5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites...

+3
ElleBella
Snow White
mommieof2
7 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites... - Page 2 Empty Re: 30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites...

Post  Snow White Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 pm

Debbie, under 200 feels awesome! On the Biggest Loser they call that "One-der Land." You made it to "One-der Land!" Now keep that 1 as your first number...You can do it! : )))))))))))))))))) Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

weight day 1: 180.1
weight day 9: 179.7

pounds lost on the challenge: .4

Will be up tomorrow b/c we are celebrating my son's birthday today, but at least now I know my body will get under 180 even if I have to take drastic measures to get there with my caloric intake. I still desperately want to get to 175 without major exercise/working out because I want to prove that it is possible to lose 50 pounds without exercise! : ))))) I'm almost there, so I know it's possible! I just want to achieve that, then I'm going to start serious working out.

I will be fasting tomorrow to try to unload some of my gain that I know I will see tomorrow morning, then back to the plan on Tuesday.

See my journal for the rest! : )))) Stay strong!!! You are all doing great, MIGHTY WARRIORS!!!!!!!

Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites... - Page 2 Empty Re: 30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites...

Post  ElleBella Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:45 am

OMGOONDESS.. You are so in the 170's .. WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! cheers

You did it.. ok.. I know you will go up for the party honey..but you did it!!! bounce bounce bounce bounce

Celebrating in the moment is the best thing in life!!! cheers

ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:22 am

snooooooow whiiiiiiiite You hit the 170's that's AWESOME!!!!! bounce bounce bounce Sooooo proud of you. I know you say you will go up but at least you know it will come right back down. Great job.

Debbie Thanks for the picture comment, those are my babies and I love them bunches.

Afm I am up but it's my typcial 5lbs gain during af.. I hate that about being a woman and how everything goes up,my waist, bust, and hips have gained anywhere from a 1/2 in to an inch I hate hate hate that. I also haven't eaten the best but still I know most of it's af.

Day 1 186.6
Day 9 191.6

exactly 5lb gain.... not very happy with that but I'm sure Monday I will be back down, maybe no loss due to the food I'm eating but defiantly back to the 186
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:03 pm

they are beautiful.. !

Day 1 for me is 199.3.. I need to start over, hope none of you mind?

Gotta go and pic up my little one and run some errands.. be good today all.. xo
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Hello ladies, I just wanted to drop in quickly before I head toward my interview.

Day 01 186.6
Day 10 186.6

so no gain nor loss from day one but back down from 191.6 so 5lbs loss.

Debbie I think we all should start again I will most likely be starting on thursday because my parents are leaving then. I mean I'm not going all out while they are hear but not being strict. Keep it up ladies.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:50 am

Im with you on that.. we all had so many things come up.. Hope you had a great interview.. I was busy dealing with my daughter paperwork.. but all is getting there. bounce

So lets get going.. today I had some tummy issues so I did not eat on plan.. will start again tomorrow with my plan.. WI as well..

Nite Bella's
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:49 pm

Hello All, sorry I haven't posted in my journal but I feel it's quicker here, my mom will be leaving tomorrow Sad but then I can be full force on this diet again. I've been doing okay the past two days, ,back on some sort of plan.

Day 01 186.6
Day 10 186.2

that's a .4lb loss in 10 days only because I have not eaten the way I should have. We still have 20 more days and if I could lose 20lbs that would be awesome, even 10lbs would be awesome. So the job interview went well, I'm sure I have the job I just have to see if the pay is worth me driving there daily or not. Anyway happy low carb five biting... I will be more like myself by friday. Then I will be fasting sunday, monday, and tuesday to prepare for Ramadan plus AF should be gone by then. I can't fast while she's here.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:01 pm

day 1- 180.1
day 10 180.8

up .7

Truly I've not been on my game, not to the level that is needed for me to lose this weight...but I guess I'm pretty much maintaining which is better than gaining. Like Michelle said we still have 20 days so there is time to turn this around.

I'm still being hard headed about getting to 175 before I start my exercise program, but the reality of this is starting to fade...please see my journal for more thoughts about this...

Have a great 5 bite day! : ))))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  christineandgeno Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:46 pm

I am interested in joining this challenge if you dont mind, even though its way late. I have tried to do the 5 bite diet off and on and have lost 10lbs using it. Its just hard to get back on the band wagon so hopefully the challenge will motivate me. My mini goal is to get into the 150's.
Day 1 178.8
christineandgeno
christineandgeno

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:58 pm

Welcome, Christine!!!! Congratulations on your weight loss! : )))))))))) Good luck!!!! Just keep going and you will reach your goal soon!!!!! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:58 pm

Welcome Christine.. bounce
Start 201.3- goal 115 (that is what the slimming station says I should weigh 114.7 eeek)
Day 1 of 20 - 201.3

I did post this already once but it did not take so here we go again..lol

B) lc pizza.. gluten free too.. lol.. 8 bites.. but small ones.. 12 net carbs
L) nothing
D) tomato/Avacado and chicken salad .. 5 bites 7 net carbs

Orig I had planned snickers as they are gf here in Canada and I just did not want to go into ketosis as I burn so fast and get sick.. but I changed my mind.. snickers is just not real food.. junk food... sure I will have one from time to time I won't lie but while I am trying to lose weight what kind of sense does it make to eat garbage??

Have a super duper day all..
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites... - Page 2 Empty 20 days? I'm in!!

Post  16Again Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:12 am

So that makes July 17th our Goal Date.

I know what I must Do and what amount I must Eat to lose 1.75 lbs a day. Any day I don't report in with a loss of at least that much, you can be sure I either over ate or was under exercised.

SO my challenge for this 20 days is to weigh No More Than 177.3 Lbs on the morning of July 17th (a 35 Lb. LOSS!).

For each meal, I'll be eating either:
4 Armour bite-sized meatballs (200 calories, 3 grams carb)
or
2 Jones Dairy Farm "All Natural Golden Brown Mild Sausage Links (166.6 calories, 1 gram carb).

That's 2 meals a day + 1 multivitamin & mineral Tablet (taken with Lunch).

My exercise will be the Body Weight Strength Training that I outlined in my Daily Journal (as gentle as Yoga at the moment) 5 Mornings a week, after Weigh-In
and
Walking the Treadclimber a 1/2 hour each evening, before dinner. Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays.

I'll watch the Doc's Greg Mantell Show interview on YouTube, every time I "tread." It's just the right length. 25 minutes.

I'm dreaming BIG for me AND FOR ALL OF YOU!!!

Just Pick a number you KNOW your Body CAN DO. If it's ONLY a half Lb a day, that's 10 POUNDS in Twenty Days!!

We can DO THIS!! cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers

Blessings,

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 am

Marc Welcome to the Challenge!!! bounce shake it!.. time to drop the weight!

Im With you on the 10lbs down.. Lets get it going on.. I will do strength training 3 x a week and walk daily..Yay for summer break.. In the next 48 hrs I will fall into ketosis so I might not train on those first change over days.. but will pick up after that for sure.. cheers

ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:52 am

I'm glad you guys are in such inspirational moods! B/c I am feeling most guilty and yucky right now! Why does everything have to be sooooooooooooo food centered????
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 am

Ahhhh Honey.. food is so much to all.. its comfort, its cleansing, its non judgemental.. its all around lovely.. we all love it!! Just do your best to chew slow and enjoy it to its fullest so the 5 bites is enough.. You can also do like me and have 5 quality bites for breakfast.. lunch and dinner.. 15 bites is still really minimal.. Just know its ok to not be perfect.. pick your self up and look towards what you really want to achieve. We are here for you .. if you fall.. get back at it the next day.. No worries k.. sunny

Smile Hugs honey.. xo
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites... - Page 2 Empty oops...

Post  16Again Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:05 am

Hugs, for sure.

Wow, Snow. I hope I didn't come across too "Up-an'-at-'em."

Believe me I'm no Glory Boy, General in the back trenches. I just figured if we had some one thing we KNEW and could aim for, we'd hop passed any de-motivators from the start.

I'm glad you feel free to breath it out here. I hope that I (and WE) can boost each other, but as really GOOD as I feel right now, I simply KNOW and want you to know, I'm gonna' need HELP to pull this off,... more than just "every so often."

Forgive me if I over-"stridented" (Spell-check is telling me "stridented" is not a word, but you know what I mean.)

Talk with you tomorrow. And you too ElleBella. And mommieof2 and Christineandgeno.

Bless y'all this night and always,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:04 pm

July 17th, here we come!

So I just hit the Re-Set Button one day before this 20 Day Challenge got reinstituted, and you invited me in. Thank you.

We're in a time-crunch here, and as we know, time has a way of "being Full of a whole Lotta' NOW!"

Just like the Doc points out that by tomorrow we'll have forgotten what we ate today (and, Yesterday? Fuhgetaboutit!), so too, we tend to forget about the many (even if small) accomplishments -- not just in weight-loss, but all of life!

We CANNOT afford to lose track of how good we're doing. It PUMPS the inner-tickle of the Heart into a Full-Blown Victory Laugh!!

Now, Below, you'll find a charting plan (which I admit I "plucked" from Dave in Texas' Blog). I'd encourage Everyone to "copy and paste" it from here into their own posts in this Challenge thread. Then ADD to it EVERY DAY.

Day 00 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 215.0 lbs (pre-challenge)
Day 01 = (-2.7) = 02.7 lbs lost. Current Weight: 212.3 lbs (Start Weight)
Day 02 = (-2.1) = 04.8 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.2 lbs (Challenge Day 2)

Then simply go in and edit the numbers as they apply to you. (you folks who are paying attention will notice that I started this in my journal and that I've edited the Day Numbers to reflect differently in this Challenge).

scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch scratch

So one MORE thing, and I'll shut up. In my post above, where I accepted myself into this challenge, I wrote:
I know what I must Do and what amount I must Eat to lose 1.75 lbs a day. Any day I don't report in with a loss of at least that much, you can be sure I either over ate or was under exercised.

I would just Point-Out that the beauty of what you have in your Personal Journals is AT LEAST ONE "REALLY GOOD DAY." Even if it's from the very beginning. You can find it. Your BEST one day weight-loss, following from your one BEST day "5 Bites - 2 Times a Day" eating. If you exercised on that day, and wrote about it, you know what that is, too.

Now, I'm just going to suggest that you eat EXACTLY like those two meals, the EXACT food, the EXACT 5 Bites for twenty days. If a "little" or a "lot" or "no" exercise was involved, do JUST THAT as well. Doc Al recommends going boring for a week, with just one food. I'm only recommending doing it for 20 days. Believe me, you will not be hating the food that provides such wonderful results. Watching your numbers move smoothly down that Chart above will only INSPIRE.

It doesn't matter what you're cooking for the family or that the 4th of July is right around the corner.

Look at anything else in the world as "That's not Food for me. THIS is my FOOD!!"

Hope this helps.

Blessings,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:14 pm

Good morning all. well almost afternoon all.. lol

Day 1 -201.3
Day 2 -200.3= 1lb down Smile

B) 5 bites eggs 1.5 net carbs
L) 5 bites caserole 33 net carbs
D) 5 bites grilled salmon 1 net carb for lemon sauce

All gluten free, 15 bites and under 50 net carbs..

Keep Rocking it all! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:20 pm

I think you have a great idea Marc.. for me though, I have to stick to my dr's order.. 3 meals a day.. not to much liquids,,(liver problems) and at least or close to 50 carbs.. I am not to go deep into ketosis or my liver will not handle it.. but at 50 Its still very low.. Cheers!

I am so excticted to see what we all can do.. cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:12 pm

Marc, no, no, no! I love your enthusiasm! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
I'm just in a bit of funk right now. Mad Mad Mad
Debbie said, "It's ok not to be perfect." I beat down on myself pretty hard, but still my resolve isn't strong enough to just be good at these little events that come up.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Hi ElleBella,

That's so Great!! One POUND! On 15 Bites... wonderful. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Oh, and just to be clear, I'm not just talking about Low Carb. Or, even, strictly "5 Bites X 2."

I'm saying we should go back into our journals and find the Best Day of eating with the Best results the Next Morning, and just DUPLICATE that success day-by-day.

I mean, COULD you eat just what you ate yesterday? Will you have lost One More Pound by Tomorrow -- and thus, 20 pounds by Day 20 (July 17th)? Wouldn't THAT be exciting?

Any chance we get to remove the "guess" factor, we should grab it. If we Knew we'd lose a pound a day, we'd know we'd lose 100 POUNDS in "Three Months and Eight Days" or 50 POUNDS in "One Month and Twenty Days."

Most other Diets recommend losing at 2 pounds a week. That's TWO YEARS to lose 100 lbs. No

I'm sorry if I appear to be going OFF on this. It's just becoming so much more Clear (and EXCITING) to me than it was the first time I tried this.

If you need (or just want) me to Dial-it-Back a notch or two, I will. silent pirat silent

Bless ya',

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:17 am

I love the idea and I did look back in my journal and ran into a problem of when I first started out I weighed once a week and I haven't been weighing daily that long...also I keep dealing with these cheating situations which I am trying to get that under wraps. So when you cheat and get back on plan, that first day you usually have a big lose but that's misleading in regard to the strategy you're talking about. I have been able to notice that I seemed to have big losing weeks weeks when I ate junk like pizza, tacos, and cheeseburgers! I think what I will do is get 3 solid days of 100% compliance and then start monitoring my big loses from that point and see which foods produce the biggest loses for me. I think it is a great idea! I've wasted so much time on here going back and forth...it sure would be nice to be done! I've lost 21 pounds on the 5BD, but it's taken 6 months. I've lost 45 pounds total since last August, which is good but I want more. I know I'm the reason why I haven't reached my goals. Having you around with your resolve so strong will be a great help to me for sure. Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:10 pm

Thank you Mark.. but reagianed it agaain.. lol Razz

Snow.. you have done so amazing.. you are on a great road. You keep moving daily in the right direction and you will get there faster than you know! Laughing

I was up 1lb

Day1 201.3
Day2 200.3
Day3 201.2 Ok.. its not a full lb.. but still lol.. lol!

I will WI once a week now.. the scale is making me nuts affraid I put it away and don't plan on taking it out till next Friday Wink

Have a super duper day all!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

30 Days of Low Carb 5 Bites... - Page 2 Empty Well, This is Humbling...

Post  16Again Fri Jun 29, 2012 4:31 pm

Day 00 = (-0.0) = 00.0 lbs lost. Current Weight: 215.0 lbs (pre-challenge)
Day 01 = (-2.7) = 02.7 lbs lost. Current Weight: 212.3 lbs (Start Weight)
Day 02 = (-2.2) = 04.9 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.1 lbs (Challenge Day 2)
Day 03 = (+0.1) = 04.8 lbs lost. Current Weight: 210.2 lbs (Challenge Day 3)

Well, study study study Back to the book.

After all my last two days highfalutin' advice, my body Trumps my ego!! That's no fun.

Still, knowing that I Stuck Strictly to my plan and ate a TOTAL of 500 calories yesterday (5 Bites X 2... + Heavy cream in my coffee), I'm going to keep on keeping on. I know there are some who'll say "just weigh-in once a week and you won't notice the fluctuations." But each weird fluctuation is part of my journey, so I'll keep weighing daily and reporting, even if the results are embarrassing.

I'll temper this report with the fact that (not to be indelicate) I haven't had a bowel movement in 2 days, but that shouldn't explain this.

Also I barely drank water yesterday -- and while large fluids isn't a part of the Doc's plan, I know it's vital for dealing with Low to No Carb Plans. If I'm going to combine them, I have to do both EXACTLY Right.

Well, there it is.

Blessings,

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 29, 2012 5:09 pm

Ahhhh.. You are doing great, it is normal to flux with low carb.. and normal to flux with 5 bites.. You are right to keep on with what you are doing.! bounce bouncing can help move things along.. Razz If it makes you feel good to see the changes daily.. that is what you should do.. No worries at all.. Im not sure where you are located so I am going to wish you a lovely afternoon.. Cheers Very Happy
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next