5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexis' 5-bite Journey

+6
amu82
Snow White
Kaliopikat
rnsmile
insanity
Alexis2012
10 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 6 Empty Re: Alexis' 5-bite Journey

Post  Alexis2012 Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 am

Hi all.

My allergies are just plain miserable. I woke up early partly because I had a report to finish and because I can't really sleep anyway with my nose so stuff.

Anyway, I had the weirdest day yesterday diet-wise. I spent the entire day completely and utterly HUNGRY. I mean from morning to evening! At first it felt as if I wouldn't have an appetite because of the allergies, but after my first set of 5-bites I seemed to be STARVING all day. I ate the omelet with ham as my lunch and dinner bites so I know I had some protein in my bites. I also cooked the entire egg (not just egg whites) and I added some butter for fat to fill me up. It was as if I was eating air. My body spent the day hungry and thirsty. I also drank coffee with some HWC to help, but that didn't make a difference.

The only reason I didn't fall off plan was because I didn't have the time to fall off lol. There were no treats in the kitchen, no parties, and no gaps between seeing clients so I stuck it out until I got home and ate and extra few bites of hamburger to ease the hunger. I hope I don't have the same experience today lol. Ugh, my body is just so out of whack with this allergy/cold thing.

So my weight is back down this morning to 238lbs. I am thrilled about that. Onward and downward!!
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed May 23, 2012 11:25 am

Alexis Way to go you will be out of the 30's in no time. Rant away as well that's what we are here for we know what you are going through as we are going through the same. I found yesterday that restraining myself from eating everything in the house or going out in buy chinese or pizza was making me one cranky moma and I was very ill. It's amazing how much we come to depend on our food and how addictive it truly is. I felt like a crack addict not getting her fix it was horrible. I stuck to it and only had one extra instead of blowing my whole diet with a pizza or chicken fried rice..

Yay for your shirt being lose. I can't see myself buying anything until I get to my goal. I saw to awesome looking dresses and wanted to get them but I didn't want to spend the money on them. My mom was like buy a smaller size so you are determined to get into them, but I still can't see myself buying them. I will say this I do have smaller clothes from the last time I lost weight so when I can fit into them I will start looking at possibly buying other clothes but not until I get into them.

Anyway great going with your 5 bites and heading down to the 100's. I can't wait to rejoice with you when you get under the 200 mark. Keep up the good work.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Wed May 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Aww, thanks Michelle!! That really made my day.

Well I am having another hungry day. weird. I think maybe becuase my taste buds are a lil messed up it giving me this "empty" feeling that I think is "hunger". I eat after a bit I just don't feel "full" but I am not ravenous. Just hollow feeling. I think it's my stuffy nose and absent taste buds. We'll see. I get out at 5 today so I will eat my second bites as soon as I get home.

I hope everyone is doing well. We are at the half-way mark in the week so that is something to be happy about.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 24, 2012 1:28 am

so the day is nearly over and I couldn't be happy. My allergies seem to be improving. I had some stressful life stuff and of course wanted to stop at the store and pick-up some friends to talk to all night. I don't know if any of you know my friends: Hagen Daz and chocolate chip cookies.

They would have been the perfect crew to hang out with tonight and given me great comfort, but instead, I used my HUMAN friends and they were an even better option since conversation doesn't cause weight gain lol!

It's a process right.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Thu May 24, 2012 2:34 am

Hi Alexis, glad to hear the allergies are getting better for you. They are such an energy-drain. Good job on the loss, and excellent work on hanging in there though your body seems to be torturing you! Tomorrow will be better, hopefully. : )
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 24, 2012 3:31 am

My friends were/are tortilla chips and Pancho's cheese dip!!!! I meet up with my friends as often as I can but I don't waste 5 whole bites on them...lately just 2 and then I have three bites of something else and sometimes I dip the something else into the dip and then I can still taste it!!! That emptiness that you're talking about is true hunger...we are really not supposed to eat until we hear a growl. That has really put things into perspective for me...I never ate before when I was truly hungry, I just ate because I wanted to taste food. I think this diet has really helped me to understand more about hunger and fullness and this hungerstat stuff is pretty wicked...I mean the way it can be manipulated is so fascinating. So glad to hear your allergies are doing better!!!! : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 24, 2012 11:23 am

Holy Moly!!! This morning I weighed 236lbs!! So nuts and so exciting. I am so glad I held on and fought back when hunger strikes. For some reason I had really lost my appetite on 5-bites and somehow maybe it made a reappearance.

In other news, last night I decided to give shopping another try. I still need shirts and especially a new pair of pants. For the heck (or the torture) of it, I decided to try on the same pants I tried on last week when I went shopping. They were a 18 and almost made me puke a kidney after I forced the buttons closed lol. Well last night they closed without a problem and WITHOUT muffin top. So I am a size lighter. Yipppeeeedeeeeeedoooooddaaaaa!!!

Alright, I am so exhausted and only have like 30 mins to get ready for work. Stay strong everyone.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 24, 2012 11:40 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce YAY for NO MUFFIN TOP and keeping your kidney lol.. That's awesome Alexis. I'm glad your allergies are getting better as well. Isn't it so great that you can put on a size smaller and soon that 18 will just be 8 awesome job Alexis.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 24, 2012 10:32 pm

On April 22 you were 253...so you are 3 pounds away from having lost 20 pounds!!!!!!!!!! That is astounding woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're really doing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Keep on going!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Fri May 25, 2012 2:59 am

Wow...practically 20 in a month? That's really encouraging. That's excellent!
s
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Fri May 25, 2012 8:36 am

Well now I am 2 pounds away from the 20 lost club lol- 235 this morning friends!!! This is like the week out of the twilight zone with weight loss though, but I am not complaining LOL. 5 more pounds until I say goodbye to the 30's.

Yesterday I took some Claridin-D (you have to get it from behind the counter) and I instantly began feeling better. That feeling of emptiness and hunger also vanished. I was looking back at my calories over the week and when I was at my worst with the allergies, that is when I had the extra bites. I think my body probably wanted and needed extra calories on those days. Yesterday, my hunger was back to normal and I was able to eat my bites just fine.

HAPPY FRIDAY, PEEPS!!! We are totally getting this done. Another weekend to face the music as far as staying on plan. Let's start getting ourselves mentally prepared now.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Sun May 27, 2012 1:48 am

Staying strong at 235 and thrilled about that. So today was a much much much easier Saturday than last Saturday. I didn't need as much of a game plan as I did last week. It was one of those days where everything reminded me of my progress (i.e. baggy shirt and baggy jeans). I could have easily worn the size 18 jeans but they are worn out in the between thigh area. I will buy a new pair tomorrow and wear them somewhere - anywhere lol.

A friend and I took our kids to the farm today. I wanted to just count this as a "free day" but every time I went for a french fry or something I just put it back. I kept to my planned brown bag 5 bites to minimize temptations and just kept reminding myself that I am there to enjoy my friends company not use this as a day to pig out with her. It helped that she is one of those naturally thin people too so I secretly HATE her for it lol. She was like walking thinspiration lol.

So the night is nearing the end and I have a craving for something sweet, but I have nothing in the house lol. Good thing because if I did, I'd eat it right now. I guess I kinda want to "reward" myself for good behavior today or something lol.

I hope everyone did well tomorrow. I hope the scale has some good news for me tomorrow morning. I want to see 233 so badly on that darn scale.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun May 27, 2012 4:05 am

Your doing great staying focused wile out like that is very difficult keep it up your doing fantastic
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Sun May 27, 2012 11:18 am

Alexis, You are doing awesome.. Just look at how much your mentally toward your food has changed and the great results you are getting. I'm sure you will be seeing 233 on that scale maybe even lower. I'm glad it seemed easier for you today and I can't wait to see what Monday's weigh in brings. Keep up the great work my soon to be skinny friend.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 1:38 am

Alexis, you're doing great girl!!! An inspiration to everyone!!!! So glad this weekend was easier for you!!!! I'm hoping you hit your 20 pounds tomorrow morning!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon May 28, 2012 1:42 pm

Popping in to say Good luck and looking forward to your post today.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 6 Empty Wow

Post  ElleBella Mon May 28, 2012 7:15 pm

You are sooooooooooooooo amazing that you put the fries back down.. I don't know if I could do it..lol.. eeeek just the thought of them..lol But you did it!! WOW.. you need to dance around and sing at the top of your lungs how great you are and how amazing size 18 feels girl! bounce

Have a great day! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 10:07 pm

Alexis, I just wanted to say that you are the true inspiration here! I am sooooooooooo proud and excited about your progress!!!!!!! Keep it going girl!!!!!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Please come by and check out the 20 Day Streak Challenge! : )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 6 Empty Almost made it through the weekend

Post  Alexis2012 Tue May 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't written anything on the forum for the weekend. As you know Saturday went very well for me on the diet and surprisingly even Sunday went well, but I hit MAJOR trouble on Monday.I am not even sure why it all happened but I couldn't stop eating all day long. I think I was prepared to do well for two days and not three (lame excuse, I know). It all started with a handful of my daughter's golden fishes (which I don't even like) but suddenly I felt as if the day was already lost and just ate whatever. I was in a blah mood since I know it was the last day of the weekend and I’d be heading back to work on Tuesday morning with all the demands I have there. My only saving grace was that I don’t have any real junk in the house so it was kind of a pathetic binge that included fishes, a can of whipping cream, 1 skinny cow ice cream, 3 LC meals, and 4 spoonfuls of nutella, and I made a small box of brownie mix that I had in the back of the pantry. Luckily, the brownie was overcooked and I couldn’t really eat it lol.

So my weigh-in this morning showed some real damage! I am back up to 238lbs and it kinda sucks. There is some good news in all of this though. My clothes fit even better this morning than they did last week. I was really afraid that my new pants would be uncomfortably tight and my shirt would look all gross underneath. However, this morning, even my new shoes fit better and the pants are baggy and the shirt is roomy. That really helps to cushion the blow of my binge.

I am truly amazed at all the things I am learning on this weight loss journey. Yesterday’s fiasco cost me 3 pounds but I am back on the horse and those pounds will be gone in no time. In the past when I binge I stay off the scale as a way to avoid facing my mistake and I continue to eat the same way and therefore gain even more weight. Avoidance is already why I overeat. That I know now. What I didn’t know was that avoidance is also why I keep gaining weight after falling off plans. I avoid seeing the scale make that jump and it just leads to an even bigger gain. This morning I took my punishment like a grown-up and just do the work my butt off to fix it and avoid it next time.

Last edited by Alexis2012 on Tue May 29, 2012 5:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited to add: Maybe TOM was the cause? It showed up on Sunday. Whow knows.)
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Tue May 29, 2012 5:28 pm

Alexis, we all have those moments so just dust your self off and hit the 5 bites again today. I bet you will drop those 3lbs by your next weigh in. I think our bodies sometimes crave food since we are giving it so little and this binge will help to keep you focused again. This is a journey and as long as you are learning on the journey is all that truly matters. Keep your head held high and let the challenge begin.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue May 29, 2012 8:35 pm

As far as binges go, I'd say it was pretty mild!!!! It's funny what we now call a "binge." Your total calories was probably like maybeeeeeeeee 2,000...that's what most people eat in a day who aren't dieting. The 3 pounds wasn't a total 3 pound gain...mostly water and waste. You may lose the whole 3 today and be back even tomorrow morning. These things happen...the important thing is that you're back on track! Just keep coming back until you lose every pound you wanted to lose! Love ya, girl! Wink
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 6 Empty No kidding

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 1:49 am

You are doing great.. Good for dusting yourself off.. we all have days when we just gotta eat silly.. the funny thing is we eat things we dont even really like..funny how is that!

Your back on track now.. good job cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Wed May 30, 2012 3:19 am

Sounds like you're not alone, seems like everyone had a struggle at some point over the past couple of days. At least we're all still here. : )
Better day to all of us tomorrow!

That's funny about your clothing...the body is so weird, but in a good way. lol.
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Wed May 30, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks everyone for the amazing support.

Hi all:

I realized that I was actually up 4 pounds and not 3 pounds. It seems every food relapse brings on exactly 4 pounds on the scale.

Anyway today I am at 238lbs, but I feel amazing. I just feel so good. I had a snickers for lunch and 5 bites of a sandwich for dinner. I think I need to STOP eating when I am not hungry. I KNOW I wasn't hungry during dinner, but I ate anyway. I figured I might as well use my 5-bites since we only get 10 LOL. Then on top of that I still took BIG bites even though 1.) I wasn't that hungry and 2.) didn't even love my sandwich.

Food is such a complicated and multifaceted issue. I hate hearing that people just need to "eat less and move more" what an oversimplification!! Anyway rant over.

I am off to eat my first set of bites for the day. Back to eating banana sandwiches with nutella - YUM.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 6 Empty Yum Yum Yum

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 7:46 pm

I love Nutella and bananas as does my daughter.. being that she was raised on it in Germany.lol.. Hope it was so delish!

eat less move more.. uuugh.. I hear you on that.. I am a really good cook..and eating less is something I never could get.. but now being so controlled I think I am getting it..lol

Cheers!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next