5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's Journal

+15
alexswins
starbucks addict
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
vicky
CJCLFC
Dani
herbsgirl
kitty
Lisa
3jaysmom
Phil
walkerlori
Jenny P.
teaismyhappyplace
19 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 5 Empty Re: Tea's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:34 pm

man, it took 4 days to get rid of a 2 days of bad behavior.. im back to where i started now, no more naughty stuff. despite that, my measurements are smaller than ever.. so i dont know if maybe my weight measurements are giving me the wrong data or what im retaining water... i dont know, but meh, im moving along with it. The number went down from yesterday, and that is the only thing that im concerned with right now, if the measurements go down too- then yay for that as well.
Just for some perspective- (at 5'2'')
i was 36-27-35 at the start of the diet on april 28th,
now im 32.5-24.5-33.5 which is a HUGE difference in june 25th!!
so tho i haven't NET lost any weight over the past 2 weeks, im happy that im on the way down now, i feel in control and im HOPING i wont mess up!

Today i will eat my little carrot salad (which seems to help A LOT, cuz i go outside and enjoy the weather for a bit while i eat, giving me a "meal time" tho its only a few bites worth- i still get that sense of peace and break time, and i get to chew on something, and i know its total less than 100 calories with my yogurt/sunflower seed dressing included). I will skip dinner today tho, just to avoid the pizza-catastrophe if i dont. Tea's Journal - Page 5 Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:44 am

106.3 YESSSS
finally on the way down again!!

- today was great, didnt have a little bit of cheat even! I brought some salad with me to study, with a raw salad dressing of blending zucchini and mushrooms and curry spices to give it a kick. I also made up some lettuce wraps to bring along with me tomorrow- they have virtually NO calories since they are all just raw veggies. the only calories comes from the zucchini/tahini dressing that i shoved in the middle to give some flavor. Im looking to eat just 5 bites of that for lunch tomorrow, skip dinner, and hopefully watch the weight drop again!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 5 Empty same weight

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:20 pm

still 106.5 ish (using the analog scale)... despite the fact that iwas good yesterday... so, im hoping that its just the weight of the food right now (it was alot of high fiber veggies which are weighty i guess?). im not giving up on this and letting a lack of progress make me stumble, and trip me up today. i think kinda naturally im transitioning to the raw food diet. I just look for healthy things to eat, and naturally im picking the as raw as possible, as processed as little as possible choices, and its really amazing. Since those things are very few calories, im also finding that im drifting from the 5 bite diet to about a 10 bites one time a day of good things diet with intermittent tea and a handful of fruit for breakfast-snack in the morning/dinner instead. I think once i have to maintain my weight, this will be an excellent practice, and i feel so energetic and alive with it too!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshines Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:46 pm

oh yummy! =) i have a thing for raw veggies. i prefer them over cooked or steamed, acctually.

like me you probably have food weight. eating healthy makes it hard to gain substantially.

thats i suppose the one downside of weighing in every day- you have to take into account your water retention, food.. etc... but i just cant NOT weigh in every morning with this.

you are doing fabulously and have inspired me to make my five bites today as healthy and unprocessed as possible!

..and now for some tea.
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:11 pm

haha yeah i have to check each day, no matter bad or good news, its an OBSESSION!! and eating healthy, ur right i dont know how i can put weight on when im just eating lettuce and spinach leaves... it doesnt make much sense- BUT fiber does hold water- that's the basis for why it moves the bowels along.

i had a GORGEOUS lunch just now. PACKED with flavor and vitamins and minerals- and the only calories came from the dressing i put over it. so it had to top out at 150 calories MAX for a delicious healthy, very light lettuce wrap sandwhich with spinach, tahini/zucchini dressing (thats the calories), with grated cabbage marinated in balsamic vinaigrette shoved in the middle. 100% raw, and SO good for ur body, but man cuz it was over 5 bites and so good, i feel so guilty about eating it!! ha its alright tho- im going to skip dinner tonite, and im trying to cut down on the tea and coffee thru the day as well, empty calories that i dont need.

I find that if i put the bulk of my eating in the middle of the day (before 3ish) and skip dinner, i tend to not gain weight... maybe even a little loss! I'll keep everyone posted!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:43 am

It sounds like you found a way of eating that seems to agree with you, and that you like. I love raw veggies, but, I LOVE them grilled! I don't think I could go raw, I wish I had the willpower, it really is the healthiest thing to do. I have a friend who does, and it is surprising to see that things you thought were raw were cooked at one time, or processed. I'm sure the .2 pounds were literally the water and food that were in your stomach at the time you weighed, there is NO WAY it was "real weight" I know that it wouldn't stop you anyway, you are so dedicated! You must be close to goal now.....I hope you still check in now and again when you reach your goal and let us know how you're maintaining! I'll still be here, maybe for the next year, lol.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:17 am

hey!!! yeah the raw diet is really something i want to explore more, its really very cool! and at the same time, im at 105.5 now!!!!! i havent spent any time cheating, and this diet really cuts the calories seriously. once im done losing weight, i can make the conscious effort to add in nuts and seeds and beans to increase the calories, but otherwise, its def a diet that works out for me. thanks 3jaysmom!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:52 am

alrightttt 105.0 flat. and thats the goal that i had set for myself at the beginning of this whole thing. YAY!!

so im not quite done yet, i want to still get down to 100. BUT my boards are coming up in about 4 weeks time, and its really crunch time. So it think for now im going to just focus on maintaining what i have, and then when this is over with then ill drop those last 5 lbs and hit the gym again!!

- as initiative to not screw up, i just ordered a very form fitting dress online... and i better fit it!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:04 pm

So proud of you!!!!! cheers

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:02 pm

thank you!!!!
so i've kinda been maintaining my weight since last post, i went up a lb or so and then dropped it after a day's fast. but no big deal.

i DID however try a salt water flush.- u add 2 tsp of sea salt (not iodized table salt) to a liter of water, and drink it down. tastes like salty chicken noodle soup, and its ROUGH getting that much liquid down, but after about 2 hours... yeah unclog the backups.

im trying to do a water fast for a few days so its helpful to flush out the system before hand. I've been on a raw diet for the past week, skin is clearing up, mood is happy, its probably the right fit for me, and im glad i found it. im water fasting until thursday night/friday morning (fast started on tuesday morning- its wed now), I'll prob drop a lb or 2 on this, but its not a big deal. its not stressing me out anymore, and im trying to just regain focus for all this hard core studying im doing lately. (4 weeks till boards WISH ME LUCK). so thats why im in and out of this forum.. i promise ill be more strict with it after this test is done with!!

love u all, best of luck- try the salt water.... might help out those who are trying to "gain control"
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:00 pm

on a low note- alright so yesterday i came home after a 2 day fast, and ate like a lb of blueberries. Which would have been fine if i stopped there.
but- then i add some rice with veggies (which i couldnt NOT eat- my veggie garden is overflowing with zucchines), and a few slices of cheese (didnt need to eat it at all, just weakness!).. really not HORRIBLE since thats all i ate over 2 days... but meh im still upset, not about the possible weight gain, or the fact that i can rationalize myself out of it, but the fact that i let myself lose control..
i dont want my life to be a series of binges and fasts... i need to find a medium. today is my mom's birthday, so im going to limit myself to a few raw veggies for lunch (threw together some green peppers and cucumbers- tops like 20 calories), and JUST a small slice of cake for her birthday. im going to skip dinner cuz i know my brothers making quesadilas and i cant afford the cheese and bread! EEK. but that should settle me out at about 150 calories for the day, not counting of course tea.

tomorrow tho, i will water fast thru the day, and do another salt water flush. i really want this water fast to happen obv, and it really works best if u dont eat anything for 8 hours, then salt water flush, empty urself out and then start the detox on the right foot. after a little while on the water fast, i will gently get off it with juices for a day, and then eat PROPERLY. which will be- as much as a i want of delicious veggies from my garden twice a day. I will have to give myself better habits.

on a high note-- that form fitting dress arrived. its a victoria's secret xs and it fits really cutely! that was of course before all the above horrid behaviour. It will fit even better when im down 5 lbs.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:31 pm

Hi Tea Very Happy Sorry to be a random here but I just started this diet and have been reading your journal before starting and just wanted to let you know that I think that you've done so great and have motivated me to try and do this myself!

starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 5 Empty bad ideas are really sometimes just BAD

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:48 pm

awww thanks cat!!! its really sweet to see that people read this silly journal and get motivation from it.

- one note to all of u tho... and im learning this the hard way... dont fast, and then binge the next day. DONT DO IT. im such an idiot.... i didnt eat for 2 days, and then i "binged" (see above)- ate WAY more than my tummy was comfy with, and ive been VOMITING ALL DAY.... it sucks so much, i came home early from the library and my dad (thank goodness he was home) had to fix me. I accumulated gas over the course of not eating Tea's Journal - Page 5 Icon_eek and then when i ate last night initially i was fine, went to bed feeling physically fine, then woke up at 6am, again felt totally fine, went to the lib at 8- and around 11am (after only a cup of tea and a coffee) utter turmoil. i was so so embarrassed- thank goodness i had the sense to go to the bathroom when i felt icky.....but PLEASE dont put urself in this situation.

(fun fact- i know it was def due to the fast-binge cycle cuz early in this diet- prob around the first few weeks i did something similar and had the same reaction) Tea's Journal - Page 5 Icon_sad

this diet is great, but dont be foolish like i sometimes tend to be. NOT WORTH IT. just suck up the fact that u messed up the diet, and act responsible the next day. honestly- in my own experience, i DONT gain weight that is worth noting for serious over a day of bad-ness. max ill gain 1/2 lb.. which u can lose in a day of 5 biting with sense. it doesnt matter what you eat- just eat at good intervals. like if ur going to a meal along the way thats fine, but make sure to get atleast 1 meal and 1 snack (5 bites + 1 bite). its totally not worth potentially screwing up ur day overrrr.

SO- if ur going to fast- EASE into the day that ur going off ur diet- like have fruit juice only the first day back, then eat GENTLY soft stuff at ready intervals for a day or 2, then resume normal habits- but no binging...... cant stress that enough. ur stomach is so damn small, shoving in all that food when u already feel stomach pain is just a poor decision no matter how many calories its worth.

now on the other hand- binging when u have already been eating 5 bites twice a day, wont have that reaction- so dont get scared newbies. we've all done it SEVERAL times and not one issue. its just the fasting for prolonged periods and then binging thats the EPIC FAIL.

just had to send out the red flares... happy nibbling kids.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:08 pm

tea you are so gawesome! (great + awesome) lol

sooo proud of you! good luck with your exams!

cat
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:04 pm

You are not alone. I have learned that lesson the hard way as well. It was after about 8 days of five biting and I went to an all you can eat bite size steak dinner with family, was not pretty.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 5 Empty a fun discovery

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:22 pm

heyy alright so the weight is staying right about constant right now, which i guess i cant be UPSET about since im not trying all that much to lose. BUT atleast im not gaining, which i AM happy about.

so last night i was feeling munchy, and my brother just finished his workout and we were looking for something high protein for him (and me), and we discovered last night- costco sells these frozen cod packets (individually wrapped cod steaks), and they have 30g of protein per piece!!! and honestly- its prob like 7-8 bites.... but whoa thats efficient if u felt the need to stock up. or else u can cook up the piece and eat half at a time. May be helpful for all u nibblers that are trying to stick to the diet and still work out. Its only about 150 calories i think (?) as well, cholesterol is a little high- but u have to consider the +s out weighing the -s.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:35 am

It's not totally the same thing, but I like to have a spoonful of peanut butter and a glass of milk after a run. It has protein and calcium for recovery. The milk helps my muscles and the healthy fats are good for my heart. That cod sounds yummy. I love individually packaged and frozen meat. Then you can just thaw as much as you want.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 5 Empty writing this for accountability.

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:17 am

last 2 days have been HORRIBLE, weigh in at 107 today (2 1lbs up)

like honestly- i ate a big slices of carrot cake (i took the frosting off of it), an apple strudel, cheese, rice, another cheese sandwhich with ketchup on a sandwhich thin, LOTS of grilled veggies (peppers, zucchini), starbucks scones (3), omg like what the hell happened to me here? i NEVER eat this stuff, forget about being on a diet etc, i just dont eat this ever--- and here i go eating all this nonsense in like a DAY like im immune!!

i def had a WELL ITS ALL OVER NOW THAT U ATE THAT ONE BITE!!! might as well eat the rest of the world... ugh, disappointing.

so mega guilt for it- but im attributing it to stress and lack of emotional outlet right now with all this studying like a hermit in the library, and not talking to people etc.... it kinda sucks, BUT today was good- i had some apple slices for lunch, and a slice of fresh mozzarella for dinner when i got home. i REFUSE to eat more than that today.... so i filled up a water bottle, and i will sip it till bed time. man the day after a few days of being a wild animal is the TOUGHEST, but i know that tomorrow will be easier- so im using that as motivation to be strong and make it thru today!

update -- yeah that ended with 3 slices of pizza....
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:52 pm

today is a fast day. i think i may fast tomorrow as well. BUT learning from my mistakes- on monday i will drink only juice. and in SMALL portions only, and then tuesday i will eat semi-normally again. im not TOUCHING the scale until tuesday.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:11 pm

I understand that you are trying to get the weight off from all of that food you ate on saturday but it may not be a good idea to fast for two days. I can't remember what your bmi is at but you are close to your goal aren't you? Your body may not like you eating so little. Especially since you have been eating small portions of raw vegetable, probably alot of them are negative calorie foods, so you have pretty much been fasting for along time and if you don't have much fat to live off of your body may be panicking. That could explain the huge binge that was out of character for you. If that is the case than fasting more is just going to bring more binging. It would be a bummer to make a habit of that. Binge fast binge fast binge fast. You may maintain at a low weight but I don't think you will be healthy mentally or emotionally. Since you are near your goal, I would recommend trying to eat regularly and sensibly in a way that can maintain your weight but that you feel comfortable at. If you go off and eat a ton just go back to eating sensibly, then your body knows that it will always be getting a food source. If you are at a low weight and go periods without eating your body may think you are in a famine and want to hold on to everything you eat making it much easier to gain weight. So please try and eat sensibly, I know we have all gone nuts and eaten the whole house, it happens. Try to stop doing that, but also don't ask your body to sustain itself on liquids for days at a time either. they are both bad. Fasting can be a wonderful tool, I do think there is a time and a place for fasting to cleanse yourself but don't abuse it for a few days several at a times a month to make up for snacking, a real fast needs to be 3,10 or 15 days, you need to prep for it and you need a plan to come off it. Just not eating for a couple days is bad dieting, its not good for you.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:09 pm

thanks jenny, i appreciate the honesty. I am kinda acting like a crazy person with this feast/fast/feast/fast business... so i decided that today im going to be super hard core about the 5 bite. Screw all the rest that happened, its doesnt make the weight come off faster. So im just starting over. im up to about 108 as of this morning... its not a big deal.. but its still a gain that i dont want to happen. Also, with all my fasting and binging nonsense i havent lost an ounce... honestly and its been just out of control instead with gain a lb lose a lb action. on 5 bite, i was losing like 2 lbs a week without doing anything.. even when i was really close to my goal weight.

so today- 5 bite all the way. no more binging, no more fasting and being a crazy person. To help me out for the first few days im going to stick to a schedule.. 5 bites of a sandwhich for lunch which i make in the morning, and the rest i throw out. for dinner 5 bites of whatever my mom makes and thats all. no snacking, no "hey its just carrots" thinking--- cuz its not the calories that are screwing me over, its the fact that i eat LOTS of low cal stuff, which makes my stomach larger and it can take more- which leads to such hunger! shrink the stomach, shrink the appetite- which is KEY for this diet.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:16 am

Tea- eating lots of low cal stuff is what got me to gain so much in the first place, I swear. I would eat baby carrots by the sandwich bag full, its only 60 calories, right!?!?!? Well, as you mentioned it streches your stomach out, and then as soon as you eat something thats not baby carrots, such as pizza, you have ALOT of space in that big old stomach that was streched out...and you eat too much because you never feel full.....

I don't know why this struck such a chord with me, it just sounds so much like what I used to do, I need to get back to 5bite basics, like I 've been saying I need to for 5 days now. You started today, I'm starting again tomorrow. I'm telling you because now I'll feel stupid if I don't follow through Very Happy As you said "no excuses!" Now, lets get back to business!!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:35 am

YES this is going to work!!!! it worked before and it will work again!

breaky- tea with milk only
mid morning- coffee- black
lunch- 5 bites egg sandwich
dinner- 1 bite fried veggie stick, 3 bites stir fried veggies, 3 bites chickpeas in lemon juice
- i know a little over. BUT on the right track.

not weighing in until i FEEL smaller.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:34 am

Good job tea! I'm really happy for you that you are back on track. Just shrink your stomach you will get there again. Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

alright so second day, i again made myself a little sandwhich on a "sandwich thin" roll, ill take 5 bites of that for lunch and then throw the rest out- yesterday i made the mistake of not throwing it out and i was too close to temptation.
- anyway- its only been 1 day, but i already feel so much more in control, and thats a good feeling cuz my bonkers out of control-ness was making my eating habits crazy. I will weigh in on saturday, this will give me motivation to make this work for a couple days and then hopefully see the fruits of my labor, even if its just a lb down, ill be happy.

on an unrelated note-- my test is in 2 weeks- nibblers cross ur fingers for me pleasssssse. going to need a little luck on this one Smile

today was right on target- 5 bites sandwich for lunch, 5 bites quesadila for dinner. no nibbling/snacking/cheating NOTHING. ugh, that's day 2-- one more day and the rough part is over.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next