5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ruby's Daily Journal

+4
thinkthin
teaismyhappyplace
3jaysmom
rubywong
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Ruby's Daily Journal

Post  rubywong Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:09 pm

I've attempted the 5BD back in March 2010 for 1 whole month, and came out with my weight unchanged since I was doing well for 2 days, then messing up for 1 day, then doing well for 2 days again and messing up again. This time around, I want to break that cycle. I really need to lose some serious weight!

My mini goal is to lose 12 pounds by August 19, 2010. That gives me about 17 days to stick to the 5BD. Besides doing the 5BD, I also track the calories of my food because I measure everything. Hopefully writing everything down will give me a better insight as to how my diet really is and how I can change it to better my health and lose weight!

Breakfast: None
Lunch: Bowl of Barley with Pan Fried Egg White (about 140 calories)
Afternoon: Illy's Coffee with Almond Breeze (about 30 calories)
Dinner: Seeded Roll with Laughing Cow (about 235 calories)

rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Re: Ruby's Daily Journal

Post  3jaysmom Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Welcome back!! I remember you from the old website. If you can do well for even 4 days instead of two, you will still lose weight. That has pretty much been how I've done it so far, 4-5 good, 2 days bad, lol.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 2

Post  rubywong Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:52 pm

Thanks for the encouragement 3jaysmom. I remember you too. It is nice to "see" some familiar faces here. I will try harder this time!

This morning I am feeling on cloud 9 because when I jumped on the scale, it reflected a 2.4 lbs loss. I am absolutely sure that it is water weight from my previous 5BD experience, but I am still elated. It makes me want to stick harder to the diet today to see the scale go down tomorrow.

Lunch: Blueberry Crumpet with Crunchy Peanut Butter (about 160 calories)
Afternoon: Illy's Coffee with Almond Breeze (about 30 calories)
Dinner: 5 Spoonful of Moroccan Food Leftovers
Snack: Copious amounts of barley tea (no calories)

rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 3

Post  rubywong Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:19 pm

I knew yesterday morning's weigh-in must be water weight having its affect on the scale because there is no way I can lose 2.4 lbs overnight. Well, this morning proved me correct, but I can't help but to feel a little disappointed. I am up 1 lbs from yesterday so total weigh-loss is only 1.4 lbs. Must continue on!

Lunch: Strawberry Walnut Salad (about 220 calories)
Snack: Guayaki Yerba Mate Lemon Elation (about 55 calories)
Dinner: Cooked Barley with Pan Fried Egg (about 170 calories)

rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 4

Post  rubywong Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:23 pm

This morning I was down 1 lbs from yesterday. Total weight loss of 2.5 lbs. I am very glad the scale moved down today. I guess I am on track to hitting my goal with my average weight loss of 0.83 lbs per day, but I have not gone through the weekend yet and those days are the hardest to stick to the 5BD.

Lunch: Egg White Omelet w/ Veggies (about 120 calories)
Snack: Guayaki Yerba Mate Lemon Elation (about 55 calories)
Dinner: Pumpkin Porridge & Bean Sprouts (calories unknown)
Snack: Pirates Booty (about 130 calories)

rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 5

Post  rubywong Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:26 am

I went out for Japanese Shabu Shabu and ate a normal amount of food, but felt overly stuffed afterward. I guess my stomach has shrunk. No weigh in today.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 6

Post  rubywong Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:49 am

Ate more than normal on the 5BD, but I am still content with my diet considering it is the weekend.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:26 pm

this weekend was one of those like yours where I ate more than 5 bites for my two meals, but not that much, and I gained 5 pounds!?! I'm assuming it was just from the fact that it was salty food, but geez.... The worst thing is that I had 5 bites for BF, so now I have to try to go untill dinner! The weekends can be a killer!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 7

Post  rubywong Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:27 pm

Losing weight has proven to be a long and hard journey. I ate decently over the weekend although it was not strictly on the 5BD. This morning I weighed myself and was 1.5 lbs up since Friday morning. I attribute it to the fact that a part of my "weight loss" is purely water weight and not actual fat loss so I feel comfortable with the fluctuations after I eat normally. So after 5 days of the 5BD, I have lost a grand total of 1 pound. It is pretty discouraging considering how much time has passed, but I will take whatever I can get.

Lunch: Bowl of Cooked Barley with 2 Egg Whites (about 140 calories)
Dinner: Alot of food

Not exactly a 5BD friendly day.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 8, 9 & 10

Post  rubywong Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:01 am

After falling off the wagon on Monday, the following 3 days were normal eating days, meaning, not on the 5BD. I am normally an exerciser when I am not on the 5BD. I went to the gym today since I felt like I had the energy to do so. I feel so much more livelier after hitting the gym.

I think on days that I eat more than an ideal 5BD day, I will go to the gym since strictly following the 5BD does not seem to work for me. Total weight loss as of this morning is 1.6 lbs from Day 1. Better "will" tomorrow.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 1 Again

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:17 pm

It's nice to see the forum more lively again. Another day 1 for me today. I need to give it my 100% because as the year is wrapping up, it is getting harder and harder to lose the weight! Company Year End Party, Friend's Birthday, House Warming Party, and Family visits are ALL coming up!!

I feel like I haven't been totally transparent about my weight because I only report my losses and gains relative to my weight, but I never really stated my true weight. Gotta give it my 100%, be committed and accountable.

So here it is. My weight as of this morning is 114.1 lbs. My goal initial goal is to be 105 lbs, and final goal is to be somewhere around 100 lbs which was my former weight.

Bfast: None
Lunch: Greek Yogurt w/ Fresh Fruit & Almond Slices (about 180 calories)
Snack: Lipton Milk Tea w/ Condensed Milk (about 45 calories)
Dinner: Garlic String Beans (about 75 calories)
Snack: 1/4 Frozen Banana w/ Chocolate & Almonds (about 75 calories)

I tried the Yerba Mate tea as well. Not only does it suppress my appetite, it gave me immense energy for the gym! I did 65 minutes of elliptical today.

Last edited by rubywong on Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:22 pm

i know what u mean about things getting harder from here on out. With the holidays and all that lovely home cooking coming up, sticking to a diet is tough. Thats why i too am trying to get down to my goal weight by the end of the month. At least then i know that october i can have some candy on halloween, and i can afford a big pig out thanksgiving and whatever else as long as i behave for a little while after wards so i can drop whatever i gained. Good luck!!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:26 pm

Tea -- thanks so much for the encouragement! (Sipping on Yerba Mate right now)
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:29 pm

isnt it lovely? i think its my new favorite tea. Especially since it cuts the appetite, and its tasty!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:42 pm

I thought I did pretty well yesterday, so I was slightly disappointed when the scale reflected no loss for this morning. Still 114.1 lbs.

Lunch: Greek Yogurt with Banana, Strawberries & Almond Slices (about 180 calories)
Snack: S'mores (about 200 calories)
Dinner: TBD

Sipping Yerba Mate with a packet of True Lemon. So delicious! Taste similar to the can version of the Yerba Mate called Lemon Elation minus the sugar. ^_^
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Failed Miserably

Post  rubywong Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 am

Boy did I fail miserably this time. The weekend started on Friday and I ate myself all the way through Sunday night. I think this weighing myself everyday is causing me to be really anxious and when I don't have access to the scale I go a little crazy. I might have to start weighing myself once a week now.

Guess I will have to start my 5BD all over again. I have 4 social events this week too. Grrr....
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 1

Post  rubywong Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:29 pm

Feeling awfully big today after the weekend. I'm not going to weigh myself until next week.

Lunch: Kabocha Squash (about 100 calories)
Dinner: Dinner Engagement (will update)
Snack: Yerba Mate w/ True Lemon All Day

Dinner ended up being at a pricey buffet so I felt obligated to eat a fair share of seafood and such. Overall, I did alright for a normal day, but not on a 5BD. Two more days until my NEXT social engagement. Hopefully I will do perfectly for the next 2 days.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm

Resisted the scale this morning and went on with my day. It is shocking how one bad weekend can ruin the efforts of a whole week worth of hard work. NOT WORTH IT!

Lunch: Kabocha Squash (about 150 calories)
Snack: Yerba Mate with True Lemon All Day

I blew it with the 5BD today again. I feel like I have the worst self control. Overall consumption is around 1,000 calories for the day. Good for a normal day, but not when I am on the 5BD. Drinking Matcha green tea (no calories) and calling it a day. My lips are sealed.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 3

Post  rubywong Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:41 pm

Still avoiding the scale today.

Lunch: Barley with Lentils. Kabocha Squash & 2 Egg Whites (about 225 calories).

I ate about 2/3 of my lunch portion before I stopped. Drinking matcha green tea and I see a latte in my future too.

In the afternoon I ate a few more bites of Kabocha Squash (about 130 calories) and had 1/2 a non-fat latte (about 100 calories). I have a party to attend tomorrow evening so I went to the gym today and did 65 minutes of elliptical.

Mmmm.... dinner was 3 delicious potstickers (boiled, not pan-fried). It was so delicious (about 156 calories). Yum.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Day 4

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm

My stomach was pretty flat this morning which is a good sign. I am pretty happy about that.

Lunch: Blueberry Crumpet with Peanut Butter & Sliced Bananas (about 175 calories)
Dinner: Company's Annual Party (will update)
Snack: Matcha Green Tea & Yerba Mate w/ True Lemon (no calories)

I am really counting on the peanut butter to stick to the ribs today. I have to attend my company's annual party tonight so I expect there to be an enormous amount of food. Depending on how late it gets, I might hit the gym afterward.

The party I attended mainly served appetizer style foods. I had a few mini Kobe Beef sliders, samosas, dumplings, egg rolls, sushi and raw veggies. A little too much fried foods for my usual diet. At least I skipped on the alcohol. Dinner out again tomorrow.

Last edited by rubywong on Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:59 am; edited 1 time in total
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal Empty Re: Day 4

Post  thinkthin Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:06 pm

Wow looking good ruby!
Ughh I'm so pissed off i had such a bad dinner tonight!! It seems that dinners are my big vice...
Any advice for me?

thinkthin

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Hi Daryl,
When I overeat I like to think about the big picture. Did I do bad if this was any other day other than a 5BD day? The answer is usually no so I don't beat myself up over it and jump right back in the next meal. If I do bad one meal, I don't deprive myself of the next meal because for me, it usually sets me off to binge later and it will cause me more stress.

Here are some things I drink that kills cravings.

- Yerba Mate Tea
- Diluted Apple Cider Vinegar
- A sip of Aged Balsamic Vinegar (I like the William Sonoma One)
- Synergy Kombucha Tea from Whole Foods (pretty low in calories)

I find that the vinegar taste really kills cravings. Hope this helps.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:05 am

Some good advice here Ruby!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:00 am

Glad you found it helpful Lisa.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:53 am

How does the Synergy Koombucha taste? I've heard so much about it, but havent tried it yet. I've heard some say that it calms them down, some say that it gives them energy. Just curious!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next