5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's Journal

+15
alexswins
starbucks addict
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
vicky
CJCLFC
Dani
herbsgirl
kitty
Lisa
3jaysmom
Phil
walkerlori
Jenny P.
teaismyhappyplace
19 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 7 Empty Re: Tea's Journal

Post  Jenny P. Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:00 pm

that sounds awesome! whats the full title and brand of tea?
I'd like to try it.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:12 pm

its called : Guayakí Organic Yerba Maté. Here is the link of their homepage as well if u want to read up: http://www.guayaki.com/
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:14 pm

Sweet thanks, I just got back from the store... guess I am going to have to make a second trip. I am not hungry all the time but this tea sounds great for the times I get the munchies or feel myself slipping into binge mode, it could be a real life saver.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:21 pm

yeah it definitely is worth it, esp since its cheap. I had the tea around 2ish this afternoon, and now its like almost 7 and im just starting to get hungry again, but i could def skip dinner if i wanted to. That's 4 hours of me not even thinking about food in the slightest. Im going to keep trying the Yerba Mate when i have moments of weakness and ill keep u guys updated to see if it works out well, or if there are any strange little side notes to mention.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  alexswins Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:08 am

Congrats on having a successful day so far. The tea sounds like a great find, I'll be interested to know how it works out. I love hearing about little gems that can help along the way. Especially ones that don't cost an arm and a leg!

alexswins

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:18 am

I bought the tea! Its awesome. It totally cured night time munchies. Yay!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:32 am

I am soo gonna see if i can find it at our local health food shop! sounds great! i brought like a herbal tea today with flowers in it... its sooo nice... i used to have it overseas and only found it today at a specialty store which is like 45mins-hour away... but still who cares Razz
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 7 Empty Day 3

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:50 pm

WHOO!!!!! im so so glad that u tried it and it worked Jenny! This is a HUGE tool guys, really take advantage of it. So far its day 3 of the diet and day 3 of using Yerba Mate and i have no funny happenings to report, no jitters since it has little caffeine, but i do have energy cuz it has other stimulants. I dont think its keeping me from sleeping, i think my tossing and turning is cuz my nose has been so stuffy with everyone cutting their grass and i sleep with the window open. I went to bed hungry last night, and this morning im not really hungry, but im a little sluggish. Im going to make my morning caffeine hit, then do some chores and judging how i feel im going to try having the Yerba Mate when im feeling super hungry towards lunch time and see if it holds up under those conditions. I dont know why this isnt a more popular diet tool.

update- day 3 def a win. I had a cup of yerba mate BEFORE lunch today (around 1130), and it really helped kick off hunger till about 3pm. I was feeling a little weak so i had 2 heaping teaspoons of hummus- which i figure is probably about 3 tablespoons when measured properly but i use the teaspoons as a measure of bites so i dont just shove my mouth and go ALRIGHT 1!! cuz thats silly. That was about 100 calories. After a few more hours i had a cup of chamomile tea and then i made dinner (and didnt nibble even one bite!!! which i always do). Dinner was a light 2 bites of chicken breast, 2 bites of potatoes and 2 bites of veggie stirfry. All in all i feel really great about today! Horray day 3 down!! and now the fight gets easier thank goodness.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 7 Empty Day 4

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:15 pm

Alright so weigh in at 111.0 I mean thats 3 lbs in 3 days but it still goes to show the damage that i did in a month worth of eating all things restricted. But then again, there was alot of cookies, and cheesecake, and muffins and bread and cheese that contributed- cant say the weight came on and i dont know how- i full enjoyed it. haha at the time. Still 6 lbs to my goal. but not horrible. It does serve as a motivator and i plan on making today another win. Im not too hungry this morning. I feel smaller today, which is really great- thats the feeling that u want on a diet- and thats the one thats going to get u addicted to commitment to this diet.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Thanks for sharing about the benefits of the Yerba Mate. I actually have a bag in my cabinet, but never knew it was an appetite suppressor. Thanks for the information. I'm going to use it before my meals. =)
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 7 Empty Day 5

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:28 pm

Yesterday was alright= but i def went over my bites, i had like a small bowl of oatmeal with dates chopped in along with ALOT of hummus and a cube of cheddar... omg i was so miserable for the rest of the night cuz i had eaten so much in relation to what i have been eating. BUT usually i would have taken today and i would have fasted or something , but instead i just acted like yesterday didnt happen and i just stuck to my 4 bite of hummus and 1 bite of broccoli for lunch and 3 bites of stirfried lamb and 3 bites of stir fried butternut squash which was delcious and i reallllly wanted seconds, but knowing that dinner was already slightly over 5 bites and the fact that yesterday was counted as bad behavior i had to stay tough. I also spent the day gardening outside trying to get rid of the stupid bushes that are in my backyard taking over the place, which was a calorie burner. A few other people also kinda note down what they eat specifically, im going to start doing this as well just to act as a food journal so i know what i ate on good days vs bad days. Here goes:

- morning tea with milk and stevia
- 4 bites hummus, 1 bite broc
- Yerba Mate with milk and stevia
- 3 bites lamb, 3 bites squash
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:47 pm

yeah... yesterday... lunch was great- just 3 bites of leftover lamb, and 2 bites of bread, but then dinner... and u know my weakness for pizza....
lets just say... moving ON!

today-
breakfast- tea
lunch- 5 bites beet greens cooked with only salt and pepper
dinner- projecting for a 5 bites of whatever my mom makes.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:53 pm

okay yesterday wasnt horrible. went a little over my bites at dinner, but its alright.
Also i got an app on my iphone yesterday that helps me monitor calories, i think its called ifit- its free. Even tho this diet is restricting as it is, i've kinda been at a plateau for a while not budging from 111. I thought it would be good to see what kinda calories/nutrition i was getting in on the 5 bites- if i was eating like mostly fat content, or mostly carb content etc. So far, since yesterday was mostly veggies it wasnt horrible, BUT before dinner i did sneak a bite worth of roasted almonds- and that was a huge calorie/fat killer. Didnt think they were THAT horrible- but now i wont be touching them at 250 calories per 1/4 cup (a casual handful)

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sun Sep 19, 2010 2:09 pm

Almonds are a weakness of mine as well. They're delicious and easy to grab, plus it's easy to justify eating them since they're healthy. Healthy doesn't mean low calorie though, unfortunately. Not the best food to lose weight with, unless you can use them sparingly!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 am

Lisa, i have a pretty bowl of nuts on my dinner table, and when dinner is a little late cooking its too easy to just munch on em, trouble!!

I played tennis with my dad for 2 hours today and when i came home i was RAVENOUS... i ate carrots, cucumbers, beets, 6 almonds and whatever was in the fridge that was low cal atleast (think i racked up like maybe 100 calories in just veggies)... but man am i stuffed now. oh well. the weekends are always a little tough to stick to this diet, especially when i add in that much cardio it becomes near impossible for me. Its okay, tomorrow is a new day, and i will make tomorrow a perfect 5 bites day.

lunch- 5 bites chicken sandwhich
dinner- 4 bites of chicken, 4 bites of stuffed squash
snack- the bites werent even counted for the amt of veggies i inhaled....
- despite everything im still counting today as a LOSS.... the bites were way over and i dont feel wonderfully light like i success day. Tomorrow will be fresh and lovely- i will also add in a 20 min jog in the afternoon to subtract calories and hopefully tone up a bit.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:14 pm

okay, so today i woke up and i just feel in the do-good-things-for-urself kinda mood today. Im going to go for a little jog right now, and then maybe ill throw in another one later in the day depending on how tired i feel. Today im going to skip the lunch and substitute it with yerba mate. If i get hungry later in the day- its tea all the way. I've realized that sometimes im super hungry and ill push off having tea cuz its calories that i dont want to add into the day. But most of the time when im that hungry ill end up folding on something- either carrot sticks, or dates, or something which every time pushes me not only over in bites, but also over in calories, which is the reason ive been at the stand still with my weight. So i have to be more lenient with myself when it comes to making a cup of tea- also im going to have to learn to drink it black more often- or atleast with a little stevia and thats it. a cup with milk and sugar is going to have about 50 calories or so, with no milk probably 20 calories, when im in hungry mode im DEF going to eat more than 50 calories and i have to just do what helps.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:19 pm

On the days that I am really good with 5 bite, I must drink 6 or 7 cups of tea. I start every day with coffee, and then the iced tea all day, and switch to hot green at dinner. Luckily, I've learned to take it all black, with lemon (except coffee, milk with splenda) If I didn't, I would definitely be consuming at least 250 extra calories from sugar and milk. I dont like all of the chemicals in splenda, but the stevia taste doesn't do it for me. I wish I could find a better sweetener.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:34 pm

I need my coffee and tea to distract me from eating too. Good thing I like my coffee strong so I don't use much sweetener, just unsweetened almond milk (40 calories a cup). When I am feeling really decadent, I drizzle some SBUX caramel sauce on top of the foam to make a low-calorie caramel macchiato. Lately, the Yerba Mate tea with a packet of True Lemon is helping me too.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:01 pm

So i havent weighed in for a while. Im realllllly trying to hold off till friday but i really want to jump on it and see what ive done. Ive been sticking to 5 bite more or less had a little trip up on friday and again on monday, BUT i have been adding ridiculous cardio to my daily schedule. Every morning i'll go on the treadmill for an hour and mix up running and walking at a very steep incline- which burns about 500 calories, and then in the afternoon ill either run for another 20 minutes, or ill go play tennis with my dad for an 60-90 minutes. Im hoping that will not only help me get off my lazy butt, but also add in some muscle mass- thus yielding a metabolism increase. Tea's Journal - Page 7 Icon_biggrin
Yesterday was super.
Breakfast- tea with milk and stevia
lunch- 1 small apple (5 bites)
snack- Yerba Mate
Dinner- 3 bites salmon cake, 2 bites stir fried veggies, 4 bites baked spinach stuffed mushroom
- alright so it may not have been perfect 5x5, BUT with all that extra calorie burning i didnt even break even with the amt of input vs output so im hoping that this shakes things off a little more than they have been. Ive kinda been at a standstill and i still have a legit 10 lbs to go till my FINAL goal of 100 (18.5 BMI exactly), and 5 lbs to get back to my "before i messed up" weight.
Tea's Journal - Page 7 Star3 Tea's Journal - Page 7 Star3
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:02 pm

rubywong wrote: When I am feeling really decadent, I drizzle some SBUX caramel sauce on top of the foam to make a low-calorie caramel macchiato.

omg starbucks... i miss it!!!! can't have anything guilt ridden till this weight is off.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:52 pm

Great job on your super day yesterday. Keep it going strong for today.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 pm

hey thanks ruby, ur encouragement is great!
so today was good- 2 cups of tea and 5 bites of rotisserie chicken on one 1/2inch thick slice of italian bread.. and then more fruit than i should have had, but eh... atleast it was good food. I racked it up to about 500 calories of total cals today.. i count each cup of tea as 100 calories (tho thats def an overestimate since i put only a little milk and then stevia.. but it keeps the numbers round where im sure i underestimate in other spots). In response to my bad bahavior i stayed on the treadmill till i burned 500 calories. I wont allow myself to get out of control with this stupid eating for no reason bullcrap. There is no reason to eat and then be like oh phooie bad bad lets wait till tomorrow for this to go away. I feel like im not taking responsibility for my mouth. NO i ate all that then fine- body go get the nourishment u wanted from it- but the calories have to go... so ill run it off. So that brings me to approximately zero for the day.. give or take- i mean i didnt weigh the food or whatever, just estimating. But regardless... its better than if i just sat in front of the TV and just let the damage go un-attended for.

Im so unhungry for dinner right now- but i know my mom is going to be on my case if i dont eat something so ill just munch on some chicken or something and keep it light, carb-less and 5 bite for sure.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 7 Empty wtf

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:12 pm

so... i've been 100% good for 2 days hardcore with massive amts of exercise for the last week to try to erase the bad behavior of the previous.... but still no weight loss at all!!! i was hoping for at least 2 lbs, or a few tenths of a lb. but NOTHING. I havent been lifting weights or anything just running/walking at an incline and playing some tennis when i have the time.. all cardio. Im hoping that its just the initial muscle holding water when u start a new workout routine. omg so frustrating!! sigh. Im not going to let it get me down tho, it makes no sense that eating so little and then working most of the calories off would not allow me lose weight... maybe its my monthly, water weight, food weight... i guess it could be lots of things, and even if i lost a little fat and gained a little muscle it would be a gain overall since its heavier.

sigh, well being skinny but having fat on u isnt attractive either, and it isnt as helpful for long term weight loss, so might as well just stick to the workout and the smart eating and see where that takes me. Im going to stick to this diet tight till next week and weigh in (hopefully) again next friday... that should give some time for me to see a weight difference.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:30 pm

alright so my weight was cuz of my lady stuff... totally okay with that. my re-weigh in next friday should be fruitful.

Yesterday was HORRIBLE as far as diet is concerned, but eh, one day a month is not going to kill me. On the bright side tho- i both worked out and played tennis yesterday which personally showed a lot of "toughing it out" which im proud of, so it was a bad eating day, but it could have been about 500 calories worse if i didnt work out.

Anyway, today is a new day back on the diet. Im just getting dressed for me morning jog right now. I think for the rest of the day im going to just drink yerba mate and water and do a little day-time fast cuz i ate so much ick yesterday im actually still not hungry.. For dinner, i know its pizza, and i know its a weakness, but i have to get back on track- so im deciding right now at 10:30am that im only having half a slice- about 7 bites. Which i may follow with a short 20 minute work out before bed depending out how sore i am. ha.

ill keep u guys posted!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:34 am

ur right one day a month won't hurt...

Its good to get out there and exercise... the problem is starting it ... I HATE starting but once im doing it i really usually find myself enjoying it Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next