5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's Journal

+15
alexswins
starbucks addict
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
vicky
CJCLFC
Dani
herbsgirl
kitty
Lisa
3jaysmom
Phil
walkerlori
Jenny P.
teaismyhappyplace
19 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tea's Journal Empty Tea's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 04, 2010 8:14 pm

omg so lunch binge...
i was about 6 days strong, 5 lbs down and why did i have to break my diet to eat that much? ugh
at least i stuck to eating good things, i ate 5 bites of oatmeal (which is when i should have stopped!) a slice of multigrain bread with butter, some cheddar cheese, a small roll and half a muffin. obviously it was a carb craving of some kind.

i need an alarm in my kitchen to keep me from stepping in there and munching without cause.

dissapointed.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty That sucks

Post  Jenny P. Wed May 05, 2010 2:06 am

I did the exact same thing last night, I don't know what came over me. The trick is to get right back on track.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty It's just a small detour

Post  walkerlori Wed May 05, 2010 2:13 am

Even Dr Lewis says that he's dreaming to think that everyone will adhere 100% to the diet from start to finish.

Don't give up!
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty true

Post  Phil Wed May 05, 2010 2:24 am

I bumed out last nite (not a huge amount but more then the 5 bites)... I have till Monday to lose 2lbs before i get to my first goal... I'm making my goasl REALLY small (like 10lbs at a time) cause i want to achieve them! hehe

Anyway... I WANT MY BOOK! its been on order for like 3 weeks or more...!

Jenny and Tea i really wouldn't worry about the extra snacking... its only one day... and from what I have been told sometimes shocking your body by eating extra food at one meal or even for a full day can actually help prevent a plateau!

Keep going Very Happy

Good Luck!!!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty Re: Tea's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 05, 2010 2:43 am

you guys are so great! yeah definitely tomorrow im going to start right and get right back on the horse. i was a little bummed that im not going to go on the scale tomorrow and see a weight drop, but its okay, if i stick to it tomorrow then maybe ill undo the damage i did today!! Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty phil!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 05, 2010 1:28 pm

small goals are great! i think its the best idea to have small goal and then have a little treat day for urself. be like i lost 10 lbs, i can have a SOME cookies. ha.

im still about 6 lbs from my first goal. hopefully by the end of the week i will atleast be half way to that. yayy

today i decided to not weigh myself due to yesterdays *ahem* transgressions, and start over. gotta stay positive. im going to do a fast today to reset the whole system, shrink down that stomach to the size it was before hopefully and reverse some of the damage. so thats the goal, tho i think i may have 5 bites for dinner just so i can sleep soundly tonite.

have a great day!!! the suns finally out in NY and its beautiful!

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Wed May 05, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty Re: oops

Post  Jenny P. Wed May 05, 2010 2:31 pm

I was thinking about doing a short fast too. Do you do water or just no solid foods?
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty fasting

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 05, 2010 11:05 pm

well i like to fast to just get my body where it should be so that i can start off fresh, its really a nice experience, cuz by the next morning ur stomach is smaller and u've lost that "bottomless" feeling.

Yes a water fast is what i did today, i had some hot water with a little lemon squeeze in it to help the bowels along in the morning, and the rest of the day i just sipped on my water bottle. I will have like 5 bites for dinner tonite just to so i dont get my body into DESPERATION mode, but other than that, just water.

water fasts are really really good for you. people do them for days at a time (sometimes months). now personally, these people usually dont have normal lives, they set time apart so that they can just sit at home, have no stress, and just let their bodies heal. So naturally the lack of energy, mode swings, and grumpyness, that WE deal with on 5bite are all things that they deal with too, just really long term, and in their own privacy, which is all normal and part of the detox process that fasting promotes. Most of us are not in that situation, so i think a day or so when u can find it is a great way to restart the system to behave better. The idea is taken from animals, where say if their stomach was bothering them, they would stop eating until watever was wrong with them has worked itself out. Some people use this is a great tool for detox, or if they have something as simple as joint pain (of course in addition to weight loss).

if water is too little, juice fasts work beautifully too, but generally people like to use freshly squeezed juices rather than pump themselves with preservatives and additives when their body is vulnerable to looking for something to take in.

hope that helped out a little sunny
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty Thanks for your input

Post  Jenny P. Thu May 06, 2010 4:53 pm

I did the Master Cleanse a few years ago but not for the full ten days. I've done qte a bit of research on fasting I have beenthinking of incorporating a couple days of fasting a month into my diet to help cleanse and keep the hunger down.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty weigh in

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 07, 2010 1:14 am

alright so i weighed myself this morning and im at 120.0. lost 1 lbs over 2 days. i dont know i was feeling slimmer before, but now, the second i eat i feel so chubby!!! and honestly i dont think i look that much thinner considering the 6 lb loss...

4/28- 126
4/29- 124.5
4/30- 123.8
5/1- 123.5
5/2- 121.1
5/3- 121.4
5/4- 121.8
5/6- 120.0

ive been trying to stay pretty strict with it. today i just ate a 4 bites of ricotta cheese for lunch and then maybe 7 bites of curry for dinner. stupid just jumped on the scale while getting in my jammies and im 121.1, of course this is after eating and drinking, but still... i really want to see that number in the teens already.
- probably just getting impatient, but its frustrating that i eat so little, and still the lbs are sticking to me. then again it takes 3,500 calorie deficit for your body to lose a lbs. I know that i use about 1100 a day basal metabolic rate, so at the absolute best i guess it would take 3 days to lose a lb. Probably about 3 lbs a week maximum. (numbers make me feel better)

sigh. it HAD only been 8 days... i should calm it down.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty Wow, 120!

Post  Jenny P. Fri May 07, 2010 4:07 am

You shouldn't be too hard on yourself..six lbs is awesome and the closer you are to your goal the slower its going to come off. Don't give up. I was wondering, how tall are you and what is your goal weight?

I can hardly imagine myself being 120 lbs. The lowest I have ever been as an adult (well 15) was 125 lb and I was quite thin but probably at a 20 bmi. I think to be at an 18.5 bmi I need to be like 122 lbs. Right now I am at 187 and I can't even picture myself 60 lbs lighter (I don't think I am THAT huge) just really thick (I would love to have curves in the right places and be totally slim other places. But then again I guess thats why I'm here. Sorry, I don't know why I got into all of that...I guess I'm just going to say, good job! and stick with it. Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 07, 2010 1:02 pm

whoOO!!!!!! just weighed in at 118!!!!!!! 3 more lbs till the first goal! im super excited today! when i drop weight like that im just super super motivated to stick to this diet and keep going!

after my first goal, i think ill add some weight training in there just to make sure i dont get all flabby, tho im sure that will slow up the weight loss process since ill be holding onto muscle- which is good. Trim and fit is better than light.

haha jenny, ur so funny. im just 5'2'' so im not like fat, i have a petite frame, just trying to get rid of some pouches that ive been carrying around so that i can start toning.

i think the prob is that i gain muscle pretty quickly, i think its genetics- my dad is almost 60 and he still has rock hard biceps and doesnt work out that much. BUT the problem-o is that ill put on weight by going to the gym! so rather than going to the gym and trimming down with cardio and weight training like a normal person, ill actually build muscle under the fat and ill feel bigger. which is weird i know.

so i FIRST have to lose the weight and the fat, and then when im a little smaller than i would want to be- about 105-107 i think is good, i have to lift to gain back some muscle weight rather than fat weight, and run a little to make sure that im burning excess calories so i dont gain too much. hopefully not more than 110.

an 18.5 BMI for me is 101-- which is too little i think.

going to the gym for me is great to maintain my weight and tighten everything up, but its not so good for actual weight loss, unless i do a diet and exersize at the same time, which just makes me so so tired running 3 miles on an empty stomach!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Fri May 07, 2010 2:42 pm

Well on the bright side....Lot's of muscle raises your resting metabolic rate so you will burn more calories all the time...even sleeping Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 07, 2010 2:48 pm

very truee
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty made it thru friday

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 08, 2010 9:58 pm

so post friday, pizza night etc.... i had just one sliceeee and its okay. im not too upset about it. Upon waking this morning, still maintained my weight. today, made a scrambled egg for lunch, and going to have a small 5-6 bite dinner tonite. i actually do feel a lot smaller than i was last week, and my mom noticed that i lost weight without me even telling her i was on a diet. so im happyyy
Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty what? 117....?

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon May 10, 2010 2:49 am

weigh in at 117 this morning
so ate 2 very small meals today 7 bites at breakfast, 5 bites at lunch and 8 bites at dinner. just kinda felt like i was losing weight TOO fast, so i thought i would slow it down a little today. i dont know i kinda got scared of losing it so quickly... has anyone else felt like that? like im used to losing like 3-4 lbs a week, but i looked at my calender and im down 9 lbs in like a week and a half...

im glad that im getting to my goal quick, i just dont want to damage something along the way.
so i took a little "maintain my weight" day today, and tomorrow i will do a little fast. Im thinking of making every monday water fast day (or tea fast). I like the effects, and ill still lose weight at the same time or erasing any guilt for days that i had like 6 bites when i should have had just 5.

weekly goal- 115 or less by this friday with NO cave in days. lets see if i cant break that. im expecting i will if i dont have any cheat days. i want to see what my body can do in a week if i stick to this diet really closely, that way ill know my maximum and i can see what my body can be pushed towards.

Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty another 0.5 lost

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon May 10, 2010 5:13 pm

May 10- 116.5.

another .5 lb lost. not a huge drop, but hey its in the right direction.
im so happy this diet is working, i think the biggest thing is the stomach shrinking. i just dont feel hungry all the time anymore, and even when i have to think of 5 bites to eat im like well i have 5, i want to make them something that i reallllly want to eat, and i think about it for a while.

most of the time ill look in the fridge and be like im not in the mood for any of this stuff, but i should eat one bite of a carb so i dont get hungry in 5 minutes, maybe 1 bite of a protein, and finish it off either with something spicey or something sweet so the flavor lingers in my mouth a little so i feel like i ate something already.

I was also reading some of Phils stuff earlier, and i agree with the "cheat days more than good days idea" epiphany, but i also think it makes u more accountable for what u ate. like u can see--- well tues and wed were bad, so lets get back on the horse and make thursday good. no WONDER i didnt lose any weight for a while!!! i think it kinda helps to rationalize rather than be like this diet does work and beat urself up. u can see that u messed up somewhere, and u can see how u were feeling during that time.

personally ive never kept a journal in my whole life, and i never did the blogging thing, but i think as far as a diet is concerned, this is pretty good. esp since everyone is so so supportive here!

keep going everyone!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty gain? AHH!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 11, 2010 1:20 pm

117 again.... mmm considering i ate a few berries, and a small pasta salad (mostly with veggies) for dinner, seems weird that i actually GAINED 0.5 lbs. im hoping its like water weight or something, maybe i overdid the salt or something. I mean seems weird to me....

only thing to do is to stay on the diet, and let it work itself out a little bit.

my wrist is hurting a little today, i think i may have sprained it a few days back, but i think its getting better... ha not like im giving it much fuel to heal itself with... perhaps ill give it some protein this afternoon.

since liquids dont increase ur stomach size, what do u guys think of substituting a 5 bite lunch with a protein shake? it will be a great source of protein, amino acids, little fat, and not too many calories either.. and it may give a little energy boost too.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty update on the day.

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 11, 2010 10:28 pm

so i dont know why, whenever i see a little gain on the scale the little voice in my head goes "WELL NO POINT NOW!!!" and i feel like i might as well eat everything that i see... which doesnt help the situation. That little 0.5 lbs bummed me out, tho i know it really wasnt that serious.

so i didnt exactly have a fridge attack, BUT i did make myself a little 10 bite mozzarella cheese sandwhich that i feel a little bad about, and FOUGHT myself over the fantasy of eating more cheese and more bread to boot.... so at least that didnt happen.

sigh, still dinner to go, hopefully i dont mess that up for today, and i at least maintain my weight for tomorrow's weigh in.
sheesh. drama.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue May 11, 2010 10:33 pm

That was what I was wondering about soup, too. I had a day when I randomly gained 6 pounds. I was freaking out. I had been "perfect" for several days in a row, so it didn't make any sense. The pounds came off literally the next day, so don't worry. I think its probably just water. I'm trying to not weigh myself everday so I dont see these fluctuations and get discouraged.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty water weight is uncool.

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 11, 2010 10:44 pm

ur absolutely right. i mean weighing everyday probably isnt the best thing, too much natural variation just in daily living.
but its so hard to not to want to see a LITTLE decrease that could maybe serve as ur motivation for the day!!! Shocked
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty did NOT weigh today

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 12, 2010 2:02 pm

k so yesterday was good, just a little 10 bite sandwich for lunch and about 7 bites for dinner, with only tea thru the day. Today im planning on something similar, but im going to make sure to stick to 5 bites for lunch and then a small dinner again at night. i do go to bed about 6 hours after dinner, so having a slightly bigger than 5 bite dinner i dont think is harming me too much, but i sleep better than when i was keeping it to 5 bites, which is a must.

i BELIEVE that i maintained my weight at 117, but i am NOT checking. im just going to go with that good, light feeling and stick thru today. i will weigh in 2 days from now, and hopefully see a difference. Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty ok folded

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu May 13, 2010 1:10 pm

so i know i said i wouldnt weight in till tomorrow, but i did it anyway.
115 lbs. GOAL 1 HAS BEEN REACHED!!
whoOO!!!! i havent been down to this weight in like 2 years.

only 10 more lbs to go and ill be done with this 5 bite stuff, and i can start normal life again! i estimate since it took 2 weeks to lose the first 11 lbs, it will take another 2 to get down to 105. yayyyyyyyyyy Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Thu May 13, 2010 6:40 pm

I am soooo happy for you, I've been in a lose 5. gain 4 cycle for a few weeks now (my fault entirely, I cant blame the diet!!) So it is soooo motivating to see someone who is sticking with it, and getting results! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal Empty So exiting!

Post  Lisa Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 pm

3jaysmom is right, this is very motivating!

Congrats on your loss, you must be so excited! You inspire me to stick to the diet better than I have been!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next