5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 13 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:18 am

Sorry I didn't get back on yesterday, those 14 hours gone did me in! Once I got home last night I was exausted! But I weighed before we left town yesterday and I was 146.2 which is a 1.6 gain, gotta love thanksgiving, LOL but this week my focus is to get that off plus a few more ounces or more if possible. I'll be hitting my treadmill daily and being extra careful on my 5 bites each day Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 13 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  ewhetstone Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:50 pm

YOU CAN DO IT !!!!

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 pm

You are doing great that small gain will be gone in no time
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  amu82 Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:48 am

Hi Spryng,

I love your determination to get right back on track! I think that's one of the advantages of this diet, that it's so easy to get back on track without too much mental agony. If you get to a point where it's physically uncomfortable to eat more than a few extra bites, then it's easy to monitor yourself and get back right on plan. How was your trip?

amu82

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:00 pm

The trip was good Amu! Long but so worth it, we brought home a tiny persian kitten named Ellie and she is just a joy to play with! I've always wanted one so this was my husband's xmas gift to me and boy was it worth the 14 hours in the car, lol

Sorry I wasn't on yesterday, got off work and found my personal internet was down.. which was probably a good thing. What did we all do before computers anyway? LOL I was able to finish a novel I've been reading for awhile last night and just relax, it was nice. My meals yesterday were great:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites turkey/stuffing (that was the last of it finally!)
d- 5 bites orange chicken

I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday but I do plan on doing that today. I was just swamped with work it being a Monday and all. But the next 3 weeks ought to be nice, I have every friday scheduled off so that is always good. Gives me one extra day to myself. Once January gets here all my vacation rolls over again so even better, LOL

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Ok so here are yesterday's meals:

B-nothing
L- 3 bites chilli 2 bites cheese cake
D- 5 bites chicken with pasta

I still didn't get on treadmill... its just been one of those weeks and my cravings are back. After dinner last night I sure could have eaten more, in fact I could I easily binged ! But I ignored those urges and went to my daughters kindergarten xmas program. It was gone by the time I got home. I hope today they don't come back.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 pm

Spryng-Congratulations on your new kitty!!!! I love cats and especially Persians! What type of persian did you get? I have had both a Himalayan and a Chinchilla Persian as pets and have loved them dearly. I know that you will enjoy your new edition to the family!!!!! Good job on ignoring those cravings and just getting busy. I'm sure that you will get to the treadmill soon enough. It sounds like you've been crazy busy-I'm sure you'll make time for yourself soon enough. cat
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 pm

Thanks Jesabelle! Um I'm not sure what kind of persian she is her papers just say Persian, LOL so she's a persian persian? LOL I'm gonna post a pic for you to see on here, she's a flat faced persian and soooo pretty! And yes you are right, I've been swamped with work so once I get off I'm kinda mentally out of it the rest of the night, LOL But hopefully my work load eases up soon.

So today's meals went great:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and pasta
D- 4 bites burrito 1 bite cheesecake

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:14 pm

This is our new baby Ellie

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 13 29635012
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:31 am

She's beautiful! She looks like a tortoiseshell persian. They have different shades and she looks more like a cream colored tortie. I wish I could get another cat. I have 4 dogs and 2 cats currently. I think my husband would move ut if I tried to bring another animal home What a Face
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Dec 08, 2011 12:39 pm

yeah we have a mini zoo going on here as well, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 birds, 1 frog, 2 hamsters... and a partridge in a pear tree, LMAO! But we are huge animal lovers as well Smile what kind of dogs do you have? is your avatar one of them? We have a pug and a chihuahua.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Thu Dec 08, 2011 3:12 pm

lol, i guess were both running zoos. We have 4 rottweilers. It started with one female and then we got a male 2 years after that and that's where the fun began with the dogs. The first time mom dog got pregnant there were three pups but only one survived and she ended up having to have surgery so we kept her. Well, 4 1/2 months later when mom went into heat again dad somehow bent the iron bars of our side fence and she ended up pregnant again. 7 pups this time. We sold 6, but I fell in love with one (Scarlet is the one in the pic) so know we have four... Shocked Our cats currently are mixes and we had hamsters, but donated them to pets smart because they kept the girls up at night rabbitSpryng into my journey with me  - Page 13 Img_1312
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:27 pm

Spryng you inspire me so much!! I'm glad to see you and dmac here on the forum who have kept it so long and done so well. I'm going to try to keep up with my daily journal as well.
starfish
starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:15 pm

I'm so glad starfish!! I started this journal to stay accountable but it has inspired many to join 5 bite as well so that is a great bonus! I'm not a perfect dieter and probably never will be but I must say this is the longest I've stuck to a diet for sure, it just fits my lifestyle so well. Once I hit goal and start maintenance I know I'll always always count bites. No more measuring, weighing, counting points, carbs or calories, just eat anything you love and count bites, what can be more simple? LOL

Jesabelle, that is a great looking group of dogs!!! I would have done the same if any of mine had pups I'd have to keep at least one from each litter.

Well today is my friday, I'm off work tomorrow and boy am I glad! Tonight is my 8 year olds xmas program then saturday we are celebrating my 11 year old son's bday, he gets to pick the restaurant etc that we eat at, should be fun so hopefully I get to relax on Sunday, lol

So todays meals:

B- nothing
L- 5 bites chicken and pasta
D- 4 bites burrito 1 bite cheesecake (cheesecake is finally gone, yay!)

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:11 pm

Wanted to post my weekly weigh in:

I lost 1.6 lbs this week! yay! that is what I gained from thanksgiving so I'm so glad it's off and I'm back to where I left off. Back to 144.6
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:19 pm

Way to go spryng congratulations your doing awesome cheers
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:58 pm

Yay!!! Good job on the loss. cheers You should be in the 130's territory soon and before you know it your goal will be attained. flower
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:49 pm

sorry I was mia yesterday, had our last xmas program last night to get to. My 11 year old daughters very first choir performance, I was so proud of her!

But yesterday was good:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites taco salad
D- 5 bites turkey/stuffing (I made more, I just love the stuff, LOL)
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:17 pm

Another good day behind me. So glad we have no programs or errands to run tonight. I actually made dinner! Ok it was only fried chicken and tator tots but for someone who only microwaves everything this is progress, LOL and the chicken was moist and delicious and hit the spot. So now I'm gonna relax and catch up on some shows I've dvr'd and just relax.. whew! feels nice to slow down now.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites taco salad
D- 5 bites chicken/tator tots

Ready to conquer another day! Today is day 134 on this diet, bring on 135!!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starfish Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:51 am

Spryng you are so good! I was looking through your journal from your earlier times and I feel like you are just so disciplined. It is so exciting to see members like you who have progressed so nicely on 5bd Smile
starfish
starfish

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Thank you starfish! Boy I don't feel disciplined! But I do try for sure, this diet just clicked with me for some reason and I don't do it 100% but I try to get darn close each week and it's working out. I'm such a slow loser that for some only losing .5-1.5 lbs a week would be discouraging on this plan but for me its fantastic! According to the weightloss graph I made myself I should reach goal by april which is when my 14th anniversary is so it's something to keep pushing for, striving for.. and I'll get there, one bite at a time, LOL
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 13 Empty Wow! Simply WOW!!

Post  16Again Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Hi Spryng,

I read your note to me yesterday in my re-intro thread and came over to read your journal. I've just finished the Whole Thing.

Dang, but if you aren't a spitfire of determination and gumption! I'm ultra-proud of you. You've done (and ARE doing) amazing... not just with the 5 Bites, but with the journaling as well. I especially liked your mention (during some of the early weeks) of how other posters went quiet but you just kept on keepin' on! I'm afraid silence often discourages me.

I also enjoy how when you've admitted to slip-ups, you didn't even try to document them. That really keeps this thread of yours on such a Positive Symphony -- the little wrong notes are never remembered at the end of a beautiful concert -- just Joy for the Journey. Years from now you'll look back at this and vividly remember your roaring successes.

Count me as one of your fans and supporters.

Blessings to you and your family,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 pm

Thanks so much Marc!! Yeah with the slip ups I'm always honest about them but I don't post what I ate etc so I don't tempt others.. I know when I see someone say, I just caved and ate a pint of rocky road and ate 10 slices of pizza my mouth starts to salivate and ice cream and pizza is all I can think about, LOL so it's just my way of staying accountable without enticing anyone to eat what I ate Smile Plus I know I'll never be a perfect dieter, those off plan meals are usually planned and enjoyed, LOL and so far, other than thanksgiving it hasn't effected my losses so far. In fact the weeks I've gone off plan I would still lose an average of .5-1.5 lbs which is the same as when I'm on plan 100% all week, go figure, I don't know how that happens, LOL But thanks for reading my journal and cheering me on! It sure helps me stay accountable and keep going. I can't wait to journal maintenance as well because that is sorely lacking on the forum, those who've hit goal and successfully maintained so I'm gonna journal maintenance for sure to see what works and what doesn't.

So today was another good day:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites turkey sandwich
D- 5 bites turkey with potatoes and gravy

On to another day, yay!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:40 pm

Today is my friday, I'm so glad! I can stay up late and read tonight, finish wrapping gifts tomorrow.. relax Smile

B-nothing
L- 5 bites taco salad
D- 5 beef stew over rice

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:15 am

How cool that you get a string of Fridays off, for a while ('til the end of the year, I think I read?)!

I work in the L.A. Schools, so I'm about to start THREE WEEKS Off. Good thing I'm writing a book or I wouldn't know what to do with myself -- probably eat myself silly. When I write, I can forget to eat for an entire day!

We're into countdown. Enjoy the process.

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. How's your DH doing with the Low-Carb?
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next