5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Fresh Start

4 posters

Go down

A Fresh Start Empty A Fresh Start

Post  live_exceptionally Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:43 am

I was going to start today, but I had some back pain medication that I was told I had to take after a meal, so I had some toast this morning. I've decided that i'm going to continue on with my day as if I hadn't, and I was still on track, ^_^ Maybe that will make it easier to stick to tomorrow!

Height; Around 167 (5'6")
Weight: 96 kgs.

Where the caluclator on The Slimming Station puts my ideal weight: 52 kgs.

My personal (and highly flexible goal): 55 kgs.

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty Re: A Fresh Start

Post  Kaci002 Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:32 am

Hi There

I did the same, had a normal breakfast then decided to start the diet in full rather than going another day of eating, did seem to help me get thru the first day.
Each day gets easier so hang in there

Best of luck
Kaci

Kaci002

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty An Official Day 1

Post  live_exceptionally Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:49 am

I'm actually going to do the snickers for a couple days to get the portions down pat. I did the diet for only a week before, when I wasn't super active as a teacher, and the snickers made it a no-brainer. I notice that it's much more difficult these days when I get home from teaching late a night, I just want to eat while watching something on the computer. It's an ingrained habit. However, I'm feeling very optimistic about today and feel like it'll be smooth sailing.

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty End Day 1

Post  live_exceptionally Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:23 pm

It went swimmingly today, and I was able to avoid the midnight nosh, so 5 bites of brownie points to me! I'm happy it's the weekend.

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:40 pm

Hi live_exceptionally! It's great to meet you, and I LOVE your name. It's so positive.

I know what you mean about taking pills on an empty stomach. I only take Tricor, which I could probably take on an empty stomach, but I just cannot take my vitamins, minerals, and fish oil on an empty stomach. It sounds like you're doing great! Let's keep up the good work.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty Thanks!

Post  live_exceptionally Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:06 pm

I like you name, too! And I'm a pretty big Corpse Bride fan, lol. Yeah, honestly nighttime has been the hardest thing for me. I'll admit, I've added a few extra bites of kim (seaweed) and crackers during my midday slump, although I'm hoping to completely eliminate that tomorrow. As of midday today, I'm down 1.5 kg, which isn't too shabby! Onward and upwards (or is it downwards? Laughing )

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty Week 1, Day 1

Post  live_exceptionally Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:40 am

I decided I wanted to change the way I was thinking about the date, hence the Week and Day. This weekend was kind of a mixed bag for me. I stayed pretty true, until last night when I rather crashed. I still ate way less than I normally would, but I'm still not happy with the results. I told my partner yesterday: "Just remind me that it's an emotional craving!"

That is the hardest part. Having been so conditioned to associate food with showing someone appreciation or love, or friendship, it's hard to cut back in social settings in specific! Then I have really emotional reactions to telling myself no to comfort foods... I miss the days when I was a much more logical person. Suspect

Anyway, so a slight reboot. I'm wondering how everyone does with their motivations. I've got a couple of systems in place, lol. I have mini-goals every 5 kgs, where I get something I want to do (most of them are pretty active), like going bowling or to a baseball game. Then I have a piggy bank where I keep a money (for example, I have a set amount of money I put in if I go over my bites in a day) and when I reach my BMI goals (out of the obese range, out of the overweight range, and to my goal weight) I'm allowed to take that money and spend it on things like new clothes, a haircut, art supplies, books, etc. I'd love to hear about other's inspirations!

tl;dr: Sort of day one again. I have strong emotional ties to food. Can't wait until I hit 83 kgs. Cool

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty Week 1, Day 2

Post  live_exceptionally Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:43 am

Yesterday went well. I'm lucky to have such a supportive partner. I did have a few extra bites because my schedule as a teacher leaves too many hours of no food between lunch and dinner, but I figure perfection is just keeping on doing your best until you get it right.

This morning has already been difficult because, due to horrendous back pain, I have to take some medication with food. I had a piece of toast... I've never been a breakfast eater. But I don't know how to balance this need to have breakfast with the rest of the plan... Anyone have any ideas?

My current weight is 93.8, which is roughly 2 kgs lost. Not too shabby. That puts me 10 kgs from my first major goal weight. Keep strong, everyone! cheers

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

Post  forever donna Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:33 pm

Does sugar free jello have any calories? Maybe something like that or celery would be enough that you could eat a small amount to take your meds with.

forever donna

Back to top Go down

A Fresh Start Empty That's a good idea, thanks!

Post  live_exceptionally Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:38 am

They aren't something I take regularly, just as necessary, so I always find myself in a lurch. Living in Korea is awesome, but I haven't seen Jello here, yet, lol.

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down