5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

starting up again today

+3
ewhetstone
spryng
starbucks addict
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

starting up again today Empty starting up again today

Post  starbucks addict Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:54 pm

Hey guys, have been off 5B for a while now but jumping back on cause my weight has crept up on me (i have been eating alot lately) and need to get it back down before it gets too outta control!

stats currently:
height: 5'4
weight: 126.6 lbs
goal: 110lbs

I have decided to eat breakie the first few days and will slowly ween myself off breakie:

Last edited by starbucks addict on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today Empty Re: starting up again today

Post  spryng Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:39 pm

Hello! its so nice to meet someone who has worked this plan before so welcome back! Smile

May I ask at your current weight what size you are and what size you'll be at 110? I'm your same height so it may give me an idea of what I can look forward to as I lose the weight as well Smile

I had to wean myself off breakfast as well. Took me about 3 days of a couple bites at breakfast and less bites at dinner to compensate and it worked great. I can't wait to follow your journey!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:25 am

Hey Spryng! btw I read your journal and you are doing so well! It motivated me to start up again!

I am a size 8-10 right now. however I am in NZ what country are you in?

my lowest weight this year was 113 in beginning of year and back then i was size 6/8.

Hopefully that helps!

Yeah I will have breakie until friday and try not too after that. Thanks for your message Smile
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:29 am

I am in the united states so yeah I think our sizes are different here. I am so glad to hear my journal motivated someone! It sure helps me stay accountable and focused for sure. Good luck with today!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:06 pm

yesturday ended up being good until dinner where i went over my bites!

day 1
B: muesli bar (5 bites)
L:muesli bar (5 bites)
D: 5 bites poached egg
10 bites noodles

Today im at 126.6 again. I can't believe i screwed up the very first day! however I'm just gonna brush myself off and start again tomorrow! Do you guys have any tips for not going over your bites? Do you count your bites as you eat or portion what looks like 5 bites and savour it slowly?
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:32 am

Don't beat yourself up! a motto that works well for this diet is not to wait until tomorrow to get back on plan but get back on your very next meal. You can do it!!

For me at first I wasnt sure what 5 bites looked like so I'd make a small plate, count 5 bites as I ate and throw the rest out (or my kids would eat it) now I can eyeball better what 5 bites look like but I still count while I'm eating. Just to be safe and not assume so I'm not overeating my bites.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  ewhetstone Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Hey starbucks, I'm new at this too but I just take 5 bites of whatever I'm having and toss the rest right away! No thinking about it just do it and then go do something else Smile

ewhetstone

Back to top Go down

starting up again today Empty restart day 1 & 2

Post  starbucks addict Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:12 pm

Hey guys after not doing 5 bite and trying avenues have decided to try 5 bites again cuz nothing else works as well as this! I was a bit worried that i would give up on first day again like last time so decided i would only start posting after doing 2 days. today is day 3 and going good so far, didn't actually find day 1 and 2 too hard which is good!

here are my new stats (i have gained quite a lot from last time!)
start 128.8
goal 110

day 1
breakfast - skinny chai
lunch - 5 bites (1 bumper bar)
dinner - 5 bite roast pork

day 2
breakfast - skinny chai
lunch 5 bites (1 bumper bar)
dinner - 5 bites lamb and vege wrap

Super happy with the progress so far, this really works so much better than any other plan i've ever been on! I know I'm not supposed to be having milky coffee however it doesn't seem to be affecting my weight loss and makes it easy to last until lunch so gonna keep it unless my weight loss stalls.
gonna plan on having a bumper bar again at lunch today. will be back to update later!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:56 pm

Great start Starbucks glad your back I'm back also after a not so good weekend
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:58 pm

thanks dmac! i read other peoples journals and they all say that after day 3 gets much easier so hopefully thats the case - however i haven't found last 2 days too bad i think it really is a mind thing. i'm hungry all the time however i don't really have a strong urge to eat like i used to. it seems like you are just used to constant hunger and don't even notice it! its my birthday next week so am wanting to be 120 by then - which means i need to loose 5 lbs in 1 week - hopefully its achievable!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Your last two days look fantastic! so glad it's working for you this time around, hang in there!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:37 am

thanks spryng! its so nice to have this forum as i can't really tell most ppl i know what im doing cause they start going on about how its starving yourself and how you don't need to loose weight which is all negative and does nothing for you so great to have guys!

also, have any of you heard of a book i think it is called the becks solution or something. i read it a few days ago - its actually not a diet plan however it gives you tips on how to stick to whatever diet you choose to embark on. The main part of the book is that you keep little cards in your wallet for different situations and it has helped me alot. for example i have a card that is 'get back on track' which i can refer to if i ever go offplan and it stops the cycle of 'oh well i might was well start from tomorrow or next week'.

on the card i have:
'If i've eaeten something I shouldn't I haven't blown it. I can start following my plan again right this minute. Just because I made a mistake doesn't mean I should keep on eating. that makes no sense. Its a million times better to stop now than to allow myself to eat more'

sorry for blabbing but hope it helps someone!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:38 am

yes I have been using that book in conjunction with this plan as well!!!! really helps me stick to it. I also have a diet coach app on my phone that has motivational tips to keep me from wavering when I feel weak that are great too. The best way to succeed on any diet is to create reminders and a no fail zone for ourselves. Every little thing really does help Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:25 pm

I'm going to look for that book and that app for my phone is it a Droid app or I phone app? I think those things could really help me as for people being negative I deal with that alot people seem to think every man should be 200 lb even my wife likes me best 190 to 200 but my bmi says 125 to 160 it makes the diet that much harder when others tell u your doing the wrong thing even when u know your doing the right thing. So I need things that help me stay focused. I feel alot better between 150 and 170 but at 180s is when the guys I work with start saying negative things
So by then home and work are putting in my head that what I'm doing is wrong but I know its not but it still makes it difficult. When I got to 155 everyone I knew though that was to thin but I felt better then ever. So I really want to get to 150s again I think if I hold their long enough mabe people will get used to it and stop commenting negatively. Sorry to go off in your journal hope u don't mind. And both of u are doing great keep it up.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:30 pm

it's a droid app and I just love it! and you are right, I will have a lot of nay-sayers too when I get closer to my weight, they think 140-150 is fine for me but I'm technically overweight until 145 lbs and I want to be 115-120, per dr lewis I should be 108 so I know they are gonna nit pick me to death as I get nearer so we'll have to tune them out together!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:18 pm

ooh the app sounds like a good idea! i only have iphone but i'll search to see if they have a similar one. lol no i don't mind at all dmac write all you like on my journal Smile

yeah i think you just really have to tune out the other people. i mean they are either 1. just not used to u it 2. don't want to make you feel bad about your current weight by saying you would be better if you lost more 3. if they are on heavier side it might make them feel a little insecure.

I am lucky that my mum is supportive and doesn't lie and always reminds me when i'm gaining and thinks i look better at a lower weight. to some it might seem mean but i think its really good - i mean if your mum can't be honest to you that who can? and also alot of the times you don't realise yourself if you gaining and it starts to look bad however other people can pick it up.

I have had some people who said to me that i look better now at higher weight and i looked 'sick' at 113 but i know that i definately looked better at lower weight (photos don't lie!) and felt so much better.

The most important thing is reaching weight that you feel good at and most comfortable at and doesn't matter what anyone else says cause its your body! cheers
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today Empty day 3

Post  starbucks addict Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:26 pm

weight and food for yesturday

day 3
breakfast - skinny chai
lunch - 5 bite (1 bumper bar)
dinner - 5 bite dumpling (3 dumplings)
extras! 25 mini gummy bears! Shocked

yesturday went really well apart from the gummy bears. i usually don't keep that kinda stuff at home however had them as i was making vodka gummies for my party this saturday and kinda was mindlessly eating them when watching tv and then realised and stopped and read my motivation card. I'm not going to beat myself up though as i am proud that i stuck to dinner as per normal and just didn't throw in the towel.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

starting up again today Empty day 4

Post  starbucks addict Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:30 pm

weight and food for today

day 4
breakfast - soy chai latte
lunch - 1 bumper bar (5 bite)
dinner - 3 dumplings (5 bite)

I only lost 0.2 lbs from yesturday, not sure if it was gummy bears. however i didn't expect to loose that much since i've already lost 3.6lbs in 3 days. I might try and weigh in only once a week from now - not sure if i will be able to stop weighing everyday as i can't resist but il try my best!

Last edited by starbucks addict on Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:04 pm

I think as long as you keep your daily weights in perspective its fine to weigh everyday. For me if I saw a slight gain or several days of no loss it would lead to stress eating... it would dictate my mood all day etc but I do weigh a few times a week, usually about 3x's but I only count my saturday weigh in each week.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 am

Got the app its a great app haven't gotten that book yet. what is a gummy vodka?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:39 am

its when you soak gummy bears in vodka for a day and the gummy bear absorbs some of the vodka - like vodka jelly but a gummy bear. I tasted it yesturday but it was really potent!

I really like skittle vodka (you infuse skittles into vodka and the vodka tastes like skittles) so might also make that tonight. will need to be vigalent and stop myself from eating them!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:01 am

I like vodka anything I'll have to try both of those drinks sometime
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:52 am

i also found a recipe for marshmellow vodka infusion might also try will let you know how it goes! definately not 5bite friendly however i am going to treat myself on my bday Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:42 am

I've been trying to figure out how to include alcohol down the road. I know right now we aren't suppose to have any but I do miss a glass of wine every now and then.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:46 pm

do you mean once you reach maintenance or while you are still trying to loose? I think you could definately have a glass a few nights a week for maintenance and with weight loss i guess you could just trial and error to see if it affects your weight loss and only do it for special occasions - birthday, anniversary, christmas etc.

i do find that alcohol stalls my weight loss so gonna just have a drink on my bday day and thats it! actually make that 2 Laughing

the thing i gotta watch out for is eating though cause if i get tipsy my self restrain totally flies out the window and i eat everything in sight!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next