5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting over

3 posters

Go down

starting over Empty starting over

Post  amu82 Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:18 am

Hi all,

i'm not new here but it has been a while since i posted. i'm going to try to start over, bc while I did have some success on this plan my sugar cravings got the better of me and so i fell off and kept hovering around losing/gaining the same few pounds. now that summer is just around the corner i'm going to try to get serious about this. My goal is to lose only about 10 pounds, or a pant size, whichever comes first. i'm 5'6 so to get to an 18.5 bmi i have to lose exactly 10 pounds from where i am now. ive heard the last few are the hardest so i'm going to tr not look at the scale bc that always discourages me. for me i feel more encouraged when my pants get looser which ive read sometimes happens before the scale reflects the changes.

so today is the first day, wish me luck!

amu82

Back to top Go down

starting over Empty Re: starting over

Post  Alexis2012 Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:25 pm

I am new here! Good luck. A BMI of 18.5 sounds great and only 10lbs away, lucky, lucky you Very Happy I'm rooting for you.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

starting over Empty hi !

Post  amu82 Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:16 am

hi Alexis, thanks for ure response. i read u're journal, i sounds like u're doing great!

yesterday went ok, i had 5 bites of a lara bar for lunch, then 5 bites greek salad at dinner.

i think from may 1st, i'm going to try to avoid eating sugar, bc that seems to set off major cravings for me. i was actually thinking about giving it up starting from yesterday but then i'd be wasting an entire box of lara bars which i bought in anticipation of this diet, before i realized that the sugar is whats making have cravings, bc as soon as i eat something sweet, i then want something salty, and then sweet, and then savory again, and its just a cycle. so i'm going to try starting from the first of the month to avoid the sweets and see if it makes dealing with cravings ne easier.

hope everyone has a great weekend!

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:38 pm

You'll be to your goal in a week or two if you stick with it...then you'll know how to lose it quickly if you start to gain in the future. That's great that you're almost to your goal! That's the way to do it, though...not let yourself get 100 pounds overweight before you try to do something about it! If we had all done what you're doing we would be suffering right now. You are doing the right thing and don't let your friends or family try to discourage you...keep on going! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

starting over Empty day 2

Post  amu82 Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:11 am

Hi snow white, thanks for your encouragement! its really hard sometimes to stay on track bc i have such a big family and everyone is always like EAT EAT EAT, and if you don't, they think you're being rude or weird Sad as i get to goal i really have to figure out a way not to succumb to the pressure of always giving in to the food pushers - i feel like that's a major part of the reason i failed before. sigh...

well day 2 went ok, had a lara bar for lunch again, and 5 bites thai green curry for dinner.

this morning my pants feel just a tad looser. hope everyone else is doing good Very Happy

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:41 pm

Yaaayyy for pants falling off our behinds!!! Good for you for getting through day 2!

This morning I was the same weight so as a boost I decided to try on a pair of jeans one size smaller than my current size. Well they fit. I have a muffin top, but that will shrink overtime. So, again, yaaayyy for lose jeans.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:38 pm

Food pushers ARE tough to deal with! But you have to protect what you have worked for! Once you've told them no once and they continue, what about telling them to stop being a food pusher and maybe they will stop and get the point!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:33 pm

I hear ya on the food pushers, snow white, and that is good advice. It's time for us to be "selfish" and think of our progress firsT. BTW, my daughter is turning out to be quite the little food pusher too. I guess she is so use to me finishing off her sandwiches, snacks, meals, and treats. All weekend, she's been shoving her last bite of food in my face and then gives me a weird look when I say "no". I think she forgot we have a GARBAGE for these things LOL. We are now training people to treat us differently.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

starting over Empty day 3

Post  amu82 Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:00 am

hi,day 3 went ok, lara bar for lunch (still finishing them off) and 5 bites tomato caprese salad.

Alexis - that's great news about your pants being looser! i find that happens to me too, that my body sometimes changes b4 the numbers on the scale so i try to go mainly by the way m clothes are fitting. thats funny about your daughter taking on food pusher role - i have a little one as well, and she's only 2 but she's already developing her own personality regarding food.

snow white - thanks for your encouragement. you're right, it's totally up to me to keep the food pushers in check, i'm just soooooo uncomfortable with awkward moments of "just take one bite" - at some point it's not even about the food anymore and becomes an ego/control issue thing. i never realized how emotional people sometimes get about food Shocked

hope everyone has a great start to the week

amu82

Back to top Go down

starting over Empty still going

Post  amu82 Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

hi all,

i haven't been posting bc i don't have anything new to report in terms of weight loss, although i have been sticking to the 5bites. i think when you don't have much to lose your body really hangs on to the weight and it takes longer. i'm also at a weird stage of being in between sizes, where the clothes i have on me are extremely baggy but the clothes at the next smaller size are sort of tight. kind of annoying.

the next couple of weeks are going to be filled with a lot of social occasions for me, everybody seems to have birthdays right around the time i need to get fit Rolling Eyes so since i know myself enough to know i will feel pressured to eat birthday cake and sometimes have to go over my 5 bites at birthday dinners, i'm giving myself a good 2 months to get to the weight i want to be. in 2 months on july 11th is my daughter's birthday, and i would love to wear a pretty dress in a smaller size at her party , but i don't want to get frustrated at messing up, so that's why i'm giving myself so much time to get there.

have a geat day everyone!

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Wed May 09, 2012 5:12 pm

That sounds like a good plan, Amu.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content