5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond

+10
Annna
kimbee
Ani33
cin123
MagicNumber3
tammyjm10
BrieBunny
Mareh
sexyarmywife
Sexy123
14 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond Empty Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond

Post  Sexy123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Greetings!  Here I am on the morning of day 3 and realize I need help.  Lurking is not enough so I know I have to be actively involved in order to persevere.

I don't want to share with family and friends what I am doing because I don't want any additional stress.  So communicating with others on this forum will be a much needed tool.  During my last weight loss journey (5 yrs ago), I lost over 70lbs and a great deal of that success was knowing I was not alone.  I actively participated in a forum and I know the extra support from 5 bite friends will prove priceless.

I am an emotional eater and with a recent death in the family and other large stressors in my life, I am trying to stay on track.

I will not be getting on the scale until the end of May or until I am able to fit into my goal #1 dress.  If I get on the scale before then, I know it will depress me and most likely set me back. So no scales for now.  However, I am watching the tape measure and have clothes that give me an idea of where I stand.

My ultimate goal is 123lbs.   My heaviest weight was 213.  I am a 5'6.5 female in my early 40s.

Day 1 and 2 were the same.  

Breakfast: coffee w/ 1 tablespoon coconut oil and vitamin
Lunch: 5 bites of fish
Dinner: 5 bites of fish
I drink only water and green tea during the day.

I have been doing light exercise around the house.  I want to take it easy the first 3 days to get my body adjusted and will start regular cardio and strength training tomorrow morning- Day 4.

I am VERY excited about this diet.  I actually believe this will be a lifestyle change for me.

I am the type of person who feels a real sense of accomplishment by being Perfectly on Plan.  So I am praying for a lot of POP days in my future.

Why am I doing this?  I want to be healthy. I want to feel healthy.  I want to look healthy.  I want to be comfortable in my skin and look and feel sexy.  I want to look good naked.  Sure my husband doesn't mind (or at least hasn't complained about the extra weight) but I do. I want to be more active and too often my weight deters me from doing more.  I don't want my sons to forever think their mom is "skinny fat".  (I wish I was skinny fat.  But I am glad they don't think I am plain fat...which I am.) I want to be an example of healthy living.  I want to teach them how to avoid the pitfalls of obesity.  I want them to know that just because you are the "smallest" in the group does not mean you are healthy and not overweight.

Life is sooooo short!  I just want to live life to the fullest. I don't want to regret any more days being a prisoner to my flab.

I believe I am on that road.  Thank you for reading and I hope you will stop by to help advise, cheer me on, or just let me know I am not alone on this road to Sexy123!!   Very Happy 

- I didnt sleep well last night.  I may add a baked sweet potato to my lunch bites today.

Last edited by Sexy123 on Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling error in title)

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond Empty Re: Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond

Post  sexyarmywife Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:17 pm

I too want to feel good overall and quit stress eating or eating out of boredom! I need people to keep me on track as the only person who knows about this is my fiancee

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond Empty Re: Accountability Help...Sexy123 journey to goal and beyond

Post  Sexy123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:31 pm

@Sexyarmywife- how long have you been on the diet?

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyarmywife Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:45 pm

Today is day 3 and not too hungry but today has been the worst most likely because I did really bad last night because I live with my ggma and she wanted a buffet last night and she gets mad if I don't eat the moneys worth but I did eat pretty healthy minus the little bit of rice I had. And I'm eating 5 bites for breakfast because I take meds in the morning and get sick if I don't eat

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:52 pm

Awesome! We started on the same day.

Look at the positives. You ate healthy foods at the buffet and probably ate less than you would have in the past.

Today is a new day and we can only take it one bite at a time.

Be encouraged. You can do this!!! We can do this!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyarmywife Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:03 pm

That's how I'm looking at it! Ate some sushi and a veggie bowl was delicious but definitely could tell how much fuller I was with only one plate compared to the 3-4 plates I would normally eat. Didnt gain but felt amazing to feel full so quick

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Post  Mareh Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Trust me ... Anyone you tell is going to think you are crazy and they will try to tell you the right way to diet... Even though they may be overweight too. My husband even thought I would make myself "sick" by doing this because it wasn't "healthy". Him being overweight as well told me that it was unhealthy. My mother also has the same opinion and she has had the lap band surgery. She feels it is not enough because if I get pregnant it could hurt the baby. My husband and I have been trying for 9 years I just don't think it is going to happen that easily! If it does just so happen that I end up pregnant I will adjust my diet to the needs of the pregnancy! All in all... No matter what anyone says. This works and do what works for you. They won't have a problem watching you over eat and gain more weight but the second you go on a diet all the opinions start flying!

Mareh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:29 pm

Thanks Mareh!

I think you are right.  I know I will have to just say I am cutting back and let it be that.

Last night my husband came home with some grilled lamb...AFTER my dinner.  He was so pleased and so sweet.  However, I had to resist and tell him I had already eaten dinner.  He looked so disappointed, but I did go ahead and enjoy the meat for lunch.  It is ironic because it always seems as though the more I cut back the more goodies he brings home.  Now if I were eating like a pig, I would be craving those things and they would rarely surprisingly appear.  I know his heart is right.  So I guess I just need to show him that I am not "missing out" on anything but the extra flab.

The five bites of lamb were delicious by the way.   Smile

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Thu May 01, 2014 12:45 am

OMG! My dh brought home dinner again today. Smothered pork chops, dressing and candied yams. He beat me home and so I was able to indulge. I think it was the best five bites I have had in a very long time. It tasted even BETTER knowing I was still POP. Yum!!!!

Oh for lunch I ended up having the five bites of baked sweet potatoes and lamb. Very delish!

After an afternoon nap I think I realized my sleeplessness last night was possibly due to drinking the tea too late.

Although I ate more carbs today, I will finish my fluids considerably earlier. Cardio starts in the morning and I am hoping for a better POP day.

I survived today...at least so far, but I did not feel good doing it.

Here's to Day 4!!

I love you  I love myself and I love all five bites!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyarmywife Thu May 01, 2014 1:03 am

So mad at myself Sad I made quesadillas with chicken and black beans only and ate one whole one which was like 16 bites Sad

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Thu May 01, 2014 1:12 am

It's ok. 16 bites is awesome! It's much better than 32 bites or 2 Quesadillas. Just give your self a little bit of leeway while you are just starting out. If you are eating less than you were before...you are still making progress. Disappointment leads to stress for me. So don't let yourself be stressed about it and just look at the positive side.

You can do this!!!! Just don't give up. Just take it one bite at a time.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyarmywife Thu May 01, 2014 2:49 am

Yeah I felt really disgusted with myself and then the more I thought about it I could have been fine with only half becuz I was so stuffed but I drank a ton afterwards. I seen this swimsuit drink on Dr. Oz today so I'm gonna try that tomorrow u drink it before and after every meal and it helps speed up ur metabolism so we shall see If I have a loss in the morning

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 pm

Although I have not weighed myself yet (emotional eater), I have lost an inch in my waist.  YEAH!!!!!!  I had to measure 3 times to double check because I thought it usually took about 2 wks to notice a change on the measuring tape.  But it is gone.   Very Happy 

Last night was much better.  I slept normally.   Sleep Actually, I slept so well that I turned over when it was time to do my morning cardio.   Crying or Very sad    However, I did a few exercises around the house to get the metabolism cranking.

Today is Day 4 and I am blessed to have learned about and started this diet/lifestyle change.

I am so encouraged because it seems so doable.  I am doing it and it is not expensive and I don't feel like I have to hide any "diet" food.

I am also very thankful for this free forum.  I started my last diet with no forum support.  I looked online for my old group and the entire site has basically been dismantled.  How sad!  Anyway, I know this forum is the reason I have been able to stick to my plan thus far and I look forward to staying here until goal and beyond.  I like reading others stories.  It helps me.  I like responding after viewing because I hate to see a post with 50 views and no replies.  I don't want that person to think they are alone...even if I don't have the answer.  I want others to know the forum works and they are not alone in this journey to healthy living.  Obesity and the baggage that comes along with it is such a problem in our society that it makes me feel that I am helping someone else make it to their goal.  Even if it is just a small emoticon or way to go!!
Anyway, I am thankful the forum is here.

My husband used to hate it when I use to diet because I would refuse to go out to eat, or he thought dieting and date nights were boring because I would not enjoy the meal with him.  Now I don't have to fear date nights and he will be thrilled.  Actually, I look forward to the day he notices I have lost weight. Because thus far, he hasn't seen me haul in any "diet" foods and I raved about my meal so much last night I don't even think he noticed I ate out of a saucer instead of a plate.  I don't think he even noticed that I timed each bite with my phone alarm.  I don't think he noticed it was only five bites.

Well I am looking forward to an awesome POP day!  I hope yours is the same.

Last edited by Sexy123 on Thu May 01, 2014 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  BrieBunny Thu May 01, 2014 2:23 pm

Congratulations on the loss! This forum is great , isn't it?! I found an app I read about on a post on here that times your bites. It restarts after each bite atomatically. It's called "Eat Slower" .

BrieBunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Thu May 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Thanks! I will have to look that app up. I have also started drinking slower and not gulping. I read somewhere that doing that will help keep your stomach smaller.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri May 02, 2014 12:11 am

Meals went well today.

B- coffee w/ coconut oil
L- pork chop, fish and baked sweet potato
D- fish and baked sweet potato

I am not starving but I think I am mentally hungry. I am not tired but I don't want to go to the gym. Uuugh! I know the weight will come off faster if I do and I NEED to tone. Now I wish I had gotten up this morning. Ok I will go get it over with and set my alarm for the morning. A morning workout is an awesome way to start the day. I feel as though I have already accomplished something and have more fortitude to stay on plan the rest of the day.

But for today, I will round out my perfectly on plan day with a good workout.

I think I will switch my coconut oil to a before lunch tea. The calories and fat (though good fat) may distract from the extended fasting aspect of skipping the breakfast. So I will see how this modification goes.

How was your day?

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Fri May 02, 2014 3:03 am

Hey girl! You are doing great! You are ao much like me. Emotional eater scale depression- all of it. This is my first time on a forum- and I love it. Getting to communicate with other people going through what you go through really helps. I am on day 6 and have already lost 12 pounds. I am just like you with the POP - I feel so amazing in the morning when I wake up and had a perfect day the day before. I have tried it all and done it all- and for the first time in my life- I feel completely in control and loving the simplicity of this. I really need to do this. I feel like this is my last chance. Good luck and we are all here for you !

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri May 02, 2014 1:26 pm

Thanks tammyjm. Congrats 12 pounds gone forever is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! You must be soooo geeked. I am happy for you. Yes. The simplicity is what has won me over more than anything. Most diets "work". It's just the convenience of doing it and the ability to maintain the loss is what is usually the downfall. This is so simple that I don't have a real excuse for not making my goal.

Do you have a goal date in mind?

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri May 02, 2014 1:30 pm

Ok. I was so off schedule last night due to a school mtg that I decided not to go to the gym. I did not want to miss Grey's anatomy. I really like yang's character and was looking forward to the episode. Sad I know but I have watched the show since day one. Soooo. I did cardio at home while watching the show. My husband just shook his head, but I got it in and felt great!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Fri May 02, 2014 2:07 pm

Good for you! Lets see-goal date in mind? Gosh- i would love for most of it to be gone by christmas- but since i have 100 pounds to lose- i wont be picky- just as much as possible by then! I also am a Greys addict- i also have watched since day 1 ! Havent watched last nights yet- will get to tonight. Excited. Decided not to weigh this morn since i am a freak and hate it if the scale doesn't move- so will wait till tomorrow. Going to game night tomorrow night at our friends- and hoping i wont get a bunch of tisk tisks about why i am only eating 5 bites . But i am armed and ready- a week down already and feeling pumped. Not going to let anyone or any event stop my progress! We can do this!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sat May 03, 2014 1:57 pm

Friday day 5 was a horror with a loose stool emergency that could have gone soooo very wrong. But praise God I survived.  Embarassed 

Food wise:
B- coffee, vitamin
L- grilled chicken wrap, snickers. 5 bites
D- grilled chicken wrap, snickers 5 bites

So a very awesome POP 5 bite day!!!!!

Small victory. Last night I wore a silky nightgown that I have not worn in a very long time because I looked pregnant and it was a bit too snug before. I actually got up in middle of the night to try it on (no scale yet) and was quite pleased with the changes. Yeah!!!! Every little bit counts so I celebrate ALL  cheers of it!!

Here's to an awesome Day 6!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 03, 2014 3:18 pm

Congrats to you for making it 6 days! That is a victory! Greys was really good! Not what i thought was gonna happen! Anyway- you will be pleasantly surprised when you do step on the scale! This really works! I am 8 days down with a 14 pound loss. Cant say enough how motivating that is. Especially when all other diets are so slow and so difficult. Special food- cutting out whole food groups. Cant eat this- cant eat that. Makes you crazy and not at all happy. This does take some serious discipline- but the freedom and rewards are awesome! Have a great day! Keep up the positive attitude! We can do this!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sat May 03, 2014 6:33 pm

Thanks! Wow and congrats! 8days and 14lbs is Awesome!!!! Thanks for posting. It really helps when I hear from others!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 03, 2014 6:48 pm

I agree. It helps me too. Posting on here gives me something to think about besides food!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sat May 03, 2014 7:11 pm

***side bonus***. Just randomly grabbed my dh and slow danced in the living room. 2 wks ago...never! I don't like him holding the flab. But since it is getting smaller, I guess I felt rather spontaneous .  Laughing 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next