5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Journal

+29
Mrs5BD
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Yuki526
needhelp
Pookykat
16Again
Scarlet
kelleep26
kimikat3
ElleBella
Maernet
Kaliopikat
mommieof2
amu82
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
insanity
herbsgirl
teaismyhappyplace
Jesabelle
spryng
Dmac
eveangel22
misunderstood
Snow White
33 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 4:21 am

Just posted a 20 Day Streak Challenge in Ultimate Team Challenges....please stop by there and see if you are interested in participating! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Maernet Mon May 28, 2012 10:45 am

[quote="Snow White"]Well, just having come off a cheat your comments don't offer me any comfort at all. But I know you didn't mean anything by it.

Not at all, dear Snow White, I admire you immensely!
I am also a woman, but I foolishly have forgotten what it is like to have the raging hormones every month as I have been menopausal for over 12 years, so my sincere apoplgies , I 'm not the best writer in the world. Sad I guess I just want you to succeed.
All my children have grown up (2 sons, 2 daughters) and now I'm seeing the next generation (3 grandchildren) so I don't have to contend with the daily stresses of bringing up a family. But I do remember and understand all that stuff.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all attend 5 bite bootcamp somewhere away from all the distractions of life and just support each other for a few weeks!

Maernet
Maernet

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon May 28, 2012 1:31 pm

Snow white EXACTLY you are still in the 180's which means you have accomplished enough that you will not see the 190's again. Even with your cheat you only put on 4lbs and you will lose those four quickly and with your bathroom issue it should defiantly help once that is straighten out. I knew you must be down south some where. I love the south as well but I hate heat I really do.

I will have to stop by the challenge thing and feel it out. Good luck this week and stop saying your cheat wasn't worth it b/c it was worth the time you spent with your family and not feeling like you were losing out on anything, it's not like you won't drop those pounds again quickly. Keep up the good work.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Food Journal for Monday, May 28

Post  Snow White Mon May 28, 2012 2:41 pm

Thanks so much, Maernet & Michelle! Michelle, I'm in Tennessee : )))))))

Challenge Day 1:

weight: 185.6 (So I ended up breaking even with last Monday, which at least is not a net gain overall. I'm going to try to lose at least 6-7 pounds this week if possible!!! I'd love to love more, if my body would let it go....I really wanted to be at 173 by May 31st...I don't think that's going to happen but I may be able to catch up to my goal next week as long as I stay consistent.)

b-Starbuck's
l-2 bites french fries, 3 bites cheeseburger
d- 1 bite baked beans, 4 bites bbq sandwich

1 hour tennis in 95 degree heat, but I LOVED it!!!!! : )))))) I just don't see tennis as exercise, it is so much FUN!!!! : ))))))))))))
Major headache from tennis in the heat, but I'm drinking water and taking Tylenol for it, NOT eating....I used to think food could cure all ills...not anymore! Food causes a lot of ills! I am hoping for a nice loss today. It would be awesome to be back to 183 tomorrow, where I was before my two cheat days!

Last edited by Snow White on Tue May 29, 2012 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Hi

Post  ElleBella Mon May 28, 2012 7:02 pm

You are going to get that 7 done this week..! I wish you the best with it.. Very Happy
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Food Journal for Tuesday, May 29

Post  Snow White Tue May 29, 2012 3:50 pm

b- coffee w/chocolate creamer
l-2 bites foccocia bread, 3 bites spagettios & meatballs
d-2 bites foccocia bread, 3 bites italian sausage penne pasta

weight: 183.6

So, I've been back on for 2 days after being off for two days...I gained 4 pounds while off and then after just 2 days back on I'm on up .6 from where I was before the cheat...this makes me think that possibly I really only gained the .6 from the cheat and the rest was just water, bloat, and waste. Anyway, I'm glad it didn't take four days to recover from the damage of the cheat. The real test will be when I weigh in tomorrow...If I have lost another pound, I will be amazed and thinking my body is really ready to give up this weight finally once and for all!!!!

I went to bed at 12:00 last night and woke up at 3:00...I have ringing in my ears that keeps me awake at night...I'm having a test done to confirm the cause tomorrow. I can deal with the ringing, but if they could just give me something to help me sleep that would be great. I was really glad that it is summer and I didn't have to go teach class on 3 hours sleep...but I've got serious homework today and I'm just too brain tired from lack of sleep to give it the attention it needs...then I have that Dr. appt. tomorrow and I will be falling behind on my homework. I'm sure it will all work out...just venting a little! : )))) Normally these are the things that would bring on a stress eating binge, but not today b/c I want my 20 pounds in 20 days!!!! What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face

Last edited by Snow White on Wed May 30, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty ahhh

Post  ElleBella Tue May 29, 2012 4:33 pm

Vent away darling you sound like you sure deserve it.. Hugs You are doing so great with all and being down another lb Basketball yahooooo!!!! I wish you a wonderful day and hopefully some sleep.. flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue May 29, 2012 8:26 pm

Thanks, Debbie!!! No sleep though...hopefully I'll sleep better tonight! I did the dishes and got my last load of laundry into the dryer, baked some focaccia (sp) bread, and read journal articles until by eyes burned, and that's all I can do for today...I'll have to finish up that homework tomorrow when I get back from the dr. Sleep
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty ahhh

Post  ElleBella Wed May 30, 2012 2:25 am

Sleep tight.. Sleep
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Wed May 30, 2012 3:15 am

Lack of sleep sucks. I hope you get that issue taken care of soon; that can be totally miserable.

Wow...that's fantastic you dropped the gain so quickly, good job! That's encouraging to the rest of us. Goodnight. : )
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Food Journal for Wednesday, May 30

Post  Snow White Wed May 30, 2012 9:40 pm

b-nothing
l- 5 bites Wendy's blt cobb salad w/ ranch dressing (ugg, 2 hours later my stomach was growling!)
d- 2 bites tater tots, 3 bites pepperoni pizza

weight: 182.8

I went to the doctor today and they did an ECOG test to test my ears for Meniere's disease...thank God I do not have it! They said the ringing is due to scar tissue from chronic ear infections that I had when I was little. They gave me a prescription for some meds to help me sleep and I'll go back in about 5 mos. when the prescription runs out. Hopefully, the medicine will help me rest. I am still having bathroom problems, though! I am taking probiotics every day and I'm not sure how long I would need to take those to see a difference. I guess I'm back to enemas & laxatives...I don't know which is worse...I really don't want to mess up my digestive system with either of those.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 31, 2012 2:13 am

Awh Snow white I hope the mess help. My dd has chronic ear infection and tubes 3times this upcoming surgery will make 4 tomes. The probiotics I'm giving dd is helping her instantly. Just make sure your taking the right amount. Good Jo on the weight loss.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu May 31, 2012 3:15 pm

Michelle, I think the bottle said take 1 a day so that's what I'm doing. It really doesn't seem to be helping at all, but I'm going to keep at it!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu May 31, 2012 5:08 pm

Don't you just love auto correct I just realized instead of saying Meds it said mess.. Sorry Well I know when I went to the natural food store they mention about how much you need to take but I didn't note it as I was looking for my dd and she's 3 so it would be way different for Adults.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu May 31, 2012 5:51 pm

I sure hope you can get some sleep you poor thing.. a few almonds works for me.. they are so high in fibre and as long as I eat them after dinner .. all works well in the am.. lol.. hope this helps..

Snow.. wishing you dd a safe op.. Very Happy

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Food Journal for Thursday, May 31

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:26 am

b- coffee w/ chocolate creamer
l- 1/3 cup Wendy's blt cobb salad
d- I don't know what the hell happened and I'm sick of making excuses...I waited too long to eat, but really why? So what, why can't I wait a while to eat? God knows I've got plenty of fat stores to tied me over.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:41 am

You sound like me, about the "enough fat stored up" comment. So annoying that we continue to get hungry. lol. Sounds like you did great until dinner. That's exactly my problem, but every day, it seems. Keep up the good work, Snow White, new, better day today. More importantly...it's FRIDAY!
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:07 pm

Hey Snow White, long time no see! I'm sorry to hear you've been having issues with bathroom, ringing in the ears, and sleeping. Have you been playing any more tennis? That sounds fun! I was never very good at tennis, and never took the time to practice. I've been having some headaches from getting dehydrated from working out in the heat, it's been hot here too! I also know what you mean about having plenty of fat to burn but still getting hungry. I think maybe my body isn't very efficient at burning fat, so it prefers having real food instead of depending on fat stores. I don't understand why I get soooo hungry at times, it's ridiculous. Anyway, hang in there. I hope today goes great for you.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:22 pm

Insanity, glad you're back! : ))))

We are trying to play tennis 2 or 3 times a week. It burns like 700 calories an hour and we go for an hour each time. I really don't see it as exercise even though I know it is. I have to be very careful to water load the day before tennis or I get those terrible headaches you mentioned. We're also going to try going at night and see if that's better. I am still struggling w/bathroom issues, but the sleep is much, much better with the sound machine and the pill they gave me. The pill is an anti-anxiety medicine...I guess it helps me relax and not focus on the ringing so I can sleep. Anyway, it's working and I'm glad about that! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Getting some measuring done for new countertops today and they are already 20 minutes late. Uggg! Mad
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 11 Empty Food Journal for Friday, June 1

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:41 pm

b- coffee w/chocolate creamer
l- 2 bites deviled egg, 3 bites blt cobb salad (I finally threw this away after eating on it for 3 days and it was a 1/2 salad, too---there was still a lot left, but I ate all the good stuff off it!)
d-will post

weight: 183.9

I had an unplanned cheat yesterday and I could have gained a lot more...glad I didn't. I'm back on plan today and will make sure I eat at regular intervals even if I have to eat by myself. I want out of the 180s...I really want to hit 175 b/c that will be my 50 pound milestone! I know I'm still fat, but this morning my husband said, "You're getting skinny!" I'm glad he's starting to really notice the change and that made me feel better b/c I was beating myself up mentally over that unplanned cheat.

It's true you can save a lot of money on this diet, I used to scarf down that 1/2 cobb salad in about 5 minutes and look around for other stuff to eat. I ate it 3 days for lunch and threw out most of it today. But I will be hitting the Mexican food tonight like every Friday! It always makes me retain water, so I'm going to try to space out taking 3 water pills today. I took one this morning, one in the late afternoon, and if I can remember I'll take one before bed to help offset all the salt.

Last edited by Snow White on Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:09 pm

That is a very sweet comment for your husband to make, very nice. It's little things like that that are so encouraging.

Can you tell me about this chocolate creamer you use. I went to the grocery store this morning to try to find a fat free one, and there were so many options...what is the brand you use, and where do you find it?

Hope your Friday is going great.
Kat
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:22 pm

Snow white what a complement from hubby and tennis is a great work out. Keep up the good Work.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:14 pm

The chocolate creamer is made by coffee mate and is not sugar free or fat free. It's 60 calories for 4 teaspoons and it is a splurge. You can get it at Kroger or Walmart here. When I was on Dr. Lewis' forum, I asked him about it and he said for me to do whatever I have to do keep myself on the diet and if cream in my coffee will keep me 5 biting, then do it (He also said that about my nightcap drinks). After putting it like that I did not have any guilt about it. His forum is awesome b/c he hosts weekly online chats and you can ask him anything...but it costs $50 for a year subscription and my husband wouldn't renew it b/c he said I've spent too much money dieting (and he's right!). Also, when I was on it, the forum participation was not as much as this one. But I do plan to send him my before and after pictures and hopefully he will post them on his site. Have you been to the site and looked at the before & afters? They are pretty motivating! Hope you can find the creamer!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:29 pm

Wow.. that sounds soooooooooo yummy.. I just put milk in my tea.. wow that sounds like a nice change. I have also spent to so much on dieting.. really i could go for a gastric band with all I have spent and had the weight off already.. lol.. I think you are right about this forum.. its so nice to come and read all the motivating journeys here.. You sure are one of them girl!! queen
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Thanks, Debbie! We all keep each other going! afro afro afro afro lol! lol! lol!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next