5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's Journal

+15
alexswins
starbucks addict
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
vicky
CJCLFC
Dani
herbsgirl
kitty
Lisa
3jaysmom
Phil
walkerlori
Jenny P.
teaismyhappyplace
19 posters

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 6 Empty Re: Tea's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:58 pm

alright so lunch was again my 5 bites of a sandwich, and dinner i think will be 5 bites of curry and thats that!

- its been 3 days of hard core 5 biting, and i already feel MUCH better, and my stomach is already smaller! so i weighed in (granted its the afternoon now) at 105!!! so thats awesome that im down to my before weight! BUT i also know that i probably just lost water weight so im still going hard with this, goal is 100. lets make it happen kids!

how's everyone else doing?
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:09 pm

OMG Tea you have really killed your first goal (wasn't it 110lbs initally??)! congratulations! Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 6 Empty whoO!!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:08 pm

yes sir. almost at my LAST goal thank goodness...
i also spent about a month going back and forth in a 3 lb range from binging and fasting like an idiot, so that was dead time...
but its alright! i made the mistake of rather than being conscious of how much i put in my body, i just ate LOTS of good stuff, HUGE salads and fruit etc- which made the binging habit really easy to grow. But 5 carrots is yes maybe like 50 calories- but its also a lot of material. so the next time im hungry and craving cheese- yea tummy had no trouble with that either. At least when ur stomach is smaller ur used to eating small amts less often thru the day, so if u are having a bad eating day u honestly cant do that much damage without pain anyway. I'm def not fasting like that anymore- atleast not with the intention of "undoing" bad behavior. If i find that i need there is a small gain, its important to catch it quick, jump back on 5 bite for a few days and get the weight off properly rather than starving myself and then the second i "break" my fast, whether intentional or not all hell breaks loose.

Look at "naturally" skinny people- u never see them binging and being crazy... yea sure they will eat cheese, but they just cant eat that much of it and a few bites is sufficient to keep them happy. Yes they will have a sandwich but they physically cant eat more than a few bites and they save the rest for later.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:50 pm

Tea, I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again: you're an inspiration!

You make a good point about naturally thin people. What makes them naturally thin is their ability to self-moderate their eating. And if they ever DO go overboard and feast, they probably eat less in the ensuing days - without thinking about it - and undo that damage. Portion size, also, seems to play a huge role, which is exactly what this diet attempts to teach!

I also must commend you on doing so well on the diet while studying. Are you taking the bar? I'm taking actuary exams right now (took one in May, have another in November), and I definitely felt temptation to "put off dieting" back in May when the exam was creeping up and I was spending hours upon hours doing math problems.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:19 pm

yesterday was alright i guess, i mean i wasnt that strict with the diet- had about 5 bites of my sandwich for lunch and then had about 2 slices of pizza for dinner- i know i didnt really stick to the diet, but im going to try to not stress out over it.

today im going to resist the urge to "fast" away the bad from yesterday and take my own advice. 5 bites of a tomato and cheese sandwhich for lunch and another 5 for whatever dinner is. Im really honestly not that hungry at all and its 10:30am now and i've been up since 7... Maybe ill just listen to what my body wants and use that as a guideline. Only eating when ur hungry is the best strategy for life really. My energy is up, its been about 4 days sticking to this diet hardcore i think, so im probably hitting the apetite suppression mark which is great. It could also be the fact that i did eat a big dinner last night too so im sure thats still weighing me down a bit.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 6 Empty RE-STARTING WITH A VENGENCE

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:03 am

im sorry i neglected this forummm!

alright so my stupid test is FINALLY over and done with. These last 2 weeks have been KILLER, and i KNOW that i gained weight (kinda wasnt concerned about it since couldn't afford to lose focus) BUT now that the damage is done, i have nothing but time!

SO, starting tomorrow 5 biters, it is ON, and im getting down to 100lbs. i have no idea what i weight right now, but i know that 2 weeks ago i was 105... so im estimating i gained about 5 lbs (GRR) bringing me to 110, but i havent the bravery to actually jump on the scale. Figured i would rest up, stick to the diet and run on the treadmill and get myself into a dieting/self health state of mind and once i feel less sluggish and heavy and chubby, i would jump right back on that scale and see where i stand. Im not making any huge weight loss goal time periods, but i want this weight off fast. So from personal experience, this diet is the only way to truely do that.

so here we go, new fresh and ready to rip this weight clean off for good. This time tho- im going to do a little powerwalking on the ol' treadmill every morning. I think that yes, it will cause a little weight gain in muscle, and yes it will make me more tired. BUT if i have complete control over my 5 bites twice a day... it should really kick start my metabolism atleast at the start of the diet.

to keep motivated i will do just as i did last time, and i will write every day, just to keep myself in check and to stay accountable for my behavior. Its so much easier to stick to a diet when u know that someone is going to find out u were naughty.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:37 pm

For a while there, I thought I was the only one left! Welcome back! I've gained and lost the same 4 pounds about 50 times in the past few weeks. It sounds like we both need to get back at it! Here we go again.........

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:45 am

TEA!!! how did you end up going???!

i've neglected here to but when your not ready to do this diet or your not in the right mind then really i think its better to just stay away till your ready otherwise the guilt will build up (well at least it does for me Razz)

Talk Soon!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:34 am

yeah.. i've not been behaving Phil.
im reallly upset about it. like i look at myself in the mirror and im like a MONTH ago i was hot. 1 month!!!! and now i feel like a big blob.

but i think im getting back in the game now. starting tomorrow im going to be on this diet more hardcore. i've been doing some gardening outside and it seems to tire me out at the end of the day, so im taking that to be a good workout. Once i get down to 105 again, ill start running and building up muscle and cutting fat, but for right now i just want to focus on the 5 bites and then losing the weight. I was 112.8 last friday, but i know that this last week has been all cheese cake and party time... so im sure im up to 115 now. VERY DISAPPOINTED with myself, and im taking this pretty hard as like a personal defeat. But i found out that i did pretty well on my test that id been studying for like 2 months for, and i guess i've been slacking off with the diet for that reason. But excuses are good for nothing and im back on the grind. Enough is enough, i refuse to go back to my staring weight just cuz i cant control what goes in my mouth.

First 3 days are the worst, I'm well aware by now, but it has to be done. Im going to try to come on here and own up to my behavior as honestly as possible. Im going to be very strict with myself, i need this weight to come off kinda fast. I know that the weight went on quick, im hoping that with a little discipline i can shake it off quick enough too. I really need to feel good about myself!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:41 am

Tea i think its great that you have realised where you went wrong, and at least you know WHY you didn't diet and I think its a very valid reason Smile

keeping yourself accountable is a good way to go

good luck and stay strong!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 am

thats what im hoping for.
I have about 10lbs to lose and i want it gone as fast as possible. So starting tomorrow im going to be hardcore about this. Im serious about this diet coming off and i think its time that we all pooled together and helped each other out. I think when this forum was poppin' we all lost alot more weight cuz we had support and accountability.

im going to do my part and chime in on here just like i used to. Be accountable and vent out here to my diet buddies and just do this!

and yea to update about my treadmill diet modification---- it made me too hungryyyyy omg i got off that thing, took a shower and all i could think about was making a sandwich.. it was HORRIBLE, and prob the reason i gained a little bit over the last week (atleast it feels like it)..

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:51 am

me too i've been naughty... and haven't been on for a good while (explained why earlier)

BUT i am gonna try and pop in at least every 2nd day hopefully
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:57 am

yeah, I've missed you guys too. I think we can do this.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:16 am

We sure can Jen!!!

I just had lunch- 5 bites of beans with bread... Dinner will be 5 bites of steak sandwhich... But I normally have a sandwich In 5 normal bites... So if I finish it I finish it, if not then the rest of it goes into the bin Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:16 pm

great job guys!
granted its only 1:00 by me and the day is still young, but for now i only had a cup of tea with sugar and milk and im reallllly fighting the urge to grab a muffin that my mom just baked AHHH! but it has to be done!

update- today wasnt horrible, but def could have been better, I didnt really eat anything thru the day, but when i came home i had about 5 bites of chicken, 4 bites of grilled lamb (my bf was STARVING when we went shopping, sowe went into a restaurant to just feed him, and he forced me to order something grrr), and that muffin i was resisting since morning almost the SECOND i walked into the house...

totally not worth it, and i HAVE to fight harder than this. im kinda still in binge mode mentally, so i got in my jammies and decided to stay in my room for the rest of the night to resist the kitchen temptation. i dont know why i've lost control like this, its kinda bananas... i didnt behave like this last time! gotta get in the game harder. tomorrow will be 100% awesome. agenda: tea thru the day without milk, skipping the 5 bite lunch, having a light, CONTROLLED dinner tomorrow.

i really have to just have 3 days of good work, i know that its tough, but i really have to prove to myself almost that im in control. I do better on days where i skip lunch than days that i allow myself 5 bites in the middle and 5 bites later for dinner. Once i get this going for a week or so, ill have more control and ill be able to do 5 bites twice a day, but for now i have to just have a few days where i can just control myself.. this was not a huge fight last time i dont know why im all over the place with this, im really frustrated with myself.
Tea's Journal - Page 6 Icon_scratch

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : update)
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:42 am

Hang in there tea. Its not worth it for the muffin. Keep your eyes on the prize.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:21 pm

alright so today again, the day is still young, but i only had a small cup of tea since morning. Im determined to get thru my 3 days without a hitch and get this going. After I have that down im going to do a salt water flush (i wanted to do it a week ago, but i had to travel at the last minute) which should help the process along in detoxing/shrinking the stomach down and overall helping the diegesting keep going.

okay so this may be TMI- but i noticed last time that i was on this diet, since we eat so little, there is little "output" as well. I think its important to make sure that atleast 2 of those 10 bites per day have some fiber in it. (10 bites of cheese doesn't keep the system going, but 10 bites of oatmeal not only keeps u full, but also helps movement). Once i FINALLY get this ball rolling i plan on integrating salt water flushes maybe once every week 2 weeks or so, more often if needed. I really dont want to keep stuff up in there for too long- it opens u up to colon cancer, and thats not something i wish to stimulate.

i havent really considered a day 1 yet, since i dont feel like ive had a 100% day yet, but im determined today to make it happen. If im successful then this is day 1!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:44 pm

Have you thought about drinking a glass of fiber (like Metamucil) every night before bed? That should help you eliminate in the AM.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 6 Empty day 1

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:48 pm

does it really work that well? i've never used a fiber supplement before, would be interesting to keep in mind tho- salt water flushes are no fun..

update- FINALLY DAY 1 ACHIEVED!!!! i feel so so great right now cuz i finally had a solid day of not being out of control. granted i had like 3 cups of tea today with just agave and stevia (reduce the calories but still keep the flavor). For dinner, just had a teaspoon of green pea curry and 1/4 of a pita bread- about 7 bites i would say but i made them way small and spread it out so that i could keep pace w/ the rest of the fam as they ate dinner. so yeah, that brings todays total to 7 bites and 3 cups of tea.... DEF counting this as a day 1 win and im back in action. Thank goodness, its about time my head came into focus.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  alexswins Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:51 pm

I hope your day was a success and could be counted as day 1. The sooner those first few days are done and dusted the better, right?
I had so many fails with starting the diet this time around, I would get at the most 2 days in and then hop on the binge train and ride it for a week.

The thought of a salt water flush gives me the jeebies, I used to take fiber in my water which was quite effective as long as I didn't over do it. The gas that came along with it was a little..... surprising...... I then tried a herbal tea, which I later named my poopy tea. That stuff will mess you up! Cramping, sweats and a fast heart rate almost had me believing I was in labor.

Anyway, enough of the potty talk, it's time to go and update the daily journal.......
Best of luck!

alexswins

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks alexiswins!!! yeah im going to just play it by ear for now. salt water flushes arent horrible its just that its so much salty fluid to get down. Warming it up gives it a little chicken soup feel, but its still the sheer volume that's annoying. I'll def try the fiber thing before diving into the flushes tho, its much simpler.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:49 am

TEA!! ur a tru fighter!! Very Happy

Hang in there and don't get discouraged!!

I'm the same as you in the fact that it is easier to say no to food during the day but at about 6pm its all systems go... not good!

I will try to not eat till about 6pm everynite for the first week/two weeks and just have my 10 bites at nite and hopefully that will help more!!

in terms of the lack of output... i have digestion problems anyway so this has always been an issue for me... sorry TMI but we gotta discuss it... it's part of the diet :p

Fiber supplements don't seem to help me too much but they are ok... what helps me the most is if i stock up on green veggies (i'm not talking a few bites im talking like bowls of it...) but i'm not really going to go down that route when im on this diet... which hopefully i can stick to...

I think i will try the fiber this time and if worse comes to worse there are always softeners you can buy from the pharmacy...
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:02 am

ur totally right phil- it is an issue that needs to be addressed cuz some people are on this diet for a long time and u have to keep in mind the repercussion of having toxins in there for a long time.
- i hesitate to eat a bowl full of carrots cuz despite the fact that i love them, that kinda volume will stretch out the stomach too much, and then the next day u have to fight ur appetite again. I kinda tried to do that last time i was on this diet (as u can kinda backtrack and find my screaming on this forum), although its low calorie and very very healthy, it expands ur stomach too much- so that when u have that little moment of weakness and u start downing the chicken and cookies etc ur stomach has the room to accommodate it. If u keep the stomach small u brain atleast tells u to cool it for a bit.

i too am doing the one time eating for a bit, just till i know i can stick to this for a little while, u know bring up the confidence and mental stamina for this dieting game. After a little weight loss ill put in the twice a day, maybe just a bite of 2 at like 2pm and about a 5-7 bite dinner at 7pm. I decided that im def not going to eat until 2 everyday, which should help with the discipline by giving myself rules. Trying to stick to the rules that worked on this diet the last time i was on it and had awesome results.

good luckK!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:06 am

I've found that with the salt water flush its hard to get regular afterwards. I've done it about 3 times and I think its okay but I prefer the fiber. I think its better for you long term than the saline solution. Plus if your five bites were yogurt sometimes it can help build up your intestinal flori. You don't have to over do it with the fiber, just the regular dose that it recommends.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks guys, if an issue comes up ill def keep it in mind!
otherwise, day 2 is going alright. i was feeling kinda weak, so i had 2 cherry tomatoes and about 5 forkfuls of hummus. About 7 bites but thats all im going to stick to till dinner- which will be light. Even tho its over the 5 bite limit, its way less than i was going to eat (i was about to make a cheddar cheese sandwhich, but stopped myself).

so interesting discovery- yesterday i went to Trader Joe's (cheap health food store) and i bought a box of Yerba Mate, its a brazilian tea kinda, but it has alot of different things in it, including the yerba mate plant itself. It said on the box it was good for weight loss, and i LOVE tea, so i figured hey lets try something new... This stuff shuts off ur appetite like nobody's business. Yesterday i had a cup before dinner cuz i was excited to see what it tastes like, and right after i wasnt hungry at all, considering i had nothing to eat all day it was surprising that i didnt even have the thought of food in my head. Just now after my little hummus lunch i was still hungry mentally and was seriously debating "finishing off the cheese cuz its taking up room in the fridge...", so i thought i would make another cup, just to see if it was a placebo effect, or if it really was an appetite stopper. I had about 3 sips just now and already im not hungry for anything at all. Had i believed its magic about 15 minutes ago, i would have made a cup of that and skipped lunch all together. Give it a shot guys its all natural and drunk as commonly in south american countries as coffee is in the western world. I put agave and milk in it and it has a green tea latte kinda taste to it. Its also supposed to be good for "digestion" as per our discussion before. I got 25 tea bags for $4.50. Totally worth it and im going to be integrating this into my diet every time im having an appetite attack. Im so glad i found this i had to share it with all of you.

update- day 2 is a complete success. I had about 7 bites of hummus and cherry tomatoes for lunch, and 3 bites of chicken with 5 bites of stirfried veggies in tomato sauce. Okay it wasnt 10 bites total it was like 15, but considering i was debating a cheese sandwich for lunch, maybe a few nuts to munch on before dinner and MUCH more chicken and a second helping of veggies, not to forget a possibility of dessert.... im counting today as a win. I kinda had the little diet headache today and i was kinda tired earlier on, but otherwise im doing alright and i already feel a little lighter- probably mostly in my head, but eh dieting is a mental game mostly anyway. I dont feel that hungry tho i probably topped out at about 400 calories today. I have decided to try the best i can to weigh in only once a week, at which time i will also take my measurement. Weighing every 5 minutes is such an obsession, but every week is recommended so i figure i would give it a shot. People seem to report on this forum that it helps to stick to the diet a little. Let's see how it works for me.
All the best guys!

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:31 am; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next