly rereading Dr. Lewis's book, and actually I'm typing it out so I'll have an electronic copy available.

insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:32 pm

You are doing awesome sounds like some Sirius deduction typing it out. And five bites of Good for you food way to go. cheers
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

insanity's 5 Bite Journey - Page 2 Empty You're an Inspiration!

Post  live_exceptionally Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:52 am

Especially with all of that exercise! I like seeing how you piece together your 5 bites instead of them all coming from one food. Very clever.

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next