5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insanity's Restart

+13
ElleBella
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
3jaysmom
rugbygirl87
Dmac
LillyHouston
herbsgirl
Jesabelle
Snow White
spryng
AllieT
insanity
17 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

insanity's Restart - Page 3 Empty Re: insanity's Restart

Post  insanity Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:09 pm

I fell off the wagon this weekend and binged. I ran a 5K Saturday morning, so decided to eat some of the race food afterwards for recovery, and it all went downhill from there. Tomorrow is going to be tough, my boss is getting food to welcome back one of the supervisors who's coming back after surgery. I'm actually picking up the food in the morning. So I'm really looking forward to Tuesday, when there is no party planned.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 am

Work treats like that are so tough! I haven't worked in an office for over 5 years now (as I work from home now) but when I did they did a treat day just about every friday and it was a total pig out, so hard to eat light when you see everyone else caving in. I would say maybe pick 5 items and eat a bite of each but I know how hard it is to portion control so yes, I hope tues is much easier for you as well, hang in there!!!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:42 am

oh and I wanted to say amazing job on the 5k!!! I wanted to try and do one this year too but I'm so out of shape again so I'm gonna live vicariously through you right now, lol
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:08 am

I agree! Work food is very hard to resist! Do the best you can and just on going, you can do it! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Spryng - Doing a 5k is alot of fun! There are walkers in many of the ones I participate in, so even if you want to walk in one, you could totally do it.

Snow White - thanks for the encouragement! Hopefully no more work parties for awhile.

I'm hoping to get back on track with strict 5 Bite today. The intense hunger/cravings I've been feeling subsided last night. I think it was the usual monthly hormone thing. Ugh!!! I hate that! I had more than 5 bites for dinner last night, but it was less than I had been eating. I really hope to stick to 5 bite through the Easter meal and onward.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:08 pm

I'm rethinking this Easter meal...at first I was going to just eat...but now I'm not super happy with the menu so I may just 5 bite through the Easter meal. I'll have to wait and see for sure once I get there. I have done so well this week so if I'm going to cheat I really want it to be worth it and I'm not sure it will be with this Easter meal.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:02 pm

I ate way too much for Easter, but I got back on track Monday. I'm back to my usual meals:

B - water + Coke Zero

L - Greek yogurt + either ww bread or fruit

D - some protein + pasta

Last week was light on workouts, but I am trying to hit it hard again this week. So far so good. Last week, I got a few compliments about having lost weight, even though I was actually eating more last week. Even though I don't really like when people comment on my weight, I want to keep losing weight, since people obviously notice when I lose or gain. Plus, it would be awesome to win my contest! I'm again excited about losing weight.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:28 pm

Yesterday and today, for breakfast I had some tea with half-and-half. I may add that in for awhile, since I really enjoy it and it's not TOO many calories. I accidently skipped lunch today, because I was busy. I hope to stick to the usual 5 bites for dinner, so extra calories cut.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Apr 13, 2012 6:21 pm

Dinner last night: 2 bites steak, 2 bites sweet potato, 1 bite green peas

Workout:
yard work - 1.5 hrs
Karate practice ~ 30 or 45 min
Gilad Total Body Sculpt - 45 min

I was sore and beat after all the exercise, so I took a long, hot bath. I woke up tired this morning, but otherwise feel good today.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Friday:

B - tea + half & half
L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 2 bites tangerine, 1 bite bosc pear
Snack - 1/2 chocolate Easter bunny
D - 1 bite steak, 3 bites brown rice + spinach + green peas + tuna (leftovers, I love leftovers)

Karate class - 1.5 hrs (aLOT of stretching, then mostly easy until the last half hour)

The choc bunny was on sale at the grocery store, and when I saw it I felt I just had to have it. I guess my plan was to scarf the whole thing down, then get right back on track with my planned dinner. I was shocked to find that, after I ate 3 or 4 bites of it, which was about half of it, I felt satisfied. The rest is sitting in the kitchen cabinet. Usually my sudden cravings result in a binge, then going totally off track. Hopefully I'm learning a little flexibility with my eating plan. Having a little extra does NOT mean that I've totally messed up and is no reason to continue to binge.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  rmontalvan Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:32 am

awesome! your last post is EXACTLY what I needed to hear...thanks and great job!

rmontalvan

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm

rmontalvan - Cool, I'm glad it helped! Hopefully, having a written record will also help me in the future.

Saturday and Sunday were a bit high-calorie I think:

Saturday
B - water, coke zero, tea + half & half
L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, ? (forgot what else I had, maybe 3 bites fruit?)
D - 6 bites tricolor pasta + tuna + green peas (it tasted soooo good, and I felt so hungry, I didn't want to throw away or put away the last bite), last half of the choc easter bunny

Run - 3 miles

Sunday
B - water, coke zero
L - 4 LARGE bites apple + peanut butter/almond butter, 1 LARGE bite pear + almond butter
D - 5 bites tricolor pasta, sauce, chicken sausage, parmesan (I had an extra bite left, so I put it in the fridge for tomorrow or whenever)

Weight: 167 or 168
Waist: 36"

I was a bit disappointed in my weigh-in (for some reason I was hoping for around 161) until I realized that after less than a week on fairly strict 5-Bite, I managed to offset the week of overeating. I'm about where I was at my last weigh-in. My waist is 1/4" larger, but it isn't a huge difference so not worth stressing. Plus I've been working out alot, so I realize I may be retaining a bit of water.

It was soooo hard to stop eating at lunchtime Sunday. I at lunch around 3pm, and just wanted to keep eating. I'd had a fairly busy day, and was tired, so I lay down in the living room, and my hubby put on a movie for me to watch. My thoughts kept drifting to wanting to eat more peanut butter or possibly something else. I kept distracting myself by concentrating on the movie, or thinking about how I really want to lose weight, get slim, and win my biggest loser contest. I also reminded myself that it wasn't long until dinner time, and I had a nice dinner planned. Distracting myself and thinking about anything other than eating really works. Eventually the strong desire to eat passed.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:43 am

Monday:

B - water, coke zero, tea + half and half

L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 2 bites red grapes, 1 bite bosc pear

D - 2 bites chicken sausage + spicy brown mustard, 2 (large) bites sweet potato, 1 bite green peas

Walking - 55 min total
Yoga - 1 hour

Tai Chi class for this evening was cancelled, otherwise I would've had 1 hour of tai chi. Instead I came home and rested after yoga, which is probably a good thing. My right leg has been sore since last week, with some minor pains in spots that I've never had before. I'm going to stick to mostly low-impact workouts and hopefully my leg will heal up.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:40 pm

Weight: 167, finally down another pound!

Tuesday:

L - 1 bite ww bread, 2 bites red grapes, 1 bite almonda

D - 2 bites chicken sausage, 3 bites brown rice + spinach

Gilad Cuts & Curves - 1 hour (strength training with bands/light weights/bodyweight)
Karate basics practice - 10 or 15 min
Tai Chi - 5 or 10 min
Edit: Walking - 75 min

Last edited by insanity on Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot to add the walking)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Wednesday:

L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 1 bite ww bread, 2 bites red grapes

D - 3 bites tuna sandwich, 2 bites chicken sausage + pasta + tomato sauce and parmesan

Walking - 15 min
Karate class - 1.5 hrs

Karate class was tough. I was pretty tired before I started, and my warm-up before class was cut short because my husband called and was feeling very sick. Thought I might have to go home, but he was ok and I attended class as usual.

My whole body felt fatigued and I was having trouble holding the proper form, particularly with the sparring. My sensei corrected me and I was able to get mentally focused and overcome the physical fatigue. I wasn't holding my stomach/core in properly, and it felt so hard to do that last night. But for the last 15 or 20 minutes of class I really felt I was getting into it and found new energy. Sensei has noticed that I sometimes come to class focused while other times I'm totally unfocused. I think I am improving, hopefully I can continue to improve my mental focus. I have a bad habit of limiting myself and having a lack of confidence in myself. I really must remember that I CAN accomplish whatever I set out to do.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:07 pm

Thursday:

L - 5 bites old fashioned oatmeal + margarine (sooooooo yummy!)

D - 2 bites salmon, 3 bites brown rice + margarine

I took the morning off and we spent the morning renting a truck, purchasing 8 pieces of fire-rated sheetrock (HEAVY!) from Home Depot, bringing them home, and unloading them to store in the garage for now. We then loaded and hauled off 1 truckload of garbage followed by 3 truckloads of yardwaste like branches and bags of leaves. Tiring morning!

After working 1/2 day and dinner:

Karate practice - basics + kata ~ 20 or 30 min

Gilad Total Body Sculpt #7 - 45 min light weights/bw work + kickboxing and calesthenics

I was dozing off in the evening before bed.

I slept very well last night and didn't even wake up before the alarm clock like I usually do.

insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:27 pm

I tried on my nice size 12 Tommy Hilfiger jeans that I bought the last time I lost weight, and I was thrilled that I could fit! They are still a bit snug, so I will wait a bit before I wear them so I won't stretch them out. I'm wearing my button-fly Levis today which fit pretty nicely now. Last week they were more snug so I didn't wear them, so I'm thrilled that they fit now! Love this diet, it's so awesome to see such quick results.

Even so, at times I feel discouraged and wonder if all this hard work with the workouts, eating so little, and being hungry alot of the time is worth it. Hubby took my picture on Sunday, and although I can see that I've lost weight, my stomach still has so much fat and looks awful. I was feeling a bit discouraged last night for some reason. I keep reminding myself that this diet DOES work, and one day I'll be maintaining the loss, which will be easier than losing the weight. And then I have a day like today, when I can really see the results, which is awesome. I soooooo can't wait to have a flat stomach, and a nice waistline.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:27 am

Your doing great Insanity congratulations
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  rmontalvan Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:50 am

keep up the good work!! it is inspiring!

rmontalvan

Back to top Go down

insanity's Restart - Page 3 Empty Thanks

Post  Alexis2012 Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:01 pm

Hi Insanity,

Thanks for dropping by my journal. I have ready your success and it really is motivational. I mostly enjoy how honest everyone is about just how hard the diet can get at times. It's refreshing to see real people working hard to get healthier/slimmer and supporting each other.

I hope you are having another great day.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Thanks Dmac and rmontalvan!

Checked Weight Saturday 4/21 and Monday 4/23:

I slipped on Saturday. The morning started fine, but then I received my copy of the lab work I had done last week. The results were not that great. My triglycerides were down, but my cholestrol was about the same which is too high. The "bad" cholestrol level was significantly higher than last time. Some of my CBC counts were off, and also the BUN was low. Upon internet research, it seems that BUN can be low with inadequate protein intake, or malnutrition. Apparently the low CBC counts may mean I'm more succeptible to infection.

I started seriously second-guessing this diet and wondering if I really SHOULD eat more. I know that I've been eating too much margarine, so that's why my cholestrol levels are still high. But I've never had a problem with any of those other readings. I'm also taking a new medication which is for cholestrol, so some of the readings my be from that.

I ended up feeling so frustrated and binged most of the day. I gave myself a stomach ache and ended up running to the bathroom all day long. It was bad timing because we were going away overnight. Luckily I was feeling better in the evening and survived the 1.5 hour drive without any problems. Felt fine on Sunday, not really hungry for most of the day.

Sunday I got back on track:

B - water, coke zero, coffee + creamer

L - 5 bites banana + 6 almonds

D - 5 bites tuna + brown rice, red bell pepper, frozen/cooked spinach, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar.

I plan to add in 6 almonds daily, and replace the large amounts of margarine with a small amount of olive oil. I have used olive oil + balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing many times, and it was actually very tasty on the rice dish. I would like to add oatmeal in from time to time, but I don't want to add breakfast.

I will see my doctor tomorrow and find out what he thinks about my bloodwork. I really want to continue 5 Bite and keep dropping weight quickly. Actually I haven't even been losing THAT quickly. I'm down 15 pounds in the last 2 months, which isn't excessive. So I hope the doc is at least happy with my weight loss.

I do not want to tell the doc about the 5 Bite Diet, because he is also my husband's doctor, plus my husband will be with me during the visit. I'm a bit nervous about the doctor visit tomorrow, hopefully it all goes well.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:55 am

Monday 4/23:

L - 2 bites Greek yogurt, 3 bites apple, 6 almonds

D - bites tuna + brown rice, red bell pepper, frozen/cooked spinach, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar

Walking - 30 minutes

Yoga - 1 hour

Tai Chi - 1 hour

I only drank 2 cans of Coke Zero today, which is amazing. I've been drinking like 4 to 6 each day, even 7 on some days. Hopefully my stomach is shrinking and I'm getting accustomed to eating the small amounts and NOT needing to stuff myself all day with whatever.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:14 pm

Wow, Insanity, you really have some nice dinners for your bites. Your lunch is so little. That is pretty awesome too that you can eat that and last on it. I keep trying to get into diet soda but since I don't even like regular soda it just didn't end up sticking. I have a lot/hate relationship with flavored water/seltzers. I do great with ice cold water and now I've added the coffee.

I think I will try to add some exercise tomorrow. I have an eliptical at home that I literally (I'm not kidding) haven't used since I bought it in November.

You are doing really great.
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:35 pm

Alexis2012 - Thanks. By the way, I think stevia in the coffee is fine. It's no calories.

Unfortunately I fell off the wagon last night and today hasn't gone well.

I saw the doc yesterday and he thought my bloodwork was fine. I guess the numbers that were out of range were close enough that he felt everything was OK. I was all worried over nothing. He recommended increasing the cholestrol medication dosage, so I'll try that.

I fasted most of the day yesterday because we were going to our friend's restauraunt for dinner last night. I meant to stick to 1 slice of pizza, but that went out the window. I woke up this morning and wanted breakfast, and I've been snacking most of the day on the lunch I didn't eat yesterday plus today's lunch. I hope to get my focus back tomorrow.

Correction: I hope to return to 5 Bite with tonight's dinner.

Last edited by insanity on Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added plan for tonight)
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:47 pm

It happens! You'll be fine and I know that it can be hard when you are in front of others and feel socially pressured to eat. But if you get right back on, you'll be fine!!! Very Happy
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next