5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

+35
needhelp
ElleBella
starfish
kizzykay
Snow White
misunderstood
amu82
Jesabelle
lillian
Moonie
connie
ewhetstone
bumbershoot
jgraston
shnookie
SaltyDog
spryng
Mini Mia
thinderella
starbucks addict
Lisa
LC Cartz
marie.barber
bridesmaidslimdown
Slimw5bd
Everblue
twilight*17
16Again
Readyforchange
renu712000
insanity
Phil
Lyra
teaismyhappyplace
Dmac
39 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  Empty dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:48 pm

Today is day #2 of my 21 day challenge I did so well when I started this diet 2008 and it is still pritty ez for a week and then I make some exuse to have a cheat day and loose all proggres so that's why I made the challenge to my self to loose these last lbs everyone how knows me thinks I'm nuts for eating so little for so long and they also think I have lost enough but I just want to be in the healthy bmi I'm 5'9" so 160 or 155 I know I can do it I just need to stick it out I loose fast but I gain fast also I do the diet perfectly when I'm on but when I'm off I go off really bad but maybe going here and putting it down will help I know it's me sabitashing my self this is starting to sound like a pity party I don't mean it to I would aprishiait any advise or coment. Sorry for the spelling

Last edited by Dmac on Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  Empty Re: dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:03 pm

dude, post away. sometimes it helps to just write it down in a public forum and just get it off ur chest. This diet is kinda stressful cuz everyone is always bothering u about it, so u have to stick to your guns and just finish what u started. I had to lie so much to my family last time i was on this diet, but u know what, they should be a support system for you when ur trying to lose weight. Stay strong, post on here as often as u like and finish this off.
what weight did u start at?
what weight are u at now?
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  Empty Re: dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:43 pm

Thanks tea I started at 285 today I'm 182.2 I get to 170 and then mess up its like I got a bloc if I go off for a long time and gain alot I can stay on the diet longer but I hit 170 and that's it I binge I have red a lot of your posts and I think u did the same with the binge thing did u find anything that helped u I have found I can't give myself any extra. Bites. When I do I have a hard time stopping. I lost like 80 lbs fairly ez then it got really hard all in my head I think as for support frum frinds and family they supported alot better when I was bigger now they don't understand why I want to loose more but I am not to the goal I set yet 155- 160 for the healthy bmi
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 23, 2011 10:33 pm

i def understand what ur talking about with the binging. I find that im having a much better time with it this time around. Let me try to shed some light on what ive been doing differently. I am living on my own this time so thats one thing that has helped. I dont have the pressures of having to eat dinner or whatever and i can do what i please. Additionally i got rid of all the food that im most likely to snack on which also helped. More than that all put together i have tried my best to shift how i look at food. Food is fuel. thats it. It tastes good and man do i want to eat pretty badly, but ive decided that food is fuel and its what keeps me alive, i should not attach so much to it. I've also noticed that after about 3 days of this diet yea ur stomach shrinks down, but if i DO indulge in more than i should i get REALLY sick. The last time i was on this diet it happened 3 times i think, each time with vomiting, diarrhea and just being really ill for 1-2 days. The last time i lost so much energy that i was having a really hard time maintaining my own body temp and it really scared my parents. Living on my own i know that i cant afford to have that kinda thing happen to me again especially with my work schedule and all that, so i cant allow myself a binge. I have also noticed that if i really want to eat something i should just try to imagine what it tastes like, take a few moments to just think about eating it, then think about what u are likely to feel like after u ate it- most of the time while "eating" i feel great, and then after i know that ill feel stuffed up and guilty and i wont feel as thin as i do right now. For that reason i've started adding in a "craving" section into my journal. Kinda helps to acknowledge that i want to eat it but i am actively refusing.

also, i know that when i jump on the scale and see no significant drop i get that crazy TO HELL WITH IT feeling and i want to eat whatever is in my apartment just cuz i feel like nothing is helping anyway and honestly if uve been on this diet and u dont see weight loss thats NUTS. Today i experienced exactly that. I got on the scale and lost 0.1 lbs, which is crazy cuz i had like 1 cup of a melon and like 2 cups of coffee yesterday- about 160 calories max. Immediately i was like OMG I HATE U SCALE and i was really ticked off and i was JUST about to go ahead and eat the muffins my mom mailed me and i was like NO focus in, most likely its water weight, i did have a lick of ketchup yesterday before i went to bed, and i also didnt go #2 so u never know what the problem is. Just relax, dont self sabatoge, stick to the plan and everything might sort itself out by tomorrow. Just know that one day of cheating isnt going to make u gain weight back that fast, but it is going to set ur goal a day back.

I hope that helped u out a little bit, and dude, feel free to get as much support as u need from here. The forum is a little dead right now, but it used to be really great, Read back on old posts, it helps! I'll be online till i get to my weight goal.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:20 pm

Hay thanks tea I will be hear as well my plan is to post everyday and read posts everyday and try to reach out when I get to that point where I can't take it anymore it would make it a lot easier to be on your own or have suport from others my wife gets frustrated with me not eating more than five bites she thinks I'm going to die she works with a personal trainer and she is always telling me all the damage I am doing she will not believe that I feel great on the diet I had her read the book but she read it with a closed mind u would think with how much I've lost she would be more open to the idea of this diet it works better than anything else I've tried and I feel better than I've ever felt I don't get sic when I eat to much I just can't seem to stop when I start to eat to much it's an all or nothing type thing so it might be tricky staying at my goal wait but even if I go up and down alot 150 to 160 that's better then being 285 and not going up or down right at least I will be at a healthy bmi what do u think?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Day 3 177.6 yesterday was good milkyway for lunch Snickers for dinner no calorie drinks plan to do the same today
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:22 pm

Day 4 176.2 yesterday same milkyway for lunch and Snickers for dinner and no calorie drinks keeping it simple for a wile haven't really Ben having any strong cravings knock on wood. Very Happy I think teas idea of writing them down is a good idea get them out that way I'm going to look at each craving as it will pas if I give in or not so why give in you can go to bed feeling like u are starving and wake up feeling fine just guna do my best to not give in to them
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:10 pm

Day 5 172,8 that is a big drop for 5 days in so it wouldn't suprize me if I go up tomorrow just sticking to the same milky way Lu Snickers dinner someone on here posted something on apple cider vinegar I've started having that with water and I think it has helped with cravings and its 0 calories Bragg organic raw unfiltered is what I got I also eat at the same time everyday that helps me because if it is not 12:00 or 6:00 I know I can't eat that's What works for me
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Jan 27, 2011 6:10 pm

Day 6 173.6 darn I went up I new yesterday was to good to be true that's what happens with me alot but it makes it hard when your wait stays the same or goes up but I'm sticking to my 21 days straight I probably shouldn't way everyday but that's an issue I have had for a wile it's fine tell the scale shows me something I don't want to c had the same thing Snickers Lu milky way for dinner. It's all good tho. I was reading insanities post she said she training for a half Marathon it inspired me to go for a run this morning and I got a new dog 2 days ago and I took him with me and found out he is out of shape and stubborn we had ran less than 1 mile and he decided he had enough running and laid down in the road and wouldn't move I had to have my wife come pick him up in the car by then it was time to go to work stay strong all u 5 biters
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:39 am

Wow Dmac!
U have great progress there I am so motivated looking at your weight loss stats!
Keep it going! Let's do this together! Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:05 am

Thanks Lyra you are so close to your goal that's awesome and we will get there together for sure Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:53 pm

Day 7 173.0 ges its time for the slow down but I'll take it it's less than yesterday and it should pick up as long as i stick to the plan yesterday was hard between lunch and dinner but I got on here. And looked at the twitter page and that helped a tun. Very Happy today has Ben crazy bizy at work that makes the diet ez no time to even think of food yesterday I had milkyway for lunch and 5 bites of a hamburger for dinner I Love this diet I have tuns of energy just gotta stay focused and don't give in to cravings if u don't give n they pas and then its keep on keeping on. Stay strong all 5 biters Smile Cool Cool
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:17 pm

Day 8 172.2 yesterday. Was ez no cravings had Snickers for lunch and 5 bites of chicken stuff biscuit things that my wife made. staying at it got 13 days left of my 21 day challenge today and tomorrow might be tuff the weekends usually. Are I need to stay bizy that always makes it ezer also I get close to 170 and start to think that's good enuf I need to stay focused on my ultimate gole of 155 mabe 155 would be ezer to get to if I made my gole say 98lb but I am not giving up 13 days might get me to 155 but it's not looking like it might have to make it longer or take a day or two off then push again but for now just gotta get these 13 days in broken record here but that's what keeps me focused Smile stay focused on your goals all u five biters pirat
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  Empty ahh the weekends suck!

Post  Phil Sun Jan 30, 2011 4:02 am

DMac, i totally know what you mean about weekends! this weekend has pretty much been nothing but a big binge session! im hating myself right now!

Wat are some things to do to keep busy?!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:26 am

Lately I've Ben coming here and the five bite twitter I'll clean my house or work on it its old so there's always something to do on it or read a book like why wait around. But TV dus not work for me at all. I'll go shoping or go for a run or in the summer I hike alot and ride my motorcycles today I went snowshoeing the diet works good with that keeps your pack light Smile but if I'm home I gotta nip it in the but as soon as I feel a binge. Coming on gotta get my mind on something else and I know that if I have one bite other then my 5 and 5 I usually throw in the towel and binge for 2 days. Evil or Very Mad when u binge do u eat alot of food or just snack all day seems like alot of people on here say they can't eat large amounts of food after being on this diet but if I binge I can't get full I can eat and eat and eat not good pig but if I stay on the diet I'm not even hungry most the time and for me the cravings go away faster. If I don't give in then if I binge. Have u looked at the 5 bite twitter page that has good stuff like I've always tried to eat slowly on the 5 bite but he said the 2 reasons people mes up is forgetting their on a diet and eating to slowly and that has helped me. But don't be hate.n on yourself we have all Ben there. Very Happy and I know I will be their again but thats one of the things that's so nice about this diet u just hop back on. And after a binge u loose really fast Razz sorry I'm probably over preaching and all over the place for a simple ? About how to pass the time What a Face
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:48 am

Tha ls for ur reply DMac! Baically I snack all day.. At this and that..

At the moment this is how I'm feeling:

This weekend was an epic fail! It was nothing but one big binge session I feel disgusting and low... Like I betrayed myself... I was bored and weekends are starting to become less and less enjoyable because I keep failing! Just like everything else I should be planning my weekends and having something to do.. But sometimes I like staying at home or if I have to study! I need to start maybe moving my computer from near the kitchen to my room because that place is becoming more and more dangerous!

Tomorrow I have work so I think it should be much easier for me to get into it again! I feel like a failure!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:32 pm

Don't feel like you failed if u just snack on this or that on a weekend and stay 5 biteing all week you still loose wait that week right and that's what its about Very Happy I think moving your computer would help I try to put the food awy some weekends are better then others u do have the book right? But ya I have done the on the diet off the diet. For like a year and I would basically stay the same but when I would eat on the weekends it would be enough for a week. I could. Win any eating contest wile I'm bingeing that's why I make time goles like this one I'm on now I think if I had not I think I would have cheeted on the diet. I have to put a cuple weeks together to loose but I know how u feel all to well try makeing a time gole instead of a wait gole sometimes when I don't c a wait loss I would eat because I would feel like I was already failing. Did u check out the twitter I think it would help Smile I think the cheating starts when u loose focus and continues because u feel like u failed. But that being said u got this just hop back on determined not to cheat and if u do hop back on again don't waist time feeling like a failure because your not Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:01 pm

Day 9 169.6 so I'm am really happy with that but I can't get content gota stay focused yesterday was ez with the snowshoeing for most of the day and it was awesome in the Wasatch back so for lunch had a Snickers out of my pack and it was exta good because it was frozen dinner was 2 bites crazy bred 3 bites of pizza. Today might be hard its family movie night we take terns picking a movie its my sons tern but movies mean popcorn and I'm hanging with my family all day so gota pas on lots of snacks u. Know the lazy Sunday snacking and watching TV all day and playing games. But I'm staying strong no mater what just guna focus on having fun with the family if it gets bad I will get on here or twitter and refocus myself Very Happy stay strong and focused all u five biters hard times pas weather u eat or not so stick with it and u will get there Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:29 pm

That's such good advice DMac thank you!

You are doing soo well and ur such a motivation!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm

I lost my focus over the weekend, and my weekend plus today so far has been binging. Ugh. In response to your question above, when I binge, I can totally eat and eat. Maybe all my years of overeating have stretched my stomach enough to allow me to eat huge quantities of food. I did have some stomach pain Saturday, since my stomach wasn't used to me eating so much lately. Then Sunday just felt bloated and too full. I want to get back on the diet. I'm not sure if I'm just going to go cold-turkey back on, or slowly cut back.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:47 pm

Day 10 169.4. Not much but I'll take it yesterday milkyway for lunch chicken Alfredo 3 bites 2 bites garlic bread. Happy to have made it through the weekend just staying focused got 11 days left. Next weekend extra hard with the Superbowl I didn't think about that when I started my 21 day challenge but I'm staying focused on now and I don't plan to mes up then ether gota take it one day at a time. Very Happy I mite watch it at home that will be ezer Very Happy. But for now stay focused all you five biters its worth it and we are worth it Very Happy

Last edited by Dmac on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:03 pm

Insanity weekends are hard I think its best to get back on cold Turkey your hunger stat might still be set I get that blotted feeling the day after a 1 or 2 day binge to. Getting on then is ez er. Because I don't really What to eat anyway get your focus back then hop on I think u will be happy u did Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:34 pm

Day 11 170.0. Dam. I hate when that happens but it happens I was perfect 5 and 5 but that's 1 reason not to way everyday but I'm not going to let it get to me I'm over half way through with my 21 days yesterday had a Snickers for lunch. 3 bites spaghetti 2 bites garlic bread for dinner staying strong 10 more days. Very Happy so this month would be a good one for a challenge because it's the shortest of the year it would be cool to say u 5 bited for a month Very Happy. Stay strong all u five biters Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:28 pm

I'm sure it's just water weight. You are doing so well! Way to go!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:52 pm

Day 12 169.6 well that # looks familiar I was at that like 3 days ago not a fan of the Plato. Twisted Evil but there's only one way to get past it and that's what I'm guna do today has Ben harder than the past cupl. Went to a part of town where their is restaurants everywhere and most of them looked very good most the time that doesn't bother me but today it did but I'm past it now 16 again put something up while I was struggling I stopped to look at it and respond and by the time I was dun with that it was better just got my mind of it sometimes that is all it takes. So phill and insanity. U guys get your focus back no pressure just checking on frinds yesterday had milkway lunch and5 bites of a taco for dinner staying strong and focused and determined Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next