5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marie's 5 Bite Journal

+3
Readyforchange
Dmac
marie.barber
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Marie's 5 Bite Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Marie's 5 Bite Journal

Post  Dmac Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:22 am

I'm sorry to here your struggling hopefully it's better now but tuff it out u can do it for explaining to your man about the fry's I would just be honest tell him they are so good your afraid u won't be able to stop explain it takes all your focus I'm shur he will understand and it's a complement to how good they are stay strong u can do it
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:40 am

Marie,

I have been crying and reading your post. It makes me sad to hear about your struggles, but it also makes me upset that you just don't see what you have helped me to see about you over our short time getting to know each other. YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU THINK YOU ARE. You are the type of person that has such mental strength. You have overcome so many things in life and you are dealing with others very well. You could have gone down the road towards binging, but you didn't- YOU ARE TOO STRONG for that. The part of your mind that wants to cling to your old way of dealing with things is testing you. YOU HAVE NOT LET IT WIN. You were too STRONG to give in to it. Read back over what you wrote. You can see the strength that it took to turn your back on what that part of your mind was asking you to do. SEE IT. BELIEVE IT. Your strength is there.

Marie, just from the short time that I have been reading your posts and replying to your messages, you have empowered us all. Your mind and outlook on life are so positive and clear. You embrace all that you are and you are working to better yourself. Not many people can say that they truly know themselves. You come close.

You have got to start seeing yourself as your fiance sees you- as a person worth knowing and loving. Talk to him about how you feel. Let him know what those fries represented to you. He loves you. He will understand. He is there to support you. In three weeks he will be your husband. You support each other.

I know that I may be out of line, and I am truly sorry, for what I have said, but I have come to care about you. I want you to continue to grow and change as you take your journey. We all doubt ourselves sometimes. We all, at times, see ourselves as less than we are. It is up to us to work our way through those roadblocks and continue on our way. You are worth the effort.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Last edited by Readyforchange on Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:46 pm

I sure hope all is well don't give up on yourself fight through it
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Marie's 5 Bite Journal - Page 2 Empty My first comments...

Post  renu712000 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

Welcome to the forum..

Although I haven't commented on your blog yet..Your last post I can sense your feelings of stopping this diet!

First of all..I am going to be blunt..YOU ARE DOING IT! but,....you are cheating at times...

Remember keep the rules simple!...You've got a deadline..so think about getting thin not the food!! You sound like me a little in regards to emotional eating...

When you say "bad day".."struggle"..no..my friend who is my group leader in other group...calls them as "LEARNING DAYS"...these are the days to find out why you are sabotaging your success and your goals!!

Reading some of your posts..you seem to let stress get to you..you let other's opinions matter to you when you know this diet works...

Remember why you are doing this...for yourself first. you want to get thin. you want to look great at your wedding...you love your future husband....
...SO when you "have those learning days"...remember why you started this process! You wanted to make that change yourself!

Also here's once excerpt from your post:
"I know I'm making progress on this diet, I see it in the tape measure and in clothes, but I swear every morning when I look in the mirror I see myself as growing bigger and bigger and I feel like such an ugly failure."

You are framing yourself to fail already! STOP...my leader caught that in me and in others who are writing things like that! STOP! The way we say things, think in our minds, write things or say things to people enforces our failures or limiting beliefs.

From now on you are going to do this..Here is an example...

"Up until now I use to do those things, I use to think those negative thoughts about myself...NOW I see am getting thin! I know what makes me an emotional eater...Now I don't binge anymore because I used that as a crutch."

Start with that...when you start thinking negative things..or look at yourself in the mirror...do this instead...

"Up until now I use to think XXXXX...NOW...I don't do XXX...I am doing XXX"...

Read an old post of mine in which my friend gave me advice to reframe our negative frames we create for ourselves.

Those are some tips...I know you can do this...Get your mindset right...Frame your mind, thoughts and emotions right...Do the diet right...Stop talking about maintenance until you are at your goals...you have time still to get there! It is so possible!

In regards to your husband and the fries! Don't sweat it...tell him "thank you...and I love you"...keep it simple,silly..."even though I might not eat your fries today..just know I appreciate the support and your love for working with me...thank you...I love you too"...and smile...kiss....big hug...and..etc etc...

Since you have been honest with him about this..he still loves you... you already thinking negative....
... but the way I saw it...your mind was telling you felt hurt...no foul...its all good still...don't let this get in the way of your relationship, your wedding..your goals to get thin!!

Well...I hope this helps..Its OK to write your feelings here but begin to change your thought process
NOW....NOW...
...now get back up....Stop delaying....I want you to be happy and get to your goals..We want you there..and so....does your hubba hubba....NOW GET GOING, MARIE!

Get back...You've got time! RESET! REFOCUS! TODAY...then tomorrow...then the next day...and you are back on track again!! GET THIN! LOVE YOURSELF! THINK THIN! You can drop two sizes quickly...GO! GO GO!

I believe in you and so do the others...NOW BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!! REMEMBER the success! REPEAT the SUCCESS!
Smile

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Marie's 5 Bite Journal - Page 2 Empty Long time no post! :)

Post  marie.barber Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:39 pm

Hey you guys, it's me Marie. I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a few days; I think I mentioned that I work from home and I've had some deadlines to meet so I've been super busy, but staying on track.

Dmac, you're awesome. I am so proud of you for reaching that goal and working on living a healthy life at a healthy weight. I'm so excited to read about your progress!
Readyforchange, I've missed ya, girl! Every day I'd come on here and I wouldn't see any updates from you and I'd just think of you and hope you're okay. I'm sorry to hear you were sick, but very glad to hear you're on the mend now.
Renu, thank you so much for taking the time to read and comment on my journal. It's definitely not easy for me to be so blunt and sometimes it's hard to have that bluntness given back in return Smile I love the phrasing you suggested I use with myself: "I used to think xxx but now I think..." Rephrasing can be such a powerful tool. Thank you for reminding me of that.

I really feel so honored to be a part of this community; I admire each and every one of you and I'm so blessed to know I don't have to do this alone. We are such a strong group of people and even though I've only been here for a little while I feel that I am part of a team and it feels Awesome.

That being said, I fully believe in the 5 bite diet and will recommend it to anyone and everyone who asks, but as for myself I've got to go off for a while. Please don't think I'm giving up; I just found out a couple of days ago- I'm pregnant! I'm only about 3 weeks along and this is definitely unexpected but totally wanted Smile Next week I'm going to be a wife, and right now I am a mommy! Kind of explains the crazy cravings and emotional wreck I've been, huh? We wanted to wait a year or two and I thought we were being careful; I had No Idea I'm expecting and would never have tried this diet yet had I known. When I took that pregnancy test a couple of days ago and I saw those two lines... I just can't explain how overjoyed I am Smile One of my aunts thinks I should go back to NY, another is offended that I didn't tell her sooner. My father is in shock and my mother (she's the only one of my family who's met my fiance, she came out to visit us for a week back in December), well, she won't even talk to me. Never mind she had me out of wedlock, never mind that this is her first and only grandchild. But it's okay, I'm learning how to make it okay; I wish my baby could have a better support system and be part of a family, but her mommy and daddy Love Her and that's more than enough. I think it's a little girl, I honestly don't know and I'll have to wait another 9 weeks before we can determine the gender, but I close my eyes and I see a little girl. She's got her daddy's Asian eyes, my nose, his full lips, and she's just a bit lighter than me. She has this big shock of thick black hair, black like mine and his. She's gorgeous. I always wanted a son but God, I touch my belly and I feel it's a little girl and I'm so in love with her Smile We'll name her Dora Kim Barber if she's a girl- Dora after my great grandma, Kim after her daddy's last name before he was adopted. If it's a boy he'll be Noah Adam Barber- Adam is his daddy's name, and I just love the name Noah Wink I try not to call it "her"; I'll be so embarrassed if I end up having a son and I've been calling him "she" the whole time Smile I try to call it "Peanut"- that's what my parents called me before I was born, before they knew if I was a boy or a girl. "D
Peanut" feels so unnatural, somehow Dora just feels so right Smile And did you know I can feel her in my belly? As soon as Adam impregnated me I just thought Yep, I'm with child now. Of course I've never been pregnant so I didn't know for sure, but when you touch my belly... There's this little firmness on the right side where she implanted, the left side of my belly feels soft and squishy, but the right side feels firm. There's a little pressure in there, our little baby Smile Adam talks to her, my God he's in love with her- I just want to cry and cry and cry I feel so complete. The baby's due in November, I definitely plan on only gaining the recommended 25-30 pounds and getting back on the 5bd come December. For all you moms and dads out there, how did you deal with pregnancy? Did you fully just take a break or did you try to keep the weight gain in check? I'm Terrified of miscarrying; my mom's pregnancy with me was really rough, she was on complete bedrest for the last 5 months and the doctors even advised she get an abortion because they didn't think I was viable and she was so sick. She's had a couple of miscarriages since then and I'm So Afraid for my daughter's health but I know God willing somehow I'll manage. See? I keep calling her my daughter, I really have to stop doing that Smile

Okay you guys, I'm off for now. I'll still be reading the forum from time to time. I wish you all nothing but success and I know I'll have success too, just in a different form Smile Lots of love,

-Marie and Dora. Or Noah Smile Marie and Peanut? Yeah, that sounds about right Very Happy

marie.barber
marie.barber

https://www.facebook.com/your.lovely.marie

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Marie,

I am so glad to hear about peanut! I know that you will make a great mom! I wish you and your little family the best! Let us know how things go and if you are right about peanut being a girl.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  LC Cartz Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:55 am

Congratulations Marie! That's awesome! My little peanut went to Kindergarten round-up today and she had a blast!

LC

LC Cartz

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 am

Ya congratulations marie enjoy every minute it goes fast my peanut just took my wife's car to the store she is sixteen now my other peanut is sitting hear with me he's playing a game. He is10
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2