5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5BD : Round 2

+2
Dmac
starbucks addict
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty 5BD : Round 2

Post  starbucks addict Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:50 am

Hi everyone!

I have been on 5BD before and have gained - my lowest was 113 but put on weight after holidays! Have read other peoples journals which have motivated me to get back on the wagon.

Stats:

CW: 122.4
GW : 110

Mini goals:
118 by 11 april
114 by 18 april
110 by 25 april

I really need to buy some new work clothes but want to wait until I reach 110 before I go so am giving myself 3 weeks to shift this weight.

daily weigh in
monday 4 april 122.4
tuesday 5 april 120.6
wednesday 6 april 120
thursday 7 april 119.4
friday 8 april 118.6
saturday 9 april 120
sunday 10 april 120
monday 11 april 118
tuesday 12 april 117.4
wednesday 13 april 117.8
thursday 14 april 118.6
friday 15 april
saturday 16 april
sunday 17 april

Am posting to keep myself accountable.

Will let you know how tomorrow goes!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:54 pm; edited 5 times in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty Day 1

Post  starbucks addict Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:56 am

weight 122.4
breakie - coffee
lunch - 4 bite tuna and cheese toastie
- 1 bite wonton
dinner
- 2 bite fish
- 1 bite rice
- 2 bite marshmellow

starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 2

Post  starbucks addict Tue Apr 05, 2011 1:48 am

weight : 120.4

breakfast
- coffee
lunch
- 5 bite english muffin with sausage and cheese
dinner
- 3 chicken nuggets
- small fries

Snack
10 gummy worms!

was really hungry yesturday after noon but managed to pull through by immersing myself in watching gossip girl!
am so excited about my 2 pound loss from just 1 day! probably just water weight but oh well il take it!
going to usher concert tonight so excited! i think we are all grabbing quick dinner at mc donalds before hand though so need to think of game plan for my 5 bites. maybe il just get nuggets.

* update - as you can see i failed miserably at keeping to 5 bites at dinner. was planning to just have 2 fries but I think I was overestimating my willpower! and lets not get started with my gummy worm failure! I feel a little better knowing that I still managed to lose a little weight (just happy I didn't gain!) but definitely don't want to make a habit of giving myself snacks here and there.

Last edited by starbucks addict on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:45 am; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty Re: 5BD : Round 2

Post  Dmac Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:11 am

Congratulations on the 2 lb lost that's sweet
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:48 am

Starbucks Addict,

Welcome!

It sounds like you are off to a great start. You will reach your target in no time. It is always great to be excited about weight loss. Two pounds is awesome! Think of it as two pounds that you no longer have to carry around.

Have fun at the concert. I am so jealous!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Good job, keep at it! The third day is always the hardest for me, every time I restart...

Lisa

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 3

Post  starbucks addict Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:42 am

thanks heaps for the support Dmac, Ready for change and Lisa Very Happy It really helps to know that I'm not alone in this!

Day 3

weight 120

breakie: coffee
lunch: 2 bite roast pork, 1 bite duck, 2 bite fried rice
dinner: 2 bite pork bun, 3 bite brownie

I have cheesecake brownie baking in the oven right now. Gonna have to have some major power to not demolish it all! I think I'm gonna have a 2 bite dinner so I have have 3 bite brownies lol.

by the way just wanted to know how everyone counted their bites. Do you count each physical bite that you take or just roughly portion out 5 bites of food and eat it slowly? I portion out bites as I am someone that eats really little bites (it would take me at least 20bites for a snickers bar). I portion my bites to be about the size of a chicken nugget do you think thats a normal bite size?

starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 4

Post  starbucks addict Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:45 pm

weight 119.4 (total loss of 3 pounds)

breakfast - coffee
lunch - 3 bite brownie, 2 bite ice cream
dinner 5 bite sausage roll
* 3 bite chicken (my friend had chicken, i could not resist! need to learn to be stricter on myself!!!)

initially was a little disappointed with such little weight loss from yesterday but then when i put it into perspective of 3 pounds in 3 days it is actually really good! also maybe because I am less than 10 pounds to my goal it comes off a little slower. has anyone else had the same thing happen to them? also i do have coffee with milk in it so have not been 100% vigilant in that regards. Will need to train myself to have no milk and sugar. Not looking forward to that Shocked

Last edited by starbucks addict on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 5

Post  starbucks addict Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:29 pm

weight 118.6

today will be a challenging day for me as I'll be working in the kitchen, probably on desserts Shocked i will have to be very self controlled!

breakfast: none
lunch: 5 bite tortilla wrap with sausage
dinner: 2 bite smoked salmon
2 bite cheese
2 bite bread roll
1 bite brownie
1 bite couscous
1 glass sprite
snack: 1 bite brownie, 1 bite calamari, 1 chip

arggg, as you can see today did not go well for me at all. I weighed myself tonight and am at 121.6 Crying or Very sad thats a gain of 3 lbs in one day!!! i am hoping like hell it is some water weight and will go down by tomorrow morning. for some reason whenever im working in the kitchen i always gain weight, even if i eat less on a normal day when im not working. you would think that standing up 12 hours straight compared to sitting down at the office and going to school (what i usually do) would make you lighter but i always feel heavy after a night there. will update my weight tomorrow. it feels like my whole weeks work has been ruined by one day Evil or Very Mad
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 6

Post  starbucks addict Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:28 pm

weight 120 - gain of 1.4 pounds in 1 day!

my mini goal was to be 118 on monday (day Cool and am still wanting to achieve this so will be totally strict with myself today. In the kitchen again. on sunday i will start doing just snickers for a week to see if that improves my loss.

breakfast tba
lunch tba
dinner tba
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:46 pm

That would be very hard working in a kitchen while on a diet my hat is off to you
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:06 am

thanks dmac but I did not do well at all today Sad i am one of those people that have really bad self control especially around desserts! I just weighed in at 122.8 which is over my starting weight. I dont even know how it is possible to gain 4 lbs in 2 days but i managed to. however i won't be cooking again in the kitchen until next saturday. Dmac how did you find doing snickers only? I haven't done it before but maybe it will help me loose faster. I am going to australia in 20days so really want to be at my goal weight of 110 by then so will try and stick on snickers only until then (apart from the saturday when im in the kitchen as we have staff meals).

weight 120 morning, 122.8 night

breakfast 3 bite brownie, 2 black coffees
lunch: 3 bite salmon, 2 bite bread with cheese
dinner: 4 bite steak, 4 bite bread roll, 2 bite cheese, 1 bite spinach, 1 gingerbeer (11 bite total!)
snacking throughout the day: 8 bite meringue, 2 bite cake, 1 pita chip, 3 bite profiteroles

as you can see lunch was not too back but it was the snacking throughout the day that added up! it is my last day this saturday so at least the obstacle will be eliminated as my willpower is obviously no match for it!

starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:51 pm

dont freak out over the gain, if you ate lots of sugar you probably put on water weight. sugars tend to pull water into the body. Similar effects happen from eating lots of salt so be careful of that too. i highly doubt u gained that much in only a few days, but also consider that you probably didnt lose all that in FAT in a few days either, you probably lost water and then gained back some water too. Don't stress, just come back to the diet, in a day or 2 of behaving on this diet you will lose it again and be back to your "pre-dessert treat day" weight. Smile
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:08 pm

thanks Tea! yeah you are right the loss would not have been all fat and I'm sure the gain and loss in general was mostly water. and i do put alot of salt on my food (i like sea salt flakes!) so maybe its that. and also the giner beer lol i think i went a little overboard last 2 days.

I weighed this morning at 120 so not as bad as last night.

Today so far:

Breakie: nonfat cocoa cappacino
Lunch: snickers
Dinner: 5 bite english muffin + cheese and pattie

plan to have snickers for lunch and dinner. my parents want me to go out for dinner with them tonight but might skip it as need to keep temptation away!!!

lunch went well, had snickers and starting to get hungry again but only 2.20 at the moment. having a lot of peppermint tea so should keep me going until dinner. managed to get out of going out for dinner tonight so will do snickers again.

update - so was really hungry from 3-5 was even feeling a bit dizzy but just keep going with my tea and managed not to eat yay! cooking dinner now aren't able to have chocolate again for dinner i felt quite sugar loaded after lunch so making english muffin with cheese and meat patty having 5 bites of that.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 5 of 20

Post  starbucks addict Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 pm

weight ...... drumroll please ........... 118 exactly Very Happy my mini goal for today was 118 !

I am super pleased about this especially since i had major setbacks on friday and saturday.

its amazing how quickly you can bounce back after doing it properly (even though i did have milky coffee!) for even just a day.

however i am still quite hungry i was hungry last night and ever since i woke up this morning but hunger is one of those things that go away if you ignore it for awhile.

will update food as i eat today

breakie: cocoa cappacino nonfat (i will stop having this once my weight loss stalls)
lunch: 3 chicken nuggets, happy meal size fries from mc d's (went over my bites Shocked ) - hopefully won't affect the loss too much!
dinner: 2 bite beef, 1 bite rice, 3 bite cucumber, 2 bite marshmellow
snack: 2 bite cake, 2 bite brownie!

so today was a fail. will hope back on wagon again tomorrow though.

Last edited by starbucks addict on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 3 of 20 day challenge

Post  starbucks addict Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:49 am

weight 117.4

breakie: tall white mocha frappacino
lunch: 4 bite sushi, i bite mochi
dinner : 4 bite sushi, 1 bite mochi

was really surprised i still had a loss after yesturday. the gain might show up tomorrow though. was still really hungry today. hopefully hunger will pass by tomorrow.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:55 pm

stay strong the hunger will pass. I always find that my greatest weight loss is when i tough out a night of really wanting to eat- the next morning my stomach is flat and im usually .2-.3 lbs lighter (even when im close to my goal weight) i try to use that as a motivator.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 am

You're doing great, keep it up!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:21 am

Starbucks,

Tea is right, stay strong. The hunger will pass. You are a fighter. Hang in there and you can reach your goal.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:39 am

thanks for all your support guys! honestly could not do this without you.

today still hungry but not as painfully so as the other days Smile

weight 117.8

breakfast coco cappacino
lunch 3 bites english muffin, 2 bite chocolate marshmellow
dinner 6 bites meat pie
** extra : 1 pkt m&ms

arrgh, the m&ms got the better of me today. will try not to dwell too much on this, but tomorrow make sure i won't snack. will also cut out my cappacinos from now

just weighed and am at 120.6! so up nearly 3 lbs from this morning Crying or Very sad am hoping this is water weight as i did drink about 5 cups of tea in the last 3 hours (air conditioning at work super cold!)

starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 5 of 20

Post  starbucks addict Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 am

weight 118.6

breakie green tea
lunch 3 bites english muffin with bacon and egg, 2 bites coconut jelly
dinner 5 bite raspberry meringue tart with cream

actually had 'dinner' at 2.30pm cause i couldn't resist the dessert that i had made so will skip dinner tonight. Im not sure why I am gaining so much last few days i know i had a snack here and there though and might be weight loss before was not 'true weight loss'. having some chamomile tea at the moment so hopefully will get rid of excess water.

I am freaking out a little i have 9lbs to go and only have 2 weeks until my trip so tomorrow will try and eat protein for all my bites and see if that speeds things up a little. also when i eat carbs it makes me crave more so will see if it curbs appetite like it is supposed to.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

5BD : Round 2 Empty day 6 of 20

Post  starbucks addict Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:07 pm

weight 118
am glad that it has come back down a bit. however i think it might have gone up due to day to day fluctuations but it totally messes up with my mind! i have thought about weighing in once a week but really scared that il weigh in and have gained like 5lbs or something !!!! the not knowing kinda freaks me out a bit because this is how i gained my weight back initially - from going overseas for 7 days and not having access to a scale to keep me in check everyday (i did also eat alot! lol). I know it sounds silly. does anyone else ever have the same problem and how often do you weigh?

breakfast
lunch
dinner

Last edited by starbucks addict on Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:57 am

Up until now, when I've been away from home and can't count calories, I totally fallen apart and binged like there was no tomorrow. I usually only weigh myself a couple times a week at most. Weighing myself doesn't really help me keep control.

Counting calories has worked well for me at times, but I think 5 Bite works best. I can't count calories if I go to a restaurant or to someone else's house, but I can count bites anywhere.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:21 pm

thanks insanity - yeah thats true counting bites is more 'accurate' and do able in any situation!

urg, yesturday was a total disaster. failed to do my protein thing and was going fine un until after lunch. lunch had 2 bite marshmellow and 3 bite english muffin.
But i was at home all day yesturday (which is the first day that i havn't had work everyday since forever) and just started snacking on everything that we had at the house Sad
first it was a bite of chocolate, and i think that totally opened the floodgates where i kept craving more and more food! ended up eating (please dont judge!) 1 marshmellow egg, 2 piece nougat (bite size), 2 bite shortbread, 1 scoop sorbet, 4 bite coconut pudding! i wasn't even hungry at all but i was just wanting more and more food!

then for dinner i went out and had a chicken drumstick and like 15 fries! and 1/2 bottle cider and ginger beer.

on the good note weighed in today and was 118.4 so was expecting much more of a gain but will probably show up after today. I need to get my head back in the game. today working in kitchen again so will start sunday.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:28 pm

we would NEVER judge u- we have all been there more times than we care to admit.
dude, atleast u were still counting bites! that is respectable, whenever i go nuts i have no idea what comes over me and i have no idea how many bites i consume. Just make sure that u come back on the diet quickly and u will see that the damage was not bad, just dont let it compile day after day, u have to leave ur cheat day behind u and jump back on the diet. u can do this!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next