5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexis' 5-bite Journey

+6
amu82
Snow White
Kaliopikat
rnsmile
insanity
Alexis2012
10 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 7 Empty Re: Alexis' 5-bite Journey

Post  Snow White Wed May 30, 2012 9:19 pm

Alexis, if you move more, won't you eat more???? I don't believe there is anything to eat less, move more!!!! Eat less, yes!!!!! We are doing this!!! You still have 2 pounds to make twenty, is that right???? You're almost there, girl....keep going!!!!! You can and you WILL do this! : ))))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 31, 2012 1:24 am

you are so right guys. Everyone and their pet has an opinion about why OTHER people get fat. Well it takes a FAT person to really get it and even then it's different for everyone fat person. We are doing it and only we know the effort just 1 pound loss can require.

It's so weird how these days I can almost hear my food thoughts and really deal with them. For example, a good friend from college found me on fb and I was thrilled about that. Before I accepted his friend request I took a look at what's he has been up to (grad schools, employments etc) and all of a sudden I felt as if I was inadequate in my post-college/grad school accomplishments. All of a sudden as I was scrolling down reading his profile this thought came to me (paraphrasing. It's hard to quote your thoughts lol): "Look at his amazing life. I had such a crush on him in college. I could really go for some dessert right now. What's in the fridge to munch on?" WHOA!! Now a simple (insignificant) fb profle could have easily lead to a 4 pound gain. I would have eaten something sweet to "feel better" or to "comfort" myself and then BAM! 4 pounds up.

Instead, I continued heating up my LC meal and will just eat that. My feelings, whatever they may be, should NOT be connected to my darn food. Anyway, instead of food, I decided to start thinking about this wish I have to throw myself a HUGE party for my 29th birthday in the fall. I have never had a party or even celebrated my birthday much and it's about time to throw a "me" party. More motivation to get this darn weight off!!

Ok, I hope everyone's doing well. I am going to check out our challenge thread now.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Alexis' 5-bite Journey - Page 7 Empty You are so great

Post  ElleBella Thu May 31, 2012 1:40 am

Wow.. you said it girl!!!! Get the Party planned just for you .. its a great idea.. Very Happy Enjoy your lc meal.. they are the best fillers.. Yay cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 31, 2012 1:55 am

Alexis , big ((((((hugs)))))) to you. This is where the being skinny makes you more confident in your self, but in reality even the over weight people can have confidence. You look at a profile of his accomplishment yet all could be lies or his road could have been hard kwim and no matter what you have accomplished a lot in your life I'm sure others look at you and say wow she's been there, accomplished this and is doing well for herself. I find we all have a way to deal with our emotion just like a druggy or an alcoholic, however I really believe we have it a bite worse because food is a requirement to continue to live. Im proud you resisted the binge and at you lc way to go girly. You should throw yourself a party that would be an excellent reward.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 31, 2012 4:17 am

Thanks, Michelle, your posts are always so thoughtful and your kind nature comes straight through the screen.

I am very happy for him and yes, I have accomplished some things too. I finished grad school May 2011 and did that while being a single mom with limited income and no family in this state and with a full-time unpaid internship. I guess sometimes my feelings act up and I use food to SILENCE it. I have some stress with my ex-husband and that usually piles on the pounds too, but this time around I am handling everything differently. About the confidence piece, yes, my weight does effect my self-confidence but I can honestly say it does not effect my self-worth, dignity, and self-esteem. I know I am a wonderful and hard working mom and I spend my days helping families who are really being beat up by their circumstances. I refuse to wait until the weight is off to live my life, but I am looking forward to living that life with less weight on lol.

So my good friend from St. Thomas is coming up this weekend - tomorrow night actually and I am so excited. It'll be so nice to have her and her little daughters staying with me these next few days. I plan to stick with my bites (thank god for the challenge) and I just want to enjoy her company. I don't have to make it a food fest lol.

I hope everyone is doing well. Stay strong!!
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 31, 2012 11:44 am

Alexis, Those are majour accomplishments I can sympathize with the college and kids it's tough and we have no family here and my dh hubby does not help with the kids so I'm a single married mom so I understand your situation what an awesome accomplishment. I hope you enjoy every bit of time your friend is here I'm sure she will notice your hard work on weight loss.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm

Thanks Michelle, doing anything after children is just sheer SUPER WOMAN TERRITORY lol. You rock! We all do!

Down another pound! 237lbs. I am so excited and to think I had a huge banana nutella sandwich and even a bite of dessert with my LC dinner. So awesome. I am really looking forward to another banana nutella.

It''s so strange because I feel so full when I eat that I have to actually look down at my plate and remind myself there is only 4-5 spoonfuls of food in it lol.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 31, 2012 3:11 pm

Alexis, I have become completely disgusted w/ facebook. It's really just a place for people to brag about their pretend lives. Even the pictures that people post are so fake...it's like people take their kids out for photo ops. The best moments are never captured with photos like when my son and I have a belly laugh over breakfast or play in the pool or when he says the sweetest things that are straight from the heart. Even if his accomplishments really happened, I'm sure you have learned more from the experience and are a much stronger person for it. Two people can achieve the same thing and one person can really have walked through the fire to earn it and is much stronger because of it! I'm not trying to male bash, b/c I love men, but sometimes the road is just easier for them. Sometimes we have to work twice as hard to get half of what they can just get up and walk into. Hugs! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Thu May 31, 2012 3:23 pm

Amen sister. Yes, we have a become a photo op culture with facebook and twitter. We live our lives "fake", "real" or "imagined" in fb photos. Great posts! You are so right about men. We love them but there is no denying that their path is easier.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 31, 2012 3:35 pm

Alexis, I also wanted to say that I feel like I have held back on living my life b/c of this weight. I haven't had a family picture taken in years b/c of the weight, I won't go meet with a friend who I haven't seen in years who is just 2 hours away b/c of the weight, I avoid shopping and wear clothes I really don't want to wear b/c I just don't want to buy them in the size that I am. But I'm trying to turn it around with some baby steps. Just over the last few weeks I started playing tennis which I love although I'm terrible! I just didn't want to be running around that court all fat. Last weekend at Target, they had these tennis skirts...I tried it on and a large actually fit me. My legs are gross w/cellulite but I bought it anyway and wore it the next time we played. I felt good in that tennis skirt and why should I care, why have I mentally tortured myself b/c of this weight? Because I really do feel good about who I am. I don't feel on the inside what I look like on the outside at all. A big problem I have with it is that I used to be really thin and cute...I could wear anything and it looked good. Since I've been there, I don't see any reason why I can go back there. The only thing holding me back from what I want is me. That's hard to admit, but it's true. No one and nothing can make me turn to food. I make me turn to food and I can make me stop doing that. Nothing and nobody else, just me!

Hey Alexis, lose that one pound today so we can celebrate your 20 pound loss! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce I'm sending weight loss mojo your way today! You can do it!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:59 am

How are you doing girl.. I hope you are having a wonderful day.... flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Alexis, I hope you've enjoyed your friend being here this weekend. Look forward to hearing about it soon.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:50 pm

Alexis, where are you????? You are missed!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:50 pm

Alexis hope all is well. I have missed your updates. Check in with us..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:29 pm

Hi girl.. hope you are ok.. miss you.. Smile
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:33 am

If you fell off the wagon, you can get back on...trust me I've done it a million times! All is well and I miss you! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:13 pm

Snow White wrote:If you fell off the wagon, you can get back on...trust me I've done it a million times! All is well and I miss you! I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

I agree with Snow White, we miss you.....
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:33 pm

Alexis come back to us, at least to just check in , even if your not doing the five bite right now. I would love to hear how your doing.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:54 pm

Where have you gone lovely lady.. we miss you.. Question
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content