5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 bites vs calories

5 posters

Go down

5 bites vs calories Empty 5 bites vs calories

Post  Morticia Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 am

I know that most of you are aware that 5 bites of lettuce is much less calories than 5 bites of a snickers bar.

That I worry about is that people do not take into concideration that they need to make sure that your body gets the fats and proteins a body needs, 5 bites of lettuce just will not work so in my opinion salads are not something you should eat on this diet, infact I do not think snickers are the best food choice as well.

You can look at my daily journal for tips and to get an idea of what I eat on a daily basis.

I also drink about 3 cups of green-tea everyday and try to avoid sugars and artificial sugars because they affect your blood sugar which can in time make you binge.
You want to avoid pitfalls eat fat, avoid sugar, drink plenty of water and green tea.

(sorry if my English is poor I am Swedish)
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

5 bites vs calories Empty Re: 5 bites vs calories

Post  Morticia Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:12 am

Want to amp up your weight-loss?

Talk walks, light house work, and naps.
Do not over exercise, avoid aerobic exercise, it will release too much cortisol from overworking the body and especially if you are on the 5bite diet and you will hold on to fat longer some even tend to gain when over working the body.
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:53 am

I agree 100% about salads...you will starve between meals if you are eating mostly veggies for sure. I learned this early on in my experience so I make sure my bites are a great combo of carbs and protein to fuel me through each day. I only did a snicker bar one time for lunch... I was so hungry by dinner, ravenous, I never did that again. Plus I like real food and don't have much of a sweet tooth so no candy bars for me Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  shanni82 Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:21 pm

This is a very helpful little thread. I find it really easy to get sucked into the idea of choosing 5 tiny bites of an already very low calorie food. I would like to find foods I can easily prepare a 5 bite serving of... and eat that same food/amount weekly. I think my system will do best if each week it can have a set "meal". I also can't cook much or I will overeat. I need to stay out of the kitchen.

I have often lived on a vegan or vegetarian diet, but for the purpose of the 5BD I do not think this will be good for me. So I will probably do animal products and see how it goes. I do have an egg allergy though, so eggs are out :-( I have quite a lot of organic coconut oil as well as the butter, so I will try to get that into my diet. I am a bit nervous today about living on peanut butter, lol. I might miss really chewing something.

I am considering going to the grocery store to pick up cheese, and a porkchop!
shanni82
shanni82

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:14 am

shanni82 wrote:This is a very helpful little thread. I find it really easy to get sucked into the idea of choosing 5 tiny bites of an already very low calorie food. I would like to find foods I can easily prepare a 5 bite serving of... and eat that same food/amount weekly. I think my system will do best if each week it can have a set "meal". I also can't cook much or I will overeat. I need to stay out of the kitchen.

I have often lived on a vegan or vegetarian diet, but for the purpose of the 5BD I do not think this will be good for me. So I will probably do animal products and see how it goes. I do have an egg allergy though, so eggs are out :-( I have quite a lot of organic coconut oil as well as the butter, so I will try to get that into my diet. I am a bit nervous today about living on peanut butter, lol. I might miss really chewing something.

I am considering going to the grocery store to pick up cheese, and a porkchop!

If you do not like to eat meat there are alternitives also if you are willing to eat some here are some of the things I eat.

Half chicken breast boiled, half salmon filet, one pork shop, one or 2 eggs depending on their size (all of them depend on size), bacon wrapped livers make them bite sized, etc...

Remember the no meat foods with good fats that keep you fuller, Avacados, cheese, olives, sweet potatoes.
So if you want to avoid meat remember your protein and fats.

Some low-carb, low-cal no sugar ideas ( I know you cant eat eggs so just ignore the ones with egg in them) :
Instead of using white potatos for mashed potatoes you can use cauliflower.
Instead of using white flower or wheat when cooking you can use coconut flower or almond flower they are lower in carbs and calories.
Make pizza crust using eggs or meat instead of flour.
Portobello Mushroom caps made like burgers if you do not eat meat, eat without the bun.
Jumbo shrimp cooked in coconut oil or butter.
Tacos wraped in lettuce leaf, remember the less grains and sugar the faster you lose.

A big tip is that: the better the foods you eat, the faster you will lose weight. You give your body what it needs and it will thank you for it.
So a good way to amp up the 5bite is to eat healthy and eat low carb.

What I avoid when on 5 bite and when off as well.

Rice
Wheat
Rye
White potatoes
Breads, pasta, baked goods.
Sugars, fake sugars.
Too much fruit
If I do eat fruit I stick with berries and pitted fruits they are best for you.
Processed meats

What I do eat:
Whole meats, like fish, fowl, beef, pork etc.
99% of vegetables that are not white starchy or high in glycemix.
Berries, pitted fruits
green tea and other teas. Water.

Some hints, Organic grass fed meats are best for you and amp up your weight loss.
Try to buy whole foods and organic. Your body will thank you and you will lose weight much faster.
Cook with only unrefined virgin cold-pressed coconut oil. It helps you lose weight. (google it)

(Again sorry for any mistakes in my spelling my english is not so good)

Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  connie Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:19 am

Good tips and I totally agree!
connie
connie

Back to top Go down

Post  Platinumbodyperformance Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:05 am

I am agree in full and good tread