5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's Journal

+15
alexswins
starbucks addict
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
vicky
CJCLFC
Dani
herbsgirl
kitty
Lisa
3jaysmom
Phil
walkerlori
Jenny P.
teaismyhappyplace
19 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Tea's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon May 24, 2010 2:58 am

sniffle. Tea's Journal - Page 3 Kopfschuettel
thank you jenny.
i love the people on this forum.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Mon May 24, 2010 11:00 am

Tea, you are doing great. You are almost there and I think from cheese, strawberries and nuts, you won't have gained a lot (and if you've gained a few pounds that just will be the weight of the food). Look at it this way: you will probably lose the rest faster now, cause your body thinks it's back to normal again. Plus, when you reach your goal (which will be very very soon), you maybe won't have such a hard time maintaining.

And feeling full after eating what you ate - that's great!! Remember... i don't know ... months ago - would you have felt like this after eating that amount of food? You maybe could have eaten way more without feeling so stuffed. That's definitely something!!

(Loved your serotonin - post btw!!!)

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm

kitty ur right. looking at it- i would have eaten way more over the course of the day, and i would have eating worse-for-you stuff as well. sigh, well starting new today. of course no weigh in, BUT im starting today semi-positive and i will make the most of it. Im going to be totally conscious of what goes in my mouth from now on, and if i get in that situation where i am going to eat i will distract myself and do some jumping jacks or something.

thanks guys for being so supportive. talking to others about the diet is just a headache.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 25, 2010 4:02 pm

so yesterday my little brother made quesadillas, i had half of one with no sour cream or anything added to it, just cheese and black beans. It was also the only thing i ate yesterday, so i dont feel TOO bad about it, but it was def a no no and not 5 bites- more like 15-20.

today i feel like my hunger is back a little- not so much physically hungry, more mentally i want to munch on stuff, cuz i spent the last day and a half being a loser off this diet. haha so now my tummy is spoiled!! i did not weigh in, and i dont plan on it till the end of the week. I really dont want to jump on the scale and see an increase at this point!!! BUMMER!

So im staying positive. I will not be naughty again on this diet, its not worth it. It takes so many days of work to undo a couple minutes worth of mischief. So, since i feel all munchy im LEAVING THE HOUSE and going to the library till at least dinner time, where i will have a light 3-4 bites of dinner and thats it.

im refuse to ever be above 115 ever again, and once i get past 110, never above that again either. its easy to lose 3-4 lbs to maintain ur weight, but when u have to lose 20... not so fun.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 pm

You are totally right.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 26, 2010 1:45 am

today i had a kinda crummy day. (i got a bad hair cut, and its uncool). so i came home, and i was really upset, and i felt the emotional eating coming on. i had some cheese, probably about 5 bites and then i let it go, probably not the BEST of choices, but meh wateverrrr

dinner was light, a little zucchini parm about 6-7 bites.

but i think im getting back in the rhythm. i think im going to hold off till the weekend to weigh in, still feel like i did ALOT of damage. but its okay, giving up is not going to help the situation, so gotta stay in the game.

tomorrow is going to be better. Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 26, 2010 1:53 pm

did not weigh in for fear of seeing a dreaded increase... poo.
BUT im back in the game. skipped breakfast- sipping on my morning tea. i plan on just having a few bites when i feel like it, not sticking to a lunch TIME per se like i usually do, just kinda waiting till i feel hungry and not bored.. need to reset this hunger machine.

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3

oh and also--- i love that this forum has grown so much in the past month... lots of love and support all around Tea's Journal - Page 3 Herz
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Empty FINALLY

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu May 27, 2010 12:35 pm

finally im 100% back on this diet properly. I had just tea for lunch yesterday, wasnt really all that hungry, and then about 5 bites of rice with veggies for dinner. Woke up in the morning, realllllly tempted to weigh in just to assess the damage, but i still feel like im not where i should be, so im going to weigh in tomorrow instead, if i am back to square one ill be happy. i dont think i lost any weight this week (obviously) which is disappointing considering i was on a role for a good 4 weeks, but its okay. as long as im back on the diet, the weight will come off again and it will work itself out. Maybe the few cheat days will work to my advantage and have up-d the metabolism... never know!

So far, just had my tea in the morning but i feel more centered and more in control than i have been over the past few days. I just love the control that this diet brings, when im on it i feel like i have my eating totally within my own willpower and i can eat when i feel like and im not stuck to a "lunch time" or a "dinner time" eating- u know.. when u eat JUST cuz its 1:30, not cuz ur hungry, but just cuz its that time of the day.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Empty YES! down a 1/2 lb

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 28, 2010 1:27 pm

weigh in at 112 guys!! alright the weight is back to normal and its actually down 0.5 lb, so i cant complain considering my previously naughty behavior. and within the next few days i should def lose AHEM some additional weight (explains the emotional eating)... Tea's Journal - Page 3 Icon_lol

okay so i have to share the best news ever---> i had a pair of jeans that i bought almost a year ago. They are a little stretchy, so in the fitting room they fit snuggly, but okay, and they were on sale so i was like oh they fit just fine! and then when i washed em- not so much. I put them on the bottom of the pile and i was like oh eventually i will fit into them, im just in a fat phase right now (exams, crazy schedule and stress).... today i put them on, and they are loose on the butt and about an inch too big on the waist. the legs stretch so atleast they are fitting semi-properly, but they are def a size too big, which means that since they were a size too small when i bought them, i have now dropped 2 jeans sizes!! im so so happy i put them on and was like WHHATT?!!!!! and then did a happy dance.

i say it over and over- but this diet works. all it takes is a little concentration, planning and determination

good luck nibblers! Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Fri May 28, 2010 3:28 pm

Good job!!!! that is sooo great. I too have started wearing a pair of pants that i couldn't fit into for like a year and now they fit...its a great feeling Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 28, 2010 10:14 pm

That's so GREAT!!!!

That is the best reward putting on clothes that didn't fit previously... And to fine that they are actually a size too big is just a bonus Very Happy

Sooo proud of u Tea! Keep up the amazing work Smile

yayyyyy tea! :p
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  vicky Fri May 28, 2010 11:01 pm

omgshhhh ! you are officially my role model ^_^
that's just awesome !
it was just super motivating reading your journal.

vicky

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Empty thankss!!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 29, 2010 1:09 am

you guys are so sweet, thank yoU!

today went well. had a plain-nothing-on-it-not-even-butter sandwich thin for lunch (5 bites @ 100 calories) and half a slice of pizza for dinner (5 bites but i ate it reallllly slowly @ probably 150 calories- its home made pretty good for u stuff). I was going to skip lunch all together, but by the time i cracked and ate something i was feeling really really weak, so i kinda had to put something in my tummy at that point. Otherwise went pretty well today and stuck to the diet. i really want to be down to 111 by sunday, we'll see- 2 days and 1 lb. I will try my absolute best to make it happen and we'll see if it shakes off.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighteyes1385 Sat May 29, 2010 1:56 am

That is so awesome! You will be at your goal weight in no time Smile

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat May 29, 2010 3:56 pm

didnt weigh in= kinda rushed out of the house. I will be good today tho and hopefully see a little drop tomorrow morning (fingers crossed for 111)! I think im going to skip lunch today, really not in much of an eating mood, probably just have a little decaf coffee or some tea in a couple hours. Update- i did skip lunch, and had a light curry with yogurt for dinner= bringing the grand total of 50 cals for tea (2)+ probably about 150 for the dinner, grand total= 250 for the day

I just want to say- i feel small! like after a point in weight loss i guess u get where its not just like im thinnER than before u look at urself and u feel actually little. Like im only 5'2''ish so im small anyway, but up till i was 117 i didnt feel small i just felt like watever- like i had some weight to lose but it was just there sitting on my stomach, or under my chin etc. at 112- tho only 5 lbs difference, i feel like my waist is small, my hips are tiny and even my cheek bones are more prominent. All good things! but still, i think its important to note that losing 5 lbs at 125 lbs of body mass, of losing 5 lbs when u have 110 lbs of mass are 2 very different things. When i lose a lb, i can tell by the next morning now. I can project that the next 7 lbs to my goal are going to actually change my appearance a lot. excited! Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 I guess i kinda knew that before i started the diet, but i dont think i consciously thought hey after a point the appearance changes get faster and more dramatic and motivation is PLENTIFUL to keep going. go figure. update- so after the jeans-dont-fit-fiasco, i tried on all the clothes that either "fit me when i was skinny- like 5 years ago" or things that were a little tight and the skinny stuff fits again ALMOST perfectly, and the other stuff is way too lose that i need to try to wash them to shrink them down. BEST DAY EVERRR! I have never been so motivated to lose the rest of the weight and get down to my goal for good! The rest of the weight should probably bump me down another size too.

Good luck nibblers, stay strong and do THIS!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun May 30, 2010 5:18 pm

weigh in at 111.5 its not quite 111, but ill take it!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon May 31, 2010 1:08 am

Thats sooooooooo great!

I can't wait till i feel "small" Very Happy

congratulations!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon May 31, 2010 8:12 pm

didnt weight in today. Yesterday was pretty good, skipped lunch- and allowed myself 10 bites of bbq veggies so it was very low calorie. Only slight hitch was the marshmallows we roasted later on the open fire in the backyard pit. BUT ITS ALRIGHT- those things are like 25 calories each, and i had about 7. So not the end of the world. SLIGHT deviation from 5 bites.

Today is going well too- skipped breakfast and lunch (hopefully to undo the marshmallow yummyness), will have a very light dinner tonite- probably around 5 bites and then call it a night.
im going to try to reduce my attachment the scale. maybe seeing bigger jumps at larger intervals will give me more motivation.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:05 pm

weigh in at 110.5 --> that's 16 lbs in 5 weeks!
0.5 lbs till my next goal
5.5 lbs till my ultimate goal!!

- downside: im really tired tho, especially towards the end of the day. anyone else getting this energy trouble? regardless of being tired its still so hard to fall asleep and stay asleep..

any suggestions?

today for some reason im having a real hard time. I havent caved in yet, but oh man i want to. I feel like we should have sponsers or something, like its a drug addiction we're fighting!! so sillyy oh man, going for a wee walk to get my mind off of it, i refuse to stumble today...

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighteyes1385 Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Are you making sure you are taking your multivitamin every day? I know when I am eating very little and I don't take my vitamins I feel sorta sluggish. I take a multi plus extra Vit E and D.

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:57 am

brighteyes- i TRY to take my vitamins, but sometimes i forget. I have this packet of vitamins that i take, it has a multivitamin, vit C, vit E, gingko, B complex, and 2 calcium supplements (1000mg). I will try to take them more seriously and see if there is an improvement. I took them this morning and i did feel a little bit better. Will update.

otherwise- i did not stumble today!! lunch was a few mushrooms and a bit of bread (prob like 3 bites), and dinner was yogurt with curry (5bites)

i WILL make it to 110 this week!!! AHHH!!! Tea's Journal - Page 3 Icon_twisted
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Empty whoO getting closer!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:56 pm

109.5 as of last night guys, 4.5 more lbs till my goal weight.

yesterday i was DEAD tired by the end of the day, but i didnt cave and eat a truck load.
this morning i was even more tired. like honestly scrubbing in the shower was exhausting, and that kinda sucked a lot. I have been taking my vitamins, but i dont know how much they are helping.
- so rather than skip breakfast, i decided that i would eat a handful of walnuts and golden raisins (around 8:30am) and skip on lunch instead today. I feel WAY better now, i must have been SUPER hypoglycemic. I also know that my blood pressure must have been leaning towards the low side so i took some salt straight before i left the house hopefully to help out on my dizziness (and it def did). Im so so so close to my goal tho i'm not giving up today!! i think if i behave/control myself i can get down to 108 by the end of tomorrow (saturday), and that would be awesome.
- the fun part tho, i had literally a handful of nuts and raisins and im totally full. I brought a small cheese sandwhich with me today in case i felt like death, and i dont think im going to have to eat it. That just shows how small my stomach has shrunk down to. After that minimal amount of food, i feel like i just binged and personally i think that's really great. Cuz i know that i didnt eat much calories (probably like 150-200 max-damn those nuts) but even if i wanted to eat more than that when OFF the diet, my stomach would have stopped me before doing more damage than needed. Im pretty confident that as long as i keep my stomach small, then post-diet it shouldnt be too hard to maintain my weight, keep my energy up, and add in some gym time finally!!
Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:51 pm

109.3 today. i totally wanted to make 108 happen!!!! Tea's Journal - Page 3 Suspect oh well, not complaining (too much). Today as far as energy is concerned im not too bad. I skipped the friday pizza dinner so im sure that helped the cause. I was able to sleep in a bit today and after my morning cup of tea, and now my afternoon coffee, im not that bad off. Maybe it was sleep related, i have been a little deprived lately, but meh, never know. Tonight ill probably have just a few bites of whatever my mom makes and call it quits.

As always, i was thinking of ways to speed this diet along, but since i have about 4 lbs to go- prob another week and a half if i dont mess up, i figure ill just try to stick to what ive been doing as best i can and see what happens. Cuz every time i think of a hairbrained idea of taking supplements, or eating more veggies, or adding in walking etc i always set myself up for a stumble! So i figure ill just leave everything alone right now, and just focus on getting to this goal. AFTER that, ill deal with adjustments.

Best Tea's Journal - Page 3 Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:50 pm

okay, so i havent weighed in for a while cuz someone is ALWAYS in the bathroom in the morning when i want to weigh!! haha BUT i havent been cheating, and ive been sticking to this diet as much as possible, so i hope that i see a drop the next time i step on that scale. 105 here we comeee.

i have 13 days till i see my boyfriend and man is he going to be surpriseeedddd. We've both been studying pretty hard for our board exams so i think its been about 2 months since we've seen each other face to face. SO, within these next 13 days i plan on being cheat free and lose as much weight as possible (maximize the surprise face Tea's Journal - Page 3 Icon_eek )!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 3 Empty keeping it going!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:57 pm

aite gangstas,
so i havent weighed in just yet, but i know i lost weight --> my skinny jeans dont really fit. poo i need to go jean shopping, maybe i can sucker my mom into a trip after my board exams are thru as a celebratory treat!

anyway, yesterday was good- but i hesitate to call it so, cuz i didnt really eat anything at all. I had tea in the morning and coffee in the afternoon (both with milk and agave, so there were calories involved), and for dinner i just had a little yogurt. Just really wasnt in the mood- and i really wanted to see that scale drop... so i was like meh, watever. I know its unhealthy but i just really want to get to that damn goal already and stop this dieting craze. Ive become a slave to those numbers on the scale.

One thing i have added to the diet in the past few days is coconut oil. My mother bought some raw virgin coconut oil the other day and its supposed to be good for ur thyroid and metabolism. I put it in the fridge and every morning before i leave to study i just take a chip of the oil (prob about a teaspoon if it were melted) and eat it. It doesn't taste bad, and its not gross to take down like if it were liquid- and it is solid at fridge temp. Coconut oil is a medium chain fatty acid, which means that once u eat it, ur body cant make it into a storage type of fat, it goes straight to the liver and u use it as energy, which when taken in the morning, forces ur body to digest it quick cuz otherwise it doesn't know what to do with it. It also keeps the bowels moving and is good for skin and hair dryness (you can rub it directly on but i find that too much). Try it out, its probably one of the best natural oils for ur body to take in and hey, a metabolism boost is something that everyone on a diet can use. I have found that i'm not sluggish in the morning anymore (while skipping breakfast), and my metabolism does seem a little amped for at least a few hours in the morning (i'm not cold in the library like i usually am).
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next