5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Snow White's Journal

+29
Mrs5BD
Challenger
Slimw5bd
username
Yuki526
needhelp
Pookykat
16Again
Scarlet
kelleep26
kimikat3
ElleBella
Maernet
Kaliopikat
mommieof2
amu82
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
insanity
herbsgirl
teaismyhappyplace
Jesabelle
spryng
Dmac
eveangel22
misunderstood
Snow White
33 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 12 Empty Re: Snow White's Journal

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:49 pm

LOL.. loves those ones.. lol lol! afro He looks so cheaky
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 12 Empty Food Journal for Saturday, June 2

Post  Snow White Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:44 pm

weight: 183.4

b- Starbucks
l- 5 bites grilled chicken, apple, cranberry salad w/ranch dressing from Burger King (I measured 1/3 cup of salad and then had the dressing on the side and dipped each bite into it.)
d- 2 bites salmon, 2 bites baked potato, 1 bite green beans

Not enough weight gone, must go all in crazy warrior b/c my body is no longer cooperating!!!!! I will be measuring with the 1/3 cup measure and I may if I can stand it try eating light! I want this weight G-O-N-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

I may even try replacing my lunch with a low cal protein shake during the week (too hard on the weekend) and then just having my food measured in the 1/3 cup measure for dinner along with water loading, Perrier, and other no calorie drinks. There has been some debate on here before about drinking too much Crystal Light...it seems to make people retain water (probably all the artificial things in it)---Has anyone had any experience with that????

Last edited by Snow White on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks for the creamer explanation, makes perfect sense. I did see that one at the grocery store, will definitely go try it as a change to half/half. I like his idea that if it helps stick to the plan, go for it, that's the conclusion I've come to with the half/half & coffee. Such a little thing can be so satisfying.

Interesting what you said about his forum. I've been thinking about signing up, just to be able to participate in the weekly meetings. If I did that, if any of you had questions, you could ask me, I could get responses, then post back.

Yup...I'm part of your club too. Have spent WAY too much on unsuccessful diet things. lol.

Have a great day, Snow White.
Kat
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Ahhhh darling snow white.. No worries your body will figure it out soon.. its most likely is body hold on for dearl life.. Suspect No worries though the Super Warrior in you will fight back! cheers

Ok so I am little nuts.. but really honey are you ok? Do you think there is something else you can try eating that might encourage your body to shift?
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 12 Empty Food Journal for Sunday, June 3

Post  Snow White Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:50 pm

Debbie, I really don't want to eat oatmeal or prunes or anything for my 5 bites...I'm too much in love with my food. I may look into making a pot of taco soup or something with beans it to each for lunch all of next week. Do you think that would help?

Sad rant:
June 14th will make 6 months for me on this diet and as of today, June 3rd I have only lost 18 pounds. Now true I still have 11 more days until the 6 month mark and I know it will be possible for me to lose 7 pounds in those 11 days to make it an even 25 if I can stay really focused, take smaller bites, drink more water, and go to the bathroom. I lost 25 pounds the first 6 months of my diet doing low carb w/ no portion control, then I switched to 5 bites and I'm coming up on another 6 months and I'm really going to have to bust it to clear 25 pounds again. But I know it's not the diet, it's me! I am to blame. There are some weeks that I cheated and just maintained weight. There were some weeks that I went mia and ate like a fool and gained. This diet works, but if you're not going to be consistent and go all in, then it can be just as slow as any other method of weight loss. I'm really at a strange point in this process for me and trying not to do things that could sabotage my progress on purpose. Even if I can hit that 25 pound mark by June 14th for an even 50 pounds since I started this journey, I will still be fat and I will still have a ton of weight to lose. So this is where it gets hard ladies, this is where the you decide if you're a warrior or if you just fade away like so many others have. My problem is, some days I fight like a mighty warrior and other days I cower down and succumb to defeat. Clearly I have really not made a permanent change in actually wanting to eat less food. If I had made this change of what I want, things would be different. And I get confused b/c I have these streaks of weight loss followed by streaks of slowing and gaining. I do know that I want to look different and I'm trying to do something about it.

weight: 183.0

b-coffee w/chocolate creamer
l- 5 bites meatloaf, mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, cornbread (a little of each on each bite)
d- will post
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:55 pm

You and I are very much alike when it comes to our love and passion for good food! I know getting stuck in a plateau isn't easy... And seeing the light on the otherside of that road of life isnt always easy.
As you said, giving up or hanging on during these moments is what separates the warriors from the weak... You have accomplished such amazing weight loss already... So you are a proven warrior!!! Chin up... And carry on... Tomorrow is a new day... And we are blessed with that!
kimikat3
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:54 pm

Boy are we ever blessed with that! Very Happy

Snow what about doing the 5 bite thing as a low carb 5 bite thing? Have you tried that.. some people are very carb sensitive (me Im one).. Why not make some of your old low carb recipes and eat a good five bites of that and see if you can rock your system..

I wrote on my journal about a lady on Youtube who makes cheddar muffins and peanut butter cookies.. well my dear 5 bites of those your not hungry till dinner.. really they are made from coconut flour.. I was shocked when I first tried them on how I was just never hungry.. go and check her out..(find her name on my journal) Make some yummy caseroles that are chocked full of good healthy veg and meats.. one of my favs is shepherd's pie.. full of everything.. as are mexican meat pies.. sooooo delish.. lower carbs..(even with the tators) and easy to feel full with 5 bites..

hope this helps.. sunny Tomorrow is a new day.. Make it your WARRIOR DAY!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:56 pm

Thanks so much for the support, Kim & Debbie!!!!!
I really needed it today! : ))))))))))))
I think going back to low carb may be a good decision for me with PCOS. I used to think I was eating such low portions that it was automatically low carb, but I think my body is really starting understand the difference. I love food and there is no changing that! I'm going to check out those cheddar muffins! Thanks ladies, for the advice and the encouragement! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:58 am

You are so welcome honey.. I love making the cheddar buns and turning them into ham and cheese heated sandwiches.. yummo! Enjoy.. xo

Im having a binging freakout tonight.. full out on my TOM and I am wanting to eat my cupboard doors., eeek.. I have had ice cream.. which I am aloud.. but now I want something salty like popcorn.. lol.. Oh dear.. it will be a good thing when my husband gets here next month so i can go for a walk when I am feeling stressed.. My little one is in bed so no chance tonight,... Hey maybe I should put on some good music and dance myself away from the cabinets.... affraid

Keep grooving all.. Hugs flower
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Snow white I hope you are feeling better today. We all have these little rants and feel unaccomplished some times but look at your success so far. You have lost the weight and it might be at a stall right now but I'm sure it's going to turn into a fat burning machine again. It could be due to the tennis and taking in less calories, everyone's body is different so what works for some may not work for all. I hope your happy with the numbers this morning. Keep your head held high as you are lighter than you once were..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 12 Empty Food Journal for Monday, June 4

Post  Snow White Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Michelle, you're right I am lighter than I once was so I need to take a deep breath and recognize that, I mean really get a grip on myself and my thinking and recognize that! You could be right about the tennis...but this confuses me a lot b/c there are several people doing this diet and exercising and the book says not to bother with it I feel a little guilty for not doing it. But again I know that exercising makes me hungrier and I don't want that. Maybe you're right that by adding the tennis and as intense as I go at it like for a solid hour in very hot weather, by body could be holding the fat almost like I'm in starvation mode or something...then there is the PCOS raging in the background. I also really think I've got to commit to low carbing again.

b-white tea peach/mango flavor w/ 1 teaspoon honey (20 calories, 5.6 carbs)
l- bullet proof coffee--1 cup black coffee w/ 2 tablespoons unsalted organic butter, 1 tablespoon coconut oil (330 calories, 0 carbs)
d- 5 bites meat only bacon cheese burger

Not posting weight today...too depressing!

I may try omitting the honey in the morning tea tomorrow and see if I can stomach it, just to save some carbs. I'm not a big tea lover, but this tea was pretty good to me. The bulletproof coffee was amazing and kept me satisfied for nearly 6 hours. Then when I had dinner, my stomach felt so full. Also, I was able to use the bathroom today and think the bulletproof coffee may have helped with that! If the scale goes down tomorrow morning, I will be repeating this plan tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Last edited by Snow White on Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:20 pm

Hugs beauty.. xo
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:06 pm

Awh ((((((hugs))))) to you. I'm not sure if it is the tennis, but when you look back at how you were losing with out the tennis and since then you are starting to gain, probably muscle, it kind of looks like it could be. I know my body seems to love lower calories because, even though I'm not 5lbs a week I'm still losing while eating what I want and not feeling to deprived. I'm sure you will be back to normal in no time. I bet what's going to happen if you keep doing the tennis the body will realize it's not being deprived and the weight will start melting off.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Snow White, losing "only" 18 pounds in nearly 6 months is a great loss! That's more than I lost in the last 6 months. I think I'm around the same weight or higher now than I was 6 months ago. Your loss is really a great accomplishment. What is important is that we keep trying. At my dojo there is a sign that says, "Fall down 7 times, get up 8."

You once told me, don't downplay your accomplishments. That was good advice! Don't downplay your accomplishment. cheers
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:51 pm

You're both right! I should not downplay my accomplishments! But I just really want to keep going, too! : ))))) I am going to keep going with the tennis b/c I just enjoy it so much. Now if it were running or weight workouts or some other kind of aerobic torture I would gladly give it up. But if I am building muscle by playing tennis, then eventually that muscle will help me burn more fat. I tried that bulletproof coffee today and I have to say it was pretty amazing. It seems like the Dave blog guy is drinking black coffee for breakfast, bulletproof coffee for lunch, and then eating meat for dinner. I'm trying this today except for I had tea w/ a teaspoon of honey for breakfast b/c black coffee, well I just can't do it! We'll see how it goes on the scale tomorrow. I can't thank you enough for the encouragement! bounce bounce bounce
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:04 am

bounce bounce bounce bounce You are doing fab.. really I have read your posts and I think you are amazing! Keep working towards that healthy you and your pants will be on the floor before you know it! affraid

Cheers!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  kimikat3 Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:58 am

I just read your first entry... And you and are sooo very much alike. Same height... Around the same start weight... Funny.
kimikat3
kimikat3

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:25 am

Thanks Debbie & Kim!!!

Debbie, I'm hoping I can figure this out and get the scale moving in the right direction again. You know how some things work for a while and then you have to switch it up??? Especially with PCOS!

Kim, we do have a lot of similarities and one thing is for sure, we are both going to get super skinny by allowing the warrior within to emerge to greatness! No holding back!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Alright my fellow WARRIOR.. how was your WI this am.. I am sure you shifted it!!! bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 12 Empty Food Journal for Tuesday, June 5

Post  Snow White Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:49 pm

I'm still up a little bit...but I think the fruit at the bottom of my sangria last night is to blame and oh, probably the sangria too! I'm being really good today and hopefully will be down some tomorrow. Also, on Sunday night I had a cocktail and then ate like a fool...drinking at off times makes me hungry for some reason. Now I usually have a "low carb nightcap" before bed and it has NEVER effected my hunger or my weight loss. So, anyway no pre-dinner cocktails for me anymore!

b- plain hot tea (nasty, will probably skip this tomorrow unless I'm dying!)
l- bulletproof coffee
d- 2 bites leftover bacon cheeseburger meat only!, 3 bites loaded salad

I really, really, really want to hurry up and get to 175!!!!!!!! And then 150!!!!!!!!! And then 125!!!!!!!!!!! And then we'll see!!!!!!!!!!! This process is really sucking bad for me right now!!!!!!!! Ugg, I swear I will never do this again! When I lose it, this is the last time I'm losing it, I'm not gaining this weight back EVER...this is just tooooooooo hard!!!!!!

This is my second day having only one "real bite meal" for dinner and I have to say that when I ate I was stuffed almost painfully so. Hopefully that D scale will fall tomorrow!!!!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:12 am

I am so with you on the "this is the last every time I do this.. and Keep it!" I get it.. I also drank wine last night and I half expected the scale to go up.. so I was a bit affraid lol.. You are a Warrior and I will promise no matter what I will stay here till you all.. we all do it!! I am lowcarbing my 5 bites as it works the best for me.. When I am down to my 120's then I can have some bread and icecream with in the 5 bite rule..

All the way ladies lets do it together and get it done!! bounce bounce bounce

Debbie
[/color][/color]
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Snow White's Journal - Page 12 Empty Food Journal for Wednesday, June 6

Post  Snow White Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:27 pm

weight: 183.2

b-water
l-bulletproof coffee
d- 2 bites chicken tender, 3 bites loaded salad dipped in ranch dressing on the side

We are leaving on Friday afternoon for a little mini-vacation and will be back on Monday late. I won't be able to have my bulletproof coffee for lunch, but I'm sure I can do a 5 bite low carb dinner each night. I was thinking I'd like to stick with a liquid for lunch not necessarily calorie free. I'm thinking a gatorade or energy drink might be able to take the place of the bulletproof coffee for a couple of days...but who knows I may just eat 5 bites at lunch...I seem to lack conviction on vacations so who knows what will happen. But when I return...I really think I'm on to something with this bulletproof coffee.

Also, I have been resting so much better since starting the medicine and sound machine. I wake up feeling better than I have ever felt. I may eeek even consider exercising in the mornings at some point, but for now I must devote all my mental energy to finishing up my master's...everything must be done by June 24th!!!!!!

Last edited by Snow White on Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm

Snow White - Enjoy your mini vacation! Careful with the energy drinks if you're sensitive to caffeine. I once got EXTREMEMLY jittery plus got a headache while drinking a Monster Low Carb while fasting during the day. Gatorade might be a good choice. You can try one or the other and see how it goes. Was it Dr. Lewis who said, Hunger is never an emergency? I read that somewhere, can't remember the source. It totally feels like an emergency to me sometimes, but the times I've waited that feeling out and stayed on my plan, I survived. Razz

I'm so glad to hear you can finally get some rest! Focus on that master's, you're almost there, you can do it! Then you can start getting more exercise in.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 am

Insanity, thanks so much for the advice about energy drinks/gatorade...I may try both and see how I react to it. I will try very, very hard to remember as you said that hunger is not an emergency! Also, I can just grab hold of my gut full of fat and remember that I have plenty of stored energy! It is getting better, but I can still grab it! I'll be so glad when this is all over. I'm really looking forward to paying this forward, though and helping some people in their journey once I hit my goal weight just like we have all helped each other. I'm thankful that your back and that you're always there for me! : ))))))) flower flower flower
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:45 am

Hey girl,, Have a super time on your mini trip.. What is a bullet proof coffee?? sorry I am sure I read somewhere the post on that .. but can not remember it.. lol..

I get that its not a emergency when your hungry.. but I sure feel like it is.. oh dear.. I faill on this one alot.. Shocked

Happy Vaca

Deb
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next