5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions about 5-bite diet

5 posters

Go down

Questions about 5-bite diet Empty Questions about 5-bite diet

Post  herbsgirl Mon May 17, 2010 3:12 am

Ok, I started reading on the internet tonight about the health risks of Very Low Calorie Diets. I read about Heart Arrythymias, Gallstones, Electrolyte Imbalances, and worse outcomes.

So now I am really wondering how this can be Ok, to go on the 5 bite diet?

I guess I am seeking some reassurance or something! Very Happy The Five-bite diet is so simple and makes sense to eat alot less food, and I really like the idea of the fast wieght loss!

I havent read the book, but I have read up on the internet a nice bit about 5-bite diet. I do understand that some poeple who go through Gastric Bypass Surgery also go through a diet similar in volume to this? I have watched all the videos on the Slimming Station website also

I am a canidate for a Very Low Calorie Diet, because I am Obese, with a BMI over 30 and I have a health condition that would probably disappear if I lost most/all of my excess wieght. I am getting discouraged with the 1-2 lbs here and there, it isnt enough motivation sometimes!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Questions about 5-bite diet Empty Re: Questions about 5-bite diet

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 17, 2010 2:52 pm

Hang in there. Don't let that stuff get you down. Remember this is suppose to be short term. Stick to it for eight weeks lose the weight and get on with your life making healthy decisions. You should watch the 5 bite diet video on you tube. Its an interview of the doctor who started this. Also if its any consolation I have read alot of forums abut this and some go back to 2008 and I never read anything from anyone who had been on this for any significant amount of time have any health problems from it.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:06 pm

i understand the health risk issue, but like jenny said, this is short term.
in addition- keep in mind that we're not taking weight to the anorexic level here, so as long as ur taking in calories thru the day and u have ur multivitamin things should stay in check as far as ion balances and electrolytes are concerned and arrhythmias should not happen.

If you are at all worried about gall stones and so forth, make sure that u drink water. You must drink LOTS of water to clear out all that ur body is digesting to make u lose weight and for the most part thats fat and protein. Similar to the atkins diet, if you dont drink water u will get kidney stones from all the protein filtration overdoes, same here - tho we're not eating full on protein crazy meals, ur digesting ur own fats and proteins and that still puts a burden on ur kidneys.

All that being said, i think its quiet evident that the less time ur on the diet, the better off u are. Get this done with, get to ur goal and then SLOWLY start integrating good healthy foods and juices and water to stabilize ureself again.

hope that helped out a little- i know the post was kinda old.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:06 am

AMEN! Jenny and Tea Smile couldn't have said it better
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bereniceperalta Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:19 am

It's understandable that you're seeking reassurance and information about the potential risks and benefits of the 5-bite diet. Before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle, it's important to consider the potential health implications and consult with a healthcare professional.

Here are some points to keep in mind:

Consultation with a Healthcare Professional: Before starting any very low-calorie diet or making drastic changes to your eating habits, it's crucial to consult with a healthcare professional. They can assess your individual health status, provide personalized advice, and monitor your progress.

Variety and Nutrient Intake: Very low-calorie diets may be deficient in essential nutrients if not carefully planned. It's important to ensure that you're getting a variety of nutrients to support overall health.

Potential Risks: As you've mentioned, there are potential risks associated with very low-calorie diets, such as electrolyte imbalances, gallstones, and other health complications. These risks can be more significant if the diet is followed for an extended period without proper supervision.

Sustainability: Consider the sustainability of the diet in the long term. Rapid weight loss can be motivating, but it's essential to have a plan for maintaining a healthy weight once you reach your goal.

Gastric Bypass Surgery Comparison: While some aspects of the 5-bite diet may be similar to the postoperative dietary recommendations for gastric bypass surgery, it's important to note that individuals who undergo surgery are under close medical supervision, and their dietary plans are tailored to their specific needs.

Alternative Approaches: There are alternative approaches to weight loss that focus on balanced and sustainable habits. These may include a well-rounded diet, regular physical activity, and behavior modification. Your healthcare professional can help you explore these options.

Remember, weight loss is a personal journey, and what works for one person may not work for another. It's essential to prioritize your health and well-being and work with healthcare professionals to find a plan that is safe, effective, and sustainable for you.

Bereniceperalta

https://hhprocessors.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down