5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 11 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:53 am

Thanks so much to both of you for your encouraging words Smile The weekends will be my real test as it's so hard to be 100% on the weekends but I'll hang in there, I have some definite goals now to keep me focused.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 11 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:44 pm

day 94 at an end...

B-nothing
L- 5 bites stuffed salmon
D- 5 bites spaghetti with garlic bread

Well apparently I accumulated too many vacation days this year so I need to use them all before the end of the year or I lose them so every friday of this month I have off now. Yay! I have a few off in december as well so the rest of this year ought to be a breeze, I hope, LOL

I need extra encouragement now.. found out today a friend and her husband may be coming to visit saturday and sunday and for some reason I can stay on plan no problem if it's just me and my family but when you add visitors the eating goes from eating out of need so 5 bites suffice to eating out of social pressure so I eat much more just to keep up with everyone else?? Why do we do that! but I'm determined to stick to my thanksgiving and xmas challenges so no going off plan for me this weekend, I just may need you all to keep reminding me it's NOT worth it!!! Pound it in my head, LOL pretty please? I can still go out to lunch or dinner with them and only have 5 bites, I can enjoy anything decadent on the menu and stick to 5 bites.. no reason to waiver... just preparing myself now.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:08 am

That's hard for me as well. its like I just want to fit in. or show I'm not being deprived. Is it going to be more difficult for ya with all those 3 day weekends?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:31 pm

No 3 day weekends are ok, I usually have no issues staying on plan on friday its just sat and sundays that are hard. But I'm thinking maybe a way to combat that is moving my weigh ins back to mondays instead of saturdays that way I'll be forced to be extra good sat and sun to get an accurate weigh in monday... hmmm.... what do you think?
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:51 pm

I think that's a great idea I might be a copycat and do the same I have ben doing Fridays thinking a good # would help with the weekend. And it does but a bad # doesn't so mabe Mondays would be best
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Only 20 days to Thanksgiving tomorrow will be in the teens we can do anything for 20 days
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:48 pm

So true, 20 days is gonna fly by! And I am going to change my weigh in day to mondays so I won't weigh in tomorrow but I'll wait until monday morning. Just a little exrta incentive to stay good! I'm so glad I have everyone's support here! Its nice to know I'm not alone in this for sure. Someone else is sharing my same struggles Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:46 pm

Ok so here is my daily update:

B- nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and stuffing hormel meals
D- 5 bites burrito supreme

All in all been a great friday! Looking forward to my monday weigh in! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:57 pm

A burrito supreme sounds soooo good. I agree with the Monday weigh in. It just seems like a nice start to your week if your weigh in is good and if not then it doesn't ruin your weekend. I'd much rather have a lousy Monday...
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:40 pm

So true Jesabelle! LOL Mondays suck anyway so if I get a good weigh in it could be a nice change Smile 19 days to go!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:09 pm

Well our friends had something come up and aren't able to come for the weekend and I must admit I'm a little relieved.. I was so worried about feeling like I needed to keep up with them with food. So now I can just focus on me and my normal meals this weekend so now it should be a breeze! I love my friends and family but for a no fail zone I think less visits is better, just for awhile anyway, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Today has been great! Kept myself busy painting and redecorating our downstairs guest bathroom. I'm sporting some burmuda blue highlights now, LOL got paint all in my hair! Oops! But it's all done and looks great!

B-nothing
L- 5 bites grilled ribeye and creamy mac n cheese (hubby grilled, sooooo good!)
D- 5 bites chicken and mushroom risotto

So this weekend is flying by.. haven't been tempted to go off plan at all. Always a good thing, can't wait until my monday weigh in!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:16 am

Looks like your keeping focused good job
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:44 am

your doing so great spryng! good luck for weigh in Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:07 pm

I am looking forward to your Monday weigh in. You are doing such a great job. I always check in on your journal when I start to feel weak. What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:11 am

That is so nice Jesabelle! I hope I'm able to help in those times of weakness but goodness knows I have them all the time myself. Really really having a hard time today... Dmac... I feel so awful, I don't wanna let you down. But in in the spirit of honesty, I didn't make it today.. I didn't go crazy but I sure wanted to. At lunch we had homemade taco salads, it was so good. I ate my 5 bites and put the rest away but I was still physically hungry! I couldn't stop thinking about it and I wanted to binge so bad! After about 2 hours of this I caved.. I feel like a heel. I brought the taco salad back out and ate probably another 10 bites at least. I didn't finish the whole thing, I stopped as soon as I felt full which was tough since my inner binger was screaming at me to finish it along with everything else in the house but I was full so I threw the rest out and called it a night. I didn't have dinner and I'm still not hungry anyway... but I feel awful. I ruined our thanksgiving deal over 10 -15 extra bites?? Why does food have this much power over me?? I want to eat to live not live to eat...I need to just get my stuff together.
Ok sorry about this... didn't mean to turn it into a pity party, just feeling bad right now. I'll feel better in the morning I'm sure.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:07 am

Do not feel bad spryng I did the exact same thing I'd already had my lunch bites and then had a hand full of cool ranch Doritos and it was a huge handful and I felt horrible as well for dropping the challenge. Weekends are so difficult and we both stopped ourselves frum going crazy and for me at least that's a huge win as a matter of fact I'm still fighting the urge to binge right now because once I start its so hard stop so what do ya say we Cal it a win and
Try to still make it to Thanksgiving. Perfectly
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:32 am

I don't see it as a loss for either of you. Both of you slipped, but you recognized it for what it was. Dmac, a handful of chips is about 10, that's what they allow on weight watchers. You didnt have a half bag or a whole bag so you did win. Sprying, 10 bites of a Taco salad was not a failure because you stopped when you felt full. How many times did you eat way more than when you felt full before you started the diet. You actually won because you now recognize when you're full, so when you are finally off the diet, well 15 bites of anything is not a lot. You guys will get back to the 5 bite tomorrow and do just fine. B
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:45 am

Thanks so much jesabelle that makes me feel lots better and your right
also spryng if we start fresh tomorrow its still like 17 days that's still a hell of a challenge Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:57 am

Thanks Dmac and Jesabelle! The support here is so fantastic! Yes back on plan today for sure, it's a whole new day with no mistakes in it and I plan to make the best of it Smile

I did have my weigh in, down 1.2 lbs which is the exact gain I had last week so I'm back to where I left off at 146.8....this week is a big deal for me for a couple of reasons.. first my goal is to hit 145.6 or below because that will actually make me hit a healthy bmi of 24 finally. I'm 1.2 lbs above a healthy bmi so I think this is the week to no longer be considered overweight! Also I'm on day 98 so in two more days (wednesday) I will hit day 100 on this diet.. it is honestly the longest I've ever stuck out a diet before so I'm psyched! I'm also gonna go back to my friday weigh ins.. changing them to make me stick to the plan 100% was just another mental battle I threw on myself, no need for it so fridays are fine, they've worked for the past 13 weeks so no need to keep changing things up for now. I need to stick to what works and what works is me doing this diet, sometimes taking a meal or two off each week and just keep going. I'm gonna up my steps this week, I didn't hit my walking goal last week so this week I add in another 500 steps each day so I'm up to 4848 steps a day and this week I'm gonna hit it for sure! If I can just lose 1.5 lbs a week until april I'll hit my goal so I just need to focus on that number and get there, one meal at a time.

Well I'm gonna take a early morning walk on the treadmill so I'll be back on tonight with my meals for today, happy 5 bite monday!!! Smile

total loss so far: 21.8 lbs

week 1 loss: 163 =5.6 lbs
week 2 loss: 162.2 = .8 lbs
week 3 loss: 160.4 =1.8 lbs -- now in size 12's!
week 4 loss: 159.0 = 1.4 lbs
week 5 loss: 156.8 = 2.2 lbs
week 6 loss: 156.0 = .8 lbs
week 7 loss: 154.6 = 1.4 lbs
week 8 loss: 152.4= 2.2 lbs --now in size 10's!
week 9 loss: 152.2= .2 lbs
week 10 loss: 151.2= 1.0 lbs
week 11 loss: 148.6= 2.6 lbs
week 12 loss: 146.8= 1.8 lbs
week 13 loss: 148.0= +1.2 lbs
week 14 loss:146.8= 1.2 lbs
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 pm

oh man, it was early when I wrote the above post, LOL I meant go back to my saturday weigh ins, not friday, LOL

Ok today has been a huge success! I got up early so I was able to get on my treadmill before the house even woke up. I only needed 4800+ steps today and I'm over 6000 already, I love that! I forced myself to take 5 min breaks each hour from 10 am to 3pm and walk 5 min on the treadmill. 5 min is about 500 steps so it really added up. And it felt nice to stretch my legs throughout the day. I find myself zoned out and enslaved to my desk while I work and when I get off my back is achey etc from all that sitting so this was good! I just feel great as whole.

So my meals:
B-nothing
L- 5 bites steak and mac n cheese
D- 5 bites taquitos

So all in all a great day! I also ordered the first of my kids xmas gifts online today along with a new slipcover for our loveseat for the upcoming library room and a kit thingy for our fireplace to get better heat this winter, I'm excited!!! Mondays are usually never this good, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:24 am

Way to go on your loss and so close to the healthy bmi that is awesome. how long has it ben since u where in that healthy range ? I'm within a couple pounds of my healthy bmi as well below 169.0 I should hit it this week also
Keep up the great work
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:29 pm

looking back on my weightloss charts in fitday looks like it's been since jan 4th 2009 since I was 145 lbs so that has been a couple years and according to the same chart I shot right up after that weigh in.. sigh.. story of my life, LOL But this time just feels so different for sure... the lowest I show logging is 124.5 back in 9-2-2004 and I stayed there like a minute so once I leave the 130's it will be all new territory for me (well since high school anyway where I never had weight issues)
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:21 pm

Day 99 coming to an end...it's been a great day! I'm tired though, this time change has really effected me this time around. My body is so used to eating at 11 am and 3pm that yesterday at 10am and 2 pm I was ravenous! It didn't get the daylight savings memo and I'm just waking up too early.. so hopefully it jumps on the bandwagon very soon! So I'm tired today but at least I wasn't as hungry so that is good. I plan on going to bed early tonight.

So my meals:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites yogurt with granola
D- 5 bites sirloin and mac n cheese (trying to eat up our leftovers)

Since I woke up early I went ahead and walked on my treadmill for awhile, still logging in my steps with the step diet. I'm doing good with it this week so maybe that will boost this weeks weigh in, that is my hope anyway.

Tomorrow is day 100, I can't wait!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am

This daylight savings thing is killing me also. I want to eat at 11 and know that if I do then I'm going to want a snack in the afternoon before dinner. You are doing such a great job with your steps! There's nothing better than losing weight and and by the time you hit your goal weight you're also in great shape!
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 27 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 19 ... 27  Next