5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water can be bad?

4 posters

Go down

Water can be bad? Empty Water can be bad?

Post  danielsaun Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:40 pm

I know a lot of people say to drink lots of water when you diet, but I find it stretches my stomach and makes me more hungry. The other problem is it dilutes my caffeine which is my appetite suppresant. I was reading some suggestions stomach surgery doctors recommend and most agree no fluids with your meal as it may stretch your stomach.

Does anyone else notice the same thing, too much water is bad for your weighloss?

danielsaun

Back to top Go down

Water can be bad? Empty Re: Water can be bad?

Post  Fleming426 Sat May 17, 2014 2:34 pm

I was afraid of that, but since I don't ever drink a full glass of water, tea, or whatever all at once, I don't think it's gonna be a problem for me... in the Q&A section of his book, Dr. Lewis answers the question, "Will drinking water help to suppress my appetite?" this way:  "Not really. The pyloric sphincter at the end of your stomach is weak, and thin liquids slip past it easily. As a result, the stretch obtained from gulping eight ounces of water diminishes quickly, and effective signaling does not occur."

I sip iced green tea all day long, & to answer your question, no I haven't ever noticed that it makes me more hungry...

Best of luck,
Fleming.........

Fleming426

Back to top Go down

Water can be bad? Empty water

Post  pelya Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:39 pm

I had bariatric surgery, the rule was no water 30 minutes before or after eating.

pelya

Back to top Go down

Post  Platinumbodyperformance Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:58 pm

I think water never be bad in any case.........
Platinumbodyperformance
Platinumbodyperformance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down