5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Journal

+29
Mrs5BD
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Yuki526
needhelp
Pookykat
16Again
Scarlet
kelleep26
kimikat3
ElleBella
Maernet
Kaliopikat
mommieof2
amu82
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
insanity
herbsgirl
teaismyhappyplace
Jesabelle
spryng
Dmac
eveangel22
misunderstood
Snow White
33 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  Alexis2012 Sun May 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Hmm, I don't have any advice about the constipation. I usually just have some yogurt (any kind), lactose (I am intolerant), and some bananas and then I am living in the bathroom for hours lol.

I say your health comes first even before dieting. Try to find someway to bridge the two but if you need those prunes or the laxative then you gotta do what you gotta do. It might even help with the weight loss too. I was googling salt flushes the other day. I couldn't bring myself to one but it did seem quick and few calories in case you are interested.

You had a great week, snow white and we are gearing up for another top notch week.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Sun May 20, 2012 10:29 pm

Just to pipe in about the salt water flush, it works however it will cause majour bloating due to the high amount of salt. I've done it 2 times during my water fast.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 am

I did google that salt flush and I can't commit that kind of time to a toilet right now. It sounds really interesting though! After next week I will be off for the summer and I may see about doing it then. Until then I guess it's me and the laxatives...I did not get a chance to go to Walgreen's today b/c I'm going to look for the probiotic supplements too and see if that helps! Thanks ladies! You're the best!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Sunday, May 20

Post  Snow White Mon May 21, 2012 12:58 am

weight: 186.7 I'll take it!!!!!!!!

b-coffee w/chocolate creamer
l- 2 bites potato cake, 3 bites beef n cheddar sandwich (Arby's)
d- 1 bite seasoned fries, 4 bites philly cheese steak pizza

I took 3 water pills today...at b, l, d...we'll see how that works out. I took the laxative last night and I did go this morning. I'm taking it again tonight and will for a few days. Any opinion on using the the water pills and the laxative at the same time???? One doc said take the water pill and another said to take the laxatives...I didn't think to tell them I'd be taking both. I know to some people this might sound abusive but it's not like I'm taking a box of laxatives and a box of water pills in an attempt to lose weight b/c I'm not...I'm just trying to be well and you can be well if you are retaining a lot of fluid and holding toxins in your bowels. What do you girls think???
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon May 21, 2012 1:21 am

Snow white, I would have to agree toxins in the bowels are not good. I,myself, took another seena laxative today. I'm going to go with figs though as they make me regular.

As far as the question regarding the water/laxative pills at the same time I don't know how that would play out I'm sure if you are not using both in conjuction with each other on a daily bases it would be ok, however I'm no doctor. Very Happy. I would be concerned with muscle cramps from the fluid pills. I guess its trial and error or you could call your local pharmacist. Good luck. I have not been the best girl today on my diet. It still low calorie but I've been craving foods AAALLLL day.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Monday, May 21

Post  Snow White Mon May 21, 2012 3:03 pm

weight: 185.2 !!!!!!!!!

I only took one water pill today, so we'll see if this holds!!!!!!!

l- 2 bites tortilla chips w/ Pancho's cheese dip, 3 bites chicken salad sandwich
d- 2 bites garlic cheese bread, 3 bites low carb lasagne (no noodles)

I tried an enema today when I got home from work and was able to go a little bit...the laxative I took last night did nothing. My back is hurting terribly and after the enema the back felt a little better. I may try it again tomorrow after work. TMI TMI TMI but if you stay on this diet long enough you might experience this too...so hopefully this post will help someone sometime! Smile)))))))

Last edited by Snow White on Tue May 22, 2012 2:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Mon May 21, 2012 6:58 pm

Doesn't matter how you got back to 185, I know it was still great to see that number come back around Laughing
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue May 22, 2012 2:29 am

Amen! I'll take it any way I can get it! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Tuesday, May 22

Post  Snow White Wed May 23, 2012 12:12 am

weight: 184.5!!!!!!!!! : )))))))))))))

b- nothing
l- 2 bites tortilla chips w/Pancho's cheese dip, 3 bites pimiento cheese sandwich
d- 2 bites bacon, 3 bites pancakes w/syrup

I do not understand how I could be so constipated and still be losing weight...yes I know I ate a lot of cheese today but I'm going to eat what I want!!! I did another enema when I got home and almost nothing happened...I took a softener this morning and I took some vegetable laxatives this evening...so hopefully tomorrow morning things will be better! I'm going to continue the enema and softeners until I'm all clear...Also, I am taking a half a pain pill each night before bed due to some vascular pain and I just learned than pain meds can stop you up...so that may be the real problem. At least I am still losing! : ))))))))))))

Last edited by Snow White on Wed May 23, 2012 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed May 23, 2012 1:07 am

Woot Woot Snow white.. That's awesome. I'm glad your still losing. I actually bought some fiber and have been adding it to my yogurt.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Wed May 23, 2012 8:51 am

WOW, snow white, your body is really ready to move into the next phase!!! You go girl.

I hope your bathroom issues clear up soon though. It sounds as if you are doing everything under the sun to get things moving again so good job!!
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Thu May 24, 2012 2:43 am

Just wanted to say hello, Snow White. Good job on the loss! Hope you're having a nice evening.
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Wednesday, May 23

Post  Snow White Thu May 24, 2012 2:58 am

Thanks, Alexis!!!! I am enjoying it while it lasts b/c I was stuck between Jan.-April and I was starting to get really discouraged! I didn't take the pain pill last night and my bathroom issues were much better this morning...but I'm in pain tonight again and will have to take it and I've waited too late to take the laxatives so there's no telling what tomorrow will be like! Thanks for checking on me Kat, I'm on later than usual tonight! I hope you are doing well and I'm about to read everyone's posts for today. : ))))

weight: 183.0 !!!!!!!!!!! (I won't be able to go the bathroom tomorrow morning, so I'll probably have a gain...so I'm not going to sweat it!)

b-1/2 big cup of coffee w/chocolate creamer (I was so busy I didn't have time to drink it all.)
l- 2 bites seasoned crackers w/pimiento cheese, 3 bites grilled chicken pasta salad
d- 2 bites sour cream & cheddar chips, 3 bites hot dog w/cheese, relish, ketchup, & mustard

My husband is taking me out to dinner on Saturday and I'm seriously considering just eating and getting back on track on Sunday...any thoughts on fasting for lunch on Sat. or should I just do the 5 bites????
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 24, 2012 11:44 am

Snow White that's AWESOME!!!! 3 more lbs and you will be out of the 180's and closer to your goal.. You got me thinking when you said the pain meds cause the constipation. I take a daily anxiety tablet and it can cause constipation but before I never had issue but I was eating a ton of fruits and food in general so it had to come out, right.. I hope your weight doesn't go up and if it does you know just one good trip to the bathroom and you will be a pound or two lighter lol.. Keep up the good work..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Snow white I forgot to give my two cents on the fasting. I would say if you want to enjoy then yes try and fast on Saturday but, not to vere to far of the 5 bite plan I know when you up your calories and then lower them again it tricks your body into burning faster the next day. I've heard of some people zig zagging there calories like one day 500 next day 900 then back to 500 this way it keeps your body guessing and burning. I've never tried it but with my cheat days and i'm still losing somethings going on. So it's your call but fasting wouldn't be a bad idea.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 24, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks Michelle!!!! I will probably fast, but I'm going to E-A-T!!!! Then I'll get right back on the next day and hopefully I won't have gained too much!! : ))))))))))) We're going to Carraba's...I don't know if you have it where you live, but it's Italian and I L-O-V-E their filet mignon w/ goat cheese they call it Filet Bryan and they also have french bread with olive oil and herbs to dip the bread in....all definitely worth at least fasting for lunch for sure! : )))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Fri May 25, 2012 8:42 am

Snow white, that sounds yummy! I would fast, fast, fast!!! Might as well skip a few to make room dinner. Also, if possible, start dinner with a salad or a protein or even fruit to get your stomach a lil happy and somewhat full before going all out. Sometimes after skipping a meal, we can really over compensate. I know that when I have long stretches between meals, when I finally get home it's like I feel entitled to eat the entire kitchen because I feel as if I made a sacrifice that deserves to be rewarded with FOOD and lots of it lol.

Enjoy your dinner and I am sure whatever you gain (if any) will be water and there really is a good possibility that you may just lose.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Friday, May 25

Post  Snow White Fri May 25, 2012 9:32 pm

b- nothing
l- 1 bite baked beans, 4 bites bbq sandwich
d-tooooooooooo much Mexican food...very bad choice given that I'm eating tomorrow night : ((((((

weight: 183.0

Still having a lot of bathroom trouble... I was hoping to be at 182 today, but no luck! I'm eating Mexican tonight which always makes me retain water so I probably won't lose today...then I'm eating tomorrow for dinner so we'll see what happens over these next few days. Sad((( On the upside...I went to the movies and did not eat any popcorn!!!!! It was torture, but I survived!!! : ))))) Also, YAY!!!!! SCHOOL'S OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!! But I'm still working on my master's, so I'll be working a little bit until June 24th and then my master's will be D-O-N-E!!!!!!!!!!!!! : )))))))))))))))))))))))

Well I ruined my dinner plan and I know what happened...I had a Skinnygirl Cosmo before we went to dinner and that alcohol just made me want to do nothing but gorge myself. I feel really bad about it, but from now on NO cocktails before mealtime...if I have a cocktail later in the evening after I've eaten all my food it does not effect me like this. So, I'm predicting a gain on my Sat. & Sun. weigh ins, but back to losing come Monday morning.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Sat May 26, 2012 3:54 am

aww...as long as you get back on track as soon as you can. : ) I hope the Mexican food tonight was tasty, and that you really enjoy your dinner tonight. Maybe you can have a good day until dinner tomorrow. It doesn't matter as long as in the end you get back to plan. Have fun tomorrow!
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Saturday, May 26

Post  Snow White Sat May 26, 2012 10:22 pm

weight: 185 (A 2 pound gain was not worth that cheat!!!!!!!! Also, I won't be fully back on plan until Sunday, so I may see another gain tomorrow!!! : (((((((()

b-Starbuck's white chocolate mocha nonfat
l- 5 bites KFC famous bowl
d- planning to be very bad at Carraba's tonight + dessert at local bake shop (chocolate cupcakes)

On the upside I did go to the bathroom this morning and I started taking probiotics today so hopefully that will help so I can stop the laxatives. Also, I played tennis today for an hour in 95 degree heat, but I loved it! I don't see tennis as exercise although it burns a ton of calories, I see it as fun and something I'd like to get much better at doing. Even with the gain today, this has been an awesome day...for me the real first day of summer (no work for 8 weeks, yay!), picnic lunch and tennis w/my family, home to swim and sun in our pool for hours, then dinner with my husband! Awesome, awesome day! Also, I feel so much better about the way I look, I finally got my eyebrows done and got a slight trim on my hair and my legs are not looking near as fat and I'm sooooooooo happy about all of this! I'll be back on plan tomorrow and will feel even better when I see that scale move in the right direction and fast!!!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Sun May 27, 2012 11:24 am

Snow White don't be so hard on yourself. 95 degree weather and extra consumption can bring on fluid retention and some that just needs to pass through you digestive system. I think you will be simply amazed on monday. Way to go on the tennis that is awesome exercise to say the least. I'm just curious if you live down south as everything you mention about weather school and things like that sounds like you are echoing my mom. I am originally from SC and the kids got out on thursday of school and she said it was in the 90's yesterday she was out at the flea market doing some cheap bargaining. In Canada we do not have a Carraba's (sp) but I anyway I'm sure you will be just fine when you weigh in on monday. Keep your eye on the skinny prize and giving yourself a cheat day sometimes is worth it so you don't binge a lot.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Sun May 27, 2012 1:30 pm

Hello Snow White, I have just read your journal in all it's glory!.. Thanks for writing it, it gives some good insights.
You certainly lose weight very, very well when you stick to the 5 bites, despite the PCOS. And I notice you are having a lot of cheats that hold you back!

This is what you wrote in early May:

"Snow White on Mon May 14, 2012 9:36 pm
I have lost and gained and lost the same 5 pounds for the last 4 months...I'm ready to REALLY lose NOW!!!!! I don't care what is going on, I want to eat 5 bites and be done! Taking time off for special occasions just doesn't work for me! I might could have been done by now if I had stayed on plan all this time! I will do better!!!!!!"

I will do my best to support you thru the hard times.
When you have the conviction in your heart, it goes SO SO well for you!!
So what happens to that conviction in between times with cheats ?
(Wanting to know , with much support and love! )

Look at your weight now, you have lost so much! Congratulations!
Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 12:46 am

Well, just having come off a cheat your comments don't offer me any comfort at all. But I know you didn't mean anything by it. This diet is much easier for men to stick to for some reason. Are you male or female? If you're female, your hormones and emotions will play hell over your deepest convictions. If you are male, you won't understand that at all and you should do kick ass on this diet and be to your goal in no time. Also, I have a lot of weight still to lose. I have lost 40+ pounds and I'm still fat and that really sucks big time!!!! I know when I'm good, I lose. But I've been on diets that I've been good on and not lost at all. So at least no matter how I fail or how I come short on this plan if I behave I know I can lose! Good luck and I hope you reach your goal in no time! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 10 Empty Food Journal for Sunday, May 27

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 1:59 am

Michelle, yes....I'm in Tennessee and we are already having 95 & 96 degree heat! But I love the south and wouldn't have it any other way! : ))))))))

weight:187.6 obviously not worth the cheats, but at least I'm still in the 180s...worth mentioning is that my period is here and it's not supposed to be right now and my bathroom problems persist. I took the probiotics for the first time to today. I didn't take the softener this morning or the laxative last night b/c I wanted to see what the probiotics could do alone. Also, I was hurting so bad with my vascular issue that I went ahead and took a whole pain pill last night. I'm not going to take one tonight and I may do an enema before I go to bed. I know it's TMI, but hopefully this info will help someone sometime and also hopefully you can help me if you've ever experienced this.

l-2 bites crab & lobster bisque, 3 bites white bbq chicken sandwich
d- 3 bites filet mignon, 2 bites mashed potatoes & asparagus (Carrabba's leftovers)

It is my great hope that this will be the greatest summer for all of us and that we will all lose as much as possible. I'm hoping for a pound a day as long as I stay on plan! It would be so awesome to go back to work on July 30 and have lost a ton of weight!!!!! : ))))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Mon May 28, 2012 2:40 am

: ) I second your hope for the summer! It certainly sounds possible!
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next