5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 bites 1 crepe at a time! : )

4 posters

Go down

5 bites 1 crepe at a time!  : ) Empty 5 bites 1 crepe at a time! : )

Post  diet74 Wed May 05, 2010 2:34 pm

So , if anyone has read my introduction, they will know that I lost 32 pounds last year on this diet.

I went though my food journal from last year as motivation..... And I had forgotten that sometimes I would make a single crepe for dinner and eat it as 5 bites.

Here is the recipe I used:
2 Tbsp flour
1 egg
2 Tbsp soy milk
a little melted margarine or butter
1 tsp sugar

basically depending what mood I was in, I would make a savory crepe and fill it with cheese, in which case I would not put sugar in the dough, but a dash of salt.
Or my favorite is making the crepe and spreading nutella on it.....yum yum

I am French and I grew up on nutella and crepes.....this recipe works pretty well, considering you only want to make 1 crepe .....dont wanna tempted to make more.
It takes 5 minutes to make.

I use soymilk cause I don't use real milk, but obviously any milk is fine.
Play around with the amount of milk....until you get the right consistency.
I also like to use whole wheat flour cause it makes it thicker and more filling....

I spread the batter in a medium sized pan on medium heat.(coat pan with nonstick spray)
When the crepe is ready I spread my cheese or nutella on one half of it and then I fold the crepe into 4 so I have a triangle.
And I get 5 bites out of that.....

You get some calcium from the milk, protein form the egg, a bit of fat from the melted spread/butter, you can even get veggies if you add spinack or grilled mushrooms to a cheese crepe.....Voila! C'est tres bon!

Laughing
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

5 bites 1 crepe at a time!  : ) Empty Yum

Post  Phil Thu May 06, 2010 12:35 am

That is a BRILLIANT idea Diet74 i am going to try this!

I love crepes and pancakes Razz

Thanks for the Idea Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

5 bites 1 crepe at a time!  : ) Empty Re: 5 bites 1 crepe at a time! : )

Post  walkerlori Thu May 06, 2010 2:45 am

Oh man, now I want a crepe.

That's a great idea!
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 Thu May 06, 2010 8:02 am

well I'm glad it helps.

Like I said, play with the ingredients a bit. Especially with the milk because the consistency might vary depending on which type of milk and which type of flour you use.

For a sweet crepe you could add 1/4 tsp vanilla extract also, or a dash of cinnamon...Whatever you fancy!

When I go to France (I'm French but I live in the UK right now) my mom makes me "the real thing". We use sifted flour, whole milk, and lots of melted butter.....watch out arteries!!!! and she always adds the liqueur Grand Marnier....the bomb! hahahaha

We also like to go to specific crepe restaurants called Creperies , and they have all sorts. You can really do anything you want at that point.
I usually have one with tomotoes, mushrooms, onions and melted goat cheese...woooooaaaa
My fiance likes the pizza crepe which is delicious.....it uses all sorts of local cheeses.
My brother 's favorite is kind of like a pizza crepe , with a fried egg on top ! weird, but hey!!!

So it's so versatile that you can actually use anything you want.

When I started the 5 bite diet last year , being a vegetarian, I wanted to make sure that I had some good quality protein.
So I make sure I incorporate a whole egg everyday in one of my meals.
I like whole meal bread and such , so I made my crepe with whole grain flour. It does make it thicker and my mom would cringe , hahahahah, her crepes are always so thin and lovely, but I like the fact that it's thicker. It really feels like it fills you up for longer.

I also always make sure I have some fat in each 5 bite meal, as with fiber and water, it is essential in staying regular, and good for the skin!
So I add a bit of healthy vegan margarine, or drizzle olive oil if I add melted goat cheese to the crepe!

ok, great, I am sitting here , 9am, with my coffee, and I want a crepe!!!
I'll have to wait for my lunch 5 bites!!!
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

5 bites 1 crepe at a time!  : ) Empty Yum

Post  Jenny P. Sun May 09, 2010 3:08 am

That is a great idea. I'm totally going to try it. Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down